Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• Options
    PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    Thankyou :)
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    PetaT wrote: »
    It was, I'm not long in from work and going through all the posts I have missed and I'm going through the store and seeing if there are any sets or compilations I can complete or get green buttons for and I managed to get the enchanted bundle of dark dealings and that has the spell book in it, so i removed the library. If and when I have that many spare points I may ponder getting it, but at the moment it's silly to keep it on my list as that makes it too expensive for so few items.
    I hope this helps: The Gothique Library will be on the Daily Deal for 31% off Tuesday, July 14th in the morning. Works out to 672 sp.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    Thanks Eric, I have marked that on my calander and will keep an eye out for it :)
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2015
    I love that new avi for gnlovew. It looks great!

And just in case...
    This is the WL I'm playing in today. ; )
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    I'm sorry if it's written somewhere and I didn't notice, but I have some questions. Some people post a creation wish list, then some people go through that wishlist and pick something to create and then share it, is that correct? What if someone already fulfilled a certain wish and I didn't notice and make it too, or if the creation I make isn't good? Thanks.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I'm sorry if it's written somewhere and I didn't notice, but I have some questions. Some people post a creation wish list, then some people go through that wishlist and pick something to create and then share it, is that correct? What if someone already fulfilled a certain wish and I didn't notice and make it too, or if the creation I make isn't good? Thanks.

us with wish lists have an obligation to remove a wish if it is forfilled (you can see 1 is removed like this ) in my wishes...
    ofcourse you can't see if any on eis working on a wish....
    so 2 could turn in a respond to the same wish... don't know how the rules is then.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @FoxyLovesKitty there is no such thing as not good enough... and who wouldn't want more choices?
  • Options
    Aliens LEAVE my test sim alone!

29vm7pw.jpg

2a6nq0x.jpg

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @FoxyLovesKitty there is no such thing as not good enough... and who wouldn't want more choices?

agree

• Options
    anettesb wrote: »

us with wish lists have an obligation to remove a wish if it is forfilled (you can see 1 is removed like this ) in my wishes...
    ofcourse you can't see if any on eis working on a wish....
    so 2 could turn in a respond to the same wish... don't know how the rules is then.

Thanks for explaining to me :)

Thanks for encouraging me @ciane Choices are nice, I guess. If they don't like it, they can make changes to it, too.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Oh My! You guys sure have been busy over the last few days, so many fabulous creations! <3

@cmbaker16, Meadow Grove is a wonderful farmhouse - a whole lot bigger than my grand-parents old place but all those big rooms really remind me of it. Beautifully decorated it certainly has the genuine country feel to it.

And then you gave us Artie's Work of Arts! :o Once again the feel of the place is so well done, it really does look as if it should be home to a small artisan commune.

Well, @VGryphon, I remember you saying you liked to work on large lots! Layton's Manor is definitely a home to aspire to. Elegantly laid out and just the right amount of furnishing so that it feel homely and yet also spacious.

I find Sims difficult enough, but I have never yet managed to create a pet that actually looked like it could be real but @jbsquared2000, you have done a fine job with Stitch; not only totally adorable but so life-like too.

Sandy Beach Cottage from @PetaT is another wonderful lot, I especially love the contrasting colours you've used. It's exactly the sort of exclusive beach-side property I'd expect to see on a glossy TV drama!

Oh yeah, @gnlovew, Winsome Willows must be the perfect Aurora Skies farm! The colours are wonderful and adding the water wheel to the barn was a brilliant idea.

Loving Garnie Williams @Teegers, that is one good looking lady! :)

I'm always so impressed by the creativity and generosity of this community, it's such a positive experience visiting these threads so thank you @NagyGina for hosted this sharing space. <3
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I promised to have my little (very little) build completed this week ... and so it is! :)

Creation Entry:
    Creator’s Username: @ajaxpost
    Entrant’s Username: @KaytayRoall - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13666009#Comment_13666009
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VGryphon - @VGryphon has contributed so much to the forums recently I can't not nominate him! :)
    Item Title: The Old Cottage
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8677890
    Description: An affordable single-storey starter home in the old English cottage style.
    Details: On a small 15x10 lot this single bedroom home has all the charm of a bygone age, although the toilet is now indoors! It is sparsely furnished (to keep costs down) but includes a comfortable lounge with a roaring fire and a practical kitchen/diner. Even on such a small plot of land there is room for a car and even a small garden.

