Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2015
    EA/Maxis is not going to get any more money out of me.Since almost every packs their had put out so far to date is party theme in one way or another. I'm happy to be able to play Sims 2 and 3,Sims Castaway Stories. Now If I can just removes Origin from my pc.
    Post edited by crockatail on
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    EA/Maxis is not going to get any more money out of me.Since almost every packs their had put out so far to date is party theme in one way or another. I'm happy to be able to play Sims 2 and #,Sims Castaway Stories. Now If I can just removes Origin from my pc.

I myself don't trust Origin, and I do not trust EA either

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Yes, I am beyond angry reading that interview.
    GC: So what are your medium and short term priorities for The Sims 4 at the moment? I was trying to check last night, and you still don’t have toddlers?
    RF: No.
    GC: Is that something that’s going to come later, in maybe the next expansion? Since that is one of the main things fans are still asking for.
    RF: You know, our fans ask for a lot of things! [laughs] And here’s the thing, we look at a lot of different factors. We look absolutely at things that are being said in public forums. We also have groups of fans coming in, but we
    also have telemetry to tell us what people are actually playing with and using.
    GC: It almost reminds me of a Kickstarter project, where you have all these ideas and demands coming in and you have to push back against some of them.
    RF: I think it gets factored in. I would say it’s less of a push back and more of a,’How are we taking that into account and weighing it against all the other influences?’
    GC: So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?
    RF: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.
    And I want to make sure that all of those voices are considered when people are thinking about whether or not we’ve included the right things. Because we do, we take it very seriously about whether or not we’re approaching all of those different play styles. We take it just as seriously as the players do that are asking for the things that they want.
    GC: I guess you’re not going to answer the question of how many more expansions there are to come?
    RF: You know what, all I have to say is that The Sims 3 lasted for five years of content and still has lots and lots of fans. We have been improving and growing and building on The Sims 4 month after month after launch, and we will continue to do that until it doesn’t make sense.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/#ixzz3ljsqaPsM

Yes Rachel, but our play style is woefully inadequate. But you still keep pushing the other players content and won't even address us. An absolute disgrace.

This interview just made me angry at myself for even buying anything TS4 related. It was such a slap in the face, such "haha, you let us trick you into believing we care one bit or we know what we did wrong".
    I know that a lot of it is just marketing talk, like the thing about open worlds. Of course, they didn't remove it to make it feel more personal or whatever she was blabbering there, but because it would have taken too much resources to make a stable version this time around.
    But still, the way she worded things was not something you can tell me she was forced to say. This "i like that you get it" at the end of the interview, just because the interviewer was also like "haters gonna hate", that was totally unneccessary. She was implying we silly fans just don't get their great vision. Plums to be you, sims fan!
  • Options
    ArielleSaireArielleSaire Posts: 59 Member
    Cinderella Challenge Update! :)
    Evangeline earned enough money from baking to open her own resort. While working the front desk, Evangeline met the man of her dreams: Neville Raleigh.
    Screenshot-85_zpsoo7z0tyl.jpg
    They married at the resort.
    Screenshot-95_zpsjqqbsn4x.jpg
    They began a family.
    Screenshot-102_zps0sdnn1bh.jpg
    Xavier is their first born.
    Screenshot-114_zpsze9nuted.jpg
    Phoenix is their second born.
    Screenshot-126_zps9lzm6wro.jpg
    Imogen is their only daughter.
    Screenshot-143_zpshrsd1myg.jpg
    Recently, the family adopted a kitten named Jingle.
    Screenshot-135_zps2z39rxth.jpg
    Evangeline continues to run her resort while Neville pursues his dream of becoming a Superstar Actor.
    Animated_sims_plumbbob_zpsf02263fe.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    GC: So what are your medium and short term priorities for The Sims 4 at the moment? I was trying to check last night, and you still don’t have toddlers?
    GC: Is that something that’s going to come later, in maybe the next expansion? Since that is one of the main things fans are still asking for.
    RF: You know, our fans ask for a lot of things! [laughs] And here’s the thing, we look at a lot of different factors. We look absolutely at things that are being said in public forums. We also have groups of fans coming in, but we
    GC: It almost reminds me of a Kickstarter project, where you have all these ideas and demands coming in and you have to push back against some of them.
    RF: I think it gets factored in. I would say it’s less of a push back and more of a,’How are we taking that into account and weighing it against all the other influences?’
    RF: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.
    And I want to make sure that all of those voices are considered when people are thinking about whether or not we’ve included the right things. Because we do, we take it very seriously about whether or not we’re approaching all of those different play styles. We take it just as seriously as the players do that are asking for the things that they want.
    GC: I guess you’re not going to answer the question of how many more expansions there are to come?
    RF: You know what, all I have to say is that The Sims 3 lasted for five years of content and still has lots and lots of fans. We have been improving and growing and building on The Sims 4 month after month after launch, and we will continue to do that until it doesn’t make sense.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/#ixzz3ljsqaPsM

