The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 graphics look like

Comments

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Darkling wrote: »
    Sorry, but TS3 graphics are so ugly.

I'll take "ugly" any day of the week. :)

16441067977_b989ef32d1_z.jpg

14795848063_211a26fae9_z.jpg

15313945023_a449ca383a_z.jpg

15907766796_bf0a01233a_z.jpg

It doesn't really make sense to put up sims and rooms that have CC in them to prove that TS3 graphics aren't ugly because CC isn't a part of the game, it's user/fan-made.

In fact most of the people posting their TS3 sims here to try to make the point that TS3 sims are beautiful and/or different are using CC so it kind of makes their point null and void.

That said, I think the background/scenery in TS3 was beautiful!

Did you just miss the bunch of people posting their sims without any CC?

That's why I said MOST.
    But MOST were posting without CC to a proof the point.

Not from what I saw. There were some without CC, but most had at LEAST one CC. Even on this page you can see it.

Most people who post sims 4 pics have CC, what's your point?

Read above. It doesnt make sense to try to say that sims 3 sims/graphics in the game are unique if you are going to post sims that have CC with them. Because CC is not included in the game. I'm not putting down users for using CC. I love using CC myself.

After which people posted a bunch of non-cc sims? To show that yeah, non-CC sims can look good too... so... there is a mix of both CC and non CC. I have no CC installed, period, so I can usually tell when someone does use it, and a lot of the sims that were posted as non cc do look like non cc sims. But I think there are two points being proven here - one, that the sims in 3 don't all have pudding faces, and two, that sims 3 sims are not all ugly without cc.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    21l3fcj.jpg

And this is Harold Foxley. The big time villain of the world I am making :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member

It doesn't really make sense to put up sims and rooms that have CC in them to prove that TS3 graphics aren't ugly because CC isn't a part of the game, it's user/fan-made.

In fact most of the people posting their TS3 sims here to try to make the point that TS3 sims are beautiful and/or different are using CC so it kind of makes their point null and void.

That's why I said MOST.

Not from what I saw. There were some without CC, but most had at LEAST one CC. Even on this page you can see it.

Because the already posted their non CC sims on the previous post, the people that posted on this page was just showing that the sims become even more beautiful when using some CC.

Well that's fine for other users. But the user I quoted was trying to make the point that sims 3 graphics were great by posting pictures loaded with CC, so I was addressing her actions.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    What ugly sims.

Troll harder, you aren't being annoying enough.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited March 2015
    dmel25 wrote: »
    What ugly sims.

Troll harder, you aren't being annoying enough.

Yep. Next time I suggest just popping in and yelling either "YOUR MOM" or "YOUR FACE" because they would communicate your point much more effectively.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited March 2015

That's why I said MOST.
    You see that's what I meant in my post above. They are just plain trolling.
    Further exhibit:
    What ugly sims.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'll agree that using CASt for variations in clothing, hair colors, furniture -- all of which I've seen -- may seem unfair (since everyone is using CC that's more of a wash). But CASt (and CAP as well, in truth) are part of Sims 3. A vital part to me, which the devs felt was unnecessary for whatever reason.

Yes, using CASt with or without CC will make for much more attractive items and much more variety. It's why I cannot understand what they were thinking when they cut it out instead of taking the time to optimize it.
  • Options
    Cyron43 wrote: »

That's why I said MOST.
    You see that's what I meant in my post above. They are just plain trolling.
    Further exhibit:
    What ugly sims.
    Sigh.
    I can't with this site anymore. I can't speak on behalf of IgnitedTobi cause he might actually be trolling but I can speak for me. And what I have to say is, I just can't understand people who think that if you don't automatically worship a game you must be trolling. I dont see how anything I said was trolling. The fact is that a lot of people on this thread were posting pictures loaded with CC to try to prove the point that the base game of sims 3 had great graphics. People...you can't prove that by showing photos loaded with fan-made CC downloaded from other sites. That's just illogical.

For the record, I dont hate the sims 3 or love the sims 4 (in fact I actually liked TS3 better than TS4 so there goes your theory of me being an avid TS3 hater).
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2015

That's why I said MOST.

I posted my sim with no CC on page 9 and on page 10 I added only 2 pieces of CC. I can tell you the little CC I do add to my game is because I want to not because I have to. And since I don't add much CC it really does not change my sim much at all. I just like the cc version better than the no CC but that is a choice. I could play this game vanilla and would not freak out if I had no cc

There are several other people who posted no CC you may need to check the thread again
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    OO i see what i did wrong..i posted a sims with cc..I'll upload some without it
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,452 Member
    What ugly sims.
    Wow. Ever stop and think "Hey, maybe I crossed the line and was too rude?"

Sometimes you need to learn to filter yourself.
  • Options

That's why I said MOST.

