Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JAMMIN JULY GIFT EXCHANGE ~~~ SIMS 3 ONLY ~~~ CC FREE ~~~ Gifting Now Open!!!!! :)

Comments

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    *hugs* :smiley:

I will definitely be stopping by!

I have one more exam, (German), before I am finished with school for good. But I've basically left. How cool is that? Leaving school? Very happy about that :smile: I made the decision to take a gap year, and so will not be going to uni immediately next year. But during the last few months, I wrote & completed an 83K word novel, which I'm really pleased with :smile: I'm sending it off to be critiqued by a professional, and after that work is done, I guess I might try and publish!? I don't know, of course, whether I'll succeed or not, but if you never try you never know, right? :smile:

That's great - what does she want to study? :smile: Yes, it must be daunting having her leave home... More Sim-time, maybe? :wink: You'll have to take up a new hobbie! Or travel! :sunglasses: First class, ha ha

Good to hear from you :smiley: YJ
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @YellowJane :) It is very nice to see you! Sending smiles to you :)

And right back at you, Rose! :smile: Hope you're doing okay!
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    YellowJane wrote: »
    'Sup fam! *waves at aunts*

WELL!

tumblr_mqqumpAsW01r65wm7o1_500.gif

A gift exchange! It's nice to see some of these things are still going on, over here. I can't join this one, but I did want to stop by and say hello on the thread - as well as letting you know what a great thing it is you're doing :smile: I do miss the old forums lots and lots, so it's really nice that at least a few old faces are here when I drop in.

I hope you're all doing great :blush::wink: Miss ya :cry:

YJ

@YellowJane
    My long lost nephew!!!! I'm still waiting for that email you know!

I do really miss seeing you but I know what life is throwing at you makes if difficult to be here but please know your Aunt Tanu thinks of you tons and hopes you'll have time to email again soon. I loved talking to you and sharing things that way. I think it's good your taking a gap year at this time. It will all work out just wait and see!!

Of course if that novel is published then your Aunt will be able to purchase a signed copy correct?? B)

Looking forward to having you stop in as often as time allows as well. Take Care! Huge Hugs!!!

Wait a minute! Stop everything!!! OLD FACES?? Hmmm.... Just what are you implying young man!? :p

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member

I have one more exam, (German), before I am finished with school for good. But I've basically left. How cool is that? Leaving school? Very happy about that :smile: I made the decision to take a gap year, and so will not be going to uni immediately next year. But during the last few months, I wrote & completed an 83K word novel, which I'm really pleased with :smile: I'm sending it off to be critiqued by a professional, and after that work is done, I guess I might try and publish!? I don't know, of course, whether I'll succeed or not, but if you never try you never know, right? :smile:

That's great - what does she want to study? :smile: Yes, it must be daunting having her leave home... More Sim-time, maybe? :wink: You'll have to take up a new hobbie! Or travel! :sunglasses: First class, ha ha

Congratulations on finishing school (for the time being) and a novel, too! How satisfied and relieved you must be feeling, right about now. Yes! DO work on getting it published and be sure to let us know where we can find a copy of our very own... supporting friends in their creative endeavors is something my husband & I both like to do.

Hubby happens to be taking an online course to brush up on his rusty German (learned years ago when he was stationed in Germany) because... 2016 will bring our 25th wedding anniversary as well as her graduation and we three are going to EUROPE!!!

Her current passion is Psychology and she wants to work with school-aged students. She has always listened to friends and helped give advice with their various situations (personal and otherwise) when they came to her... so it seems natural for her to want to earn a degree in this field. She is leaning towards several schools in our state for her undergrad studies so she can see us on the weekends (laundry and Sunday night dinner) then going out-of-state for her Master's degree. time will tell if this changes or not.

Daunting? I think more for her, than me (at this moment, but I'll cry buckets when she goes) as it is hitting her hard that friends she has had for years are all looking at different colleges and she'll be in a dorm and not at home. Growing up is a good thing, but it is a somewhat bumpy road at times.

More Sim-time is always a plus! Hobbies and traveling are good choices, too. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,726 Member
    Hello Addy :) It is exciting that you and your husband are celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary next year and that the three of you are travelling to Europe! You would be enjoying planning for the trip!
    It is very nice that your daughter is looking to pursue a career in Psychology. She sounds a very caring person.
    I hope that her last week of school and her finals go very well.
  • Options
    Thank YOU, dear Rose!

You're right... lot of excitement getting ready for all of these new adventures. Hubby is the only one who has gone to Europe so he'll be showing us some of the places he lived in/visited and we'll also see other sights and make this trip truly memorable for all of us. Can't wait!!!