Furnished: $16,402
    Unfurnished: $10,904

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

Pictures:
    tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

There are a few more pictures at http://ajax-tum.tumblr.com/post/121218106474/the-old-cottage

Hope I've done this right and it meets the requirements :)
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    @Alexpost, wow, thank you for the nomination. The build looks wonderful! I'm amazed that you have made a comfortable home in such a small build.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    @ajaxpost - thank you so much for your kind words! <3 I love your cozy build! I have also been working on a build for @KaytayRoall and never realized how challenging it is to make a cute and attractive first-time home that is also affordable. No matter how hard I try, I keep coming in over budget! :tired_face: Obviously I have a clear case of "champagne taste on a beer budget" going on. :wink:

I believe @anettesb mentioned that there is supposed to be only one wish fulfillment per wish, so I may just upload my build to the exchange as a "moderately affordable house," or a house for "first-time home buying Sims wishing to live above their means," and leave it at that! :lol:
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    @ajaxpost - thank you so much for your kind words! <3 I love your cozy build! I have also been working on a build for @KaytayRoall and never realized how challenging it is to make a cute and attractive first-time home that is also affordable. No matter how hard I try, I keep coming in over budget! :tired_face: Obviously I have a clear case of "champagne taste on a beer budget" going on. :wink:

I believe @anettesb mentioned that there is supposed to be only one wish fulfillment per wish, so I may just upload my build to the exchange as a "moderately affordable house," or a house for "first-time home buying Sims wishing to live above their means," and leave it at that! :lol:

@jbsquared2000 I'm not sure of that.
    I mentioned that we as people wishing are supose to "delete" a wish like this if it is no longer a wish
    but if you already started on it.. then I think you schould enter it... as
    and I agree on that

in the end it is @NagyGina as a host that call the sooths

• Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @ajaxpost, thank you so much!! :) I worked on that thing until I was cross eyed! :D It took my brain a moment to realize that if I had a water wheel, I needed some water for it to run in. :grin: Then I had to build a bridge... :blush: I'm like that artist that doesn't know when to stop, and winds up with a big, hot mess. :smiley: I really appreciate your kind words! :heart: I love your cottage! The water closet is great. I hate just sticking a commode in with my pretty bathrooms. :grimace: The colors are great too, and the clothes line is a great touch.
  • Options
    starting to wonder if @NagyGina even wants an alian infested lot.....
    this alian keeps stopping my sims from doing the upgrades.....

jtqqg2.jpg

2ng4d94.jpg

2yzhfuv.jpg

and he seems very happy about it
    16h4w14.jpg
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    lol - @anettesb he knows a good thing when he sees it! :smiley:
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    lol - @anettesb he knows a good thing when he sees it! :smiley:

thats posible... but it is DANG hard to get the garden better, the apliance upgraded and make fun little sims created items when he keeps distrubing them!!!!

the least he could do then is make my male pregnant.... so I had some fun with that.
    I think he messed with my females brain though as she went and flirted (started woohoo on her own) with the male... and she is shy ... and hardly know him (I run them that hard)
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    Hiya All! Big Pixel Hugs! <3 I was without internet for a couple of days, and due to having an overload of OE work, that I had to do edits on my phone, I didn't even have a chance to stop by. :( I just read through the thread and will update after I collect a few ads to replenish the prize pot! ;)
    @FoxyLovesKitty: If anyone does get their wish created, they can use the strike through feature (like @anettesb pointed out) to let others know that they no longer need it, but also may want a variety of choices (like @ciane pointed out), perhaps to place in other Worlds or games. As for not good enough, I also always feel that way about what I create, but @ciane is absolutely correct, "there is no such thing as not good enough... " As long as you are creating from your heart and love of Sims, I bet what you create for someone, many will find awesome! Perhaps, you can post your progress as you go along (like many have done), ask for feedback, and just allow others to boost your confidence up! I am awemazed at all the positive feedback of ideas bouncing from this awesome community! :kissing_heart:

I love all the creations thus far, and will comment on those that I missed after collecting some ads.

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • Options
    By posting progressiv you also let others know your work Ingen on it. Of course that makes the gift les a surprise, but then you can feeling like your wating for Christmas as it is made.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    VGryphon wrote: »
    ... thank you for the nomination. The build looks wonderful! I'm amazed that you have made a comfortable home in such a small build.
    You're welcome :) I've tried to build realistically small before and been frustrated by the free space so many objects need but this one worked surprisingly well and everything is accessible - though I dare say it might have trouble with more than three people in there! :smiley:

Thank you! :blush: Yeah, keeping the price down did get difficult. I had set my heart on having a fireplace, like every good cottage home should have, but they're so expensive and big. The one I've used is about the cheapest and isn't quite what I wanted but I think it helps with the homely feel I was after. But that meant I had to drop the car space, use the cheapest TV, I even used a cheaper wallpaper pattern and there was still no money for clutter! But the thing I miss most was the extra ivy and plants I wanted around the outside - that ivy is so expensive, I think there's only about three pieces left just to give a sense of old age. :)

And, as @anettesb has already said, more choice is certainly better especially as @KaytayRoall was after several starter homes so please don't abandon your budget home challenge; I'd love to see how you use the limited funds available. :)

gnlovew wrote: »
    @ajaxpost, thank you so much!! :) I worked on that thing until I was cross eyed! :D It took my brain a moment to realize that if I had a water wheel, I needed some water for it to run in. :grin: Then I had to build a bridge... :blush: I'm like that artist that doesn't know when to stop, and winds up with a big, hot mess. :smiley: I really appreciate your kind words! :heart: I love your cottage! The water closet is great. I hate just sticking a commode in with my pretty bathrooms. :grimace: The colors are great too, and the clothes line is a great touch.

Thank you! Oh yes, sometimes those 'inspired' ideas can cause no end of trouble, but the result is so worth it! :smiley:

To be honest I could have left the extra basin out and made the toilet/WC room smaller - my childhood home had just a WC and we had to go downstairs to the bathroom to wash our hands but I think these days people prefer to have a sink in the same room :) The clothes line was one of the first 'décor' items I placed and even though there is no washing machine I think it helps define what sort of home it is.

It will probably all change the moment I post this comment but ... aliens and meteors are very rare in my games so I reckon you must be doing something to attract them! ;)

I read in one of the guides that using a telescope to search the skies increases the chance of an alien visit or meteor; don't know if that's true or not ...
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    NagyGina wrote: »
    Hiya All! Big Pixel Hugs! <3 I was without internet for a couple of days, and due to having an overload of OE work, that I had to do edits on my phone, I didn't even have a chance to stop by. :( I just read through the thread and will update after I collect a few ads to replenish the prize pot! ;)
    @FoxyLovesKitty: If anyone does get their wish created, they can use the strike through feature (like @anettesb pointed out) to let others know that they no longer need it, but also may want a variety of choices (like @ciane pointed out), perhaps to place in other Worlds or games. As for not good enough, I also always feel that way about what I create, but @ciane is absolutely correct, "there is no such thing as not good enough... " As long as you are creating from your heart and love of Sims, I bet what you create for someone, many will find awesome! Perhaps, you can post your progress as you go along (like many have done), ask for feedback, and just allow others to boost your confidence up! I am awemazed at all the positive feedback of ideas bouncing from this awesome community! :kissing_heart:

I love all the creations thus far, and will comment on those that I missed after collecting some ads.

By posting progressiv you also let others know your work Ingen on it. Of course that makes the gift les a surprise, but then you can feeling like your wating for Christmas as it is made.

Thank you @NagyGina . I'm not sure if I'm going to post my progress, I'll have to think about it. I'll be able to decide once I start working on a wish. Right now I'm trying to build something for a contest. Once I finish it, I'm going to try to fulfill some wishes :)
  • Options
    @ajaxpost
    I have done NOTHING to atrackt them... unless some traits atract them but the sims have difrent traits.
    there is a telescope now... it wasn't there when they got taken... and it have not been used.
    there is no meteors on the lot...
    I don't know whats going on...
    but my other build sims in HS also got takena a few time ..... :worried:
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    edited June 2015
    Teegers wrote: »
    I'll add creating sim-selves to my list of things I'll build, as long as people are patient with my mistakes. :)
    @Teegers, I think that is an awemazing idea and
    Teegers wrote: »
    Here's the form for @gnlovew's new simme. :)

Creator’s Username: Teegers
    Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): gnlovew
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=gnlovew
    Item Title: Garnie Williams
    Creation Wishlist Username: gnlovew
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8676645
    Description: Early birthday present for @gnlovew
    Details: simself

http://www.exploringeso.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-06-09_13-21-16.jpeg
    http://www.exploringeso.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screenshot-17.jpg
    http://www.exploringeso.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screenshot-15.jpg
    this is such an awesome Sim Entry!! :love: I definitely want @gnlovew (and Happy Birthday Too!) in my game! :love: Rec'd, Fav'd & Saved! :kissing_heart:

VGryphon wrote: »
    All my EA store emails get forwarded to my gmail account. :smile:
    @VGryphon, I really should set that up also, I get 0 spam on Gmail too, unfortunately I do not have my Origin/EA accounts on Gmail to begin with. I wrote a sticky note to remind myself, hehehe :D Thank you! :kissing_heart:

just had an hour to build... and game crashed just as I was about to save... oh well didn't got much fone... as I did the same tweeks over and over again to get them right... it might go faster when I try again
    @anettesb, I am sorry that your game crashed and you lost an hour of work! :( Do you use NRaas Saver? I save ever 30 minutes with that, in buy mode, and town edit too. I hope no more crashing! :kissing_heart:

http://i57.tinypic.com/jtqqg2.jpg
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2ng4d94.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2yzhfuv.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/16h4w14.jpg
    Actually an alien infested lot sounds like a lot of fun! >:) I absolutely :love: sci-fi/fantasy/supernatural stuffs! :kissing_heart:

PetaT wrote: »
    Evening all *waves*

Just running through everything I have missed and noticed I won something :o

I only have one venue on my wish list if that is ok @NagyGina , if not then please let me know.
    Thankyou <3
    @PetaT, I hope you do not mind that I felt compelled wipe away that pesky non-CYS set too, while I was in your Wishlist! ;):kissing_heart:

As for everyone wanting to know about the winners of the Venues & their extra gifts, the link is in the first post and below:
    This time I did not roll for those without Store Wishlists for the winner of the Venue, but I have an idea flowing through my mind to make that up to all of you too!

I find a synchronicity with the roll of the dice (actually I had to randomize - no dice has the exact numbers :p), the 3 winners are actively chattering within the thread... I think the Universal Energies are flowing truly! :love:

So, without further adieu, I present the winners to you!

@PetaT - gifted The Last Venue of Amore, & Seeing Stars to allow her Sims performers to unveil the venue in Style ;)
    @Silvakristiina - gifted The Lucky Simoleon Casino via Lucky Palms Gold ;)
    @jbsquared2000 - gifted The Lucky Simoleon Casino via Lucky Palms Gold to @jg2342ar on her behalf ;)

Thank you @jbsquared2000 for your awesome generosity! :kissing_heart:

Congrats to all three of you! :smiley: Just let me know the venue of your choice! :mrgreen:

ajaxpost wrote: »
    I promised to have my little (very little) build completed this week ... and so it is! :)

Creation Entry:
    Creator’s Username: @ajaxpost
    Entrant’s Username: @KaytayRoall - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13666009#Comment_13666009
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VGryphon - @VGryphon has contributed so much to the forums recently I can't not nominate him! :)
    Item Title: The Old Cottage
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8677890
    Description: An affordable single-storey starter home in the old English cottage style.
    Details: On a small 15x10 lot this single bedroom home has all the charm of a bygone age, although the toilet is now indoors! It is sparsely furnished (to keep costs down) but includes a comfortable lounge with a roaring fire and a practical kitchen/diner. Even on such a small plot of land there is room for a car and even a small garden.

Furnished: $16,402
    Unfurnished: $10,904

Pictures:
    https://41.media.tumblr.com/07cb4302752ecf9d8a09ade750c54bf5/tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    https://41.media.tumblr.com/31ac95d0ad369ad8d5d9029274f9dfaa/tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    https://40.media.tumblr.com/de299ba7c779fc24b7a025fa207db3ee/tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg
    https://36.media.tumblr.com/f043ac37e156501a8c62e06361875dfa/tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    https://41.media.tumblr.com/2137b3a23bc0c9c73dd6484aa8e064fe/tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    ]https://36.media.tumblr.com/3c8f7cdfabc8e9d72363dbd9c4ed2ef5/tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

There are a few more pictures at http://ajax-tum.tumblr.com/post/121218106474/the-old-cottage

Hope I've done this right and it meets the requirements :)
    @ajaxpost, Oh your Creation Entry is just awefully >:) brilliantly :innocent: AWESOME! :love: I am certain that @KatayRoall is going to truly :love: it too! ;) Since I am always in need of starter homes too, I just had to Rec, Fav, and Save for my games! As for your nominee choice, I agree 100%!!! :kissing_heart:

@jbsquared2000, I am uncertain what you mean here. I decided to rid the rule of one Creation Gift Entry per username. I do so hope that you will also enter your Gift creation ("moderately affordable house," or a house for "first-time home buying Sims wishing to live above their means,") here too, better visibility for all! ;) I am certain that @KaytayRoall would :love: to have more than one choice for starter homes, as do most of us. ;) EA has so few choices and so many townies/immigrants fill them in too, that they are in such great demand! :kissing_heart:

Now going to update all the awemazing stuffs on the front page...

More Big Pixel Hugs! <3

Edit: I just noticed this is the 500th comment in this thread! Thank you everyone for playing the game! :kissing_heart: