Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @TadOlson Great update! :D

@venusdemilosims Great update on the wedding and on Kaydence! :D It's good that you always start with flashbacks and a reacap' of their history, for new readers to get a hang on the drama!

@Silverofdreams30 Cool pics' of your sims life surrounded by animals! I especially love the horse pics'! :D

@Zabeth0 I like the way you've depicted Zelda's fright of the bars, how she even hsitated to free the teen vampire because she might not be able to control herself. She's reallyyoung herself, and very powerful. It was a good idea to destoy the beds first, but maybe she should come back when her powers aren't used... Who is the poor statue? Why was it important enough to torture? I guess we'll know later on. :/ And Tristan definitely ow Zelda now... B)

Great that you'll send them on a honey moon! Can't wait to see them both relaxed... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @tesarily Nothing stops you from creating your own thread. But if it's only to keep track of your own gameplay, maybe you should post on the stories and legacies thread...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited August 2016
    @jillbg Thanks! Yeah, since people come and go in this thread, I try to keep them abreast on the drama :lol: Keeps me from having to explain who is who in mid stream ;)

I'm posting this in parts since it's a lot... I don't know how long it will take me to post it all.

T4VouBm.jpg

Screenshot-3108_zpsswzmvif9.jpg

The bride's chosen maid of honor, her sister Satis, arrived before everyone else.

Screenshot-3120_zpsexz2bbnk.jpg

As Sage looked outside, she saw her brother, Imsety, despite his grievances with the family, had come. But there were two people missing - Sierra and AJ. Where were they?

Screenshot-49_zpsnnqzlmpt.jpg

Kaydence showed up, too, along with her father - Sage's uncle Sebastian - and his soon-to-be ex-wife Cherise. Cherise was there because she had become good friends with Savannah, mostly. Kaydence was back briefly from her studies in technology at Sims University. (She already has a fine arts degree but you get the sense that she's much more 'invested' in her tech studies)

Screenshot-38_zpsvjj3toyd.jpg

Baby brother Sawyer was there, too... that was him gazing out at the setting sun. He couldn't wait fast enough to officially 'participate' in the family.

Screenshot-3117_zpsxpnrfiia.jpg

Before the ceremony, the bride's younger sister, Skylar, entertained the audience with a rousing ditty. Sage had asked her to sing.

Screenshot-44_zps3ujxwmhg.jpg

Finally, it was time. The couple had written their own vows.

Screenshot-63_zpsj9kft0pt.jpg

Befitting the bohemians they are, they each wed sans shoes.

Screenshot-3109_zpsz7csffxb.jpg

Any doubt about Sierra showing up for the party was answered fairly soon near the start of the wedding. The bride's eccentric younger sister showed up to the wedding, plumbot tattoo and all. And only a few people at the ceremony knew just where she'd been.

Even Sierra wasn't revealing just how she'd gotten home.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    rachcook1991rachcook1991 Posts: 157 Member
    @venusdemilosims such a beautiful wedding
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @venusdemilosims -I found them useful on community lots for hungry sims wouthout cooking skill.Great update!
    @jillbg -Thanks for the comment.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-1621.
    I had to buy a new computer at the market in Deery Meadows after one of the old ones on that lot broke and started refusing to show all of the menu interactions.
    28628510842_1a6e9991a5_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    nl5qht.jpg

Rafael: At some point, the smooth, velvety oblivion he'd been wrapped in made way to an uneasy, choppy dream.

2v2ieit.jpg

Rafael: It was mostly a memory, but even while he was dreaming, he could feel jarring wrongness. In reality, it had happened mid summer; he'd been eight years old, his family had gone to the Volga river for an evening of picnicking and swimming...and it had been a warm day, perfect for swimming...but in the dream, he shuddered from icy cold. In reality, he hadn't realized he was in trouble until he was pulled under; he hadn't realized he was out of sight of the others, he'd been pretending he was exploring some alien world under the surface of the water. In the nightmare, he knew that he was going to drown. He couldn't stop it. He'd had this drowning nightmare several times in the last few years...most of the time his father wasn't there to pull him out in the nightmare version of events. When he thought about it, usually right after waking up, he'd wonder if he hated his father so much that drowning in the dream was preferable to having him show up or if part of him really wished he'd died then so he never went through all of the rest of it. Though perhaps it was a subconscious reminder that there was no one there to save him.

xn6zvo.jpg

Rafael: After he'd been pulled under, and after he gasped for air and breathed water instead, after he'd finally stopped struggling- settling at the bottom of the river like a leaf, the blackness closing in and after the water chilled his insides more than the summer warmed water ever had...he didn't wake up. This time, he was pulled out, just like he had been in real life, and dragged to the river bank where he choked out water on the ground, with his father breathing air back into him. After that, it lined up...except the glacial cold...he shivered. Apparently his brain decided that he was too familiar with the nightmare and it had to make it worse!