She is, she is. She rocks my socks and I'm so very proud of who she is and looking forward to seeing the adult she'll become.

She'll do fine with her exams and we're taking her and her best friend out to lunch after the final final on Friday. The seniors also graduate that day and both indicated that they wanted to attend the ceremony to support some friends so we'll be enjoying that outing as well.
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Welcome back, @blacksheba1973 and @Kgaff!
    GLAD you could join in the fun once more :smiley:

Hello and nice to meet you, @Catdog123 :smile:
    Welcome! These gift exchanges are enjoyable in many ways ~ meet new friends, chat and possibly learn new tips while getting inspiration for build ideas (I always do when I see the things people create!), as well as get a shopping cart full of new game goodies.

Nice to meet you as well, I think we have a few mutual friends as your avatar and name looks very familiar.

Quick question, for posting pictures of a gift, how many pictures is too many for this thread?
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    Nice to meet you as well, I think we have a few mutual friends as your avatar and name looks very familiar.

Yes, we do have a few mutual friends as your avatar and name are familiar to me as well. What can I say? We have GREAT taste in friends!
    Quick question, for posting pictures of a gift, how many pictures is too many for this thread?

Tanu might chime in with an opinion that is different from mine, but I lean towards 3-5 per gift. You are always welcome to take more (we LOVE seeing pictures!), but you might want to create a separate gifting thread to present them or you could use a site like Photobucket and share a link to the album you create.
  • Options
    Welcome back, @blacksheba1973 and @Kgaff!
    GLAD you could join in the fun once more :smiley:

Hello and nice to meet you, @Catdog123 :smile:
    Welcome! These gift exchanges are enjoyable in many ways ~ meet new friends, chat and possibly learn new tips while getting inspiration for build ideas (I always do when I see the things people create!), as well as get a shopping cart full of new game goodies.

I would be one of those mutual friends! :)

I try not to post more than six pictures or so in a post. You can do two posts or start a new thread. Or like Addy said you can link to an outside source for your pictures also. It isn't so much a problem to post the pictures as when someone quotes your post and doesn't remove them it can cause thread issues.

You can also use the link on the first post and go back to the gifting section in past exchanges and see how others have presented their gifts. That may help you out a lot when thinking of what you'd like to do. B)

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Yep was thinking of you Tanu and GC. :) Was looking at the older threads and I will probably post a few pictures here and a link to a thread or photo bucket (I am liking the album idea actually) if there is quite a few more which knowing me there will probably will be. My screenshots folder is embarrassingly hefty for the sims and my other PC games. Now that newer consoles can take screenshots I am in trouble when ever I play a game lol. :P Edit: Many of my posts will be edited as I am quite fluent in the language of typonese as I type as fast as I talk in real life and don't notice glaring mistakes. lol :P
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Lol We all have that typonese issue :p
  • Options
    Typonese, hmm... and here I thought it was typo monkeys playing silly little tricks :p
  • Options
    Typonese, hmm... and here I thought it was typo monkeys playing silly little tricks :p
    Lol I think those typo monkeys are the founders of the language.

Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options

Ah, so that is why their chipper chitter chatter over keyboard keys click clacking away sounds so familiar... it is the mischievous typonese language which is somehow distantly related to foot-in-the-mouth moments and twisted tangled words ~ both of which I am also more familiar with than I'd like to be :anguished:
  • Options

Ah, so that is why their chipper chitter chatter over keyboard keys click clacking away sounds so familiar... it is the mischievous typonese language which is somehow distantly related to foot-in-the-mouth moments and twisted tangled words ~ both of which I am also more familiar with than I'd like to be :anguished:

Hehe ya I have quite a few foot in mouth moments as well.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    edited June 2015
    Okay, here I go! :)

Username: Silvakristiina

EP's: All EP's except In to the Future

SP's: Fast Lane, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Town Life

I have the following Store Content: Almost all, no need to stress over it :)

I have the following Worlds: All but Barnacle Bay

Some of my favorite Colors are: All shades of green, bright blue, pastels/neons/muted colours

I really don't like this Color: -

I love to use this set: Le Cirque Esprit, Bohemian Garden, Brunch at the Old Mill, Drifters desire

I play mostly in this world: -

I enjoy this style of build the most: fantasy or historical

I really don't want this in my game: I'm open for everything :)

I would like lots of the following sizes: small and large

I don't enjoy: berry sims, zombies, werewolves

I would enjoy horses

If you want more specific inspiration, I have an Unofficial Wishlist here.
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited May 2015
    *hyperventilates* I'm so excited there's going to be another gift exchange! I've been waiting, hoping you would run another one, because I was always too shy before to enter, but regretted not joining and they sound like so much fun and... *takes deep breath* Okay, I'm good now. Need to calm down. I'm in the middle of several projects right now, because I have a bad habit of switching back and forth between things. So I am going to make myself wait until I finish at least one, maybe two of them before I let myself put in a letter. I want to make sure I can follow through on this and give my buddy my best. But I just wanted to say how excited I am about this and I really, really hope I can join in. :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Hello everyone!

