Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Awww. After seeing @Carewren123 list I wish I'd been able to get mine down to the word limit. Oh well there's always other months.

It's okay, ineligible entry buddy. :heart: I'm in the same boat :lol:

Aw. I wish I had come up with the idea in the first couple of months, so that you two (any everyone else who has participated) had a superlative too. But I'm sure you both will compete in the future. I plan on doing this from now on. :)

Also thanks for reminding me that I still need to read you stories.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    (By the way, @Carewren123 your "superlative" choices were great! I don't think I could come up with such creative ones if I tried :lol:)

Hehe. I didn't think mine were particularly creative. I thought about coming up with really goofy or clever or witty ones, but that would have taken me forever.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Awww. After seeing @Carewren123 list I wish I'd been able to get mine down to the word limit. Oh well there's always other months.

Aw. I wish I had come up with the idea in the first couple of months, so that you two (any everyone else who has participated) had a superlative too. But I'm sure you both will compete in the future. I plan on doing this from now on. :)

@Carewren123 Mine can be found on my blog. I believe the section is called side stuff :)

• Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Ooh yay! I got Best Moral and Best set I'm extremely excited to enter a story for November!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member

Yes, I'm a little bummed haha not so much about the superlative thing, just the lack of discussion in general the first two months (which wasn't you or anything, don't misunderstand! Just the thread in general)

Speaking of discussion, I'm so busy tonight and the first part of tomorrow but hopefully I can sit down and write some thoughts about each story (and maybe come up with my own superlatives :tongue:)

And my story is on my short story blog if you get a chance to read it :)

And I'm still indecisive about my story for November :lol: but hopefully I'll come up with something in time!

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Yes, I'm a little bummed haha not so much about the superlative thing, just the lack of discussion in general the first two months (which wasn't you or anything, don't misunderstand! Just the thread in general)

Speaking of discussion, I'm so busy tonight and the first part of tomorrow but hopefully I can sit down and write some thoughts about each story (and maybe come up with my own superlatives :tongue:)

And my story is on my short story blog if you get a chance to read it :)

And I'm still indecisive about my story for November :lol: but hopefully I'll come up with something in time!

Well... we can still go back and talk about August and September! That would be fun, in fact! Remember how awesome @putacece4lyfe 's September entry was? I want to give it some kind of superlative!

Maybe as we run into quiet spells we can look back and be sure each story gets recognized for its strengths and originality!

And how incredible it is that we can honestly say for every single entry that each one displays such talent, skill, care, and unique storytelling! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    edited November 2015
    Whoa.. I'm so late. So not only do we place but we get superlatives now? That's interesting and it does suc(k) for pass submissions ( @CathyTea I would so love a superlative from you and thank you.) But oh well there are still others. I'm sad I couldn't participate in October. I actually had an idea for October already planned out... but school never allowed me the time. I was thinking of doing the October submission anyway and putting it on my blog with a notice saying late October Submission but I don't know if it's necessary. I'll definitely participate at the end of this month. I have 2 more weeks of school! I already have an idea and plot planned out for this month too. I plan to read everyone's stories when school is out. I know they're awesome!
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • Options
    Here are my October superlatives! :)

