Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    @pronterus Wow, that's a big build lots of work - I would go insane with trying to build something as big as it. The layout and symmetry of the building is wonderful, the hotel idea makes me want a bon voyage ep (Sims 2 style). It'll be lovely, I think some water decorations might fit the yard. The place already reminds me of Las Venturas. :sunglasses:

@StSciurus The suspended pool idea works great in the build, I like the use of different materials and the blue of the swimming pool in the exterior - incredible build. The interior is lovely as well with the use of color and overall it looks like the house of a famous celebrity. Great job! :)
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @Nellythekidd ! :) I'm having a lot of fun with this build. I'm not sure if the pool makes real engineering sense, but it looks cool. ;)
  • Options
    I want to show the first apartment building that I'm making. It is bigger than what I usually make, so I haven't finished yet and have built other small houses instead. But I think I will finish it! At first I was unsure about the backyard, but now I'm more happy with the back than the front. I tried to make a playground in the back.

Front:
    mjKi3n.jpg

Back:
    gZAauV.jpg
  • Options
    I want to show the first apartment building that I'm making.

It looks a little like the apartment building I live in now! I love the exterior and look forward to seeing what you do on the inside.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Sciuruan Ultra Modern is looking very nice! @StSciurus :) Very nice design and layout of the exterior of the home! The suspended glass pool looks very nice! It is a great feature of the home! The windows look very nice how they are used in the build. The furnishing of the interior looks very nice! Very nice design of the sunken living room! Nice bar area there for sims to enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar and enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows. They will enjoy listeming to the piano being played or music from the gramophone whilst sitting resting on the sofa reading a book from the bookshelf. Very nice dining room alcove! The teapots, plant, salt/pepper shaker and statue are nice touches on the side table. The fruit picture looks great on the wall! The master bedroom is very nice! Nice fireplace sitting area. The wall decor is a nice touch on the bedhead wall.
    The WIP is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The apartment building WIP is looking very nice! @Nellythekidd :) Very nice exterior of the building! The type of windows and how they are placed in the build look so very nice! The flower box windows look pretty! The awnings are a nice touch in the build. The brown brick wall texture looks nice. Very nice back area of the build! The back balconies look very nice. Very nice fenced playground area! Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars, in the sand pit or with the dollhouse.
    The build is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thanks again, @rosemow , for taking the time to check out the details of my WIP. Your kindness is always appreciated. :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow and @StSciurus , I'm looking forward to getting the house finished. In the playground I fenced the area first and thought of putting in a jungle gym, but the thing was so huge that the area could have had only half a jungle gym! I'm still happy how it turned out, even with only few playground items in the game. :)
  • Options
    Here are some more images of my Sciurian Ultra Modern. I am about finished with the interior on all levels. I added a building in back that contains fitness equipment, an art studio and a guest bedroom. The third floor of the main house has a home theater, a game room, another bedroom, and of course the suspended pool on one side and a hot tub on the other. I still have a lot of landscaping to do. But for now, here are a few images:

Office (2nd floor)
    L5rDoYk.png

Suspended pool
    dICG1zb.png

Exterior back, showing out building, patio with pergola and diving pool
    2UJbGok.png
    nhB49FU.png
    KIBw6N2.png
  • Options
    Your WIP is continuing to look very nice! @StSciurus :) Very nice office! The blinds look nice on the windows and the plants/flowers are nice touches in the corner nook. Very nice armchairs fireplace sitting nook for sims to chat in front of the fire. The train looks great on the fireplace ledge! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The suspended pool patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy playing chess at the table there, or enjoy quietly meditating on the stool in the sunshine. Very nice armchairs and sofa seat sitting nook on the patio. The greenery covered trellis outdoors dining pergola is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there and eating the food in the outdoors air at the table. Nice hot tub patio for sims to enjoy relaxing in the tub. Very nice pool patio where sims can have fun diving into and swimming in the pool . The plants look nice placed on the edges of the patio and are nice touches of green there.
    The build is looking great! :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @StSciurus I know you posted your first WIP here, but I wanna say welcome to this thread! :)

Sciurian Ultra Modern looks very fantastic! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, looks very complex with some cantilevered feel and with some amazing stilts. The curved balcony looks very cool too! Your pergola is very pretty and I love the patio area. I saw your interior shots, love the color scheme and it's sleekness!
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your finished build! :smiley: Thank you again for posting your WIP here! :)

