Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Patch for May 31st?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    I just hope we get more unisex hair, otherwise I'm going to have to either keep downloading CC myself or attempting it myself. I would love children conversions too because kids don't get enough in the Sims. I hope we get the lighting update next month because I've wanted better lighting for awhile now. I like color and still don't think there are enough color swatches for hair, skin, and eyes. :( Makes me miss having a color wheel.

I'm still hoping SGGraham makes a grunge pack someday too. I would love more gothic/punk options. I like steampunk and now my mom likes that style too. Actually I was in a chat in activity about this. Simmers and I were talking about goth industrial and gothic lolita.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    I just hope we get more unisex hair, otherwise I'm going to have to either keep downloading CC myself or attempting it myself. I would love children conversions too because kids don't get enough in the Sims. I hope we get the lighting update next month because I've wanted better lighting for awhile now. I like color and still don't think there are enough color swatches for hair, skin, and eyes. :( Makes me miss having a color wheel.

I'm still hoping SGGraham makes a grudge pack someday too. I would love more gothic/punk options. I like steampunk and now my mom likes that style too. Actually I was in a chat in activity about this. Simmers and I were talking about goth industrial and gothic lolita.

Er, you mean grunge @Scobre , although I would love to see a Stuff Pack centered around holding grudges and doing terrible things to get revenge on them 3 weeks after you got your grudge. Shove them into a garbage can! Yeah, that'll definitely sell.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue is that we as fans have a very different definition on what it means to have "more ways to play with life every month" versus what the Gurus definition of that statement. To them it's challenges or new hairstyles and a few interactions or traits (which there's no doubt we need more of those)

Correct :) On May 17 we added two hairs that where formerly male only and were converted to work on either male or female sims. These are considered by our definition to be "new ways to play" as players previously did not have access to these hairs for females.

Also, since I have been seeing this quite a bit: We never promised an additional patch for this month. That was speculation by someone within the community that spread around as if it was fact (which is why I keep reiterating that statements like "we are getting a patch on X day" or "this will be in the next pack" are linked with actual source information to verify it's legitimacy.)

So Basically giving us 2 Male hair for females was a Plus? I think not, I would of rather had Longer wavy hair for both male and female, not the short male hair I hardly ever use, but that is My Opinion on it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Er, you mean grunge @Scobre , although I would love to see a Stuff Pack centered around holding grudges and doing terrible things to get revenge on them 3 weeks after you got your grudge. Shove them into a garbage can! Yeah, that'll definitely sell.
    Yeah, sorry tired. I meant grunge. LOL that sounds like fun too.

But yeah there have been some cool CC made for the Sims games before using the grunge style.
    post1.jpg
    sims3updates_obj_1280_1_L.jpg

It's just not very fun to make stories with poor Sims with everything looking suburbia perfect all the time.

Other real life examples.
    6272016135_58ac4be246_z.jpg
    0336729502181b72e19dc3ad5055f8e0.jpg
    iUUKSVM.jpg
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CauIiflowerCauIiflower Posts: 86 Member
    Was the musical chair glitch repaired? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Thursday.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Partially I think? Not all cases of it which is going to stink for the upcoming restaurant pack.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2016
    that 'patch' on the 17th was event considered to be a thing in the month of may, cause it wasnt even listed in the monthly content thread from a simguru in the news section, so YES where the heck is this patch?

We chose not to do a blog as we announced The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack on that day but we did have patch notes which you view here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887249/may-17-2016-patch-notes#latest

Edit to add since I just re-read your post: I did mention it in the "Complete List of Content Released" thread found here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886697/the-sims-4-complete-list-of-content-released#latest and here is the particular quote with mention of the content:

• MayMay 17 Patch Notes
      • Pack Announced: The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack
      • Base Game Update: Two Unisex hairs (short hairs formerly only for male sims can now also be used on female sims)
    Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    @Scobre Thank you. This is why I was honestly thinking we would get another Patch. I personally don't consider the ''new''-not-so-new hair to be new game play, a little disappointed but i'll survive. WE WLL SURVIVE. And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end. We will make it through.

No, but in all seriousness...
    *insert We Are The Champions from Queen* :'(:cold_sweat:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I'm also waiting to see if the wave and disappear bug has been fixed. It won't be a lot of fun to plan to meet a date at a restaurant only to see them wave and disappear. My Sim hasn't been able to have a "meet you there" date yet.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

I'm also waiting to see if the wave and disappear bug has been fixed. It won't be a lot of fun to plan to meet a date at a restaurant only to see them wave and disappear. My Sim hasn't been able to have a "meet you there" date yet.

Omg, I thought this was only happening in my game. My Sim gets invited out, whether it's a group or individual, & once arrives on the lot, the other Sim(s) leave.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Yup basically Zip for May.
    Oh come on, be fair! We may not have got much for the game itself, but at least we got this:
    Added a blank line between each release note, in order to elongate the visual impact of the release notes.

What more could you ask for? :D

Good grief, I am going to have to re-think my resolve not to buy TS4!!!
  • Options

Omg, I thought this was only happening in my game. My Sim gets invited out, whether it's a group or individual, & once arrives on the lot, the other Sim(s) leave.

No we...as in you and me.....are not alone. It doesn't seem to matter where they meet. I've had dates at the bluff and just regular places like a bar and the Sim they are supposed to meet just disappears.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    With EA/Maxis My hopes never go up.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    @PHOEBESMOM601 @Sha2520032003 It also happens to me! It seems that im not rejected enough irl, gotta be rejected in the sims too. Awks.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I, like a lot of other people, was not expecting anything additional for the month of May and really (I mean really, Really, REALLY!) I don't think it's realistic or reasonable to expect a continuous five year train of free additions to this game every single month. Patches that fix bugs and glitches, sure but an every month download of free stuff, no. Yes, the base game was light and yes there needed to be additions may to it for free to counter that, especially for people who paid full price but that reasoning should come to an end I think. The quote about new game play I took to mean both free items like the Christmas stuff or even the hair conversions AND/OR packs for sale and to date I think that has pretty much been met and there's really very little argument left to this point at this point.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Simulance wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Simulance wrote: »
    Maybe the T word is coming next month.

Toasters? Yeah probably we're going to get a kitchen appliance every summer.

T
    O
    D
    D
    L
    E
    R
    S

Not falling for this, guys

No
    ..NOPE

not this time
    omslndz7
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I, for one, am getting so many hours of new gameplay out of this new male to female converted hair! /s

They should not have said we would be getting new gameplay each month if they could not keep their promise. It's a complete mystery to me how the person who said that now leads Maxis. Scary, actually.

@Sk8rblaze :joy: thanks for cheering me up! Hilarious post! lol Good thing I wasn't sipping coffee as I read that!! :D
    And if you got it on your computer it sure enough won't be fun. I learned not to drink while I am at the computer because I read something funny one time and sprayed my monitor, so no drinking and computing. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    @PHOEBESMOM601 @Sha2520032003 It also happens to me! It seems that im not rejected enough irl, gotta be rejected in the sims too. Awks.

Gee I wonder if it's a "you're a loser" social media thing that is "working as intended"?
  • Options
    @PHOEBESMOM601 It's okay. Now that we have new gameplay (haircuts) we can forget about the rejections and enjoy the new features for hours and hours of fun.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    I don't think it's fair to shoot the messenger. I am not like ecstatic, over the moon for the new hairs but hey at least it's something and I appreciate @SimGuruDrake coming and explaining that to us. :heart: Next month will have more than enough new content. :wink:
  • Options
    @Simulance I don't think that people are blaming @SimGuruDrake! Some people, including myself, are disappointed but we still understand that she is doing her job. It's not her fault. :#
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Posting dates of upcoming patches in advance would be appreciated. The entire month of May has been spent speculating on the new game pack and the pre-game patch. The earlier patch with the unisex hair conversions and a couple of bug fixes, was disappointing. Technically, yes, it added gameplay for the fans who use the hair that came with the game. But it did not fix the problems I have been having so the patch basically did nothing for me at all. That's okay. I will find a mod to fix the problems I am having along with the others who are also having the same issues. Problem solved. EA/Maxis doesn't need to worry about my game issues and I don't need to rely on the creators of Sims4 to fix what they failed to correctly implement in a base game of their own design. This has become another saga like the one we had with Sims3.

Since I am seeing the same issues being discussed over and over, I have to assume these are coded into the base game since many of these issues have been present since the base game was released nearly two years ago. My issues have nothing to do with cc or the mods I have as I have played my game in vanilla mode and the problems persist. And these are not tiny glitches. They affect game play in very specific ways, over and over.

Being dumped just as a date begins is not a tiny glitch. I believe I have had just one successful outing when my Sim has been invited to a club by another Sim. One out of ten or fifteen attempts is not my idea of an acceptable percentage. And why do Sims wave at one another while back to back rather than while facing one another? I can see that happening in a group gathering but not when greeting a single Sim.

While I appreciate the fact SimGuruDrake came here to explain why we will not see the pre-game pack patch today, she did not say when we can expect that patch. I am totally behind letting the teams get things right. But patience is a fickle emotion. I would like to see what fixes are in this patch before Dine Out is released. I don't want to be told what is going to be fixed; I would rather see these fixes myself while playing my game. How well these fixes affect my game could decide if I purchase Dine Out on it's release day or if I wait to see feedback from fans who buy it as soon as it becomes available. The new lighting is attracting much attention and fans are excited to see it. But if the game is still experiencing random issues, the new lighting will mean very little in terms of game play.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Posting dates of upcoming patches in advance would be appreciated. The entire month of May has been spent speculating on the new game pack and the pre-game patch. The earlier patch with the unisex hair conversions and a couple of bug fixes, was disappointing. Technically, yes, it added gameplay for the fans who use the hair that came with the game. But it did not fix the problems I have been having so the patch basically did nothing for me at all. That's okay. I will find a mod to fix the problems I am having along with the others who are also having the same issues. Problem solved. EA/Maxis doesn't need to worry about my game issues and I don't need to rely on the creators of Sims4 to fix what they failed to correctly implement in a base game of their own design. This has become another saga like the one we had with Sims3.

Since I am seeing the same issues being discussed over and over, I have to assume these are coded into the base game since many of these issues have been present since the base game was released nearly two years ago. My issues have nothing to do with cc or the mods I have as I have played my game in vanilla mode and the problems persist. And these are not tiny glitches. They affect game play in very specific ways, over and over.

Being dumped just as a date begins is not a tiny glitch. I believe I have had just one successful outing when my Sim has been invited to a club by another Sim. One out of ten or fifteen attempts is not my idea of an acceptable percentage. And why do Sims wave at one another while back to back rather than while facing one another? I can see that happening in a group gathering but not when greeting a single Sim.

While I appreciate the fact SimGuruDrake came here to explain why we will not see the pre-game pack patch today, she did not say when we can expect that patch. I am totally behind letting the teams get things right. But patience is a fickle emotion. I would like to see what fixes are in this patch before Dine Out is released. I don't want to be told what is going to be fixed; I would rather see these fixes myself while playing my game. How well these fixes affect my game could decide if I purchase Dine Out on it's release day or if I wait to see feedback from fans who buy it as soon as it becomes available. The new lighting is attracting much attention and fans are excited to see it. But if the game is still experiencing random issues, the new lighting will mean very little in terms of game play.

Ditto.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Were we promised a patch today or is this another expectation or assumption?
    We have Dine Out next week, & the SP for Kids is still coming this month. I don't think we've ever gotten two packs in the same month have we?
    I know everyone is anxious for content, but omg. If they didn't promise a patch, what is everyone tripping about?

I'm fairly certain the reference is about Franklin's statement in the GT announcement.

".....That’s just a few of the new things we’ve introduced in the past year, and we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4 and giving you more ways to play with life every month!......"

Maybe so...but I'm still asking if there was a patch confirmed for today? If not, then I don't get it. We're getting two packs in the same month, which I believe, is new to The Sims 4. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. But if a patch wasn't confirmed, why expect it. That's all I'm saying.

The promised new game play usually comes in a patch. Today is the last day of the month and there has been no announcement of a patch so it was being asked if we were getting one. Then again they did the little hocus pocus with the hair styles. Maybe that was the new game play this month.

If Dine Out hadn't been postponed to June, we would have had that this month, along with a bigger patch (I'm interested to see if the musical chairs bug is fixed in the patch or if it's only fixed for restaurant dining.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top