Nikita: "You are not a fish, Rafya, you shouldn't breathe water. It's bad for you. And your mother, oh, she would kill me! Oh, and your grandmother, oh, I'd go down to the grave hearing about how I let my son run off with the fish! And your big brother, he'd be so bored without you around to entertain him! And your little sister, what kind of example would you give her, doing such a thing? It is not a thing to do." His father teased, but Rafael suspected a giddiness born of relief that he'd started breathing again. At the time, Rafael had been happy he was not in trouble, though he thought about it, and he had been in trouble for being off by himself, just not by his father, and he was very glad his father had been paying attention! "But you're going to have to get back in the water for me, Nikitich. Can't have you afraid of water like Kostya! He's so good at being a policeman, but he'd rather face guns and bombs than walk near a river! Come back to the water, and show us both that you are not afraid."

jaytmr.jpg

Rafael: He woke shuddering...gasping for breath like he'd actually been drowning. His heart beat like a struggling fish fighting to not be pulled from the water. It beat fast in a struggle, then stopped, then beat fast again. His lungs burned with icy cold. Had he collapsed in the snow? He couldn't see, his vision was just blackness with little pulsing red spots, like snowflakes made of plasma, or was that the inside of his eyes plasma vessels? But he was too busy trying to catch his breath to think too much about that! Surely his heart couldn't actually be stopping and restarting...?

Female voice: "No, no, let me get you back on the couch, no, don't try to get back up!"

Rafael: "<What?>" Who was that? His mother? No, that wasn't even in Russian. Was it Spanish? French? Wait, wasn't his mother dead? Was he sick? Why couldn't he catch his breath? Was he dying? Where was he? Was he in Paris? What was happening?

15i9b8n.jpg

Rafael: The last thing he heard before he slept again was his own sigh of relief as the darkness closed over him and quenched the confusion.

118oa4y.jpg

Rafael: He woke again, sometime later. He was still shaking, but at least it wasn't the full shuddering it had been. He could breathe; his breath still came in gasps but they were more regular now. It felt so good to breathe! And his heart was beating...still hard, like he'd been running for hours, but beating in an actual pattern, not like it was some separate animal, struggling inside him! He was covered in cold sweat. Perhaps the cold sweat and the struggle to breathe had instigated the nightmare this time. Wait...he was breathing? He had a heartbeat? Vampires didn't breathe. Surely that had just been a dream. Vampires weren't real. But when he could see more than just a few blurs of green and pink, his eyes locked on Deedee and he remembered everything. Witches were real...vampires were real. He'd been a vampire...and now he wasn't. And he was here, desperately trying to control his breathing and shaking, but he couldn't. Where was Zelda? Had something happened to her while he'd been out? He tried to pick himself up, but his balance was doing worse than his breathing.

s2zo86.jpg

Deedee: "Welcome back. No, don't try to get up, you're not even breathing easily yet! Just rest, Rafael, you're safe! It's okay, just try to relax. Being cured doesn't usually take so long, you're having a terrible time of it. I've cured vampires that were vampires for centuries who didn't have this much trouble coming back. You almost died. Twice! Give your body some time to recover. Please."

Rafael: "Where's Zelda?" Did she leave the house? Did she remember her death flower before she left? Did she go after Lavinia, in the cursed house...he'd never mentioned the trap on the door! What if it'd hurt her? He really hoped she'd just gone up stairs for something and hadn't charged off into danger!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @venusdemilosims Thanks, great updates of the wedding once again
    I love your photo edits .

@jillbg Thanks those pets is a full hand to work with hahaha, but its fun doing something
    diferent great update earlier.

@TadOlson Great update

@Zabeth0 Great update as usual.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Zabeth0 Wow a flashback/dream to Rafael as a child with his dad! Although, those drowning dreams are definitely troublesome, to say the least. Glad Deedee cured him of vampirism, didn't seem like he was taking to it well, lol.

@rachcook1991 and @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comments :)

@TadOlson Thanks for the tip! :)

We had big storms earlier this morning, knocked out power for two and a half hours. So without further ado, here's a little more of Sage and Kyle's wedding.

Screenshot-3110_zpslx2adiwl.jpg

"Let's do this," Kyle whispered as the setting sun gave way to the stars of the nighttime sky. Sage agreed.

