Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    @tesarily Welcome to the thread! The pace of the 'What Happened in Your Game Today' thread is the reason I stopped posting in it lol. That plus my desktop broke down, I started a new job, and my house underwent remodeling.
    Anyway, if you want to play catchup with my main family, the Jolina-Plumbs, named so because they are descended from Jamie Jolina from Sunset Valley, here's a link: http://jpfamarchives.blogspot.com

@lanlyn Going through with the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on the desktop. Laptop came with Windows 10. Work laptop was upgraded from 8.1.

@Zabeth0 Yeah, Kaydence's social skills have left a lot to be desired, and her people skills are lacking, even though she has plenty of charisma inherited from both sides. She has trust issues left over from her upbringing, too. It took her awhile to warm up to Terry. So Jana stands a mighty poor chance, try as she may.
    As for Savannah, she obviously has mixed feelings as she sees her daughter in the wedding dress.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    rachcook1991rachcook1991 Posts: 157 Member

@Silverofdreams30 oops sorry you are right that comment was ment for @Zabeth0
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi Wednesday Week Four is up for Love: The Lindsey Legacy Generation Two will be a long one. Col is still a baby
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @earthgirl -Hi there!Great update!
    @rachcook1991 -Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @msbeckycat -I play long lives with my sims.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Late Fall-1621.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up and getting ready for the day on that final fall morning.
    28610103236_8d7bbea937.jpg
    They both worked on paintings as it was pouring rain outside after chores.
    28610097986_fbbf788bab.jpg
    Eli started working on a story on her computer while Ami was still painting.
    28642506045_f8365293f1.jpg
    They both got ready for work over the afternoon and left at 3PM.
    28642498065_cc92a7a7c1.jpg
    They got home at 7:30 and got into bed by 8PM after work.
    28642493225_29ca689c6c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    @rachcook1991 @TadOlson Thank you!!!

Z00my got his AI Angler trait chip and is now happily fishing.
    FTVkaPG.jpg
    W5CuXOG.jpg

My gnome family had a new baby gnome.
    p3G4vcS.jpg

My sim decided to do some naked gardening in the rain.
    Well... that's one way to not get your clothes wet. o.o
    qenoI4K.jpg

I also went and got a stylist makeover after that.
    i0AwLbA.jpg
    FdHNvRS.jpg

Just ready for Mario's birthday!
    LVsDbdr.jpg
    2ZpS9uH.jpg

He grew up and I'm back to my work...
    x51jBzK.jpg

Since Mario was raised by a plumbot, he decided to act like one from now on.
    He probably thinks he is one himself.
    bnx4i6J.jpg
    3jDl8Jc.jpg

Confused kid is confused...
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    @earthgirl Mario makes a great plumbot haha!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @rachcook1991 hehe no worries happens sometimes.

@TadOlson great update

@earthgirl Great update

I tried a new world in sims 3 yesterday westerberg I think the name was Will test it some more looks cool so far.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @TadOlson: I play on epic to get their lifetime wishes done
  • Options
    @earthgirl -Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @msbeckycat -I use lifespans that aren't supported by the game sliders in the options.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Winter-1621.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up and ready for the day early though they got the first snow of the winter.
    28358029120_24cb672e3f.jpg
    Ami went searching the galaxy with the telescope while Eli did chores.
    28358024430_827a2b74de.jpg
    They started painting after Eli cashed in the money bags she'd harvested from the money tree.
    28358018070_65e34ea7f3.jpg
    They both took a break to eat lunch late and went back to work.
    28358012110_8fc8b89c87.jpg
    Eli was doing laundry and had to repair the washing machine.
    28642480085_5ba463c9f9.jpg
    28642477135_3e6aa0fb13.jpg
    Ami got into bed while Eli played an online social game on the iPad.
    28642472985_fbd72fd4af.jpg
    They were both in bed by 8PM.
    28642468685_f97c843509.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson Great update
  • Options
    @rachcook1991 Welcome to the thread! Haha Mario looks good as a plumbot!
    @TadOlson That's a nice money tree haul lol!

