Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 graphics look like

Comments

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    kUQaivQ.jpg

Lazy cell phone progress photo of one of my sims in progress. No cc. Not the best angle either, but imo she's quite good looking.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    kUQaivQ.jpg

Lazy cell phone progress photo of one of my sims in progress. No cc. Not the best angle either, but imo she's quite good looking.

Wow.... she's really pretty, and I'm a person that love's CC.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Why does it have to be base without CC to be fair?

I can't expect the paid professional to do a better job than someone doing it for free?

• Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I can't expect the paid professional to do a better job than someone doing it for free?

Because we're comparing the games, not what people decide to make for the game.
  • Options
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »

The OP is comparing TS4 to Jimmy Neutron, shall we continue down that road?

• Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member

It would be unfair to compare The Sims 3 with cc to The Sims 4 cc because the Sims 3 has been out much longer meaning there will be more (and as a result, better) cc than The Sims 4.
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    kUQaivQ.jpg

Wow.... she's really pretty, and I'm a person that love's CC.

Why thanks ^_^ I usually take cell phone photos and have a friend look at them to make sure they don't look odd, since I'm face blind - really what I aim for is balance, since beyond that I can't tell much. But I like her. She's my country girl-next-door. :)
  • Options

It would be unfair to compare The Sims 3 with cc to The Sims 4 cc because the Sims 3 has been out much longer meaning there will be more (and as a result, better) cc than The Sims 4.

Why is it unfair though?

Don't just say it is, explain why I'm not supposed to expect the paid sim developers to out-compete hobbyists with game assets.

• Options

Why is it unfair though?

Don't just say it is, explain why I'm not supposed to expect the paid sim developers to out-compete hobbyists with game assets.

I think fair would be to go ahead and rip into my "pudding face" no cc sims 3 sim.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    kUQaivQ.jpg

Wow she's cute I love her pigtails so it's safe to say sims 3 has stuff going for it but so does sims 4. Its good to realize they both are very individual when it comes to looks and both of them look good neither is better it's really up to interpretation.

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

Because the picture I posted was without cc but if you want I could post with cc.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I remember someone compared the Sims 4 to Tinkerbell.
    Wpid-tinker-bell-uma-aventura-no-mundo-das-fadas-1-hd-cartoon-wallpapers.jpg

Only thing is the grass and eyelashes are better.

At least fairies have tongues. :'(

o6i1wy.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I remember someone compared the Sims 4 to Tinkerbell.
    Wpid-tinker-bell-uma-aventura-no-mundo-das-fadas-1-hd-cartoon-wallpapers.jpg

Only thing is the grass and eyelashes are better.

At least fairies have tongues. :'(

o6i1wy.jpg

Only tinkerbell there has like 3-4 times the polys and it shows.

• Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    kUQaivQ.jpg

Wow she's cute I love her pigtails so it's safe to say sims 3 has stuff going for it but so does sims 4. Its good to realize they both are very individual when it comes to looks and both of them look good neither is better it's really up to interpretation.

See for me, most Sims 4 sims look really generic, because being face blind I have to rely on different... um... identifiers than most people. For example, I will identify my Sims by their hairstyle or find another unique feature to tell them apart. In ts4, the extremely limited hair and clothing options make it really difficult sometimes. I know ts3 has been out a long time, so there are more options, but ts3 had CASt, so the clothes could have different colors/textures and the hair could be customized much more easily, as could makeup. So for me it was much easier to tell Sims apart. Also in ts4, my sims' friends kept changing outfits randomly, changing hairstyles, even changing body shape - aside from the weird townie generation and culling, it was hard for me to keep track of who was who in my neighborhood. I don't usually even think about being face blind in games, but it does frustrate me when it becomes a bigger problem than it needs to be, if that makes sense. I get really frustrated with it in real life, I don't need to feel like that when playing a game

I realize my experience is really different, so I'm actually not meaning to put ts4 down for it, it just happens to coincide with an issue of mine.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2015
    Oh I did manage to make my own version of the Smurfs.
    the-smurfs-16896-400x250.jpg

0efd0283-f1c2-490d-b2ac-f8a911239925_zpsgwtjcrml.png

Yes for awhile the genetics was broken and they kept having non-blue children. Enjoy my Sims 4 pudding faces. ;) Sorry the Sims 4 does not have real white hair in the game, so his beard is grey.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScurvyNervyScurvyNervy Posts: 24 Member
    Well they say it was to help the less fortunate that had lower end dells, but in all actuality it was to help their wallets.
    They wanted to rush the game out, okay well a shell of a game, and they enjoy nagging fans, because nagging fans will buy stuff that should have already been in the game to begin with.