Screenshot-3111_zpskgyap9tx.jpg

Ladies first!

Screenshot-3112_zpsjpqabrqs.jpg

Kyle followed, with his own nugget diamond. Sage had hand-made both of the rings.

Screenshot-3122_zps6pko7dw4.jpg

While Andy cheered, Duane the housekeeper couldn't resist shedding a few tears.

Screenshot-3116_zps0znsrrzx.jpg

The couple was pronounced Mr. and Mrs. Heilman.

Screenshot-59_zpsmkc6s3jt.jpg

Savannah, the bride's mother, stood and cheered. Her dress was in a fabric similar to that of her daughter. There would be no wedding day drama as there had been at her own ceremony.

78aafaa7-5744-4ed9-a4cf-d2acd110ee2e_zpsapgy7oe1.jpg

As the couple reached for their first kiss, a few raindrops began to fall.

Screenshot-58_zpsjxjpsovw.jpg

The bride could not have been happier to feel the raindrops across her skin.

Screenshot-53_zps8mwvbbua.jpg

The bride's cousin, Kaydence, wasn't minding the rain much either. In her first 'appearance' since announcing she was leaving the hit TV show "As the Sims Turn," she was a picture of contentment.

Screenshot-55_zpsfj3ttaf3.jpg

But the bride's uncle and Kaydence's father, Sebastian, buried his tears in his hands. He had mixed emotions on this day. Obviously he was thrilled for his niece, but at the same time wistful that his own marriage was ending.

Screenshot-57_zps8zq5mqjo.jpg

The famed lighthouse in the distance glistened in the night as the couple took their first embrace as husband and wife.

Screenshot-47_zpskajpiinx.jpg

Skylar couldn't help shedding tears of her own.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @venusdemilosims aww what a lovely wedding great update.

Here is a new one, had some more screens saved.

[img][/img]Screenshot-40_zpswrpvader.jpg

when Eve came back from the training
    with Thunder she went to spend some time with Misty, having many animals
    certainly took alot of time.

[img][/img]Screenshot-41_zpsguto7yt9.jpg

Inside Socks had decided it was good to sleep on the table.

[img][/img]Screenshot-37_zpsrjewpqlr.jpg

Bogey missed her so he had jumped up on her bed.

[img][/img]Screenshot-28_zpsmlakig4g.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-29_zpshfd3lkvm.jpg

I sent Eve out a bit later in the night, she dicovered a beautiful unicorn, she went to greet it, she could
    not have room for more aimals now but she wanted to meet this beautiful horse, she didn ot had much time before it
    just suddenly disappeared though.

[img][/img]Screenshot-32_zpsl1qtaoii.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-33_zpsfgqkplds.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-34_zpsecupkxbs.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-35_zpsujfmhebo.jpg

Next day she took a day off from the animals to have some fun at the festival,
    with other sims she needs to have human friends to.

Thats all for now.

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Having pets takes too much time... I always make their needs static with SP! :)

@venusdemilosims Such a lovely evening wedding! Love the bohemian touch! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    rachcook1991rachcook1991 Posts: 157 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 all your animals are adorable :) and looks like you had alot of fun at the showgrounds
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Venus: Yeah, you're making sense! :D I could definitely see her doing some sort of Sci Fi show (Sim Trek! or Star Weirs or Simylon Five!) or even a special science program like "Cosmos" for inspiring future scientists! ;) Or maybe some documentaries... :D Being that her father's most famous role was as a mad scientist (if I remember correctly), it's probably quite funny. :D And isn't she going to help her mother with stuff too? There are so many things she can do... she can't have a soap opera putting her in the hospital all the time! ;)

I'm glad Savannah seems proud of Sage. :D Yeah, that is an exclusive guest list. :D Sage seems to be enjoying the view. :D Lol @ Savannah being a basically bottomless pit of cash! Well, it could have been more expensive with a bigger guest list! Though perhaps some expense was used in keeping it exclusive, with security that stayed out of sight. ;) Good detail about Andy growing up in an orphanage, it makes sense that he'd be so family oriented to quit his job as an athlete to raise the kids if he'd grown up without parents and wanted to make sure his kids had better than he did. :D Well, hey, it might have been a surprising fire...but Kyle got to rescue everyone with his mad skills! ;) I'm impressed he put it out on his own! :D

