Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited December 2015
    A Christmas without snow is such a very lovely and pretty home! :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! Very nice roofing on the home! The patterning and texture of the exterior walls looks nice. The planter box windows and the wreaths on the windows look very nice. Very nice outdoors areas! The hedging plant and bonsai water fountain in the front courtyard looks very nice! The type of fencing used in the build looks very nice, The sunken pool is very nice! The water fountains going into look very nice! Very nice roof covered hot tub gazebo! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub. Nice gardening nook area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes and planters. Very nice outdoors kitchen and dining area beside the back patio,The furnishing of the interior of the home looks so very, very nice! Each room and area of the home looks so nice! The Christmas furnishing items look so pretty in the rooms through the home! The festive garlands, the wall wreaths and the Christmas tres are very touches in the rooms! The mooing is used so very well to create very nice looks in the rooms! Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy sitting on the armchairs in front of the fire reading a book, or enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The silvery Christmss tree looks pretty there for sims to see when sitting there. Very nice living room! The Christmas tree corner nook looks very nice with the presents, toys and heart teddy around the base of it. Sims will enjoy resting on the seating there, listening to the piano being played, kept warm by the fireplace. The design of the kitchen is so very nice! Very nice placement of the kitchen cabinets! The breakfast nook is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the table eating a meal with sunshine coming in through the windows. The red flowers are a nice touch on the dining table.The furnishing of the hearth room is so very nice! The bookcases look nice how they are placed there. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst sitting resting on the green seating, watching tv and reading a book from the bookcase. They will enjoy the nice aroma of the incense in the room whilst sitting there. Sims will have fun playing the llama table top game in the skills room or enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table. The tools wall decor look great on the woodwork wall. It is nice that there is a meditation room for sims to enjoy quietly meditating on the stool or enjoy doing yoga on the mat. The wall of candles is restful there. Very nice dining room! The red and brown wall paneling looks very nice. The Christmas tree in the corner of the room is pretty for sims to see when dining there. Each of the bedrooms look so very nice! Very nice creatively designed walk in clothes closets in the bedrooms! The colour schemes of the bedrooms looks very nice! Very pretty pink colour scheme and furnishing of the girls bedroom! Very nice master suite! The fireplace area is very nice! The candles look pretty on the fireplace ledge. Sims will enjoy resting there reading a book and watching tv. Very nice window study desk area for sims to enjoy using the computer with sunlight coming in through the windows. The curtained windows looks very nice! The vanity table and sinks nook in the bath room is very nice! The Christmas tree in the loft is very nice! The playhouse looks so very great! It is a very cute place for child sims to have lots of fun playing with the toys there, playing the llama table top game and doing artwork on the art table ! The red and green colour scheme of the interior of the playhouse looks very festively nice. The teddies in the room look cute! The exterior of the playhouse is very nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    When can I move in?, Your house is beautiful! <3
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @jenny0786, thank you so much for the wonderful comments! I'm so glad you're happy with it. :blush:

@soocoolsim, thank you for stopping by for a peek and for your lovely comment! :relaxed:

@rosemow, thank you for your awesome review, Rose! Very much appreciated. :)<3

@midnightpearl, Lol, thank you for the kind comment! It was based off a floor plan only and it really has a nice layout. Wouldn't mind having this home for myself either, lol. :p
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    Looks like it will be a Christmas without snow for me this year too! Its been so warm. This house still looks very cozy and nicely decorated. Its a great option for anyone who lives in a warmer climate but likes the Christmas decor. The inside is lovely also, looks realistic. Nice work :smile:
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,020 Member
    Christmas Without Snow is an amazing build with so much wonderful detail, all very beautifully decorated and I absolutely adore the playhouse, so cute :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Soooooo beautiful!!! Absolutely stunning, Ms Cath. ♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! So detailed and so beautiful! Love it Cath! Already added to my favourites! Happy Holidays to you and your family! Hugs <3
  • Options
    @SpecterCody, thank you for the kind comments! It seems like it's pretty warm everywhere, this year. I have to admit that I don't miss the cold, one teeny bit, lol. :p I'm lovin this warm trend so much, that I don't even mind not having a white Christmas! :blush:

@masajo, thank you for stopping by and for your lovely words! Very much appreciated. :relaxed:

@Cassee, thank you for the awesome comment! I really wish we had more trees and shrubs without flowers, for a Fall-ish or Winter-ish look... Thankfully we got those cool lighted trees with the Christmas pack! I don't know how I could have pulled off the landscaping without them. Here's hoping for MORE, MORE, MORE!! :D

@yanti68, it's wonderful to see you back! Thank you for the very nice comment and fave, AND for the holiday wishes! I hope you and your family have wonderful holidays, also! Hugs :blush:<3
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Merry Christmas dear Cath! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday with your friends and having a great start to 2016! :smiley:

A Christmas Without Snow is a grand and gorgeous build! :smiley: Love the name too, LOL! :p
    I really like your architecture, so charming and love that Tudoric feel! The architecture is very complex and you managed to make the roofing looked wonderful! Your landscaping is so superb! Lovely gardens and the trees looks so cozy as well! Love the curved hedges out front. And your interior, really gorgeous! Love the Christmas decors you used, so festive! Each of them are very wonderfully designed and furnished! Your MOO ideas are so inspiring as well!
    I really love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Night Before Christmas 4br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $283,557
    No CC

Gallery Link

All decorated and ready for Christmas, this home has three fully furnished floors for a big family. The main floor has the kitchen, dining area, living room, study and a half bath. The second floor has a master bedroom, girls room, boys room, nursery and full bath. The basement has a fun rec room, playroom, gym, hobby/skills room and full bath. Includes Base game only and free Christmas pack.

12-20-15_12-39-47nbspPM_zpsq0z223sd.png
    12-20-15_2-27-53nbspPM_zpsyxhhxiwp.png
    12-20-15_12-38-47nbspPM_zpsl2ombj3y.png
    12-20-15_12-38-39nbspPM_zps8n0hp6wn.png
    12-20-15_12-38-31nbspPM_zpsr7wle8dv.png
    12-20-15_12-38-21nbspPM_zpsu8khekg7.png

Stepping inside the front entry with the kitchen at the back, study off the kitchen and living room to the right of the entryway:

12-20-15_12-37-22nbspPM_zps2kkigym1.png
    12-20-15_12-36-33nbspPM_zpsdiu4tqak.png
    12-20-15_12-34-14nbspPM_zpsrngcehhu.png
    12-20-15_12-29-21nbspPM_zpsfyrzrfeh.png
    12-20-15_12-29-08nbspPM_zpsmxhtnxyf.png
    12-20-15_12-36-52nbspPM_zpsjpuweryh.png
    12-20-15_12-37-09nbspPM_zpsmglinnqv.png

Heading upstairs:

12-20-15_12-37-48nbspPM_zpsjydqgz0r.png
    12-20-15_12-28-29nbspPM_zpszdn9laxh.png
    12-20-15_12-26-54nbspPM_zpsgdq3chrk.png
    12-20-15_12-26-36nbspPM_zpssyyylfwt.png
    12-20-15_12-25-57nbspPM_zpsgku65cj5.png
    12-20-15_12-25-47nbspPM_zpsshkmee3l.png
    12-20-15_12-27-23nbspPM_zpsnygjnu4c.png
    12-20-15_12-27-39nbspPM_zps4uiihkkv.png
    12-20-15_12-25-02nbspPM_zps90avtrsl.png
    12-20-15_12-25-15nbspPM_zpslegzfiem.png

The basement has a fun rec room for the family, kids play area, gym, hobby room and full bath:

12-20-15_12-21-29nbspPM_zpsdolv0do3.png
    12-20-15_12-22-43nbspPM_zpsgy6lbtcs.png
    12-20-15_12-23-17nbspPM_zpspqnjbl48.png
    12-20-15_12-24-01nbspPM_zpsfp6e1njf.png
    12-20-15_12-24-12nbspPM_zpsk0edozo3.png
    12-20-15_12-23-38nbspPM_zpsspgiej5v.png