Hope all the fans enjoy that "free pool" heheheh
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    tumblr_nhf7tvzg791u1fms4o1_500.png

by nandasugarin on tumblr
    if you just learn how to use sliders and get some nice cc look how beautiful you can make your ts3 sims look
    can't do this with ts4
    I don't like that sim at all to be honest. What happened to her nose...? And my mouth looks like that when I've been ice skating for six hours.
    Sims in 3 can look totally allright without cc, not pudding face to say the least. The rest is preference.
    What I don't get is how people keep calling sims in 3 pudding face, when it's the sims in 4 that all look similar and have very dull skins.

its supposed to be nose blush and lip gloss...giving her a fresh-faced look. it's just her style and i love her style and so do tons of other people but w/e
    Fair enough, I feel like the only simmer who prefers them vanilla so I know opinions differ ;)
    (I though she was a child by the way so I didn't get the blush and lip gloss in the first place)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

they don't look that much more realistic tbh. especially in game. they all end up looking the same because of their stupid constant facial expressions they have to make every second.
    Yes I wish there was a mod to change that. XD It like not only do I have to be told what mood my Sims are in, but extreme expressions have to make my Sims feel bipolar too. I have a feeling those expression might be tied to the UI and everything tied to that seems to be harder for modders to tweak. I did hear a tip from a fellow Simmer that by not buying the expensive furniture, the mood swings occur less often when entering a room, so I'll have to try that.

It's not perfect but yes I've added a ton off mods and CCs to my Sims 4 game. I even added different grass because I couldn't stand the look of it. The modder plasticbox has done wonderful work so far on making adjustments to world objects.

It is not 3D, but better than nothing:
    MTS_kiwisims_4-1478594-Screenshot2014-11-0716.53.37.jpg

I hate the community lots in the game. They remind me of TS2 University ones. So I'll have to try to tear them down and rebuild them myself.
    The team loved the sims in 2 and 3 to be smiling all the time too by the way, though not as intrusive as in 4. The problem accompanying the fact that I don't want them to smile by default is that the smiles they use are very silly. Mouths don't turn into half moons when a person smiles, only on smileys.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    Sorry, but TS3 graphics are so ugly.

I'll take "ugly" any day of the week. :)

16441067977_b989ef32d1_z.jpg

14795848063_211a26fae9_z.jpg

15313945023_a449ca383a_z.jpg

15907766796_bf0a01233a_z.jpg

Wow-Darkling, these pics are stunning!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ok to be fair i'd like someone to bring up a sim from sims 3 from the base game without CC so then shall it be decided.
    Female:

Saul_326_zps22d40f6f.png

Male:

Silas_570bbb_zps6b80625f.png

Edit:
    Oh, @blueasbutterfly already did, sorry :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

To be honest I prefer Sims 4 cc to Sims 3 cc on sims...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Because the picture I posted was without cc but if you want I could post with cc.
    The thing is, although I'm not a fan of the puddingface in 3 I also don't hate the look. They look friendly, kind of innocent. The avarage Sims 4 puddinglook (because yes, there's definitely that) I dislike because I just don't like their expression. They look manic to me. There's no arguing there, we can't all like the same thing. Well, there are exceptions, George Clooney seems to be liked by most people, but even in real life taste differs. So even if you won't like my or Blueasbutterfly's sims, that won't change the fact we do.

Apart from that, I want my sims to look as mature males and females (I guess because I'm an adult myself). In Sims 3 I can. In Sims 4 I cannot, I'm stuck to that pudding Jimmy Neutron look.
    (I really liked JN by the way, used to watch it with my kids when they were younger :D )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScurvyNervyScurvyNervy Posts: 24 Member
    I can't seem to play ts4 but on my friends pc, when I tried to play on win95 it wouldn't work my slot wouldn't fit, like I could not shove the cd in why?
    So I then upgraded to WinMe, and this to was to no avail.
    I bought a dell, it broke, bought a gateway it broke, no im on my friends and the graphics appear to look like this new game kids enjoy braincraft or something.
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Yes, I too hope at some point an ultra extreme setting comes along and ups the poly count. The only other EA game I have is Plants vs Zombies, a great example of cartoony graphics done well - and as mentioned in the previous posts it does take advantage of the newer processors and it looks great on my ridiculously powerful desktop- but it also has the extreme lower end too which is very useful for my less able laptop.

It does seem a bit of an odd thing to have such a low graphics setting- you would have thought being as Simmers like to put their snapped pictures and videos up all over the web ( possibly more than other game players do), all the resulting imagery becomes a great form of publicity and showcase for the game. You would have thought that EA would want these screen grabs to be as high quality at possible to show off their product, surely it would be damaging for their sales if someone came across a blog with someone's story and there was one of those brick squirrels in it complete with disparaging comments.

I personally really like the style of Sims 4 more than the other versions, and their expressions and gestures are great, but I'm more of a cartoony person anyway.

I do think they are going in the right direction in upping the quality though. The extra objects, hair and clothing in the Outdoor retreat pack seem to have a little more detail and care than the previous objects - like this floaty creature for example...

screen1.jpg

So hopefully, once all the major fixes are in place, something might be done to redress the quality of the old stuff.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2015
    [url][/url]
    Ok to be fair i'd like someone to bring up a sim from sims 3 from the base game without CC so then shall it be decided.

same sim female flipped to male

561ca71b-da24-4f8a-b7c8-44a052f4693c_zpscbfmqo4s.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top