That's a lovely invite... I like how you worked in the vines and flowers and hummingbirds but they are subdued and elegant. :D I wonder if Cherise will keep in touch with the family despite the divorce... :D Lol @ waiting fast enough. ;) I love how the lighthouse is visible in the starry evening there. :D<3 the bare feet in the grass detail...that fits them so well! :D Lol @ Sierra's plumbot tattoo- that's very Sierra! :D

Yeah, you got to see Rafael's dad, Nikita. ;) Yeah, but then, who likes nightmares? ;) Well, even if he would have been happy to have the power afforded to him as a vampire...while no longer being a subordinate to the sadist... Zelda really can't handle it right now, so he really did need to be cured. :D

Oh, wonderful angle, getting the lighthouse between them like that! :D The lighthouse is pointing to Kyle in one and Sage in the next! :D That's great! :D It's funny, other couples would consider rain to have 'ruined' their wedding, and Sage is so happy! :D (Sage and Klye: "I'm wedding in the rain, I'm wedding in the rain, what a wonderful feeling!") ;) It seems to be giving more family members permission to cry. (Sebastian: "Nope, I'm not crying, the rain just climbed up my face and kicked me in the eyes...it's a bad angle...that's all!") (Skylar: "My big sister is going to move away while I'm stuck at art school! I'm never going to see her again!") Kaydence sure looks happy! (Kaydence: "Hopefully this is what happily ever after looks like!") This is a wonderful wedding update! ;)

@TadOlson: Well, it's good to have food so sims can stay and play there longer! :D (And not have to cook their fish lol)

That does sound like a pain!

@Silver: Thanks! :D That's a lovely sky picture with the mountains and the two colors of trees. It looks like they both had a great time riding. :D

Thanks. :D

Lol @ Socks flopped out and sleeping on the table like that! (Bogey: The bed smells like her!) Looks like Eve had fun at the festival, learning how to skate and picking flowers...did she take place in the eating contest with the cowgirl? ;)

@Jillbg: Ah, but you as readers know something that Zelda doesn't. ;) Granny told Beatrice that even when she's put in a statue it's not 'for all of time' as it's rumored to be...only until the statue erodes- so the question isn't who she was trying to torture, it's who Lavinia was trying to rescue. ;) Yeah, and this is a good time for it. :D

• Options
    @Zabeth0 I guess I got too caught up in evil Lavinia torturing! So who could she be trying to save??? Gaah... Suspense is killing me! :s
    That was a good description of drowning - marrying Raphael's relationship with his father and the oppressing sensation of being suffocated was brilliant! :o And his first concern was about Zelda... <3
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Zabeth0 Yep Sebastian's most famous role was as a mad scientist in the movie version of Zombies? Zombies! Usually actors don't take roles unless they're interested in them. So on some level he had to have had some interest in the subject matter...
    What's fascinating is that the acting careers of both Kaydence and her father, Sebastian, are taking similar trajectories. Indeed, Savannah (that impartial observer, ha!) observed their similarities once. She loves her brother dearly but she's angry that he squandered his gifts, both financial and otherwise. The only major acting credit so far on Kaydence's resume is ATST, however. She, of course, is more interested in writing and science than acting.
    Kaydence did help Madison backstage at one concert, so, there's that. I do think that on some level she felt creatively stifled by the soap opera. Although there are things she could have done to 'spice up' the soap opera, bring it to her standards, put her stamp on it, since it wasn't 'hers' technically she was limited by that. As it is she's going to tape her last scenes there soon.
    I could definitely see her doing documentary TV work and/or a science themed show playing a scientist (or an alien).
    When Kaydence came to Sunset Valley she definitely saw a 'different' life than what she was used to, for sure. She hadn't spent much time with her dad's family. She'd only met her aunt Savannah once, and she'd never met her cousins.
    Not sure about Cherise, we'll see how that goes.
    Sage is pretty much Sage tho, it's a light shower and she's actually enjoying it instead of letting it ruin her wedding. I do think those kids are going to be loaded, she's a carrier of Savannah's hidden trait of Can Apprehend Burglar and with Kyle being a firefighter... can you imagine those Burglar Pyro kids... geez... for a pair of bohemians, they might be raising a house of criminals...
    Lol yeah Sebastian would be image conscious in case a rogue pap caught him with his face buried in his hands. Skylar has a lot of growing to do. Even though she is technically older than Kaydence, Kaydence of course seems much more mature. She's been in that steady relationship for quite awhile, she's been to college, she's had a job...

@jillbg Thanks!

Screenshot-3119_zpsrwmkocnj.jpg

After they were pronounced Mr. and Mrs. Heilman,

Screenshot-3124_zpsdaofenxf.jpg

Kyle and Sage moved to the table where the wedding cake was. Kyle walked over and decided to cut the cake himself after a brief speech.

