Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @StSciurus Just did a few tests for you, using the enlarge cheat (I hadn't thought of that ;)).
    I used the highest foundation and tested a few things with the dark green hedge and the ivy - with or without enlarge cheat, no MOO, no alt:
    2u57sie.png
    You could enlarge both the hedge and the ivy, or you could enlarge either the hedge or the ivy - it all fits. On the right is the enlarged ivy at its lowest possible postion, which, as you can see, fits perfectly on a non-enlarged hedge.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    crysk wrote: »
    You could create a temporary mini room where the ivy is supposed to cover the foundation and use a different kind of foundation there to stop the top from cutting it in half.

I had thought about trying this, but I wasn't sure if it would work. You must have used this technique before yourself. I'm still not sure whether the ivy would still start halfway up the foundation without using the MOO cheat.
    @StSciurus Just did a few tests for you, using the enlarge cheat (I hadn't thought of that ;)).
    I used the highest foundation and tested a few things with the dark green hedge and the ivy - with or without enlarge cheat, no MOO, no alt:
    2u57sie.png
    You could enlarge both the hedge and the ivy, or you could enlarge either the hedge or the ivy - it all fits. On the right is the enlarged ivy at its lowest possible postion, which, as you can see, fits perfectly on a non-enlarged hedge.

Wow! Thank you for experimenting for me. I like the effect the regular sized hedge with the enlarged ivy gives on the right side of your row of ivies. The enlarged ivy does seem to cover the foundation in a natural way, although with MOO you can't get it all the way to the ground. I tried this, which I rather like, but of course I had to use MOO to get the ivy to the ground.

SrD7j1o.png

The hedge and enlarged ivy seems like the way to go without using MOO.

Thank you both for your wonderful suggestions! :)
  • Options
    cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    @StSciurus not the placing ivy over it, but I noticed several times while building that even after deleting walls from a room the foundation for that part stayed the same.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    crysk wrote: »
    @StSciurus not the placing ivy over it, but I noticed several times while building that even after deleting walls from a room the foundation for that part stayed the same.
    That's good to know!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Your townhouse WIP looks very great! @StSciurus :) Very nice exterior design of the building! The double arches at the front entrance to the building looks very nice! It looks very nice how the windows are placed in the bulld. The balconies look nice in the build.
    It is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, dear @rosemow for your encouragement! :)
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    @StSciurus really really cool looking New York style townhouse! I love how everything from windows to stairs and balconies is placed, and the use of bricks on the other side of the building, and how the two units are divided. It looks very much like real life to me! I put it on my shopping list, and I'm looking forward to when it is finished! :)
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    eqEMlgP.jpg

Anyone got any suggestion on the roof of the main building? Should I add anything?
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    The layout and design of your WIP looks very great! @crysk :) The building off from the main section of the build and the pathway bridge to the building looks very nice! It looks nice how it is the midst of the water. The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build.
    It is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    :D Thank you, @Nellythekidd !
  • Options
    I've finished the interior decorating of one of the two townhouses. I think I'll work on the landscaping for a while and save the interior of the other townhouse till last. Here are some images:

Living room:
    wNh7Hla.png

Kitchen:
    xlDrZy0.png

First floor layout:
    E1uRs5S.png

Second floor layout:
    djPA7n4.png

Third floor layout:
    KYB9Upt.png

The townhouse has a total of 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. As of the now, the basement is unfinished.
  • Options
    The layout of the interior of your build looks very nice! @StSciurus :) Very nice furnishing of the townhouse ! The living room is very nice! The fireplace sitting area looks nice with the armchairs either sides of the sofa. Sims will enjoy chatting there in front of the fire. The plants are nice touches of nature in the corner of the room. Nice windows chess area for to have fun playing chess with the sunlight coming in through the windows. It looks very nice the type of and placement of the windows in the room. Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed in the room. The books and the basket of eggs are very nice touches placed on the top of the upper cabinet. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windiws whilst preparing meals. The circles floor rug gives a great look in the room! Very nice art and sitting room for sims to rest on the seating and have a read or enjoy painting on the easel .
    The home is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow !
  • Options
    I have been working on my pair of side-by-side New York Brownstone Townhouses. It's fun to imagine Sims moving in. The interior I'm currently working on is for perhaps a couple with very modern tastes. The first floor has been opened up and some of the walls have the brick exposed.

Kitchen
    gKJFRpj.png

Kitchen looking into living room
    ZSYSG1t.png

Living room
    TtNNPGh.png

Looking into dining room and kitchen
    3nmbFnu.png

Looking into dining room from living room
    tFjKbqt.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The interior areas of the townhouse are looking very nice! @StSciurus :) The brick texture of the walls gives a very nice look to the home. Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look nice how they are placed there and the hanging pans, knives and utensils on the walls are great kitchen touches. The brown circles flooring looks nice in front of the stove. Very nice living room! The colour scheme of the interior looks very nice. Very nice music nook area! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa in front of the fire listening to music from the piano. The white circles are a nice touch under the piano, and the red colour of the statue on the table and the display cabinet adds a very nice look to the room. Very nice windows dining area! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst eating a meal at the table . The green flowers on the tabletop are nice touches of nature there, and complement well with the wall texture well.
    The WIP is looking great ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you again so much, @rosemow ! :) I do so appreciate that you take the time to look at everyone's images in detail and comment on them. You have such a generous spirit!
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @StSciurus Your Townhouse WIP looks very beautiful! :smiley:
    Your architecture really reflects from Nelly's townhouse build! I see that you figure it out with the ivy too, and it's looks very pretty! Your interior shots looks very gorgeous too! Love how you furnished beautifully! I also love your modern side, looks very neat!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :smiley:

@crysk I see that you already finished your WIP! :) Apologies that I didn't commented to it, but I will stop by on your thread soon! Thanks again for posting your WIP here! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @RyeCris16 haha, its ok that you didn't comment on it. I would have liked some suggestions for the roof, because I'm still not qutie happy with it but yeah all good :smile:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    @crysk , I don't know how I missed your WIP either! It looks like an elegant lakeside resort. :) You asked for roofing suggestions. Have you considered adding a dormer like the one on the entrance side to the other three sides of the main building? It would add symmetry and break up the long stretches of roofing.
  • Options
    @StSciurus yeah i had thought about, but somehow it felt wrong, anyway its done and in the gallery now soo
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    @crysk , I just realize now that your WIP was for your beautiful Kitsune no Yomeiri. I don't think the roofline for that needs any improvement! :)
  • Options
    @StSciurus haha, yeah in the end it looked good, but before everything was added it felt kinda not complete.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    Final exterior pictures of my pair of New York brownstone townhouses before I start play testing the lot.

NYBx1.png
    NYBx2.png
    NYBx3.png
  • Options
    @StSciurus I'm not a big fan of those brownston townhouses, but yours looks really stunning :D
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I've posted this into the new SP images but thought I'd post the pictures of the lot I built here as well. :)

Lp1KtiJ.png

CcDfdoz.png

KyzdgxD.png

I know I'm not an amazing builder, but I'm kind of working on that :p I just wish we had some more building options :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top