Yes Rachel, but our play style is woefully inadequate. But you still keep pushing the other players content and won't even address us. An absolute disgrace.

This interview just made me angry at myself for even buying anything TS4 related. It was such a slap in the face, such "haha, you let us trick you into believing we care one bit or we know what we did wrong".
    I know that a lot of it is just marketing talk, like the thing about open worlds. Of course, they didn't remove it to make it feel more personal or whatever she was blabbering there, but because it would have taken too much resources to make a stable version this time around.
    But still, the way she worded things was not something you can tell me she was forced to say. This "i like that you get it" at the end of the interview, just because the interviewer was also like "haters gonna hate", that was totally unneccessary. She was implying we silly fans just don't get their great vision. Plums to be you, sims fan!

That's exactly it. She purposely lacks any compassion or care for those who have spent a long time trying to help them and instead chooses to mock and insult them. It wasn't just family players either. Doesn't she realise how popular realistic CC is? Calling it creepy was way out of line.
  • Options
    ArielleSaireArielleSaire Posts: 59 Member
    Also, I wanted to say that this is my favorite thread here on the forums. Love seeing everyone's stories and family play. It's really great. Thanks everyone, especially @sparkfairy1 for starting this thread! :)
    Animated_sims_plumbbob_zpsf02263fe.gif
  • Options
    Cinderella Challenge Update! :)
    Evangeline earned enough money from baking to open her own resort. While working the front desk, Evangeline met the man of her dreams: Neville Raleigh.
    Screenshot-85_zpsoo7z0tyl.jpg
    They married at the resort.
    Screenshot-95_zpsjqqbsn4x.jpg
    They began a family.
    Screenshot-102_zps0sdnn1bh.jpg
    Xavier is their first born.
    Screenshot-114_zpsze9nuted.jpg
    Phoenix is their second born.
    Screenshot-126_zps9lzm6wro.jpg
    Imogen is their only daughter.
    Screenshot-143_zpshrsd1myg.jpg
    Recently, the family adopted a kitten named Jingle.
    Screenshot-135_zps2z39rxth.jpg
    Evangeline continues to run her resort while Neville pursues his dream of becoming a Superstar Actor.

Wonderful @ArielleSaire <3 what a sweet family they have now :)
  • Options
    Also, I wanted to say that this is my favorite thread here on the forums. Love seeing everyone's stories and family play. It's really great. Thanks everyone, especially @sparkfairy1 for starting this thread! :)

My pleasure lovely, that's why I'm here-to give family players some support <3
  • Options

That's exactly it. She purposely lacks any compassion or care for those who have spent a long time trying to help them and instead chooses to mock and insult them. It wasn't just family players either. Doesn't she realise how popular realistic CC is? Calling it creepy was way out of line.

