Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Cath sweetie love love this awesome creation! Thank you for sharing it on the app thread with us!!
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Oh my goodness Cath! This modern home is AMAZING!! I think I must have it for my game! I am not very good at landscaping [even in TS3], lol. Take all the time you need sweety! HUGS
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Cath -- it's gorgeous! The bunk beds -- clever! Is the top bed usable? You are brilliant :-) Faved and will be adding to my game. Oh, my team mates are so very talented!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    Hello Cath! I have a small delay in comments but here I am! :)

Dreams Of Sweet Sunshine is really sweet room! If I had such a lovely room I would be very happy kid... :)

Phoenix Ridge - lovely small modern house! I like chocolate brown! And green too so this is a house for me! :)
  • Options
    Yvonne2772Yvonne2772 Posts: 174 Member
    Hello Cath :)
    Very beautiful house. All interiors are great. I like the living room and bedroom :)
    Phoenix Ridge this lovely modern house :)
    j456ume9wx4u.jpg[img][/img]
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Beautiful house with gorgeous interiors. Really like the islands in the pool, look like 'stepping stones' awesome :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Phoenix Ridge is a very nice home! :) The slanted roofing is very nice! Very nice exterior design of the home! The stone texture of the pillars and ridge fencing looks great , and the colour and texture of the exterior walls looks nice. Very nice front area of the build! The water fountain feature beside the front porchway is very nice for sims to see when coming to enter the home. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and rocks on the front edges of the ridge fencing. The fenced ridges of water around the edges of the home looks very nice! The way you have placed the three trees together in the front yard and the tree on its own gives a great look to the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! The windows look very nice how you have placed them on the sides of the home! It looks very nice how you have placed the trees and the flowers between the trees on the side of the home. Very nice backyard pool and outdoors living patio! The design of hsbing the deck patio into the pool looks great! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or relaxing poolside on the chair under the shade of the umbrella. The islands look great in the pool! Great bar and bbq area. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine at the table eating a meal that they have cooked on the bbq and enjoying having a drink from the bar. The water fall fountain feature on the side of the pool is so very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! Very nice corners of windows both in the living room and the kitchen. The plants in the corners are nice touches of green and nature for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting relaxing on the sofa in front of the fire, enjoying watching tv. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas in the room. The brown patterned floor rug goes well with the colour scheme of the area. The orange and brown colour scheme of the living, dining and kitchen is very nice! The brickwork texture of the fireplace wall is nice. Very nice tv alcove! It looks nice how you have placed the shelves with the books and plants on them underneath the tv. The plants on the coffee table are a nice touch there. Very nice design of the kitchen! The brickwork texture of the kitchen walls is nice. Very nice window corner dining nook! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them whilst dining there. It looks great how you have placed the kitchen cabinets on the corner walls in the kitchen. It looks very nice how you have placed the shelves at the different levels on the kitchen wall and have placed the fruit pictures, knife block and spice set on them . The hanging pans and knife set on the wall are homely kitchen touches there. The bar stool counter is great! It looks nice that you have placed a bookcase on the edge of it. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the stereo whilst cooking and dining there. The alcove with lights in it on the wall beside the kitchen looks great! Very nice study desk nook area! The scenic pictures on the wall there are calming for the sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there using the computer.Very nice bedrooms! The green and brown colour scheme of the bedrooms is nice. The candles and plant are nice touches on the dresser in the master bedroom. It looks very nice how you have done the floor rug underneath the master bed! Very nice arnchairs sitting area! The blossom flowers look nice on the table between the chairs and in the corner nook. Sims will enjoy sitting having a chat there, and readibg a book from the bookcase. They will enjoy looking out through their bedroom windows at the outdoors views. It looks so nice how you have the corner of flowers! The corners of windows in the bedroom, living and kitchen are very nice areas for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in, as well as looking outside. The bunk bed in the kids room is great! It looks great that you have placed posters on the bed side wall. The books, sports items and bag on the floor at the foot of the bed are great home touches there! The study desk nook alcove area in the room is very great! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookshelves! The clock is a nice home touch on the wall. The kids will like seeing on the wall the awards that they have won whilst they are sitting there using the computer. The lamps look great how you have placed them on the desk, and the car looks great on the shelf!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Excellent work on Phoenix Ridge, Cath! :) Solid architecture, and your interiors never fail to impress me. Very kind of you to mention me as inspiration for the water feature, but please don't feel like you need to do that. I'm just so happy to see people creating them and in so many different ways. Still hoping we'll get a fog emitter type object at some point so we'll really have a lot of options for type and placement.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Great job, @WrathofCath Another very nice work! I'm trying to avoid using MOO but your builds make it really difficult for me to keep ignoring it. Great work on that landscaping!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Ms Cath!! Absolutely stunning. Inside is perfect. Great textures!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Vishisha, thank you for your awesome comments! :smiley:

@Nhicks, lol! :p No, I don't think you left anything at all, out! Thank you so very much for your lovely comments! :)

@RyeCris16, aww thanks for all the wonderful comments, Rye! Congrats on getting Outdoor Retreat! I know you're going to love it and build some Amazing homes there. ;) Congrats once again on your recent Maxis Faves! So nice to see your works being appreciated. :)<3

@BreeMiles, thank you sweet Bree! And thank You for setting up the app thread! It's a great place for everyone to share their latest creations. Hope you're getting through the last of this dreadful winter okay... I am So ready for Spring!!