@Nellythekidd Welcome to my WIP thread! :)

Your apartment WIP looks very good! :)
    The architecture looks very nice, The flower boxes and the customized awning using a roofing tool looks great and creative! I also saw the balconies at the back which looks perfect and even the playground, where kids can enjoy playing outside!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Awesome WIP @StSciurus ! Looking forward to the finished build. :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow @RyeCris16 and @pronterus for your kind comments!
  • Options
    So I have nearly finished Sciurian Ultra Modern. There will probably be a few more tweaks here and there. Mostly I just have to play test it now to make sure everything works. Here are some landscape images:

nQTelyt.png
    s7CN7ps.png
    PcwJvk6.png
    Lvkgvut.png
    t0iEa9L.png
  • Options
    The outdoors areas of your build look very nice! @StSciurus :) Very nice outdoors sitting nook! The water fountain sculpture and the cactus rock garden looks very nice! Nice gardening area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes. The tall trees look very nice on the edge of the lot. The bonsai tree and the round dome water feature near the front door are very nice for Sims to see when coming to enter the home. The hedge fencing looks very nice how you have placed it in the build. The bamboo trees on the corner of the build look restful.
    I hope that your play testing of the build goes well :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @StSciurus Love the update of your WIP! :smiley:
    The landscaping looks very beautiful! Love how you did with the fountains at the deck and event the fountain from the topiary pic.
    Really can't wait for the finished build! Thank you again for sharing your WIP update! :smiley:

As for mine, I can finally share you my new WIP! :smiley: This was supposed to be shared last Monday, but because of RL problems, it didn't. So, here we go! :)

This next project is a Valentine's day home. Valentine's Day is 13 days away, but I'm almost done in interior! I just need to figure out how to landscape it. This one is a Southern-styled cottage with a wrap-around porch. The interior is more on modern/contemporary.

By the way, here are my pics:
    xUG1qiC.png
    mJWGR2H.png

My only problem is actually, I have no idea about Southern styles. :flushed: I just looked at the gallery even on house plans, so I got an inspiration. And the only question is: Does anyone think it looks Southern style to you?

Thank you and happy day/night! :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Awesome Valentine's Day WIP @RyeCris16 ! Which reminds me, I need to think of a build for Valentine's as well!
  • Options
    Your Valentine's Day home looks so very nice! @RyeCris16 :) The exterior design of the home looks so very nice! Very nice roofing! The dormers look very pretty with the hearts on them and the flower box windows. The red and white colour scheme of the exterior gives a very nice look to the home! The wraparound porch looks great! The spandrels look very nice there. The greenery is a nice touch on the exterior walls.
    The home is a very nice southern styled home I will look forward to seeing the finished build! :)
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »
    Awesome Valentine's Day WIP @RyeCris16 ! Which reminds me, I need to think of a build for Valentine's as well!

Thanks @pronterus! *bro hugs* :smiley: But I need to wait and hope for more Valentine's day building items. This heart bear sculpture from last year's patch seems lacking to me unfortunately! :\ Anyways, can't wait to see your Valentine's Day build too! :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your Valentine's Day home looks so very nice! @RyeCris16 :) The exterior design of the home looks so very nice! Very nice roofing! The dormers look very pretty with the hearts on them and the flower box windows. The red and white colour scheme of the exterior gives a very nice look to the home! The wraparound porch looks great! The spandrels look very nice there. The greenery is a nice touch on the exterior walls.
    The home is a very nice southern styled home I will look forward to seeing the finished build! :)

Thank you dear @rosemow! You are very so lovely with your comments from the WIP to the finished project! :blush: Hope you're still doing well! *super hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Thank you again @rosemow for your continuing kindness. <3

And thank you, @RyeCris16 ! Your Valentine' Day house is charming—love the hearts on the dormers, and the overall architecture seems very inviting. Can't wait to see the layout. As for whether it looks Southern or not, as it happens, I am visiting the South (North Carolina) right now. The houses here don't look all that different from anywhere else I've been on the East Coast or Midwest. The wraparound porch is a great feature and probably typical of Southern homes. Unless you're building a plantation home (which is something else entirely!) I'd guess that the landscaping will be what really gives your house a Southern character—a weeping willow and a nice water feature, for example. Anyway, it's lovely so far! :)

Update: I finished play testing Sciurian Ultra Modern and uploaded it to the gallery.
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • Options
    StSciurus wrote: »
    And thank you, @RyeCris16 ! Your Valentine' Day house is charming—love the hearts on the dormers, and the overall architecture seems very inviting. Can't wait to see the layout. As for whether it looks Southern or not, as it happens, I am visiting the South (North Carolina) right now. The houses here don't look all that different from anywhere else I've been on the East Coast or Midwest. The wraparound porch is a great feature and probably typical of Southern homes. Unless you're building a plantation home (which is something else entirely!) I'd guess that the landscaping will be what really gives your house a Southern character—a weeping willow and a nice water feature, for example. Anyway, it's lovely so far! :)

Update: I finished play testing Sciurian Ultra Modern and uploaded it to the gallery.

@StSciurus - You're very welcome and thanks also for the comment on my Valentine's build, and even the advise about Southern styles! :) Actually, I'm still not knowledgeable enough about different building styles. I just took a look on Google or even at the gallery. I also just browsed plantation, it only fits on Colonial styles unfortunately, since it was a cottage. Ahh, landscaping, I should definitely add in this build too! But anyways, thanks again, much appreciated! *bro hugs* :smiley:

Also, I see that you finished your WIP too! I'll be over on your thread soon! :smiley:
  • Options
    Inspired by @Nellythekidd 's wonderful collection of townhouses, I thought I would try to build a set of New York style brownstone townhouses. I've mostly finished the exterior:

Jip1xWP.png
    R2NL4UI.png
    ifVvt7w.png

In this last image, I've been experimenting with ivy growing up the side of the brick. Because of the tall foundation, it doesn't look all that good growing up from the ground (which is what it should do), so I've disguised the bottom of the ivy with some bushes. I'm not sure that's the best solution. Anyone have other ideas?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @StSciurus How about the dark green hedge? I think it might just be tall enough. I often have that struggle with the ivy, but I usually have it coming from everywhere ;) Technically I think you could MOO it on there (using alt as well), but that might by a very difficult thing to do because it probably snaps up to the wall as opposed to sticking on the foundation. Besides, it will dissappear when you place the lot on a different lot without the cheat or when building/altering a basement. You could also use MOO to stack up two hedges, that will sure be high enough, but it necessitates the activation of the cheat when placing the lot in world (as the second hedge is unsupported and would go back to ground level if the cheat isn't activated). That's all I can come up with now - I've got a bit of building planned for tonight, so maybe I'll run into a good idea while in build mode ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    @StSciurus How about the dark green hedge? I think it might just be tall enough. I often have that struggle with the ivy, but I usually have it coming from everywhere ;) Technically I think you could MOO it on there (using alt as well), but that might by a very difficult thing to do because it probably snaps up to the wall as opposed to sticking on the foundation. Besides, it will dissappear when you place the lot on a different lot without the cheat or when building/altering a basement. You could also use MOO to stack up two hedges, that will sure be high enough, but it necessitates the activation of the cheat when placing the lot in world (as the second hedge is unsupported and would go back to ground level if the cheat isn't activated). That's all I can come up with now - I've got a bit of building planned for tonight, so maybe I'll run into a good idea while in build mode ;)

Thank you for these ideas! I've already used the MOO cheat and the alt key to place the ivy. The problem I have is that when the ivy comes up from the ground, the jutting top of the foundation shows through the ivy, making it look like the ivy is cut in half. It was suggested that I make the ivy bigger, and I haven't tried that yet. That might make the ivy dense enough to cover the jutting edge of the foundation. I had forgotten the problem, though, of using MOO when others place your lot. I may just end up scrapping the ivy entirely and rely on other landscaping! :D
  • Options
    cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »

Thank you for these ideas! I've already used the MOO cheat and the alt key to place the ivy. The problem I have is that when the ivy comes up from the ground, the jutting top of the foundation shows through the ivy, making it look like the ivy is cut in half. It was suggested that I make the ivy bigger, and I haven't tried that yet. That might make the ivy dense enough to cover the jutting edge of the foundation. I had forgotten the problem, though, of using MOO when others place your lot. I may just end up scrapping the ivy entirely and rely on other landscaping! :D

You could create a temporary mini room where the ivy is supposed to cover the foundation and use a different kind of foundation there to stop the top from cutting it in half.
    ccBcpyk.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top