Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Some of the Ask A Guru posts were deleted because they dealt with future content. SimGuruDrake made it very clear that questions on future content, anything not currently in the game, would be deleted.

Pertaining to my experience, I doubt it was Drake. But believe me, I completely understand the no-no of asking future content questions. My questions weren't about future content. My questions were about fixing things already in the game.

It wasn't clear that posts would be deleted that asked about issues with the game. Strange. I mean, wouldn't that be a good time to bring up issues?...when the 'actual' Gurus are actively posting?
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    To be completely honest, I think SimsVIP is over exaggerating just a tad. Drake politely asked them to edit the post, she didn't flash a corporate insignia and DEMAND CHANGES BE MADE OR ELSE. While it still falls under the realm of attempted censorship, I don't think the intentions were malicious.

I don't agree with Drake's opinion that the talks should be closed off now because of leaks, but it DID happen and now we're facing immediate consequences. It sucks that they have to limit communications but they have a lot of people breathing down their necks about future content.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 434 Member
    I honestly don't know how some people can still have stomach to defend SimGuruDrake. All fansites, storytellers and builders were disconnected from their influencers positions and will no longer participate in exclusive events, or getting important information to the community. Today I saw several community representatives saying on Twitter that were no longer influencers and would not be in the events. This only confirmed what the SimsVIP shared on their page. DotSims was excluded from influencer list after making a news talking about SimGuruDrake behavior. And now all the other communities are losing their positions.

And still there are those who defend that person who is limiting the community to youtubers. All of this in The Sims community, which has always been diverse, with many different representations. People expect so much that things get better, but I'm just seeing things get worse more and more.

SimGuruBChick, PLEASE, back.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    You know I have had my posts deleted as well and I am not on crying how I have been censored. When my posts have been deleted, it was because the whole thread was gone. Why was the whole thread gone? The answer is simple. People within that thread started a HUGE war and it became derailed. I too have voiced what I don't like about the game and as I stated, they were only deleted if the thread was deleted. If the thread wasn't deleted, then my posts weren't. I don't feel I was being censored but oddly enough some of the ones crying censorship the most are the ones who start the fights or flat out routinely break the rules. From why have seen anyways.

Also, it don't take much for a post or thread to be deleted. If enough people flag it will be deleted and all it takes is for someone to state their opinion that is different than someone else. It don't have to contain anything that is breaking the rules at all!!! The people flagging it just didn't like the fact that someone had a different opinion!!!

I Agree

It isn't some huge conspiracy it's just the rules of the forums. I have had positive topics and comments deleted and only had one negative topic raise a flag and even then they kept it up and just told me to change the title. Plus if EA really had all this power why not delete more negative topics and users I mean if it's really so obvious why not take it all the way. The reason more negative topics get deleted is because they are the ones to normally go out of control real quick. If you use the LGR Meh video as an example those topics didn't get deleted but moved to the video section where they technically belong.

P.S If you keep using censorship please don't. Censorship is a real problem especially in more tyrannical government's and can cause alot of pain for the citizens of a country. Respect the word and the issue simply phrase something else.

Right!!!

Also, I can't say for certain if this is the case with this forum but there has been time on OTHER bored that I know for a fact some of the mods where deleting threads and comments or ban a person simply because they didn't like the person. Now I feel that is just wrong!!!! Just because you don't like person don't give you the right to do such a thing.

Yes I know the proper term and usage of censorship, but seeing ho that is what the greater majority is using here I am as well. I am sure I am not the only one. (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Pary wrote: »
    Quite frankly, I think the influencer program should be done away with entirely, so I don't particularly care who's invited to what. It's always been a bad deal imo. Those people don't know what I want. They probably don't know what meeoun wants, or what GoddessSims wants, or MrHawk or anyone that posts here unless they're buddies.
    I don't want them speaking for me or telling EA that "fans want this and that or whatever" that I don't want at all.

Exactly!! The only ones who know truly what they want are the people themselves.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I honestly don't know how some people can still have stomach to defend SimGuruDrake. All fansites, storytellers and builders were disconnected from their influencers positions and will no longer participate in exclusive events, or getting important information to the community. Today I saw several community representatives saying on Twitter that were no longer influencers and would not be in the events. This only confirmed what the SimsVIP shared on their page. DotSims was excluded from influencer list after making a news talking about SimGuruDrake behavior. And now all the other communities are losing their positions.

And still there are those who defend that person who is limiting the community to youtubers. All of this in The Sims community, which has always been diverse, with many different representations. People expect so much that things get better, but I'm just seeing things get worse more and more.

I do not think it is SimGuruDrake's personal desicion on who the members of the influencers are going to be. I think that is decided higher up in the chain with some of the economy people and those with marketing, it is her job to take the changes that her employer has decided on an implement them. SimGuruBChick would have had to implement the very same change.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,258 Member

Quite frankly, I think the influencer program should be done away with entirely, so I don't particularly care who's invited to what. It's always been a bad deal imo. Those people don't know what I want. They probably don't know what meeoun wants, or what GoddessSims wants, or MrHawk or anyone that posts here unless they're buddies.
    I don't want them speaking for me or telling EA that "fans want this and that or whatever" that I don't want at all.

and I wouldn't believe anything I read on Twitter by any fan site that only cares what events it gets invited to and probably how much revenue it can make from its page.

Edit to add quote.

I think they're eventually going to get rid of all of them and probably focus on more marketing by the gurus. Twitch, let's plays, live streams, etc. Even if they have to hire more gurus especially for marketing.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2016
    @simgirl1010 , I hope so, because if this little circus is anything to go by, all it does is feed some already over-inflated egos in the community.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

In the past when I had posts deleted it was Drake that brought them back to life. (Not in Ask Guru though) But regardless I don't have an issue with Drake.

Unlike your perspective, I don't see why people would have an issue with her. She squashes speculation threads. If it wasn't for her, I'm sure we'd have posts with people believing Batman was going to be in the next EP. Even with this 'SimsVIP and NZsimmer' issue---at least Drake tried using her position to help NZ out by emailing SimsVIP to blank out their ign. (Despite the fact that it says on EA privacy policy when you make an account that what you post here is not private.)

In all honesty I think some people just want to be mad at someone because their disappointed with where this game is heading. I know I'm upset, I hate being told to be positive over something I paid for. But I'm not going to beat up on the poster child. I wish the actual developers communicated with us...

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2016
    Wow.. people take this really seriously, huh?

When you're angrily bashing away at your keyboard, you need to keep one thing in mind - The Sims is a game. It's really not that important. You either like TS4 or you don't - I am really at a loss as to why this causes so much ill-feeling on this forum or indeed within the wider 'community' (I use that word loosely).

Seriously - read back through this thread. It's a pathetic display. No need for the level of hostility displayed on here tonight. You're making yourselves look stupid.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think SGD has anything to do with who is or isn't part of the group who gets in or out of the "in the know" crowd. That would fall under the marketing department. They would pick and choose who they feel would gain the most attention for the targeted group they wish to advertise their market in. Then in return instruct the CM, in this case SGD, on who to contact.

I too agree that they need to not rely on fans to do the greater majority of the marketing. I learned that one the hard way when I had my business. My experience was they didn't focus on what I was actually doing and just marketing the free paper piecing patterns I had. It didn't take long for people to start complaining that the free paper piecing weren't the patterns of the finished work I sold. I changed my marketing strategy which resulted a profit gain and a better name for my business. It wasn't cheap but it did pay for itself.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

and I wouldn't believe anything I read on Twitter by any fan site that only cares what events it gets invited to and probably how much revenue it can make from its page.

Edit to add quote.

I think they're eventually going to get rid of all of them and probably focus on more marketing by the gurus. Twitch, let's plays, live streams, etc. Even if they have to hire more gurus especially for marketing.
    That is the impression I'm getting too. If anything this event has shown what sports refer to as how many fair weather fans there are. Reminds me of some bad friendships I've had over the years of friends trying to use me for their own benefit. I don't stay friends with them long.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    meeoun wrote: »

In the past when I had posts deleted it was Drake that brought them back to life. (Not in Ask Guru though) But regardless I don't have an issue with Drake.

Unlike your perspective, I don't see why people would have an issue with her. She squashes speculation threads. If it wasn't for her, I'm sure we'd have posts with people believing Batman was going to be in the next EP. Even with this 'SimsVIP and NZsimmer' issue---at least Drake tried using her position to help NZ out by emailing SimsVIP to blank out their ign. (Despite the fact that it says on EA privacy policy when you make an account that what you post here is not private.)

In all honesty I think some people just want to be mad at someone because their disappointed with where this game is heading. I know I'm upset, I hate being told to be positive over something I paid for. But I'm not going to beat up on the poster child. I wish the actual developers communicated with us...

I think that for some you have some truth to the bolded statement. Also to add that no one should tell to feel. You have the right to think and feel how you chose to do. You also have the right to express how you feel. No one should tell that what you feel is wrong o try to correct that. No matter how you look at it, it is in fact abusive and poor attempt to try and control the mind of another human being.

What I feel is the biggest problem on the this forum is that people will express how they feel and if person a feels, differently then person b. Then someone comes along and starts war based on a difference of opinion. Big flipping deal if someone has a different point of view or opinion, they have that right!!! There is no need to start a big huge ordeal about it. Just respectfully to agree to disagree.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    TBH, I totally thought that the leaks were an intentional marketing scheme... I'm still a bit floored to learn that they were actually leaks :sweat_smile:

That is because the ones that turn out to be true and not just rumor or speculation usually are. This isn't a new form of marketing, controlled leaks have been around for decades.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    If anything, this situation shows the Influencers that were a part of the program ruined it for themselves. I doubt either side had a bad thing going for them until all the supposed great and wonderful 'fansites' spewed leaks willfully going against EA. They're not innocent in this, you know. Especially having insider information, previous experience with NDAs, etc. They knew what they were doing and what would happen. None of this blindsided any of them, I guarantee you. :|
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2016

I'm not at all bothered by this. I think EA should drop all of the influencer sites and do more live plays and twitch streams with the Gurus. I would prefer to hear everything straight from them anyway, especially after this debacle. It was a bad marketing scheme to begin with, and it would make me very happy if it came to an end. I remember a time when fan sites were actually all about the fans and the game they loved, and not making money or throwing said fans under the bus. It would be nice if we got back to those authentic roots. (I feel the need to note, there are quite a few old fan sites that are still around and never lost their way. Two of them I always run to for help when my game is acting funny or when I need cheat codes. LOL Thanks for being authentic! <3).