@jenny0786, thank you Jenny! I hope I don't make you wait too long for your home, lol. I've got my thinking cap on for the bedrooms and have been playing around with them a little. I know what you mean about landscaping. It always takes me the longest there. I have to try out a bunch of different ideas, before it suddenly clicks and I know what I want to do. I'm crossing my fingers that inspiration will hit soon. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend! :)

@suepea, thank you Sue!! Sadly...no...the top bunk is not usable... I only use them to add some interest to the room. Getting kind of bored with the same-old, same-old, you know what I mean?....

@agusiamal, lol! Thank you Aggie! I like both chocolate and green for color too! :) Thank you for your very kind comments and for stopping by for a look. :relaxed:

@Yvonne2772, thank you for your lovely comments, Yvonne! :smiley:

@masajo, thank you for your wonderful comments Masajo! "stepping stones" is Exactly the look I was going for! The only thing that bugs me, is that we can't change the color of the *grey* border on the edge of the pool... I tried to hide it with shelving, but then my sim couldn't get into the pool. I hope they fix this somewhere down the line. :expressionless:

@rosemow, Hello sweet Rose! Thank you so much for your kind review and for always taking the time to both look at the build and write such a detailed comment! I appreciate it and you very much! :)<3

@BryonyRae, say no more! I won't keep mentioning you time after time. :p Although I have to say, I AM very thankful for your Awesome ideas! And the fact that it doesn't bug you that we *steal* them from you, lol. Thank you for the very nice comments, Bry!

@Ash072, thank you for the lovely comments Ash! And I just know that one of these days, you will break down and Have to use MOO, lol. :p Seriously though, I would be a Lot happier if it worked better than it does right now... I have found that most things seem to stay in place when I try placing the lot in other locations, but every once in a while, something will go missing. So annoying!

@Cassee, thank you for the wonderful comments, Cass! :)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath Phoenix Ridge is a wonderful build, love the architecture and the muted colours of the exterior. :) It is beautifully decorated with many inspiring ideas . Hugs Folly
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    I love Phoenix Ridge. The colors are so serene and the way you did the fountain over the pool -- genius!
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    I really like the interior design on Phoenix Ridge :) Very interesting color combinations and quite inspiring
    at the same time. Great design of the kitchen with the brick wall! Also, great use of MOO :D Nice job Cath!
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Phoenix Ridge looks great Cath :# Your interiors are always impeccable! Love the colours you chose!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Phoenix Ridge looks wonderful! Great modern build. I love the pool area with the fountain. Inside, all the rooms are perfectly decorated. I always love the way you combine colours and textures. I especially love the kitchen and the living room. <3 The kids room also looks wonderful. Great job Cath. Will be adding to my favourites when I open the game. :)
  • Options
    @follyfoot, thank you so much for the lovely comments, Folly! It's always so nice to see you! Hugs, <3<3

@Brennachan, thank you for stopping by for a peek Brenna and for the very kind comments! :)<3

@Manssom, thank you for the kind comments Manssom! I do love me some MOO, but I wish they could make it work a lot better. I had to make so many changes in my newest build, due to MOO mishaps. :p

@Cerrydd, aww thanks for the wonderful comment! :)

@yanti68, thank you so much for your awesome comments Yanti! It's always so lovely to visit with you! :)<3<3

You guys are such good friends! :)<3 I really do appreciate the time each of you takes to stop by and show your support. Group Hug!! :D<3<3
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Averleigh 4br, 4ba
    Lot size: 50x50
    Cost: $477,451
    No CC

Gallery Link

This is a DNA Request for Jenny0786. I wanted to get it to her as quickly as I could because she'll be starting school soon. YAY Jenny!! :D I stayed pretty close to the floor plan with a just a few minor changes. As asked, I used the intended garage area for a study, gym and children's playroom. I think I managed to get most of the skill items in except for the rocket and the cupcake machine. They are both so big, they would have taken up most of the space. :p The yard on the left side of the house should be big enough to place those items, if you would like your sim to skill up in those areas. So here we go!