The Legend of Spooky Day - Best at Explaining Hidden Mysteries: I really want to learn more about this world, and this will change the way I read and understand all of @Pegasus143 's stories!
    First Halloween - Most Enduring: This story really got me to think about how our grandparents and parents become part of each family member. I feel so grateful that PeggySim is available to live in all of our games! And I feel honored that Munter shared this story with us so that we can join in remembering Peggy throughout the year, and especially on Halloween. (This one also earns Most Filled with Affection).
    My Story - Most Creative Mixing of Media: I loved the creative artwork in this--so scary!
    Evil Comes in Threes - Best Child Actress: Oh, Baby Penguin is amazing! She tells the scariest stories, she has such a great sense of humor, and I love how expressive she is!
    Revenge of the Lonely Witch - Best Coined New Word: "veg-curser"! AND Best Lesson in Rightful Living: Pure Summerfalls all the way! :)
    The Ghost of St. Martin's Hotel - Most Realistic: I loved that this popped me out of Simness and into San Francisco! LOL! When I think back on this story, I remember it almost as if it were a movie, not Sims. That's really entering into the imagination.
    Haunted House of Black Tricks - Best Crossover: This was so cool! It's really fun to see Sims we know and love in other stories show up in new ones. I always wonder, "How did they get onto another Simmer's computer?" LOL! (Your haunted house was amazing, too.)
    The Taunting of Tabitha Jones - Most Classical and Best Twist: I love this little masterpiece which read to me like a short story by Poe. I had to read the ending twice to get what had really happened, and figuring out the horror was so much fun!
    No Escape: Most Creepy Scary Yow - Oh! Shiver! I still can't think of this one unless I'm standing OUTside in the sunshine!
    The Vampire Of Willow Creek - Best Turnaround Ending: I really loved the ending of this story. It was so neat to see Aunty Vampire sitting at the campfire with the kids!
    The Stray: Most Intriguing Narrator: Ooooh! What a fun type of story! I'm so excited to read this whole series now. I really loved Papa Cat's story!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    So I am throwing in my superlatives for this month's entries, and as it sounds like no one would be all that bothered about reviving old submissions from the dead (zombie stories, scary!) I've just started reading the backlog of August and September submissions, so I can happily do so for those as I read them as well.

Also, I am not particularly a competitive person, I'm more interested in the rotating "themes" than anything else, so I still plan to try to go back and write short stories for August and September's themes myself sometime. I'm not exactly bothered it's, oh, considered "three months late", I'm more interested in just getting some practice in. I don't really see why anyone should feel discouraged to write on a certain theme because they missed the deadline. But maybe I'm the weird one...

Anyway, there is commenting to be done!

Wishing Makes It So by @CathyTea - Best Modern Day Fairytale : I'm sure that's probably not what the story set out to feel like, but that's how it felt to me; like it had the makings of a classic fairytale but set in a more modern and believable world. The little "princess" makes a wish that sends the "evil mother" away and immediately regrets it, leaving a sense of "careful what you wish for." And then it has the happy ending, those last few screencaps just getting all the feels out of me. As a Dislikes Children person myself, I couldn't help but feel a bit of sympathy for Mrs. Oh rather than dislike her. I'm glad things are on a better path for that family!

The Legend of Spooky Day by @Pegasus143 - Most Original Take on the Holiday Theme : I'm a fan of fantasy novels and I just loved how the origins of the holiday were explained using this whole fantastical world with this deep back story... and in such a small wordcount, too! Beautiful.

First Halloween by @munterbacon - Most Likely to Make You Cry While Shouting Daaaaaaaaaw At Your Computer Screen : This story absolutely punched me in the gut with the feels. It made me cry. Either I should feel ashamed to admit I might have the Over-Emotional trait, or this just goes to show how beautifully powerful the storytelling in this piece was (I'm not really Over-Emotional, am I? I'm going with the latter!) What a beautiful in memorium!

My Story by @picklesthecat114 - Most Nightmare-inducing Imagery to Appear in a Sims Story : That doll nearly made me wet myself. This was definitely very unique visually, and made me think very much of the surreal horror image found in survival horror video games like Silent Hill. So creepy, so uncomfortable, it definitely went for the "scary" theme head-on!

Evil Comes in Threes by @BBQPenguinWings - Most Likely to Make You Laugh Out Loud... A Lot : I will admit that I am a fan of fourth wall jokes, so this... yes. I was chuckling at the narration through the whole thing! Some of those lines are just hilarious, and it really does convey the over-the-top nature of a child telling a story. Not that, you know, I ever did such things when I was a kid... (*shifty eyes* Okay, so I may have "creatively improvised" the stories a bit to the pictures in picture books... but my family claims my stories were way better! I mean, I'm sure they weren't Baby P good, but...)

