Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    @Emberdahl Have you upgraded that gun to mind control sims yet? Also the hive activity antenna is another thing Mr. S. will probably have a lot of fun with ;)
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    @Emberdahl Have you upgraded that gun to mind control sims yet? Also the hive activity antenna is another thing Mr. S. will probably have a lot of fun with ;)

You can upgrade the gun? /facepalm
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »

There were a few mishaps when he was completing his daily tasks...

plumjob025.jpg

OMG these expressions are priceless! :D
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    With all this talk of a Freeze Ray, am I the only one thinking about:

02_MyFreezeRay.jpg

Congrats on the job, Mr. Sausages! It's nice to know that if you really want something and you work hard, you can freeze people. :wink:
    giphy.gif

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    With all this talk of a Freeze Ray, am I the only one thinking about:

02_MyFreezeRay.jpg

Congrats on the job, Mr. Sausages! It's nice to know that if you really want something and you work hard, you can freeze people. :wink:

<3
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    What is our fanbase name going to be?

I'd suggest letting Mr Sausages name it but he'd probably just growl and say "plum you, plumming plums, get off my lawn"
    Grace1974P wrote: »

I'd suggest letting Mr Sausages name it but he'd probably just growl and say "plum you, plumming plums, get off my lawn"

So, we're the ''Plumming Plums!''
    Sausage maniacs. B)

Sausage Plum Club :D

Plumming Plum Sausage Maniacs' Sausage Plum Club.

Or PPSMSPC for short.
    Plummers United :)
    United Plummers Under Radical Sausage or

UP URS

More anagrams please!
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    For the love of all that is holy, please make a YouTube Let's Play of Mr. Sausage :-).
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Well- 20 pictures down 379 to go.

Bring on the Sausage!!! :D

The edge of my seat is getting a lot of wear...

Yeah, bring on Mr. Sausages .. \o/ \o/.. we have never had enough of him :D:D
  • Options
    OH my GOD...this is freaking hilarious

:D:D:D

I can't stop laughing...help me :D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    For the love of all that is holy, please make a YouTube Let's Play of Mr. Sausage :-).
    That sounds like a great idea.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlrlBqTIO54
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlrlBqTIO54

Yeah, like that...help me...before I die... :p
  • Options
    Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2015

Sausage maniacs. B)

Or PPSMSPC for short.
    ebuchala wrote: »

Sausage maniacs. B)

Or PPSMSPC for short.
    United Plummers Under Radical Sausage or

UP URS

Plum Lovers of the Ultimate Mr. Sausages or: P.L.U.M.S.

I now have a mental image of Mr. Sausages addressing the hordes of his stalkers fans with: ''Okay all you Plumming P.L.U.M.S., here's the deal!'' . . .probably shortly before the untimely expiration of half of us, but no matter, we'll eat it up, and scream for more! Long Live Sausages!
    Post edited by Rrriot_Kitty on
  • Options
    Only just scratched the surface of this one, these are mainly just scene setter episodes at the moment the main guts of the story with unfold later- there's still about 300 screengrabs to go yet. Bad news is I'm back to work myself in 15 minutes, so it might be a while before I can put the next ones up. Thanks again everyone for following this rather strange thread. See you in a bit.

Dag dag Mr.Sausa...err...@EmberDahl :D. See you in a bit.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I ended up having a mini photoshoot with Mr.Sausage merch! ^_^

2r4py6g.png
    Sausage wall!

2nvtp8h.png
    Photobomb...
    Oh my! Are all those poses in the EP or did you use a mod? Cos that is fab if EA put them in!
    The next day his co-workers were overjoyed at the transformation of the previously hideous assistant, he really seem ready to impress, with a cheeky joke and a smile, and he didn't violently threaten anyone even slightly.
    plumjob024.jpg
    Lol, the look on greenies face, as if to say 'is that really Mr Sausages being nice?'

Is it luck the way you capture these expressions or do you have some magic trick? Cos it's absolutely awesome.
  • Options
    thewatcheruatuthewatcheruatu Posts: 295 Member
    Sliders would be fantastic @Ayradyss , hopefully it's not too late to do something like that in the future.

One of the other concerns I have is how the Sims and their personalities are created. Now I suspect (but might be wrong - just a guess on what I have observed) is when wishes pop up- and you do them to build points, it seems to lock these things as how the characters act all the time, disregarding what they should be like because of their traits - sort of the method in choosing a bed- pick it enough and the Sim will choose that bed 95% of the time.

I never considered that. That would be really interesting if it were true. It wouldn't be a crazy way of determining what the Sims' autonomous actions should be.

• Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Is it luck the way you capture these expressions or do you have some magic trick?