Inspiration picture:
    Screen%20Shot%202015-03-20%20at%205.26.11%20PM_zpsdalafdei.png
    My version:
    03-20-15_11-31nbspAM_zpswdr0abxk.png
    03-20-15_11-41nbspAM-2_zpse5ws0rj1.png
    03-20-15_2-00nbspPM_zpst4akzahq.png
    03-20-15_11-42nbspAM_zps1c8u1gyw.png

Original floor plan:
    Screen%20Shot%202015-03-20%20at%205.26.29%20PM_zpst33t1vbv.png
    My version:
    03-20-15_1-52nbspPM-2_zps9kedd3nf.png

And some more pics of the outdoor areas:
    03-20-15_2-01nbspPM_zpswt5xivth.png
    03-20-15_12-24nbspPM_zps0kxo6amv.png

So I had this whole idea to put in a diving board. I enlarged one of the shelves and found some items to make the pedestal part with. It looked so cool! :) Then while I was play testing and checking to make sure it would load okay to a different lot, I found out that sadly, it would not work. During transfer, the shelf falls to the ground just like the Christmas lights do on a fence. :angry: I know the *table* doesn't look anywhere near as nice as my original plan, but you get the gist. ......We Need Real Diving Boards!.....
    03-20-15_11-34nbspAM_zpsbf3x9j1d.png
    03-20-15_11-34nbspAM-2_zpsakxhyx2v.png
    03-20-15_11-33nbspAM-2_zpstm7byebp.png
    03-20-15_11-35nbspAM_zps0tphjap3.png
    03-20-15_11-36nbspAM_zpsdlwoqmvc.png
    03-20-15_11-39nbspAM_zps3bvwqmik.png
    03-20-15_11-38nbspAM_zpsin9zkybm.png
    03-20-15_11-41nbspAM_zpsaosz7e2s.png
    Finally we can move inside. :D
    03-20-15_11-44nbspAM-2_zpsqvuv0asy.png
    03-20-15_11-46nbspAM_zpsdo4a6bsz.png
    03-20-15_11-47nbspAM_zpskis5bubr.png
    03-20-15_11-49nbspAM_zpsey4nczq2.png
    03-20-15_11-59nbspAM_zpsxewnisj0.png
    03-20-15_11-45nbspAM-2_zpsgef1a5dr.png
    Master Suite:
    03-20-15_12-07nbspPM-4_zpsjoahdgml.png
    03-20-15_12-07nbspPM-2_zpsadl7nox8.png
    03-20-15_12-11nbspPM_zpskiv9hq4u.png
    Gym:
    03-20-15_12-01nbspPM_zpsxucjgfd9.png
    Playroom:
    03-20-15_12-02nbspPM-2_zps7zoiub1r.png
    03-20-15_12-03nbspPM_zpswhc4r5wy.png
    Study and Skill room:
    03-20-15_12-04nbspPM-3_zps0ojq2atc.png
    03-20-15_12-05nbspPM_zpsz6ncslyl.png
    Laundry Room:
    03-21-15_4-30nbspPM_zpsxrvbw61a.png
    Teen Room:
    03-20-15_12-13nbspPM_zpsac4icrix.png
    03-20-15_12-13nbspPM-2_zps3jp4oi6k.png
    03-20-15_12-16nbspPM-2_zpsvdctbsj2.png
    Kids rooms:
    03-20-15_12-22nbspPM-3_zpsynidv8rg.png
    03-20-15_12-21nbspPM-2_zps8cf5jkkn.png
    03-20-15_12-17nbspPM-2_zpsd99xyqza.png
    03-20-15_12-17nbspPM_zpsbtvxjr5t.png
    Kids bath:
    03-20-15_12-18nbspPM-4_zps4lzivao7.png
    03-20-15_12-20nbspPM_zpsr8a55nup.png
    03-20-15_12-21nbspPM_zpsrajktsrg.png

If anyone would care to torture themselves, there are a few more pics here

EDIT: To add the laundry room :relaxed:

And there you have it! I hope it's everything you were hoping for Jenny :)

Sweet Dreams!
    03-20-15_2-17nbspPM_zpsz4gbpndq.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    OH MY GOODNESS! Cath this looks AMAZING! It turned out just wow! I love the way you have done everything! Hopefully we will get diving boards soon; but I still like what you did with the pool! I need to get it in game NOW! LOL.
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Beautiful house and a wonderful work, my dear Cath !! :)<3
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Absolutely fabulous new build, everything about this is stunning, particularly like the turtle bathroom .. outstanding work
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    @jenny0786, lol! :p Thank you Jenny! I hope you have as much fun playing with it as I did building it! :)

@AIRIS6962, thank you so much my sweet friend! :)<3<3

@masajo, thank you so very much for the wonderful comments, Masajo! They mean so much to me, coming from such a fabulous creator, as you! :)<3

• Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    I just had a look at some of your builds and they are fantastic but I must say, my favorite parts are the landscaping. You are amazing at it!