Screenshot-3125_zpszc7jamki.jpg

Sage decided to get her piece of cake and eat it with Satis, her maid of honor. "So," Satis said, "you never finished telling me the story of how you found the house trashed after Skylar threw that party."

Screenshot-2600_zpsuxt0yyux.jpg

Sage explained that she showed to the house at the same time the police did.

Screenshot-3126_zps6ajaves1.jpg

"The house was completely trashed. So I took my time and cleaned up the house with Skylar and her friends."

Screenshot-3127_zpstz1sqvx8.jpg

Meanwhile, inside the mansion, Terry, Kaydence's boyfriend, finally met her cousin, Sierra.

Screenshot-3128_zpszytswr94.jpg

He was so psyched to meet her that he asked for her autograph.

Screenshot-3129_zpsxwnusivv.jpg

She obliged and signed for him.

Screenshot-3130_zpsxuzzz7ld.jpg

Meanwhile, why is the bride doing all the cleaning?

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Zabeth0 -Great update!It's great to see a flashback to his childhood.I wanted them to be able to eat without having to get home to eat.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @venusdemilosims -Great update!Sage looks like she loves to clean things up.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Winter Outtakes.
    Their workshifts got suspended for the season with Master Controller.
    28649913902_69bed00e91_c.jpg
    They're fishing at the pool during their work hours.
    28755024545_1db82f1cf5_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims Yes, why is she? Cleaning I mean? Didn't her mom pay for both security and service? Or maybe it's a game - have the bride and some maids run with plates or something... :D Love the picture ofTerry when he gets the autoograph. It's great Sierra could come, but did AJ and Alexandra show up or not? I don't think I saw them... Nice touch of Sage to eat the cake with her sister! I remember my own wedding - It seems I didn't have have the time to eat at all, I just circulated, working the room so to say, and was too excited to swallow much...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @TadOlson Cool to see them fish at the pool! :) I can see why you suspend work during winter - in those times the dark winter months were spent repairing and making new tools, spinning and weaving...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg is there a way to set only the animals health static? I do
    not want everyones health to be static cause then the game gets quite boring to me,
    thank you.

@venusdemilosims Great update

@rachcook1991 thank you

@TadOlson Great update.

• Options
    @jillbg Yeah, really, lol, I would like to know that myself. I saw her picking up the plates. You'll see in a later update what happened with AJ and Alexandra...
    @TadOlson Lol at them fishing at the pool. I saw that in my game exactly once before. I suppose Sage does like to clean although she doesn't have the Neat trait.

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 If you play with Nraas Story Progression it's possible to tune it for the whole town, the household or the individual - "human" or pet. I'll check next time I get in game so I can explain the settings to you. :)

@venusdemilosims I guess it's because Sage is such a kind and helpful person. Can't wait to read about AJ and Alexandra! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 The contest had already started with that single sim alone lol thank you,

@jillbg thanks let me know when you can.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @Silverofdreams30 If you want to set only your household's pets needs static:

Go into town mod Map View -Click on the green symbol of your household -> Nraas -> Story Progression -> Household Options -> Static Motive. Just choose which need you want to make static: Destruction, Social etc... You can also click on each animal...
    Post edited by jillbg on
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg Thanks that works.

Here is another update

[img][/img]Screenshot-22_zpsexsxpofj.jpg

First another lovely scenery photo love the mods lol.

[img][/img]Screenshot-6_zps4ym9hqe4.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-5_zpsuxs87aei.jpg

Eve let Thudner and Misty out in the morning.

[img][/img]Screenshot-8_zpsegt62fwi.jpg

Bogey entertained himself for a while

[img][/img]Screenshot-12_zpshg6ooyer.jpg

On the evening I sent her out to a club to meet some people.
    shes looking around like " whoa is there a place like this"? lol.

[img][/img]Screenshot-17_zpscvegl3dq.jpg

she played pool and talked to people.

[img][/img]Screenshot-18_zpslmx4kw0g.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-19_zpsikdjmxk7.jpg

Sent Thudner and Misty out on an adventure which they enjoyed.

[img][/img]Screenshot-7_zpsl4tfkcow.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-10_zpstfffm0qp.jpg

Thunder having some lazy time in afternoon

[img][/img]Screenshot-11_zpssxez73aw.jpg

Bogey beeing Bogey lol

that is all for now.

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Lovely picture of the horse peeking around the corner! <3
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Aww your horsey pix are so cute. Lol she's so used to being around animals, people are strange to her :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top