Revenge of the Lonely Witch by @SummerFalls - Most Terrifying Ending : You think she learned a valuable lesson and it's a happy ending, but oh no! No no no! What that man gets is a fate worse than death! *screams in horror at the thought of a world with terrible coffee* I read a lot of scary stories this month, but that ending... that ending! *shudders in horror at the thought* *might have a certain addiction to a particular beverage* By the way, can I just say I absolutely loved the design of the witch Sim? I thought she was so cute. (I love when characters are rocking glasses!)

The Ghost of St. Martin's Hotel by @ra3rei - Most True to Life : I'm a big ol' skeptic now, but as I mentioned in the comments on said story, I went through this big New Age/Supernatural phase in my life, during which I was part of a paranormal investigation group. Once, going through an old house near my town that was along the Oregon Trail that had been reported to have haunted activity, our whole group jumped out of our skivvies in the dark at this hissing sound as we passed through a hallway. What was that? The flashlights went up, and... there was an automatic air freshener installed on the wall, that had spritzed right as we'd passed by. We'd been scared at an air freshener. Pretty much all things supernatural have a perfectly natural explanation if one goes looking for it, it's the human fear of the unknown that creates that terror, and this story was just so good at capturing that!

Haunted House of Black Tricks by @KitDragonFlight - Most Amazing Set-building : I'll admit I haven't read D2D yet so the fact this was a crossover went right over my head (man, I feel like such an outsider over here, since I'm mostly on the other side of the pond, but I believe strongly in Operation Desegregation of the Stories and Legacies forums!) And yes, I too feel like since @CitizenErased14 is dropping out those updates so frequently lately at this point I may as well wait until it's finished, heh (I feel like I'm adding one to the Stories and Legacies Index everyday, which is amazing!) So for me, being out of the loop a bit, I just experienced this as a story of someone being subjected to a really terrifying haunted house (I've been through one myself, and would never do it again!), and I was absolutely blown away by the look of the haunted house! I was extremely creeped out by it! I would've fainted before I would've been able to get through that part with all the spiders... *shudders all over* I just absolutely loved it. It made me remember my own haunted house experience... and why I don't do them anymore! *laughs!*

The Taunting of Tabitha Jones by @sabreene - Best Use of Both Themes : Two themes are scarier than one, and I think this story really nailed getting both in there. It really felt like a classic horror movie. Teenagers being bullies, creepy rituals, supernatural twist... I really loved this! I can't help but wonder, when is the film adaptation coming out?

No Escape by @JulyVee94 - Best Imagery : I cannot gush enough about the screencaps in this one. From the first image I had the distinct feeling of being in a dream, with everything being in monochrome except for that splash of color here and there. Of course the words affirmed that for me, but wow, what a powerful image to get that across in one glance, without having to read a single bit of text! Everything just looked so eery and surreal, and it was gorgeous. Those tiny red eyes flashing behind the leaves, then you scroll down for that close up... *chills* It was an excellent story that really did capture the essense of a nightmare, and had a great ending as well, but those pictures were the icing on the cake for me.

The Vampire Of Willow Creek by @Spottydog714 - Best Line : "You might not be able to change your traits. But you can change you actions." So beautiful, and such a great moral. I think that one has to be up there on Jessica Rabbit's "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" level. It says a lot about how one can have what most consider "bad" or "undesirable" traits and yet still be a good person.

And I did read both your stories, @CitizenErased14 and @AuroraLockwood ! You know me, you dangle a short story in front of my face like a piece of cake on a cowplant tongue, and I'm going to have to take it. ^_~ (I have left comments on both your sites!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    @mastressalita I love all your superlatives! The themes and the personal challenge of writing for them is what hooked me, too. I say anyone that has an idea for a past theme should write it, I know I'd be interested to read it, no matter what the date!