I also read about your hesitation with building in the Sims 4 and that's where I am now. I've been wanting to build in the game but I'm hesitant because I'm so used to Sims 3 build I'm afraid I won't like it in the Sims 4. After seeing these pictures though, I think I might just have to knuckle up and try it. :)
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Averleigh is such a very nice home! :) You have reflected the inspiration real life home so very well in simform , both the exterior and the interior! It looks just like the real life home! The exterior is very nice! The dormers are very nice! The open shutter windows are nice and the stone texture of the exterior looks great. It looks very pretty how you have placed the flowers on the edges of the front of the home and have the border of flowers too! The front porch is nice. Very nice garage area from the real life home that you have turned into using as a study, gym and playroom. The side alcove harvestable garden area is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the garden boxes there. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there to use in cooking or potions. It looks nice how you have gated the area and placed hedge fencing on the sides. The back patio outdoors living, dining and pool patio is very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. The idea of having a diving board looks great! The flowers on the edges of the fencing there are very pretty for sims to see when swimming. The sunflowers look sunny! The fireplace sitting area alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofas looking at all that is happening outdoors. The candles and lamps are nice touches on the coffee table and fireplace ledge. It looks nice how you hsve the double steps to the alcove area and the plants look nice how you hsve placed them either sides of the steps. The children's playground area is very great! They will have lots of fun there! It looks great how you have placed the pirate ship on the water and have placed turtles in the water! The toy animals look very cute in the corner! The children will have fun playing on the monkey bars or with the doll house, as well as enjoying doing experiments on the science table or artwork on the art table. Very nice design of the outdoors kitchen and bar area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the umbrella covered table, enjoying the sunshine. It is nice that they can also enjiy sitting at the table having a drink from the bar too. The campfire nook alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting around the fire toasting food, chatting and telling stories. The floor patterning there looks great! The smaller raised children's pool is very nice! It looks great how you have done steps up to the pool. The corner water fountain feature is so very lovely! It looks so very nice how you have placed the flowers and the rocks there! It is such a very calming and peaceful sight to look at! Nice outdoors chess table nook . Sims will have fun playing chess in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the shelves and the items on the shelves on the living room wall! The diagonal positioning of the shelves and the picyures looks so very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas having a chat and watching tv., warming up in front of the fire. The blossom plants either sides of the fireplace and on the table behind the sofa are nice touches there for sims to enjoy seeing. The colour scheme of the room is calming. Very nice design of the kitchen! The stove alcove is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels and placed the cabinets there! The curved bar stool and sink counter is great! The cabinets and ckubters in the kitchen look so nice how you have placed them! The island counter is great! The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on top of the counter. Very nice breakfast nook dining area! It looks very nice how you have done the side wall display cabinets and shelves section! The placement of the crockery cabinets either sides of the ledges, the fruit bowl, jars, spice rack, bottles and books on the ledges and the shelving over the top of it, all looks so very great. The mooing work in the home is very great! It looks nice how you have created a larger dining table there, and placed msby seats around the edges of it. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst dining there. The enlarged fruit pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see when dining there. The black and white colour scheme of the separate dining room is very nice! The three mirror item on the wall adds to the nice look of the room. The crockery cabinets, dogs and plants are nice touches on and next to the window table. Very nice music and bar room! Sims will enjoy rekaxing on the armchair there, listening to music from the grand piano being played and having a drink from the bar. The bar counter area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the drinks display cabinets behind the bar and have the bookcases either sides of the bar. It looks great! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The colour schemes of the rooms are very nice! The guitars look great on the bedhead wall in the teens room! The girls room is so very pretty! The pink colour scheme of the room, the floral wall pattern, and the butterflies pictures are so very nice! The heart teddy, panda , bunny and books look cute on the window sofa! The different coloured half rooms in the boys room looks very great! It looks a very nice colourful room! The green and briwh colour scheme of the master bedroom is very nice! Nice fireplace sitting, tv watching and reading area. The bookcases look nice how you have placed them either sides of the fireplace.The playroom is a very fun and cute place for child sims to enjoy spending time! It looks great how you have placed alternating blue and yellow armchairs there, for sims to enjoy sitting there watching programs on the cute penguin tv! The toy animals in the room are very cute! It looks nice how you have placed bookcases either sides of the tv, to create a nice tv corner nook. The blue colour scheme of the kids bathroom looks so very nice! The turtles look great on the floor! Sims will have fun playing chess or card table games in the study and skills room, as well as enjoying painting on the easel or crafting items on the woodwork table. It is nice that you have doubke study desks in the room, for sims to use the computers at the same time in the same room. There are other nice details in all the rooms too! I will stop writing now though.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Ooooh!! Beautiful! Great job bringing that into the game. LOVE that blue bathroom with the turtle decals!
    5sXtTqH.png