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Jillbg: You know, I wasn't going to send them away for their honeymoon, but you make a compelling argument. ;) Sunlit Tides it is! :D (In a bit, after I do a fair bit of set up work...and I still have story line stuff to do, it'd be weird to go straight from here to there...but if you hang in here with me, for just a little more awkwardness... you'll see them- the sims who have been trapped in perpetual winter for two years of my game time...in beautiful Sunlit Tides!) (Zelda did have a good memory of being on the beach in Florida with her family, so there are hints she likes the tropical places, even in her house, so it's not out of character for her to want to go somewhere warm and sunny and comforting with a beach...and she'll want to be as far from vampires as possible...) So, thank you for asking! :D

@Ianlyn: Thank you. :D I'm sure they will. ;) Yes, Zelda's recently found out that she 'should' have been human. :) Thanks. :D Granny's main strength is that she's the best witch at telling the future...so she is often prepared for things no one else sees coming. :D

I hope you get your game time soon! :D I know how family drama can be. It's nice to have 'healthy escapism!' ;)

@TadOlson: That's cool, how you can tell the game to disallow certain hair styles for random. :D Those look like good sized paintings. :D Well, hopefully he had fun looking through the galaxy on a snowy morning. :D I bet she needed that social game online after having to fight with the washing machine! ;)

@earthgirl: Z00my has a very interesting pattern- reminds me of a puffer fish. :D You look so worried! ;) Nice makeover. :D Very bright colors. :D Looks like Mario is going to be a fun kid, divided between sim and plum bot urges lol. :D Poor confused kid being confused. ;) Cute petting the turtle though. :D (Mario: "Analyzing shell! Turtle health at 88%!")

@Rachcook: Thanks! :D Their expressions when they teach teen sims to drive are priceless! :D

@Silver: Thanks. :D

• Options
    tesarilytesarily Posts: 56 Member
    Thank you all for the warm welcome :blush: I just hit member status (or will very soon, once my account updates) and I'm really looking forward to sharing my new family. I've been digging pokemon go lately, and really love the team leaders -- I also just got Island Paradise for the first time, and needed a family to test out some imported lots to Sunlit Tides. So, now I have a houseboat full of pokemon trainers Blanche, Candela, and Spark. They are quickly becoming my favorite sims!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    With the migration to Windows 10 complete, I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress. :lol: This week continues to be ridiculously busy. The demands for my new job continue to increase.

I'm hoping to try to tie up some loose ends with this all-over-the-place update.

hxSpB8S.jpg

Kaydence Jolina-Plumb officially announced her departure from her hit TV show "As the Sims Turn" in a wide-ranging interview with SimPeople magazine, which recently hit the stands. In her goodbye letter, she profusely thanked the producers for the 'remarkable opportunity,' and wished everyone on the staff well in their endeavors.

QsWf1Le.jpg

In retrospect, Kaydence leaving wasn't much of a surprise. After all, she'd just won the best supporting actress award at the Golden Simmys for her role as Alexa Barstow on the show, and was receiving more attention and fanfare than the lead actress, Alanna Starr Stanley, the daughter of the show's executive producer, Alan Stanley.

0TouSA9.jpg

It was also no secret that Kaydence and her co-star did not have the best relationship, either on or off screen. Even though they were the same age and were daughters of show business, they had little in common otherwise. They didn't share common interests and didn't even live in the same city, so they didn't see each other outside of work.

5AvIlim.jpg

Even a spot on ATST's writing team couldn't keep Kaydence sticking around. After the publication of her science fiction novel Simtopia, it became clear, both to Alan Stanley and to Kaydence, that the show needed her a lot more than she needed the show.

d1H47oo.jpg

Kaydence had made clear that she was more interested in working behind the camera than in front of it. And these days, her mind was more consumed with science than showbiz.

N5yWQMf.jpg

YF7yYOL.jpg

Kaydence's departure from ATST was also partially motivated by her health. The famously workaholic young woman passed out after one grueling, marathon shoot.

lNY6oOx.jpg

When she finally 'came to' she was in the emergency room at Sacred Spleen hospital.

ELyXFEF.jpg

The attending physician was very familiar to her. It had been her cousin, Satis, adopted from Egypt as a child by her aunt Savannah. Satis had finished medical school and was doing her residency at Sacred Spleen. Satis, remember, became pregnant during medical school, which shocked the family.

AtwqDfW.jpg

The concern on Satis' face was noticeable. "You know, Kaydence, you're taking on too much," she noted, speaking less as a medical doctor and more as a concerned family member. "You need to figure out how to relax."

lXjjfXL.jpg

What was surprising wasn't that Kaydence left the show, but how much at peace she was with the decision. There were no regrets.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on

• Options
    edited August 2016
    tMNziPk.jpg

Kaydence's departure from ATST meant that Alanna Starr Stanley had regained her throne as the queen bee on the set. She was one person who wasn't entirely thrilled about the publication of her co-star and on-screen rival's novel. When asked about the book, Alanna offered a terse, "I've never read it."

cpWmdFT.jpg

While the producers were scrambling once again to find a new Alexa, Kaydence on her way out the door had quietly submitted a name as her replacement - her cousin, Skylar.

ebCfQ0r.jpg

The last time we saw Andy and Savannah's youngest daughter, she was riding away in a cab to go to Le Fromage Art School after throwing the wildest party this side of Sunset Valley.

FcGRU9L.jpg

Her mother, Savannah, was pretending to be Skylar to answer to vicious social media posts by her erstwhile friends. "Such sad little people," Savannah-as-Skylar wrote, "who have nothing better to do than to sit at computer screens and post lies. If you hate me that much, why can't you tell me to my face? That's right, you can't, because you're cowards."

iDFv8Mu.jpg

Skylar had burned a lot of bridges on her way out of Sunset Valley. Neither of her parents were speaking to her, and her older sister Sage had valiantly attempted to reach her, only to discover she harbored deep-rooted resentment towards Kaydence, basically blaming her cousin for all of her problems.

7quVGl7.jpg

As it was, Skylar had a recurring role on the soap, as Lauren's singer sister. If Skylar could show some significant enough acting chops to win the role of Alexa, it could possibly be a stepping stone to the singing career she dreamed of.

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Geat update, I love your photoshop edits wish I wee good at that.

@TadOlson Great update

Here is another update from me.

[img][/img]Screenshot-3_zps4gdnlz2m.jpg

It was a rainy evening, Eve tried to get Misty into the stable,
    but the rainy weather made the poor horse very nervous so it took some time and Misty were
    exhausted by the end of it.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpspjqd86eg.jpg

Eve rushed inside as it was late, she did not notice the zombie behidn her ( I forogt to switch to my usual moon phase as
    I do not like zombies ).

[img][/img]Screenshot-5_zpsepqahjeo.jpg

she had a very late meal

[img][/img]Screenshot-2_zpsrhuhhp0f.jpg

Spent soem time with socks

[img][/img]Screenshot-4_zpsakd9mr6y.jpg

Gave praise to Bogey for not chewing on furniture.

[img][/img]Screenshot-6_zpslx81x2qk.jpg

Dont you think Misty were out from the stables again early morning, Eve has
    a full time with these epts.

That is all for now.

• Options
    AtwqDfW.jpg

Sage named her older adopted sister Satis as her maid of honor. In a way, it made sense.

As Sage herself explained in her blog, "Satis may not be related by blood but she is as much my sister as Sierra and Skylar are."

Screenshot-74.jpg

Screenshot-69-1.jpg
    Satis was my first best friend... We did everything together. I looked up to her and wanted to be like her. I missed her loads when she left.

Screenshot-320_zpsac465f15.jpg

In fact, Sage had confided in Satis when s... hit the fan with her friend Kayleigh and AJ's ex Samantha.

Screenshot-321_zpsac88e297.jpg
    "Well, AJ's definitely in a mess," Satis concluded. "He's the one who's got to sort it out, though."
    "I feel like somehow I'm to blame for this, cause I made the suggestion that he and Kay should get together --"
    "No, Sage, this isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself. This is AJ's and Kay's and Samantha's doing. No one else. They made this mess, they have to clean it up. AJ's got to realize at some point that mom didn't drag him to college for him to chase girls."
    I took a deep breath and forced myself to smile. As usual, Satis was probably right.

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @tesarily: Congratulations on becoming a member and getting to post pics and things now. :D That sounds like a fun premise. :D (I'm now imagining them scouring the world to catch all the minor pets spawning in the world and you giving them pokemon names lol). ;) (Imagines a squirrel in a cage...a squirrel named Pikachu! ;) )

@Venus: I like the magazine spread there! :D I assume 'No, he's not famous, he's a normal guy.' was pertaining to likely questions of who the mystery guy she brought to the awards was...or who she was dating, the answer to both being Terry Ho, right? ;) Well, yeah, you just can't keep doing something that makes you pass out as a long term plan, not a good plan! Glad she listened to Satis! :D Of course, workaholics will be workaholics but better to be a workaholic on something you actually want to advance and can see making the world a better place! ;) I'm glad Kaydence is trying to help Skylar out, hopefully Skylar eventually understands that Kaydence isn't her problem. ;) Lol, Skylar looks so impressed with her mom's smack down of her 'friends' there lol. ;) Hopefully she'll grow enough to realize her mother is trying to help her be prepared for life, not just trying to punish her or something. ;)

I'm glad Sage can call on Satis and Satis can come be a big sister to her again. :D It looks like Satis gave Sage a good role model of what an older sister could be and Sage lived up to it, being as supportive and passing on sisterly advice like Satis did to her. ;)

@Silver: Well, at least she escaped the zombie...lol. It'll probably stay in the yard complaining about it's sore back or find some music to dance to...or if you have a trampoline...they jump on the trampoline too. Crazy zombies. ;) Yeah, seems like her pets keep her busy. :D But hopefully after they are trained up to not destroy the furniture and mess in the wrong place...they'll help her out with hunting and things. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Zabeth0 Yeah, it became clear that Kaydence was not enjoying her time on the TV show. Once it became drudgery, it was time for her to leave. I don't think she sees acting itself as drudgery, I think a part of her does enjoy acting - though obviously not as much as she does science and her writing and her imaginary world - but she does enjoy the idea of pretending to be other people. I think she sees that TV show as drudgery, as not really going anywhere. I do also think that she's more inclined for behind the scenes work than she is for work in front of the camera. She isn't exactly the most extroverted girl.
    It had gotten to the point where her heart was clearly not into the show. It was elsewhere. Ironically, the same thing happened with her dad, Sebastian. He left the movie business altogether because he couldn't get the roles he was used to and his heart was no longer in it. She hasn't entirely left show business, because she can't help herself being that it's in her blood, and the spotlight calls her like a moth to a flame, but she had lost interest in that particular show. I hope I'm making some semblance of sense.
    You're right in that she sees science as the way to make the world a better place, and with the sprinkling of the happiness dew, etc, as the means to do it. In fact when she spun the want to do the utopia, the description underneath said that 'your sim wants to make the world a better place' or something to that nature.
    A dream role/project for Kaydence would be something that's science oriented or a science fiction type TV show. Something she could sink her teeth into. ATST was clearly not that show, therefore she lost interest in it.

• Options
    @venusdemilosims loving the story and that magazine pic was awsome :}

@Silverofdreams30 i've yet to play with pets even tho i own the EP haha i think when i do get around to it i will deal with 1 pet at a time
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comments.Great update!
    @venusdemilosims -They got enough money to finish the greenhouse.Great updates!
    @Zabeth0 -That's done using EasyCasPart Editor to edit the settings.They had a few busy days as fall became winter.
    @tesarily -Hi there!That game of yours sounds like fun.I love Island Paradise.
    @rachcook1991 -You might need NRaas Mods if you're playing with Pets because EA's bugfest will start stuffing households full of too many pets without Mods.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Winter1621.
    The town updated their pool by adding more food replicators.
    28401238560_5668e3b643_c.jpg
    Here's the new replicators upstairs.
    28607628271_58e6f7272a_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Zabeth0 Yeah the zombie jsut sttod ther euntil he disappeared lol.
    Great update before.

@tadolson Great update

@rachcook1991 Ha ha yeah several pets is a bit ahndful,
    just wanted to try a sim I normally never do.

@venusdemilosims Another great update.
  • Options
    Here is another update

[img][/img]Screenshot-9_zps2auycxhk.jpg

Just nice sky

[img][/img]Screenshot-12_zps3twpm38p.jpg

This day was a horse day, Eve let Thunder out early.

[img][/img]Screenshot-14_zpssi8ufecq.jpg

Misty waited on her turn.

[img][/img]Screenshot-13_zpshrux4z5x.jpg

Lots to work with the horses brushing.

[img][/img]Screenshot-15_zpspctphkx8.jpg

Hugging

[img][/img]Screenshot-10_zpsdk9zonwr.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-11_zpsjtkd6lsy.jpg

Misty got some care and loving to.

[img][/img]Screenshot-16_zpsu9zosu6s.jpg

Then it was time to take Thunder to train at the riding centre.

[img][/img]Screenshot-20_zpsgqy4px3g.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-19_zpsx5b5nic6.jpg

Which went quite well.

That is all for now.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @Silverofdreams30 Lol at Eve's face when shes riding Thunder!
    @TadOlson Cool that you found a use for the replicators. I've only used them in one house so far.
    @rachcook1991 Thanks :) You know, PalmArrow on the other thread pointed me to the place to make those magazine spreads, photofunia.com

Er0DwjD.jpg

Once upon a time, Savannah Jolina-Plumb, then an aspiring adventurer, had a little daughter named Sage.

Screenshot-3103_zpsefby9kd5.jpg

Around twenty-five years later, Savannah was now standing on the Jolina-Plumb family compound alongside that same little girl, who had grown into a remarkable young woman and was now about to marry her college sweetheart, Kyle Heilman. Sage was a vision in ivory, wearing a necklace she'd made herself.

Screenshot-37_zpssiakylwl.jpg

When it became known that Sage Jolina-Plumb, oldest biological daughter of the bestselling novelist and former adventurer Savannah Jolina-Plumb and her husband, former professional athlete Andy, was marrying her college sweetheart, all of Sunset Valley was buzzing. But as per the bride's wishes, an invite to the exclusive shindig was extremely difficult to come by.

Screenshot-3102_zpsfv8vlurz.jpg

Sage had limited the guest list virtually to members of the Jolina-Plumb family, and to Kyle's best friend and former roommate, Richard Randall.

Screenshot-40_zpsoknfsyf9.jpg

Kyle shows his approval of the wedding furniture.

Screenshot-36_zps4xpsxm5y.jpg

Andy took a gander and inspected...

Screenshot-3104_zps91qvybjr.jpg

...all the while being gobsmacked at just how much money his wife was shelling out. Money had been nothing to Savannah, he thought, she was basically a bottomless pit of cash. Of course, he hadn't married her for the money, she became ridiculously wealthy after he'd said 'I do.' Between her adventuring, her ghost-hunting work, and her novels, she had made her own fortune - apart from what she'd already inherited. He couldn't have imagined, growing up in an orphanage, that he would be spending this much money on a wedding for a daughter of his.

And he had three more daughters to go...

• Options
    Screenshot-41_zpspyipdtgq.jpg

Not that the wedding didn't go off without a hitch. It wouldn't be a Jolina-Plumb wedding without, well, complications. Kyle attempted to use the deep fryer, and it caught fire, with Sebastian standing right there.

Screenshot-42_zpsp4qc5vbh.jpg

Luckily Kyle, who had joined the fire department shortly after graduating college, was a trained firefighter, and he put the fire out. *Seriously, this is the first time I've seen someone without the Brave trait but who was a trained firefighter in the profession put out a fire on his own while not on his job.*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top