Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I hope you fix this soon! I would love to see more Sausage episodes. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2015
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    A couple of things:

1. I have read this entire thread and have been delighted in reading/watching the developments of Mssr. Sausage and horrified at just how lifeless Sims seem to be. I feel horrible in saying this because I know that there had to be some people on the development team that loved this idea and genuinely wanted it to thrive. This was an idea that they believed in, but it's just not being implemented properly, and that can be one of the most heart-crushing things in the entire world, especially as a creator of something.

2. I see people saying that they're going to boycott TS4 until TS5 is created, but what I don't think people understand is that if enough copies of TS4 don't sell and EA gets the idea that people don't care about The Sims anymore, there won't be a Sims 5. It is readily apparent that EA is a very cutthroat company and will quickly axe things if they think it's not bringing them enough in profits.

3. All Sims games have their positives and their negatives. All of them. Every single one. This game has absolutely blossomed when it comes to its artistic direction (whether you like the cartoony look or not, you have to admit that it looks good for the style it was going for), it has given us the ability to do things we couldn't do before without serious modding that, occasionally, vomited all over it's shirt front (no more pregnancy clothes! All clothes are pregnancy clothes!! YES), and it has made sharing Sims, homes, and more incredibly easy within the community. I can honestly say that I'll go back to TS3 sometimes and wish that there were a Gallery included in it! At the same time, like I said, there are some horrible flaws. Unfortunately, emotions is one of them. But I really do wish that people would keep any positives that they may have of this newest Sims installment in mind when they talk about the negatives, if only because if there's too much negative talk, development on this game may be cut, as well as development on The Sims franchise in general.

Looking forward to the next installment of this wonderful thread!

1. I'm sure it is difficult to realize that something you thought was a good idea does not translate into working in the real world.

2. I refuse to support a game for the reason "there won't be another." EA would be making a very bad business decision if they discontinued the series and gave up such a well known and well loved franchise because of one unsuccessful iteration, but honestly, I'd rather not play a Sims 5 than play a game that extends on the current vision.

A part of me is hoping that EA has learned their lesson about city planners with the success of City: Skylines. The market is there and wants to play and throw their money, but it has to be worth the money for people to support it. Maybe they'll start getting the clue that they have to provide what the consumer wants, not that the consumer will have to buy whatever is tossed at us.

3. I actually prefer the artistic of Sims 3, which surprises me given the game is now nearly 6 years old. I would expect a game that was released late 2014 to have FAR better graphics than one released mid-2009, but I just don't see it. It's more than just aesthetics. The level of detail looks to be much better in Sims 3, though Sims 4 does make use of better shadows, though I actually prefer Sims 3 lighting.

I'll give you the pregnancy clothing. What I did in Sims 3 was download a couple of CC maternity outfits, and I use NRAAS master controller to edit the pregnant outfits so I have a HUGE variety of maternity wear. Taking out CASt limits me so much more than I expected.
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    looks like I'm stuck with that no disk oddity- luckily it finally lets me play after 5 minutes of spinning diamonds. Yeesh. I really wish you could choose not to update.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm finding so many bugs with this new patch and they all seem to be really odd, here's a great one while trying to get some screen grabs for a new episode. The same bin, two different people's options for it (I just want to empty the bin for a sequence)
    one half of the household seem to have no problem in getting an option to empty it- the other half seem to have forgotten they have a bin.

bins.jpg

very frustrating when I just want to do a little routine- at least I haven't got that garbled code text this time so I should be thankful for that I guess.

EDIT Arrrrrg- now he can't even walk through a front door, yet the others can.

EDIT AGAIN- my mistake, he can walk through it from one direction, but not the other. I just used that teleport cheat, and he's fine going out, but he still can't walk back in.
    I hope I don't have to do that complete start again folder thing again.
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    @EmberDahl - Hope you get your glitches sorted out so you can continue this entertaining thread. Your stories and others' comments on them inspired me to make a new family in Sims 2, 3, and 4 and compare and contrast game features. I think right now Sims 2 is my favorite of the franchise, but each version (even Sims 1, which I spent countless hours playing) has its own advantages and disadvantages.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    *puts on doctor suit* it sounds like mr sausages may have decided to rage through your hard drive. Hrm. Yes.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Has a SimGuru seen/commented on this thread?
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    Loved his new outfit :D
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    I literally LOL'd at the height chart for the mug shots.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I literally LOL'd at the height chart for the mug shots.