Wishing Makes It So by @CathyTea - Best Modern Fairytale - I have to steal from mastressalita here, because that is exactly what I had written down! It had all the elements of a perfect fairytale, and I loved each moment: the girl's thoughts at the beginning, the witch, the wish, the realization, the ending! There's not one thing I would change in this story -- in fact, I think it would make a wonderful little children's book! My nieces would adore it!

The Legend of Spooky Day by @Pegasus143
    - Best Origin Tale - I loved this take on the origins of Halloween, and was so intrigued by the split worlds. Some of my favorite fantasy novels deal with split worlds, and the concept is something that really draws me to it. Also, this was such an original twist as to why Halloween developed!!

First Halloween by @munterbacon - Most Cunning Plan (or Most likely to make me laugh and cry at the same time) - This was so much fun to see, with all the simselves running around. I'm so happy to have gotten to take part in it as a little sim! So that part made me laugh. Then it is such a loving tribute, that it really touched me and made me feel like I got to know her just a little bit. Don't mind me, that's just a branch in my eye.

My Story by @picklesthecat114 - Most Likely to Give Me Nightmares - That doll! Ahhhh! I loved the use of other source materials to create the story, it was like a mixed media horror story! Once I saw the doll baby I had to scroll down carefully, I was afraid of what might be next!

Evil Comes in Threes by @BBQPenguinWings - Best Storyteller - Baby P should tell allllll stories! Some of the images with the lines had me laughing out loud. Not just, oh lol! But actually, laughing-scaring-the-cats-out-loud. I loved when she took over at the end, and her whole attitude!

Revenge of the Lonely Witch by @SummerFalls Best Lesson Learned - I loved this little witch! She was so adorable, and the way the animals came to her! (veg-curser, lol!) She just seemed so good and loved by the animals, that I was actually shocked when she killed the couple. I think I said, "oh no!" right out loud. I was so happy to read at the end she resurrected them! (and muahahhaha no coffee for the rest of his life! Poor soul!)

The Ghost of St. Martin's Hotel by @ra3rei - Most Realistic Story - I loved this story! I could relate so well. I'm a fairly logical person, which makes me rather skeptical... except in the middle of the night when my overactive imagination starts in with the what-ifs. I could so totally see this story happening! I remember it like I watched it, not like I read it!

Haunted House of Black Tricks by @KitDragonFlight
    Most Likely to Make Me Scream at the Computer Screen - NOooo Don't do it Mel! Go back! Don't go into the house! It's a trick! Also, most likely to give me flashbacks. I absolutely will not go into Haunted Houses. Nope. Never. Notgonnadoit.

No Escape by @JulyVee94 - Most Likely to Become an Urban Legend - The imagery in this really drew me in. It felt off balance, like a nightmare should. And with each frame, I was drawn further into it. By the last frame I think my eyes were like saucers. Not a story to read at night!

The Vampire Of Willow Creek by @Spottydog71 Most Unexpected Ending - When I started reading this, I did not expect for it to have such a happy ending!! I loved that line, about not being able to change your traits. Such a wonderful twist, and it really left me with a great feeling at the epilogue!

The Stray by @mastressalita - Best Characters (because ohmygosh cats!!!) - When I opened the link and found the cats were telling the story, you had me right there. (cat lady alert) And even though I knew the little cat had to get a happy ending (it had to!), I was on the edge of my seat listening along with the baby cat, to find out what happened to the poor little kitty! (also I read you were having technical difficulties getting the shots, so I'm very happy things behaved and the kitty was given a happy home!). I'm actually glad Sims4 doesn't have pets yet, or else all my sims would fall by the wayside as I made animals. People? What people? Look! animals!

And thank you @Carewren123 @mastressalita @CathyTea For my story superlatives! I appreciate your words so much!!
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited November 2015
    My Superlatives:

Quick Note - I loved every story, and I'm looking forward to November's entries!

