Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    I do have to say I think the reactions (although still flawed) are getting much better, certainly with the co workers, admittedly they don't really care that their friend get zapped that much - but some of them do which is the important bit. One of the requirements for levelling up early on is to blast collogues with the ray, so I had to do it a lot at first - and it gave me hope that on a couple of occasions, the other workers stopped and gasped at what happened. Admittedly they went back to normal straight after - full grin and everything, and they had to be quite close to what was happening, but it's a start.

Just like a toddlers first steps... Hmm, yeah. I'd like to think eventually they'll fix things to work in a somewhat reasonably realistic manner, but honestly I'm not hoping for much more than a few small things like this each EP that are specifically relevant to that EP.

Great job with Mr. Sausages again.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Have you seen the latest "you rule" problem? If your Sim retires they lose access to their career perks they have unlocked.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/826712/sims-shouldnt-lose-access-to-unlocks-when-they-retire/p1
    I played my scientist through the entire science career. After a while, it gets boring, so I wanted to retire from science and try something else. Imagine my shock when I learned that my home chem machine would no longer let me use it when I retired. I earned the right to use this thing, how dare they take it away from me when I retired.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited April 2015
    I just love this chracter and thansk for the new eposide keep going.
    i dont know but i feel like iam reading an commic magzine like spider man or something

And i know how to make cc so maybe i can help
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Is it luck the way you capture these expressions or do you have some magic trick?

I'm sort of used to the way the characters go into their different animation cycles now after being with Sausages so long, so I'm getting quite skilled at pausing just at the right moment, or as close as I can. It also helps that I'm an animator, so I'm pretty used to spotting individual frames in a moving sequence that would be useful - I also get very lucky when there are other NPCs in the scene - like that bit with Charlene and the push-ups, she started doing them while Mr. Sausages was already half way through his 'tell story to self' interaction, so I knew there was a point in that action that made him look at the screen with a bemused face and a hand down gesture. Then I hit pause and hope for the best. It can be tricky when there are more than two of them, so have to compromise on a capture, because you can always guarantee one of them will be just standing there staring in to space with a silly grin ruining the shot.

I'm getting caught out a lot with the new expansion though, with loads of new stuff happening, so I often miss some great shots - like when I froze Miss Gardener for the first time, I was too busy laughing at the frozen result to get the grab of the former receptionist coming in and waving at him before sitting down - it would have been a more relevant and funny picture, but you can never predict these NPCs.

I do have to say I think the reactions (although still flawed) are getting much better, certainly with the co workers, admittedly they don't really care that their friend get zapped that much - but some of them do which is the important bit. One of the requirements for levelling up early on is to blast collogues with the ray, so I had to do it a lot at first - and it gave me hope that on a couple of occasions, the other workers stopped and gasped at what happened. Admittedly they went back to normal straight after - full grin and everything, and they had to be quite close to what was happening, but it's a start.
    Why am I not surprised you're an animator ;) I love what you're doing with this game. I hope you won't get tired of mr. Sausage for quite a while and keep sharing his adventures here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Pregnant sausage?
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Oh man Mr Sausages is not a good test subject for those aliens... his test numbers will throw off their data set... >.>
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Sorry, bit of a rush post tonight- I'll sort all the spellings and readability issues out tomorrow. Night all.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    We'll take what we can get :) Thank you!
  • Options
    bjork_fanbjork_fan Posts: 140 Member
    please make him pregnant :'(
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Thanks Emberdahl! /fangirling

If he has an alien baby it'll need a sausage outfit. Somehow...
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Oh thats cool we are getting pregnent mr.susages
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    About as close as I can get to an alien baby-sausage outfit for today, especially because I'm not particularly adept at making meshes and alien babies are shiny so their clothes are shiny.
    pY4pqSO.jpg
    hmmm... still needs a lot of work, but I'm done for the time being. I'll see how I go later if anyone is interesting in my keeping on with it :lol:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    About as close as I can get to an alien baby-sausage outfit for today, especially because I'm not particularly adept at making meshes and alien babies are shiny so their clothes are shiny.
    pY4pqSO.jpg
    hmmm... still needs a lot of work, but I'm done for the time being. I'll see how I go later if anyone is interesting in my keeping on with it :lol:

Omg amazing xD
  • Options
    Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2015
    The enormously large cop, omg :D tears!
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    That is totally wonderful, and I would certainly grab that off you @Frogprincess_q but about 10 more episodes have been already grabbed and ready to sort out. Not that I'm saying he has a baby of course, but if he did, pretend that it is wearing that outfit when I post up the rest of the story.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    O.o..the cliff hanger....
    funny.jpg

By the way, am I the only who is not that excited with pregnant sausage :( ?. Somehow I feel, it doesn't fit him.
  • Options
    I agree that it doesn't fit him, but it does fit the lambastment. Unwanted alien pregnancies are a very topical issue with GTW and I'm sure that Mr S. will respond perfectly :lol: as always.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    I agree that it doesn't fit him, but it does fit the lambastment. Unwanted alien pregnancies are a very topical issue with GTW and I'm sure that Mr S. will respond perfectly :lol: as always.

I almost forgot that this thread/story was created to address the issue with TS4...

I am having too much fun that I totally forgot that :blush: .
  • Options
    Susiechan wrote: »

I almost forgot that this thread/story was created to address the issue with TS4...

I am having too much fun that I totally forgot that :blush: .

LOL Ikr, me too :lol:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    I feel like Christmas has come early with sooo many updates just within the last few days. :D
  • Options
    That is totally wonderful, and I would certainly grab that off you @Frogprincess_q but about 10 more episodes have been already grabbed and ready to sort out. Not that I'm saying he has a baby of course, but if he did, pretend that it is wearing that outfit when I post up the rest of the story.

Aye aye /salute
    I'm really excited about another 10 episodes or so on the way :lol::lol::lol:

I'm going to have to complete this sausage baby outfit as an homage :blush:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    lissiea wrote: »
    I feel like Christmas has come early with sooo many updates just within the last few days. :D

Mr Sausagesmas? :D

*goes back to edge of seat* can't wait can't wait!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited April 2015
    “Ah, I was going to come to work,” said Charlene, “But I got a little busy doing normal human things, you know the usual, standing motionless by a tree, having a sleep then not bothering to change out of my underwear after waking, and then talking and waving at strangers, just like normal everyday personages.”

plumjob063.jpg
    alien or not but always a plum sim :D
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited April 2015
    There is nothing "advanced" about the emotions in TS4 yet they were so greatly advertised. My sim will randomly become "inspired" or "focused" from literally eating cereal.

17076959822_50a1862b7b_o.jpg ,

Here we have a TS2 Sim catching his gf cheating, note the expression on his face before any interaction occurs.