Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JAMMIN JULY GIFT EXCHANGE ~~~ SIMS 3 ONLY ~~~ CC FREE ~~~ Gifting Now Open!!!!! :)

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    yum yum yum

now I want...

hmm atleas moms bees are busy... so I got fresh honey last time I was there.. and likely get more next time... mmmh
    also need to get som stired honey to keep in the house...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Wow, I just got back from the lake and boy did I miss alot!!! Donuts, chocolate ice cream, gardening. Oh well, we had a wonderful time camping beside a beautiful lake watching all the water birds and baby geese! Now, I have some reading to catch up on. :)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Wow, I just got back from the lake and boy did I miss alot!!! Donuts, chocolate ice cream, gardening. Oh well, we had a wonderful time camping beside a beautiful lake watching all the water birds and baby geese! Now, I have some reading to catch up on. :)

Sounds like a perfectly lovely time! Got any pretty pictures to share? Outdoors! Starry nights! Lake! Baby geese! Yes, please :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    The strawberries look delicious! :)
    Your camping trip sounds very nice! @kgaff :) It would have been very nice being beside the lake and seeing the water birds and geese. It sounds a very nice setting for camping.
  • Options
    Good Morning... well, almost Afternoon here!

Happy Best Friends Day!!! How appropriate too, don't you think?!
    This thread is all about meeting and making friends :smiley:

It is also Name Your Poison Day, meaning make a choice. That fits too.
    Choose to PARTICIPATE in this gift exchange! See how simple the choice is.

Here's a cute image found online showing two sweet best friends
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ADWilson wrote: »

Sounds like a perfectly lovely time! Got any pretty pictures to share? Outdoors! Starry nights! Lake! Baby geese! Yes, please :smiley:

There were baby geese all over the place!! :)

18417878858_500be7039f_z.jpgGoslings Fowler Park by Kathy Gaffney, on Flickr[/img]

They were pretty cute and having a wonderful time running around :)
    18417833018_47304b5ae4_z.jpgGoslings play time Fowler Park by Kathy Gaffney, on Flickr[/img]

• Options
    There were baby geese all over the place!! :)

18417878858_500be7039f_z.jpgGoslings Fowler Park by Kathy Gaffney, on Flickr[/img]

They were pretty cute and having a wonderful time running around :)
    18417833018_47304b5ae4_z.jpgGoslings play time Fowler Park by Kathy Gaffney, on Flickr[/img]

Oh. My. Goodness!!! Even more cute than I imagined that they would be.
    Beautiful birds, but I have always been leery of feeding them or getting too near as I have heard tales of how vicious they can be.

Once on vacation (sorry, can't remember where) we went to a park. There was a lovely lake with a swing (big enough for the three of us to sit in!) facing the lake. This was years ago so girl wasn't as tall as she is now. Anyway... a decent sized flock flew in and landed on the lake, edge of the lake, all around us. We sat and watched without moving for the longest time. It was either fall or winter and we were bundled in our coats and scarves, but it was well worth the chill.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

You're very right about not getting too close, especially when they have young ones. I noticed that they were always on the look out for danger (me!) and had boundaries that must not be crossed. I was warned off with hissing and wing flapping a couple of times for getting too close. So if you ever are lucky enough to see them with young ones give them space and you will be fine.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Hiya Kgaff and welcome back! :) We planned a camping trip for August. We go up to a river which is more or less a stream at the part we go to. Can't wait as I love camping. My daughter and her fiancée will be going with us again this year.
  • Options

You're very right about not getting too close, especially when they have young ones. I noticed that they were always on the look out for danger (me!) and had boundaries that must not be crossed. I was warned off with hissing and wing flapping a couple of times for getting too close. So if you ever are lucky enough to see them with young ones give them space and you will be fine.

Yes, I am very familiar with moms around their babies - in a way I was like that myself. I can recall putting my mom's boyfriend in place (he is a retired marine) because he came and pounded on the front door, thereby waking my little girl who had been put down for a much needed nap. I believe I was likened to a mother wolf that day LOL

We saw them hissing and flapping their wings the day we sat in the swing, but it wasn't at us but at each other. Perhaps part of the mating ritual or them just being territorial as we learned they came there every year.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    I see I've missed a bunch of chit chat. Loved the time out chair!
  • Options
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    I was just attacked by a wild barnacle goose in a zoo! :flushed: I was walking by a few adults, and maybe they were planning to make a nest to that place, because they turned very aggressive, but I was already stuck. My boyfriend told me that it looked like the one chasing me kicked me on my shoulder, but I can't tell because I was screaming and running ahead with my eyes closed :D It really hurt, more than I could've ever imagined. Well, they're big birds.

Yep, just got my share of the Off Topic, now back to lurking aside... Continue! :smile:
  • Options
    pondering pondering
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    I was just attacked by a wild barnacle goose in a zoo! :flushed: I was walking by a few adults, and maybe they were planning to make a nest to that place, because they turned very aggressive, but I was already stuck. My boyfriend told me that it looked like the one chasing me kicked me on my shoulder, but I can't tell because I was screaming and running ahead with my eyes closed :D It really hurt, more than I could've ever imagined. Well, they're big birds.

Yep, just got my share of the Off Topic, now back to lurking aside... Continue! :smile:

It was not nice that you were attacked by the goose! @Silvakristiina . It would have been very scary, painful, and frightening for you!
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    It was, @rosemow! And embarrising, I should have known to stay further and not to disturb their honeymoons :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The baby geese look so cute! @Kgaff! :) The photos that you have taken of them and posted them here are so very nice!

Thank you @rosemow, they were so much fun to watch running and chasing each other and trying to make that "honk" sound. :)

Wow!! Glad you weren't hurt! They can be scary and they are pretty big when you get close up!!
  • Options

My Uncle used to have geese on his farm. The big male didn't like my brother and would chase him constantly. He used to get mad at me because the same goose would come take bread out of my hand lol We weren't allowed around them when they had their young though.

• Options
    Ok I just need to ask a question ~

are-you-excited-yet.gif
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »

are-you-excited-yet.gif

yes but I'm affraid I say yes to join... and then something happens so I can't make it... and then I'm not allowed in the next game... :worried:
  • Options

are-you-excited-yet.gif

yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-8.png

Umm, maybe. Just a little.
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

are-you-excited-yet.gif

yes but I'm affraid I say yes to join... and then something happens so I can't make it... and then I'm not allowed in the next game... :worried:

Don't be afraid! If anything does happen all you need to do is let either Addy or I know as soon as you can and you will be allowed next time.

The only people who are not allowed again are those who joined and then just plain didn't carry through and never let us know. If it's personal issue all you need to do is say that. You don't need to explain.

You can get a hold of me here, my page, or through email and you can get a hold of Addy here or on her my page. We don't recommend my page though in case a lot of people post on them. (Not as much of an issue now adays.)

So no worries. Relax and have fun! Ok?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    anettesb wrote: »

are-you-excited-yet.gif

One - don't be afraid to say yes.
    Two - we would :love: for you to say yes and join this, but absolutely no pressure to do so. Ever.
    Three - Even if you said yes & then something happened so you couldn't participate wouldn't result in your not being able to join the next time
    because
    the only reason we have asked people to not return is when they don't gift AND don't tell us that they aren't going to.

Things happen. We know this. RL gets in the way of fun things like this "event" sometimes with not so fun stuff like emergencies or major computer issues or whatnot. Tanu and I understand this and are more than willing to help out in any way that we can on the gift exchange side of things (and of course we'll send positive thoughts toward whatever is going on!) but our main focus is ensuring that every single Buddy gets at least one homemade gift during the gifting period.

Hope this helps ease your mind while explaining how we think.

Edit: okay, okay... what Tanu said. I was typing mine out when she posted. Hers is shorter but the point is the same :smiley:
  • Options
    oh you 2 thank you... then I will join, and just pray for the best.