Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Teenagers Great Again!

Comments

• Options
    monet88monet88 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love these ideas. It reminds me of Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Great ideas...though, curfews should be, of course, optional. You know, so we can have strict parents, attentive parents, or "I don't care so long as the cops aren't bringing you home" parents. Also, you should be able to send the parents off somewhere for a specific amount of time so you can have a Wild Teen Party...with a very small random chance that the parents will come home early, kick the kid's friends out, and the Teen will be in trouble. (And, of course, Child siblings should have the option to "Call Mom and Dad and Tattle" on the phone while the party is going on to bring the "You're in Trouble" event about at will... ;) )
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I miss the pimples!!!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I miss the pimples!!!

Same here. I would love to see teens get pimples again.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited September 2016
    pinedasgal wrote: »
    Today my teen sims were discussing neighborhood property values because they didn't have much else to do. Yawn, TS4 teens are essentially the same as adults, but with homework. So I started jotting down concepts of what could make them more youthful, lively and enjoyable. These are just a few of my silly whims-- I'm here because I would love to hear your opinions and fun ideas for teens too!

New Activities:
    • Cheerleading
    • Rock band
    • Skateboarding
    • A sport team (Soccer? Or maybe a new sport made by Sims)
    • Simblr social network. Post thoughts/photo/recent event/relationship/achieved whims to Simblr
    • Video game console

New Events:
    • Prom
    • Sleepover party
    • Science fair project
    • Standardized tests (for chance of scholarship)

New Interactions:
    • Learn to cook with parents
    • Learn to drive with parents (yes in a car, no snark intended)
    • "Tell-off parents" to blow off steam when tense
    • Ask parents for permission to stay out late (answer depends on parent's mood and if teen has completed homework)
    • Sneak out (with a random chance of getting caught)
    • Receive random "Where are you?/Who are you with texts?" from parents with option to lie
    • Hook-up (a more intense make-out, TS2 snog style ;) )

New Popularity System:
    A subtle 3-tier ranking (nothing over-the-top like TS3's celebrity system or social groups). Some sims want popularity through whims.
    • +2 Popular (Popularity gains a positive moodlet and an increase in invitations to hang out.)
    • +1 Semi-popular (there has to be a better name for this lol)
    • 0 No ranking (base, hidden)
    • -1 Invisible (negative popularity from no friends, may have negative moodlet depending on sim's traits/aspirations)
    Sims become more popular by
    • having popular friends, or A LOT of friends
    • being in a popular GT club
    • being involved in cheerleading/a sport/ a band
    • maxing a skill
    • Simblr posts earning a lot of likes
    • by some random, obscure event
    • attending more parties

New Relationships:
    • Have crushes. Sims should get nervous, blush, etc around crush
    • Have role model (an adult sim whom the teen admires, teens has chance of receiving the role-model's traits)

Hormones:
    • Acne
    • Mood swings
    • Random whims to do rebellious activities
    • Braces

Tweaks:
    • Teens (and child sims) go to school wearing a backpack
    • "Make friends" at school increases relationships, not just meeting new sims
    • "Make friends" will not meet child sims at school
    • Remove discuss property values chat
    • Rename first Mess Around to "Experiment"
    • Remove climax-like animation at the end of Mess Around to make it a tad more PG (this probably doesn't bother anyone else, but the thought that my 13-year-old sis's selfsim could be shaking the bed gives me a headache lol)
    • Return of the curfew ((with a random chance of getting caught, chance starts low and increases throughout night)

Ideally, if we had pre-teens some of these would go into this but I don't want to ask for too much considering toddlers=shooting for the moon.

I wanna hear from you though! help me add to the list :D:D:D

Awesome ideas!! Adding more after-school activities that are common for Teens would be great for building after-school clubs. (I already have some but it would be great to have more Teen-y activities to put in these clubs.) Also a big HEAR, HEAR to crushes! I miss that from TS2. It would be neat if they added a relationship type "First Love" too, something that a Sim will always carry with them even if they end up breaking up. Loving the role model suggestion too. Acne and braces would be great!! Now I can't believe they don't have braces.

I'm also a HUGE fan of stopping them meeting Child Sims at school and have them actually build relationships - like in TS3 when you could either make friends or hang out with friends, I believe, and they wouldn't give you the "talk with friends" option until you had already met some people. I don't like how they're lumped together in TS4 - and if you don't have mods, those school relationships are relationship culling fodder since they don't build while you're at school. I mean, I always figure when my Teen meets a Child at school that they're mentoring them or doing one of those things where high schoolers go and help out a reading class in elementary school or something, but it would waste less time if they just skipped to meeting Teens.

Does anyone else feel like Teens are the hardest age group for your Sims to meet? I find it so hard to get my Teens to meet other Teens. Clubs has helped with that, but having more Teen-only activities would go a long way to helping with this.
  • Options
    pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like Teens are the hardest age group for your Sims to meet? I find it so hard to get my Teens to meet other Teens. Clubs has helped with that, but having more Teen-only activities would go a long way to helping with this.
    '

Yes definitely, probably because there are no teen-specific venues. Maybe we need a community center? Or an Arcade (like Dave & Busters)? Amusement park? Movie theater?
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    '

Yes definitely, probably because there are no teen-specific venues. Maybe we need a community center? Or an Arcade (like Dave & Busters)? Amusement park? Movie theater?