SimGuruDrake isn't a villain, and from what I have seen, the youtubers treat their fan base a lot better than some of the fan sites I've seen flashed across my screen today. People want someone to blame, and since she's the face of the gurus for the community, you're content to use her as your scapegoat. I'm not buying it, or your apples.

What a fabulous quote to come back to :relieved: And I think the influencer sites should be done away with as well. As I've said from the moment I read the articles: this was never about censorship and all about settling a grudge with SGD. Unless EA is flying me out on their dime to demonstrate how awesome new toddler play is, I couldn't care less about their "influencer" system. So why should I get my pants in a knot because X fansite isn't allowed to join in EA's reindeer games?

Let the devs do their job and develop a better game, and then when it's time to promote their quality product, use their official mediums to communicate. Fansites will hype them whether they receive benefits or not. And so will SimsRIP if they want to be relevant when TS5 comes out :smirk:

TBH, I totally thought that the leaks were an intentional marketing scheme... I'm still a bit floored to learn that they were actually leaks :sweat_smile:

Thank You, thank you, thank you for saying it. I have my gripes with SGD and the staff here just like many others, but seeing the schoolyard bullying and spiteful revenge attempting to disguise itself as Social Justice has been sickening.

Not fussed one bit about the Influencer fluff ending. Should have happened years ago.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited September 2016
    I would give my right arm and then some to be such a lucky partner with this franchise. Are you kidding me? Seriously? "Mini vacations" to speak with the devs in person directly? Build personal networks within the industry? Have a real, solid influence in how the game may go in the future? Be a part of the process?

Why anyone would throw that away for the sake of clicks or views is utterly beyond me. They had what amounted to a free ride to heaven itself as far as I'm concerned. They had it made, and they blew it. Some nobody like me could have an instant, built in audience. Work from home. Tour the country. Go to conventions.

I'll never understand why these supposed 'fansites' threw it all away for the leaks. Never. All they had to do was wait a week or two. That's it. You realize that? One, maybe two weeks. None of this would've happened.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    You know when people started to complain about SGD I was honestly wondering when the whole smear campaign was about to begin all while keeping my fingers crossed that it wouldn't. Well it did and I feel that this is all it is a smear campaign fueled by a personal grudge.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    You know, I've been openly critical of Sims 4, and I hope I have been able to articulate why. I've never received a warning, much less a ban. I hope to keep it that way. It's more difficult once you get involved with heated debate, I suppose, but I try not to as getting mad in a gaming forum over a game seems counterproductive.

My only dealings with SimguruDrake have been positive, but I doubt she even knows who I am. But she's been responsive, at least, the few times I've asked her for help. Above and beyond, really.

Similer to me I have also been critical of TS4 and dispite a few run ins I have found the moderation to be fair most of the time.

The way I see it is that if you respect the mods then they will respect you back and I have never seen anyone official here actually disrespect players in a personal way. :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Edit to add quote.

Interesting points.

I myself don't think it is fair to select one group of Simmers as influencers as no one can speak for everyone on here. All players want is a good game that they enjoy and one that works well.

That enjoyment can vary for every player and it is impossible to keep everyone happy as every player is differnt and plays in different ways.

I guess this infulencer program would be trial and error but it wouldn't make any difference o my life whatever the outcome.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    But don't go around throwing shade in my face trying to insult me, because I will throw it right back.

What does throwing shade mean?
  • Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    You know, I've been openly critical of Sims 4, and I hope I have been able to articulate why. I've never received a warning, much less a ban. I hope to keep it that way. It's more difficult once you get involved with heated debate, I suppose, but I try not to as getting mad in a gaming forum over a game seems counterproductive.

My only dealings with SimguruDrake have been positive, but I doubt she even knows who I am. But she's been responsive, at least, the few times I've asked her for help. Above and beyond, really.

Similer to me I have also been critical of TS4 and dispite a few run ins I have found the moderation to be fair most of the time.

The way I see it is that if you respect the mods then they will respect you back and I have never seen anyone official here actually disrespect players in a personal way. :smile:

Same with me. I too have been critical. I have talked about how I feel bout the lack venues, lack of space and how I feel this game is just great big party. Never have I received a warning, been in jail or banned or anything. I do have to admit though that when the patch came with the new gender options I thought I was going to get into some sort of trouble. I admit I wasn't very respectful to those you degrading people who are in fact transgender. Then again what I consider the level of nastiness of my behavior to be didn't ever hold a candle to what I have seen others do.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top