I also like "maxis match"-CC, but never in a million years would i dare to say to another simmer "you want your game to look realistic...that's creepy!" and it's not even my job to be nice to sims fans.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

There is no problems with open world what so ever, I have had to go over that a lot before. They removed it because they didn't want to get it to work, the whole thing about players being 'disconnected' is just nonsense.

In fact, Open World helps players feel more connected, not less
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I just read the article and I have found a new way to have fun with TS4!

Before:

IMAG0078_zpsimcqoade.jpg

After:

IMAG0079_zpsxb4lgcmx.jpg

So done with this game. :(

Wow, I'm sorry @CharityHope :( *big cuddles*
  • Options
    SimmentalSimmental Posts: 8 New Member
    @CharityHope , you do realize the discs are not necessary to play? :)
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Simmental wrote: »

Hahaha! I know. :p It was just cathartic and besides I deleted it from my PC and I don't have a good enough internet connection to download it again, not that I would want to anyway.
  • Options
    Simmental wrote: »

Hahaha! I know. :p It was just cathartic and besides I deleted it from my PC and I don't have a good enough internet connection to download it again, not that I would want to anyway.

I can imagine it was! Wow though, that's a drastic measure! :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Wow @CharityHope. That must have taken a lot of guts to do. Kind of makes me glad I bought a digital version of the Sims 4 now. XD

But yeah basically what I thought of that interview. Flaming bag of angry poo while a skunk walks by.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0XQ9knz9aE
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    @Scobre LOL I love the video! :D
  • Options
    EA/Maxis is not going to get any more money out of me.Since almost every packs their had put out so far to date is party theme in one way or another. I'm happy to be able to play Sims 2 and #,Sims Castaway Stories. Now If I can just removes Origin from my pc.

> Neither do I.That's why I want to remove Origin for. I'm trying to find out how,but nothing as yet. If anyone on this forum know how and without causing problems for my Sims 3 ,Please let me know and Thank You :)
  • Options

> Neither do I.That's why I want to remove Origin for. I'm trying to find out how,but nothing as yet. If anyone on this forum know how and without causing problems for my Sims 3 ,Please let me know and Thank You :)

You can't remove origin but you can turn off the spying in Origin options. You can also turn sharing off on the sims 3 in the main options too.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I just read the article and I have found a new way to have fun with TS4!

Before:

IMAG0078_zpsimcqoade.jpg

After:

IMAG0079_zpsxb4lgcmx.jpg

So done with this game. :(

> And here I was thinking it would make a nice coaster for my tea cup.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @CharityHope - AWESOME picture. You'd think that the developers would look at something like that, and think "wow... I think we may be doing something wrong if our fans are doing something like that to our product... "
    But all I can picture is the Sims team standing around, rubbing their hands together a la Monty Burns, and cackling "Oh well, who cares, WE GOT HER MONEY FIRST!"
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    @CharityHope - AWESOME picture. You'd think that the developers would look at something like that, and think "wow... I think we may be doing something wrong if our fans are doing something like that to our product... "
    But all I can picture is the Sims team standing around, rubbing their hands together a la Monty Burns, and cackling "Oh well, who cares, WE GOT HER MONEY FIRST!"

Sadly I'm pretty sure that's the case.
  • Options
    I'm not ready to uninstall TS4 yet, but my "I don't think i'm going to buy GT right away , but i'll wait for more info" just turned into "No. No, no, no, no. Stick it wherever toddlers are now".
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I might have had a tad interest in buying Sims 4 for ten bucks but that whole interview is just..terrible..doesn't make me regret not buying the game at all, open world didn't break immersion for me and I like toddlers. It's so obvious here she doesn't care about people who don't share this stupid vision. I had like 1 percent hope for toddlers coming to the franchise. Now reading it was the best decision ever. That to me screams they are never coming. I hope those of you that wish to return the game can get your money back, all you loyal fans deserve better. I only got into the game three to four years ago so I never had one ounce of loyalty to them but to see this...such disrespect for the fans...my heart goes out to all of you this is just so sad..*big cuddles to every sweet loyal fan*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top