Me too :grin:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    This thread is GREAT! Gotta love Mr Sausages!!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Man, do I love this Sausage!

screen254.jpg

Just look at that face, lol.
  • Options
    @EmberDahl you're my hero.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    So funny! Love your use for the new gnome!
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015

screen259.jpg
    screen260.jpg

umm.. what's That (points to Mr Sausages .. erm..) dangling so freely between his lap? .. I didn't know sausages have plums! xD

I apologise for my crude sense of humour. But I couldn't help but spit my tea out when I saw those last screenies.. and HIS expression is priceless!! :lol: bahaha

I absolutely Adore this thread and am rooting for Mr Sausages! I've become an instant Mr Sausages fan! :)

Please keep doing more!! You're unbelievably a talented (witty and gifted) storyteller! I've never been so entertained by a post about a sausage who has psycho tendencies before, and that's saying a lot! B)

I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    It's kind of morbidly funny that the patch broke mr sausages, I'm sorry @EmberDahl , best "showcase" ever >.>
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    14j4v4h.jpg lol and look what is hungry for sausage lol >:)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    It's all a bit odd, after it started acting up, I deliberately went to a save point well before the sausage story started too to see if that helped (in case all the death and destruction he caused was interfering) it didn't- so I guess something after the last 'fix' is causing an issue. I had to laugh at the patch notes about fixing a crash for people with 5 button mouses - did that sims themed mouse have 5 buttons? If so that is very amusing.

Oooh I'm one off my 200th post - I better make that one a good one.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    It's all a bit odd, after it started acting up, I deliberately went to a save point well before the sausage story started too to see if that helped (in case all the death and destruction he caused was interfering) it didn't- so I guess something after the last 'fix' is causing an issue. I had to laugh at the patch notes about fixing a crash for people with 5 button mouses - did that sims themed mouse have 5 buttons? If so that is very amusing.

Oooh I'm one off my 200th post - I better make that one a good one.

maybe in your next chapter you should put a few cowplant traps planted by mr sausage and call it the cake temptation game

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Good idea!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wherever you dragged those policemen from, I hope someone is now feeding that skinny one. His poor, thin legs look like they could barely hold him up!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    @EmberDahl - do you think the door and object interaction issues are due to the new GTW EP coming out? Perhaps this patch is preparation for locked doors :confused:

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but they've been saying things like 'that needs improvement' in response to all kinds of things. I am not really sure if this will change, TBH, because I think when they talk about the Sims emotions they are talking about how awesome it is that players can affect and manipulate their sims emotions to earn goals and achievements. I think it's obvious that they were a lot less concerned with the emotional reactions between the sims themselves. Unfortunately for them, I care a lot more about having my sims act in expected ways toward each other than in manipulating my sims emotions in order to gain stuff. In fact I don't care about doing the latter at all and wish it weren't even in the game.

This whole strategy was a mistake, IMO, and threads like this should illustrate why. When we play this game, we expect our sims to react to each other and to the situations we place them in. I can't help but think all these emotional 'buttons' (like the décor, or flirty cookies, or energizing showers) are actually interfering with the emotional reactions of the sims so they are not behaving as we expect. Since these 'emotional buttons' are part of their vision for this game I don't think they have figured out how to tune this so that sims react more strongly to certain events? Either that, or they just haven't bothered with that level of detail. I guess we'll see if they work on it or just spend time making new content to sell like they primarily did for TS3. (And I like and play TS3, btw, so I'm not bashing just stating an observed fact.)

Anyway, my 2 cents. :)

I absolutely agree with this and have been saying it from the beginning.
    I simply want my sims to react emotionally, logically, and realistically to the situations I put them in, with humor of course. I don't want to have to react to their emotions, or manipulate their emotions, and have it drive my game play.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds