Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited August 2015
    Glad it's working for you now @RyeCris16. :)

And adding an odd little bug from over on AHQ. The Kwality Wide Plank Flooring floor style is not available in the general flooring catalogue and can only be obtained from a styled room (Cosmic Contact).
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hey Bry and everyone else :)

I am not sure if someone has already figured this out but I came up with a work around for not having floating objects disappear when painting walls.
    What you need to do is build the wall that you want painted outside of the room you are working on, paint it the way you want (both back and front) then pick it up and place it over the top of the wall you wanted to change. I know its a bit of a PITA but better than having to replace all those floating objects that will disappear if you paint onto the actual wall.

Hope that made sense and if it doesn't I can show you what I mean with images.

Well I went ahead and took some pics to explain better :)

2u9qvwp.jpg

125t106.jpg

2i9h7i1.jpg

59zorn.jpg

oqy6xj.jpg

Unfortunately I still haven't found a work around for if you want to change the shape of the room, or remove walls without the floating objects disappearing yet :(
    Post edited by Kementari on
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Oh, thanks @Kementari for that useful information! I will be sure to use it on my next build!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    That's an excellent workaround @Kementari! If you don't mind, I will quote and post it in our Testing MOO thread too. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Thanks @Tiki5872 I hope it helps with your next build :)

@BryonyRae I am glad you liked it :) You can quote it as much as you like, the more people know about it the less headaches we will have right lol.
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Glad it's working for you now @RyeCris16. :)

And adding an odd little bug from over on AHQ. The Kwality Wide Plank Flooring floor style is not available in the general flooring catalogue and can only be obtained from a styled room (Cosmic Contact).

That is a nice floor too! I wonder what other colors it comes in

• Options
    Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    I found that Problem too with overlapping windows, I tried to paint a Wall but this would be delete one window that overlapped an other.

I take moveobjects on and it doesnt appear.
  • Options
    Kementari wrote: »

oqy6xj.jpg
    (

@Kementari, I know you don't use any cc in your builds, and in this picture above I see "place settings"?! Plates, cups and utensils? The one time I tried to use a cup from debug as a decorative object, my test sim was getting the dirty moodlet because of it. How did you achieve this?
    @BryonyRae , I hope it's ok if I ask Kementari this here on this thread? If not, I do apologize! :s
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Tiki5872 yeah those glasses will go dirty unfortunately, the pic I have there is for a decorating challenge, so the room wont actually be used. But there are some glasses that you can use. They are the essences that come for the cow plant, they do have liquid in them and come a variety of colors. They don't go bad and the sims seem to ignore them for the most part. You can see them in the pic below.

16k2ek5.jpg

All the other pieces are also found in debug, just type in plate, bowl, fork, spoon and you should see them :) Oh and the napkin, that's the map you get when collecting rocks, also found in debug :)
  • Options
    @Kementari Thank you! <3
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Kementari wrote: »
    Hey Bry and everyone else :)

I am not sure if someone has already figured this out but I came up with a work around for not having floating objects disappear when painting walls.

What you need to do is build the wall that you want painted outside of the room you are working on, paint it the way you want (both back and front) then pick it up and place it over the top of the wall you wanted to change. I know its a bit of a PITA but better than having to replace all those floating objects that will disappear if you paint onto the actual wall.

Hope that made sense and if it doesn't I can show you what I mean with images.

Yay! \o/ Thank you So much for this workaround! This is one of my biggest beefs when building since I frequently change my mind on wall coverings when decorating rooms. :) *Hugs*

• Options
    k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2015
    I found a bug with one of the fences in the game. Using "Be Prepared Security Fencing" on rounded coners will make it invisible in that area.

EDIT: Just found other user reported it too: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/846074/this-fence-must-get-fixed
  • Options
    @Tiki5872 of course it is. :)

@k3oki Thanks! I saw that one a while ago and meant to add it, but since it was already on the AHQ, I hadn't bothered. It's on the list now. :)
  • Options
    Pulling this from a report over on AHQ here, there are two Get To Work career unlock objects that are described as being doors but are not categorized as doors and are not functional. They are the Holey Door of Holding and Jaded Cell Depository. They have corresponding identical objects that are clearly intended as décor, so the question is why would that décor have been duplicated? Also, there is a third set of two identical shorter objects. Neither is described as a door, but given the prior two, it would be logical for one of them to have been designated as such. They are The Impenetrable and Single Serving Justice Dispenser.
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Hi, Ms Bry...stopped by to let ya know that little problem I was having with the game resizing my Sims is still there, but it seems to only effect premade Sims if I pull them straight from my Library during Manage Worlds. If I chose a lot, and click make household, enter CAS, pull from Library here, then enter game, everything is fine. Also, do ya know if they are working on the 'I don't want to clean my dishes in the kitchen. I want to walk to the other side of the house and use the bathroom sink' bug. It's getting a tad bit annoying when I am playtesting. Sink is perfectly fine to brush teeth or wash hands in, but evidently --- dishes are too good for it. :p

Toodles, talk to ya later!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    @Cassee I'm glad you found a workaround for it anyway. Did you ever try searching for it or posting on AHQ? I don't know about how they have prioritized the routing issue, but I do know that you are not alone! Check out this thread on AHQ and maybe add your report to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Related to our lighting discussion a few pages back, I wanted to link this thread from the Bug reports forum, as it is yet another example of the weird problem with interior light vs. exterior light. In this case, there is a white staircase that looks as it should outdoors but indoors is a dull grey at best (and that's after throwing a ton of windows and ceiling lights at it). Using debug lighting failed to brighten it at all (and usually you can practically get objects to glow if you put enough debug lighting on them).

stairlighting_zpsynz0uwce.jpg
  • Options
    I also want to bring up the loft space topic again: 4/11/15 Add ability to create a loft without roofing clipping into the area (because it doesn't recognize it as a room) (requested by Cerrydd). As we all know, this is still a problem, and I just dealt with a particular flavor of it on this AHQ thread that to me, makes me think it should be reclassed as a bug, not a request.

It's one thing to have a fenced area defined as "outdoors" by default, but if it is situated within a room, this should not happen. If the developers cannot give the game that initial awareness when you first draw the fence within the room, then they should enable it so that you can redraw the room around the fence, and it will then eliminate intruding roofing (and reapply the ceiling) *without* deleting the fencing (which is what currently happens). It's especially painful because the new half walls function just like fences in this regard, but we have already noted that separately and have a bug report for it on the AHQ here.
  • Options
    And one more thing I wanted to make builders aware of - there is a bug going around (and I have been hit by it myself) where the game may glitch and fill in the Original By with an incorrect creator. In my case, my WIP was suddenly showing wrathofcath as the original by. I have actually been trying to help people with this issue for a while (see threads here and here and AHQ report here), but we weren't really able to nail down the circumstances that might cause it.

I still can't say that I've found the trigger, but I do know that it can occur on any lot and even in a fresh game (where you have bulldozed a Maxis lot). I also think that when it happens, each instance of the WIP in your library will be affected. I can't prove that part, but I always eyeball my saves as I go along to see what the gallery picture is shaping up to look like, and I believe I would have noticed wrathofcath in the Original By right away vs. at the very end of the process. However, my library contradicts me, because every copy from the very beginning now has her name...

I wound up having to save off sections of my build into "rooms" and then place and rebuild in a new save (after I had verified that it wasn't bugged), and this time, the glitch did not occur. I think that the only way you could completely avoid the possibility of this happening in your game would be to either make sure your library contains only builds by you or to back up your tray after each clean save.

I just wanted to throw out a heads-up, because if this bug hits you, it can be painful!
  • Options
    Just a note that as far as I can tell, today's patch does not address any build mode issues. If you find that something has been fixed or (let's hope not) broken, please let us know here.
  • Options
    xlove90xlove90 Posts: 27 Member
    paintings should retain emotional auras when uploading to and downloading from gallery !
  • Options
    Agreed, @xlove90, I can confirm that as described in this thread, paintings lose the ability to enable/disable emotional auras when saved to the library. This means that not only do the auras not transfer to the gallery, they are not even retained in a local library save. You can only access the options from a saved game, and this seems like a bug to me. I have added it to our list.
  • Options
    xlove90xlove90 Posts: 27 Member
    thank you so much :)
  • Options
    I think this bug has been around for a while, but for some reason we've never discussed/reported it here. For some lots, the "front" of the lot is reversed when saving to the library. In particular, I experienced this on the 50x50 Desert Bloom park lot in Oasis Springs. The front of the lot appears to face the street when you are in build mode, but if you save the lot, you will see in the Gallery images, that the camera faces the back of the lot (I'll add pictures when I get a chance).

I will be investigating to see which additional lots have the problem, as I know I've read about this before, but if anyone knows of any off the top of your head, it would save me time if you'd go ahead and report them.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    I think this bug has been around for a while, but for some reason we've never discussed/reported it here. For some lots, the "front" of the lot is reversed when saving to the library. In particular, I experienced this on the 50x50 Desert Bloom park lot in Oasis Springs. The front of the lot appears to face the street when you are in build mode, but if you save the lot, you will see in the Gallery images, that the camera faces the back of the lot (I'll add pictures when I get a chance).

I will be investigating to see which additional lots have the problem, as I know I've read about this before, but if anyone knows of any off the top of your head, it would save me time if you'd go ahead and report them.

Hello BryonyRae It may be associated with this map glitch problem.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852602/oasis-springs-50x50-lot-issue