Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Patch for May 31st?

For real? It is the 31st of may and the only thing we got was yet the same videos for Dine Out?, where is the so called Patch we are suppose to get?, this is so ridiculous, I am so not happy with this game right now.

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Uhm, we already got a patch in May. The next patch is most likely Thursday, have a bit of patience.

If you are referring to those small itsy bitsy redone hair we got then that is so sad, was not worth the patch in my opinion, so basically we got Zip for May, in my opinion.
  • Options

Yup basically Zip for May.
  • Options
    Yup basically Zip for May.
    Oh come on, be fair! We may not have got much for the game itself, but at least we got this:
    Added a blank line between each release note, in order to elongate the visual impact of the release notes.

What more could you ask for? :D

Why thank you so much for making me laugh so hard that I almost fell out of my chair, it was Hilarious, thank you , :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I, for one, am getting so many hours of new gameplay out of this new male to female converted hair! /s

They should not have said we would be getting new gameplay each month if they could not keep their promise. It's a complete mystery to me how the person who said that now leads Maxis. Scary, actually.

got that right, very scary indeed, yup.
  • Options
    I, for one, am getting so many hours of new gameplay out of this new male to female converted hair! /s

They should not have said we would be getting new gameplay each month if they could not keep their promise. It's a complete mystery to me how the person who said that now leads Maxis. Scary, actually.

Well we almost got new game play. Dine out will be out in a week.......I mean did the "promise" actually say free new game play every month? Gotta be really careful what we assume from vague statements. :p
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Well we almost got new game play. Dine out will be out in a week.......I mean did the "promise" actually say free new game play every month? Gotta be really careful what we assume from vague statements. :p

Lol, well, I mean, even so, there have been months without a free patch with actual gameplay and a pack. I would expect no less from EA's PR than to try to bait players with a loophole like that, but there is seriously no way they could deny that promise was not kept.
  • Options

Lol, well, I mean, even so, there have been months without a free patch with actual gameplay and a pack. I would expect no less from EA's PR than to try to bait players with a loophole like that, but there is seriously no way they could deny that promise was not kept.

I agree 100%
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited May 2016
    Uhm, we already got a patch in May. The next patch is most likely Thursday, have a bit of patience.

If you are referring to those small itsy bitsy redone hair we got then that is so sad, was not worth the patch in my opinion, so basically we got Zip for May, in my opinion.
    Sorry, you said patch, not gameplay. As disappointing as the May patch was, still counts as a patch.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options

Sorry, you said patch, not gameplay. As disappointing as the May patch was, still counts as a patch.

Not in my mind it does not, sorry.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Were we promised a patch today or is this another expectation or assumption?
    We have Dine Out next week, & the SP for Kids is still coming this month. I don't think we've ever gotten two packs in the same month have we?
    I know everyone is anxious for content, but omg. If they didn't promise a patch, what is everyone tripping about?
  • Options
    We have Dine Out next week, & the SP for Kids is still coming this month. I don't think we've ever gotten two packs in the same month have we?
    I know everyone is anxious for content, but omg. If they didn't promise a patch, what is everyone tripping about?

I'm fairly certain the reference is about Franklin's statement in the GT announcement.

".....That’s just a few of the new things we’ve introduced in the past year, and we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4 and giving you more ways to play with life every month!......"
  • Options

I'm fairly certain the reference is about Franklin's statement in the GT announcement.

".....That’s just a few of the new things we’ve introduced in the past year, and we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4 and giving you more ways to play with life every month!......"

Maybe so...but I'm still asking if there was a patch confirmed for today? If not, then I don't get it. We're getting two packs in the same month, which I believe, is new to The Sims 4. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. But if a patch wasn't confirmed, why expect it. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options

Maybe so...but I'm still asking if there was a patch confirmed for today? If not, then I don't get it. We're getting two packs in the same month, which I believe, is new to The Sims 4. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. But if a patch wasn't confirmed, why expect it. That's all I'm saying.

The promised new game play usually comes in a patch. Today is the last day of the month and there has been no announcement of a patch so it was being asked if we were getting one. Then again they did the little hocus pocus with the hair styles. Maybe that was the new game play this month.
  • Options

The promised new game play usually comes in a patch. Today is the last day of the month and there has been no announcement of a patch so it was being asked if we were getting one. Then again they did the little hocus pocus with the hair styles. Maybe that was the new game play this month.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed. We usually get a patch before a new release, so perhaps it will come Thursday.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    We are getting two packs and most likely two patches next month. This somewhat makes up for it but not for March and Aprils lackluster months
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member

Nobody said the new gameplay thing was going to start this month though. I think we all should wait and not get our hopes up.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I think the biggest issue is that we as fans have a very different definition on what it means to have "more ways to play with life every month" versus what the Gurus definition of that statement. To them it's challenges or new hairstyles and a few interactions or traits (which there's no doubt we need more of those)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options

Sorry to hear you're disappointed. We usually get a patch before a new release, so perhaps it will come Thursday.

Little things like patches don't disappoint me. I no longer dwell on promises made or potential. I was just trying to explain why some people might have been expecting something.
  • Options
    dreita95 wrote: »

Nobody said the new gameplay thing was going to start this month though. I think we all should wait and not get our hopes up.

The new game play statement Ms Franklin made was when GT was announced. So that was.....August 2015?
  • Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    dreita95 wrote: »

The new game play statement Ms Franklin made was when GT was announced. So that was.....August 2015?

Oh okay I thought you were referring to what One of the gurus said about new gameplay like a month ago. I learned NOT to expect too much not only from EA but life in general so it makes me sad that people are getting upset due to high expectations.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    Maybe the T word is coming next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top