I'd like more venues too, especially an arcade (with smaller retro arcade machines rather than that giant GT one!). It makes sense that they'd be set up to attract teens, but I'd like them to be available for all Sims to visit if I want them to.
  • Options
    '

I'd like more venues too, especially an arcade (with smaller retro arcade machines rather than that giant GT one!). It makes sense that they'd be set up to attract teens, but I'd like them to be available for all Sims to visit if I want them to.

It would be amazing if we could customize what ages we want to come to our lots - we talked about this in my Manage Neighbourhood Options thread in the Ideas Corner.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really want acne in the sims :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    UnaUna Posts: 526 Member
    What gymnastics and wrestling? Something that most teenagers do as well as children.
  • Options
    UnaUna Posts: 526 Member
    Una wrote: »
    What gymnastics and wrestling? Something that most teenagers do as well as children.

*What about*
  • Options
    PdrHnrqPlay1PdrHnrqPlay1 Posts: 92 Member
    I thought interesting. I think the producers of the game should update this age group. No need to add a new, as preteens, just change the current teens to be as such.
    Another thing I would very much like to come back in the game is the pie "play". I know that has nothing to do with the thread, but it would be nice to see the kids play for real!
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
  • Options
    Time_Aria11Time_Aria11 Posts: 80 Member
    I do miss the long list of activities I could have my teen kept busy with...
    QCO9Nyv.gif
    I love everyone, Let me love you dearest humans!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Most? Not where I'm from. Those sports are as rare as hens teeth downunder. :p

Most teens here swim or do athletics... our usual olympic medal tally indicates what we do most in school
    HA! Sums up Oz pretty well, run from the land animals that will kill you, swim from the sea animals that will kill you. No wonder we're so speedy on both land and in the water.
    Rotflmao
    High jump = 'Ahhhh! a spider'
    Long jump = leap ooooover the snake
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options

I'd love gymnastics! I'd like it for all age groups. My children do gymnastics here, and the club also runs adult classes. *is tempted*

Wrestling isn't as common here, but a lot of kids do karate and other martial arts. Both of those would be interesting.

My personal teen hobby wish would be to have a graffiti skill back. Starting with basic tags and mischief making, but progressing to actual artwork that is commissioned. So the rebellious teen might grow up to be a reputable graffiti artist. Like Kelzo or Banksy: http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/manchester/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8681000/8681328.stm
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    My personal teen hobby wish would be to have a graffiti skill back. Starting with basic tags and mischief making, but progressing to actual artwork that is commissioned. So the rebellious teen might grow up to be a reputable graffiti artist.
    oooooooh good idea!

Teens also need a 'tell tall tales' interaction, and a 'gush over celeb' one too, for when teens who exagerate, and those who have a celeb crush. The first can be believed by peers and children, but disbelieved by anyone older. And the celeb one could bore all parents to sleep, but hype up peers with the same crush.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is GREAT!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I really want acne in the sims :)

YES! It would work with the Emotions system by giving an Embarrassed buff.

It would be interesting to add a new Trait - Self-Conscious! Or Vain. Or they could add a random moodlet for all Teens (except those who are Self-Assured) about general teenage self-consciousness.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    These things all fit on a generation EP but the new interactions are good for the base game!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    They could get a notification of a planned school trip and if you accept they then go away for a few simdays (weekend?) and come back after, possibly with a random moodlet. Made a friend? Got another enemy? Learned a new skill? Practiced the guitar? etc

Simple but adds some depth :blush:

I'd love if boarding school ever makes a return, although I guess that one is for kids as well. I really liked the private school in TS2 even if I rarely bothered going for it I think it'd be cool in TS4.

Imagine if your straight A's child go to private school, the more laid back kid hangs out with their pals in community school and the rebel and/ or try hard goes to boarding school :smiley:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    '

It would be amazing if we could customize what ages we want to come to our lots - we talked about this in my Manage Neighbourhood Options thread in the Ideas Corner.

Sorry, I must have missed this earlier. I love the idea in your thread!
  • Options
    '

Sorry, I must have missed this earlier. I love the idea in your thread!

That's okay, thanks very much! :) The more of us autonomously come up with these ideas, the more it shows how the community would like a feature. :D
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    This would make a great addition to a Generations-like Expansion! It's one of my favorite Expansions in the series! :heart:

I'd rather see a lot of this patched in so people aren't forced to buy a pack for better teens. Maybe some of the extras like proms or the popularity system could be part of Generations (or maybe a Teen Life Game Pack even).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    '

Maybe be able to manage depending on time of day? I get really bummed when I see random kids at the playground or walking by the house when they're supposed to be in school (I assume they're home-schooled by really lax parents). Other venues will attract Sims depending on time of day -- nightclubs and lounges are empty during the day, but pick up at night; the library empties out right at 9pm. If ages could be included, maybe no kids at the park or arcade until 3pm (player controlled Sims wouldn't be included, I'm just talking about the ones the game sends to the lots), arcade could be reserved for children from 3 to 6pm and for teens from 6-10pm.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    '

Maybe be able to manage depending on time of day? I get really bummed when I see random kids at the playground or walking by the house when they're supposed to be in school (I assume they're home-schooled by really lax parents). Other venues will attract Sims depending on time of day -- nightclubs and lounges are empty during the day, but pick up at night; the library empties out right at 9pm. If ages could be included, maybe no kids at the park or arcade until 3pm (player controlled Sims wouldn't be included, I'm just talking about the ones the game sends to the lots), arcade could be reserved for children from 3 to 6pm and for teens from 6-10pm.

Very smart! And just like real life, too! But then that interferes if the child wanted to have a fun day with their older sibling or parent.