I'm sort of used to the way the characters go into their different animation cycles now after being with Sausages so long, so I'm getting quite skilled at pausing just at the right moment, or as close as I can. It also helps that I'm an animator, so I'm pretty used to spotting individual frames in a moving sequence that would be useful - I also get very lucky when there are other NPCs in the scene - like that bit with Charlene and the push-ups, she started doing them while Mr. Sausages was already half way through his 'tell story to self' interaction, so I knew there was a point in that action that made him look at the screen with a bemused face and a hand down gesture. Then I hit pause and hope for the best. It can be tricky when there are more than two of them, so have to compromise on a capture, because you can always guarantee one of them will be just standing there staring in to space with a silly grin ruining the shot.

I'm getting caught out a lot with the new expansion though, with loads of new stuff happening, so I often miss some great shots - like when I froze Miss Gardener for the first time, I was too busy laughing at the frozen result to get the grab of the former receptionist coming in and waving at him before sitting down - it would have been a more relevant and funny picture, but you can never predict these NPCs.

I do have to say I think the reactions (although still flawed) are getting much better, certainly with the co workers, admittedly they don't really care that their friend get zapped that much - but some of them do which is the important bit. One of the requirements for levelling up early on is to blast collogues with the ray, so I had to do it a lot at first - and it gave me hope that on a couple of occasions, the other workers stopped and gasped at what happened. Admittedly they went back to normal straight after - full grin and everything, and they had to be quite close to what was happening, but it's a start.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Sliders would be fantastic @Ayradyss , hopefully it's not too late to do something like that in the future.

One of the other concerns I have is how the Sims and their personalities are created. Now I suspect (but might be wrong - just a guess on what I have observed) is when wishes pop up- and you do them to build points, it seems to lock these things as how the characters act all the time, disregarding what they should be like because of their traits - sort of the method in choosing a bed- pick it enough and the Sim will choose that bed 95% of the time.

I never considered that. That would be really interesting if it were true. It wouldn't be a crazy way of determining what the Sims' autonomous actions should be.
    i wonder why the devs have even bothered to add traits
    why not from the start being able to train sims' character

the only ugly thing is that there are tons of whims which relate to certain actions like cooking
    but nearly none regarding other actions like working

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @EmberDahl

I do have to say I think the reactions (although still flawed) are getting much better, certainly with the co workers, admittedly they don't really care that their friend get zapped that much - but some of them do which is the important bit.

Do you think it's the EP or do think they actually might be "learning" .....in a very vague way.

I've been reading a lot about player's experience with the traits and things and I find it strange that while some people, like me, have a hard time seeing a difference in the Sims....no matter what it is and yet others seem to be very happy with it. Maybe it the difference is like a player preference.......you know like generational player vs evil, weird storyteller. I wonder if something could be added like a slider? You know to make an evil Sim more evil or an insane Sim act more insane.

It seems like some players think it's horrible to have an insane or evil Sim yet others don't like sunshine and lollipop Sims. It seems like a slider could intensify the traits. Would that be a hard thing to do?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    According to Gruffman, some of it is the moodlets etc. you get from surrounding things. If you keep them in a more barebones environment, no nicely decorated stuff etc. and no emotional auras they seem to act more like we would expect. Emotional reactions etc. are more true. Perhaps it is in how the players decorate etc.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    Hilarious
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    According to Gruffman, some of it is the moodlets etc. you get from surrounding things. If you keep them in a more barebones environment, no nicely decorated stuff etc. and no emotional auras they seem to act more like we would expect. Emotional reactions etc. are more true. Perhaps it is in how the players decorate etc.

I'm not sure about that. I tend to make very simple houses for the Sims that I'm going to be playing for a while. If I have an idea about a story I want to try I get anxious to play and environment is usually on the back burner. (I also like one story houses so it's easier to keep an eye on what everyone is up to.) In my current save the house is one story with all the necessities to move in. I figured I'd decorate as I went. There is no art work on the walls, no spiffy wallpaper pattern, curtains aren't up yet....nothing but what they need and yet I'm not getting reasonable reactions. If fact I had one Sim sitting at the table eating something and got the "nicely decorated" feeling.

And I can't get them to stick to one thing. Simple things like read a book.....no don't put it down to play on the computer....no don't put that book down to watch TV.....yes I could turn off free will but then nothing fun ever happens. I want to tear my hair out when I'm working on something like advancing a relationship. Their attention span and emotions are ricocheting all over the place.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I actually played it for like an hour and a half a few weeks ago, before the last patch, and I didn't even buy my sim a computer, except for long enough for her to adopt. I bought nothing really fun, except she has an easel, and her daughter has an art table and later I added a dollhouse. Oh and a bookshelf. They were better behaved than I remember from when I first got the game, but yeah there is a short attention span, and if left alone, my sim would go grab a book invariably. I didn't get her a job, she just paints. I didn't bother to make friends with anyone else. No unwanted visitors. I didn't bother to do anything but go to the park once. It was rather nice, except I had the fridge glitch everytime I got out and went back in.