Username: ciane

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All BUT Katy Perry Sweet Treats

I have the following Store Content: All sets except Victorian clothing. Most items except some single clothing items or some bonus items.

I have the following Worlds: All :D

Some of my favorite Colors are: blue greens and blue violets

I really don't like this Color: All colors are great, but maybe not muddied hues.

I love to use this set: Bauhaus! I love, love, love great windows!

I play mostly in this world: Hm, tough choice, but mostly Sunset Valley.

I enjoy this style of build the most: Unusual, but efficient and artistic. I really loved the look of the rooms on Lunar Lakes, but I was disappointed by all the stairs to get anywhere. So I need a great style that only needs one flight of stairs up and/or down.

I really don't want this in my game: Large families and/or homes or pets. (They tend to bog down a game.)

I would like lots of the following sizes: I love the small lots that come with a world. That way they can be placed on larger lots.

I don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. Not so much.

I would not enjoy pets in the household. One pet is okay, but more than that is a lot more work.

Other: I would really like to see you challenge yourself to do something you've always wanted to do, but haven't tried. Have you wanted a walk-out basement? Have you tried adding friezes? Is there a floor plan you've always wanted to attempt? Have you always wanted to make your own community lot? I'll enjoy seeing you do something new. ; )
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    'Sup fam! *waves at aunts*

WELL!

tumblr_mqqumpAsW01r65wm7o1_500.gif

A gift exchange! It's nice to see some of these things are still going on, over here. I can't join this one, but I did want to stop by and say hello on the thread - as well as letting you know what a great thing it is you're doing :smile: I do miss the old forums lots and lots, so it's really nice that at least a few old faces are here when I drop in.

I hope you're all doing great :blush::wink: Miss ya :cry:

YJ

@YellowJane
    My long lost nephew!!!! I'm still waiting for that email you know!

I do really miss seeing you but I know what life is throwing at you makes if difficult to be here but please know your Aunt Tanu thinks of you tons and hopes you'll have time to email again soon. I loved talking to you and sharing things that way. I think it's good your taking a gap year at this time. It will all work out just wait and see!!

Of course if that novel is published then your Aunt will be able to purchase a signed copy correct?? B)

Looking forward to having you stop in as often as time allows as well. Take Care! Huge Hugs!!!

Wait a minute! Stop everything!!! OLD FACES?? Hmmm.... Just what are you implying young man!? :p

Tanuuuuuuuuuuu :D

Which email is this!? I'm so sorry! Let me know what I've not done, and I'll set it straight asp :dizzy:
    I will of course email you anyway, soon as :) I hope so, it's always good when things work out ;) it's been a tough year, tbh, for lots of reasons aside school - but I'm getting through it :) and writing helped! It is in many ways quite dark in terms of novels, but I am pleased with it! ;)

Of course I'd send you one! If it makes it, ha ha. You see, publishing here would mean it'd be released in the UK first, and like all these things, if it does well, it may get published in the USA. Usually here in Europe, if it 'makes it to America', it's considered a roaring success, ha ha ^_^ You don't know how lucky you guys are!

Random I know, but do you guys watch the Ellen Show? I see her on YouTube, and wish we had her here :lol:

Pfft old - you!? Nahh you have to be at least 70 to be oldish ;) and even then - it's not for definite!

• Options

Congratulations on finishing school (for the time being) and a novel, too! How satisfied and relieved you must be feeling, right about now. Yes! DO work on getting it published and be sure to let us know where we can find a copy of our very own... supporting friends in their creative endeavors is something my husband & I both like to do.

Hubby happens to be taking an online course to brush up on his rusty German (learned years ago when he was stationed in Germany) because... 2016 will bring our 25th wedding anniversary as well as her graduation and we three are going to EUROPE!!!