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

12-20-15_1-35-31nbspPM_zpsp6ksvem1.png

• Options
    @RyeCris16, thank you so much for your very kind comments, my friend! I hope you and your family have Wonderful holidays! Hugs <3<3<3
  • Options
    Oooh! So adorable! Loving the holiday theme and the traditional Christmas colours! Fantastic! Already added to my favourites. <3
  • Options
    Night Before Christmas is very pretty! :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! The snowy white roofing is very nice! The red colour of the exterior looks very festive! The placement of the lights on the exterior look so very very nice! The wreath is a nice touch on the front roofing. The white light trees in the outdoors areas look so pretty! The flowers look very nice around the base of the trees. The Christmas tree in the front yard looks festive and is nice for sims to see when coming to the home. The roof covered front porchway looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The red and green colour scheme of the interior looks very festively nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The flowers on the table and the wreath and garland on the foyer wall are nice for sims to see when entering the home. Very nice kitchen and dining areas! The red walls and the white furnishings look very nice together. The fruit pictures are a nice touch on the stove wall. Nice island bar stool counter. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The roosters on the side table in the dining area and the rooster wall picture are nice homely touches for sims to see when enjoying eating a meal. Very nice light filled study room! The windows in the room look very great! Very nice windows study desk nook for sims to enjoy using the computer at the desk with sunshine coming in through the windows onto them. They will enjoy resting in the armchairs reading a book from the bookcase. The furnishing of the living room looks very nice! The placement and type of curtains and blinds used in the rooms through the home looks very nice. The Christmas tree alcove looks so pretty with the variety of colourful presents around the sides of it! It is a very nice sight for sims to see when relaxing on the sofas watching tv, warming up near the fire. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The wall patterns in the master bedroom and one of the single bed rooms looks very nice. Very nice armchair sitting areas in the bedrooms.The basement level is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofas having a drink from the bar, or have fun playing games on the card table. The bar and tv area is very nice! The drinks display shelves look nice on the bar and tvwall. The Christmas tree is pretty for sims to see whilst sitting there watching tv. The kids play room is very nice! Child sims will enjoy doing artwork on the art table, and enjoy sitting on the armchairs reading a book and have fun watching tv on their own penguin tv! It is nice that there are areas in the basement for sims to enjoy painting on the easel, do woodcrafting on the woodwork table and enjoy keeping fit using the treadmill.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,020 Member
    Night Before Christmas is a wonderful build, absolutely love the structure and all those lights outside create fantastic effects! The interiors are so beautifully decorated with lovely traditional colours :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Ooh! Seems you're having two Christmas builds too, eh? Haha! ;)

Night Before Christmas is a wonderful Holiday build! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, looks so cozy and festive! I love how you used the pool wall lights, making it as a lantern effect, and love the roofing too! Your landscaping is very pretty! Love the festive feel! The Christmas tree adds a wonderful festive touch on landscaping too! And your interior, so charming! Love the color scheme, very festive! And what's awesome is you achieved this with only base game and free Christmas contents in this build!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Another fabulous Christmas build, Ms Cath. LOVE ALL THE RED!! Just ooozes Christmas in each and every room. PERFECT!!♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Hi Cath! Your two new homes are wonderful! I love the big mansion, all the details are perfect. And the Christmas home is just so cute and I really love all the red, wonderful job! I hope you had a blessed Christmas and wish you a happy new year! :blush:
  • Options
    I hope everyone had Wonderful Holidays! I can't believe how quickly they go by. Now to work off some of that holiday weight, lol. :p

@yanti68, Thank you for the sweet comments and fave, Yanti. <3

@rosemow, Thank you for the lovely words, Rose. <3

@masajo, Thank you for your very kind comment, Masajo. <3

@RyeCris16, Thank you for your wonderful comments, Rye. Hope you had fun with your family on your vacation. <3

@Cassee, Thank you so much, Cassee. I forgot how much you love red, lol. Lots of that color during this season. :p<3

@vethesims, Thank you for your awesome words and holiday wishes, Vee. I hope you and your family enjoyed lovely holidays, also. <3
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Family Heritage 4br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $234,130
    No CC

Gallery Link

I loved the inspiration picture of this home when I saw it. It looked like one of those old rambling homes that had been added onto many times over the years. I started to build it back in the fall with hopes of having it done by Thanksgiving but didn't get a chance to finish it till after the Christmas holidays. :grimace:

01-04-16_12-09-05nbspPM_zpsrxakiqfw.png
    01-04-16_12-09-39nbspPM_zps6f0e5s8w.png
    01-04-16_12-06-37nbspPM_zpsf4kw3d0k.png
    01-04-16_12-02-46nbspPM_zpsmkgrni7w.png
    01-04-16_12-03-01nbspPM_zpso9egz9oh.png
    01-04-16_12-08-23nbspPM_zpsequlyelo.png
    01-04-16_12-08-03nbspPM_zps7pghubpw.png
    01-04-16_12-07-50nbspPM_zpswpr7flot.png
    01-04-16_11-54-27nbspAM_zpsko2k0ugo.png
    01-04-16_11-53-06nbspAM_zps3yr7wrfq.png
    01-04-16_11-52-47nbspAM_zpsot2mqlkc.png
    01-04-16_11-43-17nbspAM_zpsm4zeii0c.png
    01-04-16_11-42-31nbspAM_zpsvnnezufm.png
    01-04-16_11-38-50nbspAM_zpsm09qxn0s.png
    01-04-16_11-36-53nbspAM_zpsvglwzzfq.png

I have a lot more interior pictures in the slideshow but I am STILL not able to put them into custom order and that is driving me CRAZY! I have contacted photobucket and they admit that some customers are having trouble with this. They say they have their team working on it but I'm not so sure. It's been at least a month.... If it doesn't get resolved soon, I will be Forced to find another image host site but I hope it doesn't come to that...

EDIT: Big Thanks to @LionessInMN and @RyeCris16 (from an earlier date for trying to give me this same advise) for their advice on how to "fix" my problem with photobucket. :smiley: My pics are now in order, if anyone would like to have a peek at the SLIDESHOW

Thanks for stopping in for a look! :blush:

GOODNIGHT!

01-04-16_11-30-45nbspAM_zpslvwuxvq7.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    I love that house! So charming and I also love how you add shelves with items on them. I just noticed your comment about photobucket and wanted to let you know I have that problem too. How I got around it was with file names. I name my pictures 1. Street view, 2. Side view, 3. Kitchen, etc. Then, I found after you upload them, there is an option to sort them by file name. Not as easy as custom sort should be, but I at least can get them in the order I want them.
  • Options
    Family Heritage is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The layout of the build is so very nice! Very nice roofing in the build! The dormers, the awnings and the stone texture of the exterior look very nice! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build. The open gate looks great! The flowers look nice placed along the edges of the fencing. The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice backyard outdoors dining and bar area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there and eating the food at the table in the sunshine. They will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meals. Nice harvestable garden nook for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stump seats around the firepit toasting food and keeping warm. The treehouse building is very great! Child sims will enjoy doing artwork on the art table there.Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice green and brown colour scheme of the living areas. The living room is very nice! The green colour of the seating complements with the wall panelling. It looks nice how there are two armchairs either sides of the sofa. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv and reading books from the bookcases, warming up near the fire and listeming to music from the gramophone. The family photos on the wall and the candles and books on the coffee table are nice homely touches . The bookcases look very nice placed either sides of the window in the room. The kitchen is very nice! The texture of the walls gives a great look and feel to the room! The type of counters and cabinets complements with the walls. The placement of the shelves on the wall at different levels and in a diagonal direction look great! The kitchen themed items are nice home touches on the shelves in the room. Nice eat in dining area for sims to enjoy eating a meal there at the table. The flower curtains look nice on the windows. The stove looks great in the corner nook area for the room. It is nice that there is an island workbench. The wall clock, teapot on the stove, and knives , scales and spice set on the counters are nice touches there. The furnishing of the bedrooms are very nice. Very nice colour schemes of the bedrooms!
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath The The night before Christmas is very cute build. Christmas without Snow is a wonderful family home the decor is superb and beautifully decorated for the festive season. :) I love the architecture of Family Heritage you can see that the families that have live there have left their own mark on the lovely home. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    It looks absolutely amazing! I love the architecture! The garden is so pretty! Love the kitchen/diner inside. Very cosy and inviting house! Will be adding to my favourites if I haven't already. <3
  • Options
    @LionessInMN, thank you for both your lovely comment and for the advice for photobucket! I am not the most savvy person when it comes to anything to do with computers and I didn't even know we could rename our pictures while they were still in the screen shot folder. :neutral: I just tried it with my next build and it worked Beautifully. Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:

@rosemow, thank you for your lovely words, Rose! :blush:<3

@follyfoot, thank you Folly! That's exactly how I felt about Family Heritage. It looks like it's been around forever and had lots of additions over the years. The real life photos were so inspiring, I had lots of fun building it. :blush:

@yanti68, thank you Yanti! I've been kind of hiding in my shell lately... Winter doldrums... This is truly the worst time of year, as far as I'm concerned. Too cold, dark, snowy and boring. Thankfully we have our sims to entertain us, lol :p
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Yay! I am glad it worked for you. I was also very frustrated with photobucket until I figured that out