Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Ok some new promotional pictures from me :smile:

Two new characters have been added to the story. They are Rick and Lilly so I have made Sims for them.

14324300_1802789273337090_7502249378020470767_o.jpg

14352355_1802789283337089_1927630978323001267_o.jpg

Amber will be best friends with Carla

14242395_1802789330003751_1124455107774433398_o.jpg

Carla is very woohooty and confident! :smiley:

14258258_1802789346670416_4836164004909552159_o.jpg

Amber is more shy and innocent

14352415_1802789460003738_3556102297505202706_o.jpg

They are two very beautiful girls though

14289804_1802789386670412_6584994475600117495_o.jpg

While I was there I got some more shots from Roaring Heights :smile:

14241467_1802789456670405_6881157847172020430_o.jpg

After three years Roaring Heights is regarded as one of the most popular Store worlds! :smiley:

14305217_1802789486670402_8417242750130687816_o.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    @amethnw Thank you, I haven't actually gotten to mess around with the klepto-trait yet but I'm looking forward to it. Loved the update, I always get party crashers too and they always behave so badly. So many pretty children!

@Springfairy556 Great pics and update, woah I've never seen the Kraken! (IP wrecks my computer)

@mirta000 Thank you, I really do like a lot of the paintings Brio makes - guess insane painters are the best. :wink: Lillian sure does seem adventurous (in one of my sim games before all my characters seemed to insist on swimming everywhere when visiting other countries), the pic at the terracotta army made me remember that.

@plushtrap_107 Nice! Twin dino paintings.

@ccarrig_95 liked the update, my game has taken off like crazy in places too (especially with abductions).

@Karritz thank you for the catch up! I've been enjoying your updates just now I understand a little more. :smiley:

@TadOlson Nice library, enjoyed the update. Good makeovers too.

@carlymichelle nice update and pics

@Rukola_Schaaf Loved the update! I'm looking forward to playing with my IF but normally I take the doll away and throw it in an adult's inventory if I don't want to deal with it. Julia and Bertrand are both aliens with IF's - I bet they'd be friends if they ever met. I thought it was cute of Dora to read that book with him. YAY twins!

@lanlyn Enjoyed the updates, I haven't played a lifeguard sim yet.

@JoAnne65 I know, I spent a long time trying to get them abducted and now I'm like "wait, no, don't go to the lights they...ugh" LOL Great update! And Cameron's face while in class - so good!

@PalmArrow Quite a fortune cookie! Loved the update.

@cwaddell I'm glad things are improving, hopefully everyone else gets power soon. I like the new sim and his great danes! Lovely update.

@LBell Looks like Jackson is having a bit more fun than your simself. Good update.

@CravenLestat Really nice Jeannie.

@Odonata68 oooo, I really like Ashelyn, great update.

@MemoriiValentine I think I would back away from disembodied feet too....LOL enjoyed the update.

I've played a little but haven't really had the time to put together an update, I'm still adjusting to my new job/hours but I've enjoyed lurking all this time. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi Everyone!

I started a new save in Midnight Hollow last week. Spent an entire evening getting the town set up with favorite lots and a few custom rabbitholes. Created a new family in CAS to get the game started. Been playing for a few Sim days. It seemed odd. I couldn't put my finger on it. The time seemed abnormally quite, for lack of a better word. So I decided to check all my settings in Twallan's mods. Sure enough, I had the Enable Story Progression setting set to False. Duh! Changed it to true and voila! The town came alive. And all of the NPC jobs were filled within a day. That should have been a clue, but I missed it. Oh,well.

I'm leaving tomorrow on vacation so I won't be back on the forums for a couple weeks. Take care!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @TadOlson I have the other folder still,I just put a letter at the end so it's called the sims 3O .the O is for original so I know which one is which
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @LBell , the greenhouse is a store venue/set. (If you decide to get it, keep in mind that the glass roof parts are actually just decorations and not a real roof: rain and snow will fall through them and plants will still turn dormant in cold weather unless you build a regular flat roof under them. I found this out the hard way!)
    Don Lothario is a premade in Riverview.

@PalmArrow
    If you do build a regular flat roof, will the plants still grow in the bottom, or do you need soil pots?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Mummyof2 wrote: »
    Hello!

I have downloaded all the Mods for the sims 4, university etc!
    However when my young adult goes to university, - and the lecture day comes up, nothing happens?
    is there something else i need to do?
    she wont watch a lecture, or even do the presentation ...

What do i need to do to solve this?
    Also my sims wont play instruments apart from the piano?
    when iclick on the guitar or violin my sim stands there and opens her arms then closes again?

Please help!!

@Mummyof2
    This is the Sims 3 General Discussion, you need the Sims 4 General Discussion down the hall. :)

I've noticed that this forum is just titled "General Discussion" while the others all have the Sims version in the forum name too. People get confused a lot. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    in my game still not quite Egypt, it takes longer than expected

that complaint made Rolli (me) care for the needed steps to add the genie to the household, since the genie taking care of the todds while the rest four visit Egypt was the original plan
    so, first the freezer, then the oven & as the last step the catacombs, Rolli was thrillingly scared but he worked his way through
    2h6eq1g.jpg
    wk38ck.jpg
    w6yukg.jpg
    after a shower at least he looked normal again & proceeded with the last spell
    eia1za.jpg
    25a2at2.jpg
    295a8og.jpg

e8mknl.jpg

all that out of the way means
    today, now really, Egypt & the search for the rainbow gem :smile:

If my genie was as pretty as her I'd want to make her a member of the family too! :D

I hope Dora doesn't get jealous!
  • Options
    LBell wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know, I will hunt him down and add him to my game!

Found Don! He hasn't been in my game more than 5 mins and he has already made his moves on LBell! What will Jackson think. :o:p

1QggLsE.jpg

Thank you. The skins I use are ESkin Fresh, Tainted 2.0 and Default KB Primer HD Plus. :)

@LBell
    Oh my!! The Laurel Grisby in my game is going to be very jealous of the Don Lothario in your game!!

screenshot_original.jpg

Which skin did you use on Don? And will it conflict with BrntWaffles or SweetFX mods?
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @KevinL5275 , I used the planters that come with the greenhouse set. Underneath them is just soil, not a floor, but I wasn't able to plant directly in the soil when the greenhouse was finished. It's possible, though, that you could plant in the soil first and then build the greenhouse around it - I haven't tried that!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    @plushtrap_107 That's so cute, Elmer rescuing his owner <3 (even when it also seemed to be a case of self-interest :p ) Haha, indeed Cyrus is like a cat himself now with all those lives.
    @android00b7 Beautiful resort and the house and art gallery look like they're from a fairy tale, very pretty!
    @PalmArrow Poor Don;) And oh what a night :p
    @king_of_simcity7 Great video :smiley: Especially the crowded party. And yes, RH indeed is a very pretty world.
    @Odonata68
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Beautiful! I like the medieval atmosphere of your game.
    @MemoriiValentine The skates remind me of an Andersen fairytale, The Red Shoes :D (well, the way the fairy tale is presented in a fantasy-themed amusement park in my country)

(this was high tech when I was young :p ; hope they'll never change it, for nostalgia's sake)
    @lanlyn Oh dear, is Roy jealous o:) ?
    @LBell 's Love Jackson's t-shirt!
    @msbeckycat Lovely cat :)
    @MadIris Wow, better not fool with Lisa :o
    @mirta000 A lot of zombies in your game! Sharing your bed with one wouldn't exactly be my cup of tea...
    @Springfairy556 You've got a chameleon house there ;)
    @TadOlson I like your playing style a lot. You're really building that city.
    @Rukola_Schaaf I have Kurasoberina's Primer skin (default) ;) That's a lot of books around those kids; I like that, perfect education :mrgreen: I really like that hair colour on the genie.
    @wendyyi1 Peculiar spaceship he's got there :p
    @KevinL5275 LOL

What happened in my game today: with the help and advice of @lanlyn and @igazor I added a mother cat and her kittens to my family as roommates. I love the animals in my game, but I don't really like having to control them myself, the Sims 2 approach is more my style in this case. Taking care of them without knowing what they need or want. Leaving them completely to their own devices.

As soon as I had finished the commands in Mastercontroller, they started running from the lot I had put them in, all the way to my household. Cutecutecutecute!!!

Screenshot-810_zpsmr5x7b15.png

Screenshot-811_zpsvjbtlyh9.png

Screenshot-813_zpsotcb8ilo.png

In the meantime, at home, preparations were being made for their arrival.

Screenshot-814_zpsxb3u66uq.png

Their new home is a farm, so there was no time for lounging while waiting: work to be done.

Screenshot-820_zpsk4hpcw5q.png

Screenshot-821_zpsnqbpj884.png

Screenshot-824_zpsl1tq9f3l.png

Mommy was the first one to arrive. She immediately headed for one of the cat toys we had bought.

Screenshot-827_zpskrapwhq1.png

"Mommy! Mommy! We're coming! We're coming!!"

Screenshot-828_zpsv35ysoc9.png

Screenshot-832_zpskrowvbo0.png

Screenshot-835_zpskevxuond.png

(yeah, I recoloured one ^.^)
    And there they are <3 They needed a little help to get inside, because kittens can't climb stairs.

Screenshot-836_zps7lwjjge8.png

They were clearly hungry.

Screenshot-837_zpsrjqrmino.png

They instantly felt at home.

Screenshot-840_zpseppotway.png

Screenshot-841_zpsvybfgu6m.png

Screenshot-848_zps8pv2zfe1.png

Screenshot-846_zpsup2r8nmz.png

Screenshot-850_zpsvovovqoc.png

So far so good :smiley:

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 thanks for the feedback and nice pictures of the farm and the cats :smile:

I actually have plans for a picture of a cat which I will try to share tomorrow. It will be for the back story for one of my best known Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @JoAnne65 , those pictures of the kittens running to their new home are amazingly cute! :heart:
  • Options
    baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    @JoAnne65 I also loved the kittens,so cute! <3
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @JoAnne65 how do you add pets as roommates? That would be perfect!

Also I'm up to reading in the pages of the 300's now! lol. This thread is amazing and huge! I'm also reading everyone's most recent posts so one day I will eventually catch up. I just can't mention you all by name as there are just too many wonderful posts but I really look forward to my coffee breaks these days as I sit down, put my feet up for a few moments and indulge in all your wonderful updates.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @JoAnne65: cute kittens

@TadOlson: great update. I like the makeovers

@lanlyn: great updates

@KevinL5275: great updates

@PalmArrow: great updates

@Karritz: great updates

@all: Thanks for letting me read and comment on your pictures and stories. I'm having a blast playing with my family.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Also I'm up to reading in the pages of the 300's now! lol. This thread is amazing and huge! I'm also reading everyone's most recent posts so one day I will eventually catch up. I just can't mention you all by name as there are just too many wonderful posts but I really look forward to my coffee breaks these days as I sit down, put my feet up for a few moments and indulge in all your wonderful updates.
    The way I did it was click on the cat: Choose NRaas-Master Controller-Intermediate-Add Roommate. But according to igazor it should also be possible to do this by clicking NRaas >> MC > Add Sim and then using MC to set them as not selectable.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

The way I did it was click on the cat: Choose NRaas-Master Controller-Intermediate-Add Roommate. But according to igazor it should also be possible to do this by clicking NRaas >> MC > Add Sim and then using MC to set them as not selectable.

Thank you! Can not wait till I can get to my PC and do this. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I am just loving everyone's updates and pics! <3
    @JoAnne65 Oh my gosh! Kitties! How cute are they? Thank you for the nice comment. I'm a little obsessed with the whole medieval vibe that DV has going on and the fact that "elven folk" fit in so nicely there. That pic you posted was a nuthatch she found. I had her hold it and she put in on her shoulder. I thought only the bigger birds did that. This game is so neat. :D
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited September 2016
    @phoebebebe13 Fabio seems like a decent guy. Nice that he got his US citizenship after all these years.
    @LBell LOL at Wesker being chased by the cop! ...Good looking Don.

@msbeckycat Very cute pics of Misty.
    @MadIris Great drama at the nectary!
    @Odonata68 I didn't know that small birds went on sims' shoulders too.

@mirta000 I think one of my sons was talking about discord servers the other day, where everyone talks all at once? Verbal, not written chat?
    @Rukola_Schaaf Love that winter pic of the snow gnomes and the melting snowman.

@wendyyi1 I had an alien leave my sims' houseboat by a sailboat once in Isla Paradiso.
    @king_of_simscity7 I like your cast of characters. And nice shots of Roaring Heights. I love that world--a combo of beach, city, and countryside.

@JoAnne65 I absolutely adore your momma cat and kittens! What great screenshots. So neat that they're living on a farm. And I can see why you recolored one of the kittens. I have two dogs in Rinn Fada (used to be puppies) that look so much alike, I always have trouble remembering who is who.
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    @lanlyn Thanks for the feedback :smile: I won't need to make any more characters for a while I don't think but I will be writing again tomorrow.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    14352566_182596955483214_5535144345510121687_o.jpg
    A severe thunderstorm came rolling through, produced a tornado in my area(For new player, no there really aren't any tornadoes in the game)

14249958_182597855483124_3732376121833328482_o.jpg
    Did some pretty extensive damage to my home

14258182_182598082149768_2018347508293085963_o.jpg
  • Options
    @Springfairy556 Interesting pictures :smiley: What world are you playing in?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Springfairy556 Interesting pictures :smiley: What world are you playing in?

Alpine County.
    http://thesimscatalog.com/product/alpine-county/
    Runs really nicely and is great for storytelling.
  • Options
    @Springfairy556 Thanks I have not heard of that one before :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new sims. Carla is very pretty!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top