Her current passion is Psychology and she wants to work with school-aged students. She has always listened to friends and helped give advice with their various situations (personal and otherwise) when they came to her... so it seems natural for her to want to earn a degree in this field. She is leaning towards several schools in our state for her undergrad studies so she can see us on the weekends (laundry and Sunday night dinner) then going out-of-state for her Master's degree. time will tell if this changes or not.

Daunting? I think more for her, than me (at this moment, but I'll cry buckets when she goes) as it is hitting her hard that friends she has had for years are all looking at different colleges and she'll be in a dorm and not at home. Growing up is a good thing, but it is a somewhat bumpy road at times.

More Sim-time is always a plus! Hobbies and traveling are good choices, too. :sunglasses:

Thank youu :) and woo for the supporting creativity! It's too easily pushed aside and forgotten. It's important to remember :open_mouth: I never understand people who value science ABOVE creative things like art and so on. They criticize artists for not being as clever as them, and go home to revise to some music. MUSIC = ART. Hello!?!? ;)

Oooh German! I know German :) not 100% fluently but I'm steadily getting there. I do it for A Level - it's my next exam, in two weeks. Ich habe seit sieben Jahren Deutsch gelernt, und obwohl ich oft Fehler mache, begeistere ich mich dafuer, und eines Tages habe ich keine Zweifel dass ich voellig fliessendes Deutsch sprechen koennte ;) Es ist ja eine schoene Sprache, und ausserdem ein schoenes Land. Freut mich dass er Deutsch uebt! Viel Glueck, 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

You're coming to Europe, woo! Whereabouts? Let me know if you come to the London area - I can give you local advice, ha ha ;D

Psychology - what a great career choice, if I may say so myself :) really important, too! She will go on to change and save lives, I am sure. I can see about her worrying about leaving friends, though :worried: Although if it helps, my mum said she made some of the best friends of her life at uni, and enjoyed it a lot more than school! Of her friends now, as many are friends she made in uni, as ones she made at school :) she'll meet some great new people I'm sure - bc everyone there will be as passionate about the things she is, as her ^_^
  • Options
    Okay, here I go! :)

I enjoy/don't enjoy: berry sims, zombies, werewolves

Welcome, @Silvakristiina!

One thing I wanted to point out ~ it isn't clear whether you do or don't enjoy berry Sims, zombies, werewolves.
    Would you please edit your letter so it shows either "enjoy" or "don't enjoy"... thanks!

• Options
    Yep was thinking of you Tanu and GC. :) Was looking at the older threads and I will probably post a few pictures here and a link to a thread or photo bucket (I am liking the album idea actually) if there is quite a few more which knowing me there will probably will be. My screenshots folder is embarrassingly hefty for the sims and my other PC games. Now that newer consoles can take screenshots I am in trouble when ever I play a game lol. :P Edit: Many of my posts will be edited as I am quite fluent in the language of typonese as I type as fast as I talk in real life and don't notice glaring mistakes. lol :P

u mean txt chat? ;) u kno, there was a time wen i used to type lyk ths all the time bc it was quicker bt 4 some reason i stoppd lol. i guess i grew out of it or smthng ;D + other ppl cdnt alwys understnd wut i was sayin yknow? got complicated and if ur talkin 2 ppl they might not thnk ur as intelligent as u act are etc ha ha

:wink:
  • Options
    *hyperventilates* I'm so excited there's going to be another gift exchange! I've been waiting, hoping you would run another one, because I was always too shy before to enter, but regretted not joining and they sound like so much fun and... *takes deep breath* Okay, I'm good now. Need to calm down. I'm in the middle of several projects right now, because I have a bad habit of switching back and forth between things. So I am going to make myself wait until I finish at least one, maybe two of them before I let myself put in a letter. I want to make sure I can follow through on this and give my buddy my best. But I just wanted to say how excited I am about this and I really, really hope I can join in. :)

@KaytayRoall

Join! Join! Join! Just sayin' ;)

We have...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPi4TppSiIfY0JkxBSBmhDpuYcoo4xNrX5jlStovMfF2Pe1QVB

and lots of fun, too!!!
  • Options
    @ciane

Hooray!!! Welcome back :) GLAD you could join us again.
  • Options

u mean txt chat? ;) u kno, there was a time wen i used to type lyk ths all the time bc it was quicker bt 4 some reason i stoppd lol. i guess i grew out of it or smthng ;D + other ppl cdnt alwys understnd wut i was sayin yknow? got complicated and if ur talkin 2 ppl they might not thnk ur as intelligent as u act are etc ha ha

:wink:

Hehe If only it was txt chat. More just unintentional misspellings cause I am excited about what ever I am talking about. ;)
    Siggy_4.jpg