Wishing Makes It So by @CathyTea : Best Morale: Loved the fact that Diana got her mum back, and that, eventhough she hated children, she grew to love her daughter like all other mums! It was so heart-warming! <3

The Legend Of Spooky Day by @Pegasus143 : Best Myth/Legend. Personally, I love fantasy and myths and legends, and the way it was written was perfect for the desired effect! Best myth/legend I've read in a long, long time. :D

First Halloween
    by @munterbacon : Most emotional. By that, I mean, it made me cry, :'( (it is incredibly hard for books/stories to make me cry!) and I love how it was dedicated to your Granny. Also, I loved the story it told!

My story by @picklesthecat114 : Best images/screenshots. They really added atmosphere to the story, and I could never make my screenshots as good as that! Awesome! :)

Evil Comes in Threes by @BBQPenguinWings : Best Story Teller. I loved the story teller, she was so cute! And I loved the relationship between her and the narrator! It was adorable! :)

Revenge Of The Lonely Witch
    by @SummerFalls Best Ending. I loved how she didn't follow through with her evil plan, and their was a happy ending! (I love happy endings!) Also, the animals. That just did it for me. A witch who loves animals! Great job! :p

Ghost Of St. Martins Hospital by @ra3rei Best Logical explanation: Sometimes, it's best when in the story, everything can be explained. Being a logical person myself, I don't believe in the supernatural, so the ending for me, was great! :)

Haunted House of Black Tricks by @KitDragonFlight : Best devotion to screenshots and gameplay. How long must it have taken you get that setting? How many sims did you kill? I could never have the patience to that, so good for you! (It really added to the story!)

Anyway, family calls, so I'll do the rest later!

:D

Later... (Edit)

The Taunting of Tabitha Jones by @sabreene : Easiest to relate to. We've all been there, sleepovers with friends, pranks and bullying. As I could relate to the main character, I really enjoyed reading it, and it really gripped me. Loved it! <3

No Escape by @Julyvee94 : Most Spooky. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through, and I don't scare easily. Definitely deserved Second place!

The Vampire Of Willow Creek
    by ME! Instead of giving it a superlative, I'm going to thank you all for voting for me (if you did) and for the superlatives you gave me. I really appreciate that, and those who won totally deserved it. Again, a massive THANK YOU! and a massive CONGRATS! to those who won.

The Stray
    by @mastressalita : Cutest and most adorable! What can I say? I love cats and the story had me squealing and Aww...ing at the cuteness of it all. I love how it was narrated by the cats, and that, for me, made it my one of my favorites! I just love cats way to much! ^_^ :D

Loved all the entries, and, again, am looking forward to reading whatever stories you're all cooking up inside your brains!

Post edited by Spottydog714 on
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Congratulations to the winners! Well done, @CathyTea, @Julyvee94, and @ra3rei! :)

*ninjapig throws confetti and gets ready to pop open champagne*

qfDVG5f.jpg
  • Options
    @eXokamikaze - It looks like baby pig is saying, "Where's the twuffles?"

• Options
    edited November 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @eXokamikaze - It looks like baby pig is saying, "Where's the twuffles?"

"They aren't in the bottle!" *sadface* ( . . )
    Post edited by eXokamikaze on
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    sabreene wrote: »
    Evil Comes in Threes by @BBQPenguinWings - Best Storyteller - Baby P should tell allllll stories! Some of the images with the lines had me laughing out loud. Not just, oh lol! But actually, laughing-scaring-the-cats-out-loud. I loved when she took over at the end, and her whole attitude!

"No one puts Baby in the corner!"

So, can Storytime With Baby P be a thing? I think this needs to be a thing. Like how @CitizenErased14 's "The First Night" spawned "(Para)Normal Neighborhood." It could be like one of those edutainment reading shows ala Reading Rainbow, even more awesome, because it has Baby P as a host instead of LaVar Burton. Maybe she could read the touching children's classic "Wishing Makes It So" on the first episode!

*somehow finds this far too amusing and will stop now*
    Wishing Makes It So by @CathyTea - Best Modern Fairytale - I have to steal from mastressalita here, because that is exactly what I had written down!

Hahaha, oh good, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that got those feels then!
    My Story by @picklesthecat114 - Most Likely to Give Me Nightmares - That doll! Ahhhh! I loved the use of other source materials to create the story, it was like a mixed media horror story! Once I saw the doll baby I had to scroll down carefully, I was afraid of what might be next!

That doll... it's like, you can never unsee it... *shudders*
    Haunted House of Black Tricks by @KitDragonFlight Most Likely to Make Me Scream at the Computer Screen - NOooo Don't do it Mel! Go back! Don't go into the house! It's a trick! Also, most likely to give me flashbacks. I absolutely will not go into Haunted Houses. Nope. Never. Notgonnadoit.

On the same page as you entirely with haunted houses... Did it once, never, ever again... *recoils at the memory*

Thank you everyone for the kind words on "The Stray." It is a bit of a spin-off of my Cat Chronicles story, which is told through the eyes of a cat, Shadow (the papa cat in the short story), who lives with an elderly widowed Sim with a touch of late-onset dementia (as represented by her Absentminded trait), Rose. To be perfectly honest, not a lot happens in it as far as a "plot," but then, sometimes the most interesting thing to happen in a cat's day is finding a new rug to get fur all over. I like to think of it as more of a "dessert read"... it's sweet but not particularly filling, hahaha. It really is mostly of the "cute cats doing cute things" variety. But the fact so many people have said they have an interest in checking it out, when my site doesn't exactly get much (any?) traffic at all really warms my heart. You guys are the sweetest. <3

And yes, I did run into some technical troubles that almost led to very unhappy ending to that story, and I couldn't have that, not with cute kittens involved! I think the more my game crashed, the more tenaciously I had to hunt down the problem and fix it, because I'm stubborn like that, heh. But ya, in the end I was finally able to get the second half of the screenshots so White Kitten got a happy ending. What a gloomy turn of events that would've been if the last picture I'd managed was him running into the dreary distance of Midnight Hollow...

"And...?"

"And that's it. He became a stray tom just like your father was before the wrinkly one took him out of the animal prison. Now go to bed!"

"But... but... if he goes to animal prison, will he get a home too?"

"Uh, sure! Sure he did! That's exactly what happened, in fact! Now go to bed!"

And that little pig with the champagne is so cute! I can't have champagne because of my Daily Chronic Headache Disorder, so... can I just have the piglet instead? ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @mastressalita ninjapig says you can get all the cuddles you want. :) ( . . ) <3
  • Options
    Yay! I'm so happy to see others participating in the discussion this month. Doesn't this make it more fun? Thank you to everyone who has joined in!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    When does the current challenge end?
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    MarkHarris17MarkHarris17 Posts: 537 Member
    When does the current challenge end?
    @picklesthecat114 At the end of the month.
    Shelly Mellow Maxis
    Madden Maxis
    Riles Maxis
    Harris Maxis
    Hunger Games Modeling Comp
    [img][/img]ezgif.com-gif-maker_zpsjrmqrvoc.gif
    Last one made by me [my handwriting is bad on computers!]
    Thanks to the talented @Cbear13 for making these!

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    These are my superlatives :) Everyone's stories were so unique and creative I loved reading them all. And again a HUGE thanks to everyone who voted for my story. I can't believe I made it to second place! This is really exciting and moving for me :)

Wishing Makes It So by @CathyTea (1st place)
    Best family life moral
    In this story the child who fights with her mother/doesn't like her makes a wish that she regrets later. I think many people can relate here. Often you have family troubles or a fight with your sibling in which you say things you regret later. And in the end the girl and the mother learn to accept each other's flaws and that you can't choose your family but you can choose how you treat them. I loved that moral!

The Legend of Spooky Day by @Pegasus143
    Best Storytelling
    I loved the way Pegasus told this story legend/myth style! It really sounded like something a grandma or a grandpa would tell their grandchildren. And the alternate world was described so well through the legend!

First Halloween by @munterbacon
    Most Heart-Warming
    I literally Awwww'ed at that and had tears in my eyes at the same time. Your granny seems like such an amazing person and I loved how you dedicated the story to her. Of course all the little simselves were so cute too!

My Story by @picklesthecat114
    Scariest images
    Wow, this was reaaaaally creepy. And the way you incorporated sims with other pictures was great. I really wouldn't want to read this story late at night! Very fitting for the theme too.

Evil Comes in Threes by @BBQPenguinWings
    Best Actors
    Baby P and Ninjapig? Who could ever beat that! I would also say Best fourth wall break! I loved the way Baby P and Wings told the story and when Ninjapig came in you won me over completely! It was also so funny and Baby P's lines were the best.

Revenge of the Lonely Witch by @SummerFalls
    Best reallife/supernatural crossover
    I mean I can relate to break up pain and the feeling of betrayal. It's something we experience in real life. At the same time the story was supernatural with the protagonist being a witch and all. It was great to see how "supernaturals" have the same feelings that we lame humans have. What I especially liked about this story was that the witch still got her revenge in the end and that the fairy didn't talk her out of it - that would have been a bit boring. So eternal bad coffee it is! xD

The Ghost of St. Martin's Hotel by @ra3rei (3rd Place)
    Most Relatable
    I mean don't many of us run up the stairs of the basement after turning off the lights? Or lie awake at night because of cracking floors and hissing winds? I do sometimes. And I'm a very rational person! I could relate to the protagonist so well! When you are in the mindset everything can seem scary even if there's a totally rational explaination.

Haunted House of Black Tricks by @KitDragonFlight
    Scariest real-life experience
    Hm it's hard for me to explain how this superlative differs from "most-relatable" but I'll try. In ra3rei's story the protagonists really thought there was something supernatural going on, while in this story everyone knew it was "only" a haunted house Mel was going through, where everything is setup and nothing is actually real. Still it was super scary! I would have died with the spiders. Great one!

The Taunting of Tabitha Jones by @sabreene
    Best use of the themes
    This story combined our two themes perfectly! Halloween party and it was super scary. I also loved how you let us think there was a rational explaination but in the end there was still a ghost involved! So the ending was still pretty scary. Yikes!

The Vampire Of Willow Creek by @Spottydog714
    Best evil-good twist
    I was on the edge of my seat reading this story - so scary at the beginning! But when the vampire said she only wanted love I was like awwwww. This twist really got me! So the ending was a good one!

The Stray by @mastressalita
    Cutest characters
    I mean, cats?! My god they were so cute. And the story was intriguing too! Well done! I really had hoped for a happy ending with this one :)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Carewren123 Here's my November entry: Long Ways from Home
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Carewren123 Here's my November entry: Long Ways from Home

I'm so excited to read these! I'm stumbling over my own entry again this month... which means I need to finish it before I read others!

• Options
    I added yours @picklesthecat114

And I'm about to add your @Pegasus147

E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Wow. Thank you guys so much. I am so glad that you all love Baby P and her sassy voice!
    @CathyTea @Carewren123 @sabreene @Spottydog714 @mastressalita

She and Arabella Acevedo (Model Behavior) are my favorite little girls to write for. I am so happy to hear that y'all found her so funny.
    She actually has her own series on the blog I do with CT and Raerei https://simselfadventures.wordpress.com/the-adventures/penguin-posse/

if y'all are interested.

Okay here are mine.

First Halloween by @Munterbacon- Most Tissues Used -This story was so very sweet and made me cry quite a bit. What a beautiful way to honor a loved one and making her available for all of us to experience her love of halloween, her tricks, and her goofball nature is a beautiful idea for her to live on.

The Stray by @mastressalita-Most AWWWW anything for my kitty POV is a winner in my book they're so cute I love the story and I love how excited the little kittens were they needed to know the ending and if the little kitty was okay. So cute!!

And I totally agree with everyone else's. The scary, the fairytale, the classic. We had some of everything in October!