Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dishwashers are FREE!

Comments

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Trash compactors? I was hoping for washing machines..sounds disappointing as a pack. Wont be buying it. Glad they had the sense to give the dishwasher away for free though.

Washing machines have nothing to do with kitchens...sounds like a great pack...and for those comparing to the original sims (which I love), dishwasher and trash compactors could not be placed under counters, so it's not all about how it was in TS1.

I no travel to Europe, but according a comment at that forum, for UK washing machines are kitchen appliance
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Love

More likely they'll still wash them in the sink automously unless you tell them to use the dishwasher but I'm just speculating. We'll know for sure Thursday.

Well that would suck. In every other sims game (well I never played 1, but in 2 and 3) if there was a dishwasher on the lot the sims would always go for that unless it was broken or another sim was already using it. I hope it stays that way this time around. I buy my sims a dishwasher so they will.. you know, use it.

Yeah, but there is that problem with the cashiers in the GTW that don't go to the customers but the customers have to find them while involved in group talks and no cash register just grouping up in bunches.....if it works at all sometimes, so...it's a BIG gamble if they used the tried and true coding to make them use the object.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Can we finally date on retail lots? That would be the only reason i could be interested in opening an ice cream parlor. It would be a good date location for teens. Otherwise, i saw a a hairstyle that's good for adults, but i don't really want this SP.
    Shame, because i would actually like to reward them for not using a base game item as a premium object this time around.

Yes. They fixed the retail lots so sims can date on them eg bakery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    All I can say is:

FINALLY.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited July 2015
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Love

More likely they'll still wash them in the sink automously unless you tell them to use the dishwasher but I'm just speculating. We'll know for sure Thursday.

Well that would suck. In every other sims game (well I never played 1, but in 2 and 3) if there was a dishwasher on the lot the sims would always go for that unless it was broken or another sim was already using it. I hope it stays that way this time around. I buy my sims a dishwasher so they will.. you know, use it.

Yeah and all I wanted to know is if it would work the same way. I mean, they already struggle to go to the kitchen sink.

(A)The thing is you aren't the only person who is going to be asking them questions right now and I'm sure EA have better things to do with their money than pay someone to sit in front of a computer and answer questions.

I.E.

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

B. There might also be things the developers aren't allowed to talk about. I mean strictly from a PR POV if a developer goes on record to say "Yeaaah, that's broken and there's nothing we can do to fix it" all that would do would create a huge plumstorm for EA to have to deal with because suddenly it wouldn't be people with the tinfoil hats* saying EA knowingly released a broken game, it would be a fact.

(*I know it is a fact EA released TS4 broken and I'd be willing to bet money on the fact they release all their games broken, but what I mean is statements like that can be dismissed until someone from within EA makes it a fact).

A. That's actually @SimGuruDrake job but she hasn't really been doing it as far as I have seen. I only see her come into this thread and others and tell people to stay on topic and copy/paste what's posted on blogs in the Latest News sections. I haven't her seen her do what she came here for and told us what she was going to do which was better communication between us and the developers.

B. I honestly don't care anymore. I know it's a broken game, Ea knows it's a broken game, and the media know it's a broken game too. Idk why they are trying to hide it when everyone already knows. They would be amazed how much honesty would actually work in their favor. I asked a simple yes or no question. He didn't even have to go into details. But he ignored me and answered other questions. Maybe I'm just stuck in a retail frame of mind but this is bad customer service and it really p's me off because I've been experiencing it everywhere lately and it needs to stop.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't see the reason for the extreme "need" of a dishwasher. In real life, sure. But I can get rid of dishes faster than it would take my Sim to do it. But that's cool, I'm glad they'll be free. And I'm super excited for all the cool build things!

Mmm ice cream~

It is really too bad there isn't a way to pick and choose the content you want installed or not. For those who don't care about dishwashers and prefer to unsimulate their games by dragging dishes to the sink or trash, they could bypass the free content. I wish we could pick and choose myself. Especially for those who don't want to go through the simulation of it in a life simulator.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Well I guess I'll reinstall the game to get the update then leave again till the game is The Sims again and not some single life party lifestyle simulation with culling, no toddlers, lifeless objects called babies, same height teens and adults, flat terrain, 2D Facebook game neighborhoods, no neighborhood edit, lack of lot space, etc.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Love

Yeah and all I wanted to know is if it would work the same way. I mean, they already struggle to go to the kitchen sink.

(A)The thing is you aren't the only person who is going to be asking them questions right now and I'm sure EA have better things to do with their money than pay someone to sit in front of a computer and answer questions.

I.E.

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

B. There might also be things the developers aren't allowed to talk about. I mean strictly from a PR POV if a developer goes on record to say "Yeaaah, that's broken and there's nothing we can do to fix it" all that would do would create a huge plumstorm for EA to have to deal with because suddenly it wouldn't be people with the tinfoil hats* saying EA knowingly released a broken game, it would be a fact.

(*I know it is a fact EA released TS4 broken and I'd be willing to bet money on the fact they release all their games broken, but what I mean is statements like that can be dismissed until someone from within EA makes it a fact).

A. That's actually @SimGuruDrake job but she hasn't really been doing it as far as I have seen. I only see her come into this thread and others and tell people to stay on topic and copy/paste what's posted on blogs in the Latest News sections. I haven't her seen her do what she came here for and told us what she was going to do which was better communication between us and the developers.

B. I honestly don't care anymore. I know it's a broken game, Ea knows it's a broken game, and the media know it's a broken game too. Idk why they are trying to hide it when everyone already knows. They would be amazed how much honesty would actually work in their favor. I asked a simple yes or no question. He didn't even have to go into details. But he ignored me and answered other questions. Maybe I'm just stuck in a retail frame of mind but this is bad customer service and it really p's me off because I've been experiencing it everywhere lately and it needs to stop.

When it comes to anything regarding in-game I'm normally not the one able to answer those questions since I don't work on the game, don't want to say something incorrectly you know! But I will definitely ask and get back to all of you! I have been hard at work fixing things with the forums that haven't been working properly (that signature problem for some users was a fun little thing to figure out!) and hopping around in other sections of the forums to chat - General Discussion isn't the only section in the forum I have to visit. :wink:
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    breezababebreezababe Posts: 11 New Member
    where do I find the dishwasher, I can't find it in the kitchen stuff.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    The dishwasher is coming with the patch this week. It is not in the game yet. Once the patch comes, all simmers will get the dishwasher.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2015
    Love

I.E.

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

They are trying to hide it because regardless of whether everybody knows it or not it is still very bad PR to speak out and publicly acknowledge the game is broken & they have no intention of fixing it / don't know how to fix it. I know it sucks and in an ideal world people wouldn't be left in this situation in the first place but it's business and admitting to intentionally releasing broken products is career suicide so it just isn't done. There's probably a complicated legal side to it too (I imagine if they went public about how broken / defective the product is then we as customers would be entitled to refunds because the game doesn't work as intended) but I wouldn't understand any of that.

On that, the gaming industry needs to be forced to adhere to the same rules and regulations as every other industry. If I buy a TV and find out it's faulty I can return it for a new one or get my money back, if I buy a broken game... welp, too bad sucka! Developers like EA release unfinished, rushed, broken games because they know they can.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Well I guess I'll reinstall the game to get the update then leave again till the game is The Sims again and not some single life party lifestyle simulation with culling, no toddlers, lifeless objects called babies, same height teens and adults, flat terrain, 2D Facebook game neighborhoods, no neighborhood edit, lack of lot space, etc.

I wouldn't call this a single party lifestyle simulator. The game has a few measly bars that all function the same (not very well). Leaving the house is a chore because of all the loading screens. So my sims are left on the lot all day doing nothing but buliding skills and then vanishing off the lot to work. Id call it a skill building simulator. All I seem to do is build skills in this game. Making friends feels like skill building, collecting feels like skill building and all the skill building feels the same.... boring and repetitive.

Even though I'd consider myself a family and generations player, if this game had actual party elements that worked. Like a variety of clubs, sims danced together, restaurants and they made it easy to get from one place to the next then this game might actually be good at what it's supposed to be. But no, it's even a crap party simulator.

I think i need to change my name to ultra rant cause thats all i seem to do about this game these days
  • Options
    AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    The patch is supposedly on August 5, correct me if I'm wrong.
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    What? Something that should have been in game since the beginning and that they introduce 1 year after its release will be free? No way! smiley-bounce006.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Windely wrote: »
    What? Something that should have been in game since the beginning and that they introduce 1 year after its release will be free? No way! smiley-bounce006.gif

Yes way. :mrgreen:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    The patch is supposedly this week as @rosemow already posted. The specific date and time is unknown.
  • Options
    breezababe wrote: »
    I don't know. Can you please help me find the playable cars?
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

There are none.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're being serious. :s
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    jennihope wrote: »

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're being serious. :s
    Then you are a flop! smiley-hug002.gif
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    but today is tuesday
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    but today is tuesday

I think with 4 they've moved patch dates to Thursdays.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LOL sounds like what my brother said when I told him they were finally coming back.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    dvanblunkdvanblunk Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2015
    Where are the washing machines I waited all day!
    :/
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    We're not getting washing machines. We're getting Dishwashers in the free patch. And it'll probably be Thursday.
    p8L4V6v.png