I posted my sim with no CC on page 9 and on page 10 I added only 2 pieces of CC. I can tell you the little CC I do add to my game is because I want to not because I have to. And since I don't add much CC it really does not change my sim much at all. I just like the cc version better than the no CC but that is a choice. I could play this game vanilla and would not freak out if I had no cc

There are several other people who posted no CC you may need to check the thread again

Idk I feel that CC hair drastically changes the overall appearance of sims. This is why its one of my favorite things to download actually. Even something as small as CC brows can totally change a face in my opinion. Personally I prefer to use cc in games because I prefer the way they make my sims look so you know..im not putting down anyone for using cc. All im saying is that its definitely an unfair standard to compare a sims looks from since even the smallest CC can really make a sim look very different.
  • Options

That's why I said MOST.

Because the already posted their non CC sims on the previous post, the people that posted on this page was just showing that the sims become even more beautiful when using some CC.

Well that's fine for other users. But the user I quoted was trying to make the point that sims 3 graphics were great by posting pictures loaded with CC, so I was addressing her actions.

I sincerely hope you were addressing someone else. Some of us work very hard to keep our games completely free of CC. Not because it isn't fantastic, it is but as reassurance to anyone we share our creations with :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    This thread is fantastic. I don't usually speak up about this topic because when I have, right before TS4 came out, I've learned I'm in the minority, but I just can't get over the fact that I hate where TS is going with the graphics & design. Obviously the decision to design TS4 the way it has been was a deliberate choice, and you can't really say it's bad graphics, unless you go into details like with the squirrel comparison, which really is horrible. But if you look at how most other games have developed over the last 10 years, you see a huge improvement in style. TS has remained relatively same. Don't get me wrong, the style has changed with every sim game, it just hasn't improved. I won't go on much longer since I'm sure someone's going to come and say this is how the sims are supposed to look, but it just frustrates me to no end that if I want to create & play in an environment that simulates real life, I have a more realistic experience playing a game with reptilian space creatures or talking dragons than a game that's supposed to be about the everyday life of regular people. But yeah, I've come to understand that most simmers prefer the cartoony design, so I'll try to be content with what TS3 and CC can offer me.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,452 Member

That's why I said MOST.

Idk I feel that CC hair drastically changes the overall appearance of sims. This is why its one of my favorite things to download actually. Even something as small as CC brows can totally change a face in my opinion. Personally I prefer to use cc in games because I prefer the way they make my sims look so you know..im not putting down anyone for using cc. All im saying is that its definitely an unfair standard to compare a sims looks from since even the smallest CC can really make a sim look very different.
    Eyebrows won't change bone structure, which seems to be the argument some people have.
    "TS3 have pudding faces!!"
    For the most part, the pictures you saw where to show they don't. If they have CC hair or eyebrows, it's not like that impacts said "pudding" faces.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    What ugly sims.

That is so mean :( This is not about the game graphics anymore, it's just hurtful towards the creators.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

That's why I said MOST.

II dont here is my sim in game no CC with hair like the CC version. I am perfectly fine with my sim looking this way in game with no CC. Hair I believe is from Roaring Heights

3b343d30-2d45-452b-abae-fbf5aa93af29_zps0pgoxtkw.jpg
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    The real difference is TS4 has "can't fail" character creation and genetics, and that has gone to many a simmer's heads as everyone is now a Da Vinci sim creator unless they go out of their way to make a sim odd looking. In TS4 I could literally hit the random button 10 times, throw pics of it up on these forums, and people would be like "oh that sim looks amazing" when in fact its just basically because it mostly looks like all other sims, just like TS2.

I'm laughing so hard, this is so true lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Okay, So I took the cc off and this what two of my sims that I created look like. In my opinion they don't look the same because i used the sliders..so making sims looks different in the sims 3 is every easy and you'll never have to worry about "pudding faces"

Screenshot-545_zps48ajurai.jpg

Screenshot-544_zpse4vavk8c.jpg
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SimChic1 wrote: »

That's why I said MOST.

Eyebrows won't change bone structure, which seems to be the argument some people have.
    For the most part, the pictures you saw where to show they don't. If they have CC hair or eyebrows, it's not like that impacts said "pudding" faces.

I actually have no idea what a pudding face is tbh haha. I hear that term thrown around here often but idk what it means. So i'm not one of those people who complains about pudding faces. For me, eyebrows may not change bone structure but it can change the overall look of the face including demeanor. I find that all my sims in TS4 have started to look alike so I downloaded some CC brows and that made a world of difference. My main complaint with sims looking alike is less about bone structure and more about their main features (mostly eyes). I use CC, not just because I really like the way they make my sims look, but also because it makes them look very different from each other as well. So that was the point of my original post. CC helps a lot in making a sim look very unique or different and hence its unfair to judge a games graphics based on CC. That's all that I was trying to say but for some reason, a lot of people got offended by what I said.
  • Options

That's why I said MOST.

II dont here is my sim in game no CC with hair like the CC version. I am perfectly fine with my sim looking this way in game with no CC. Hair I believe is from Roaring Heights

I think your example is a good way of showing that TS3 sims can look different. But with many other sims (even mine), their differences are mainly due to CC and there's nothing wrong with that. Again, it just doesnt make sense to say that's due to the game itself when it's actually because of CC.
  • Options
    4u4ever wrote: »
    This thread is fantastic. I don't usually speak up about this topic because when I have, right before TS4 came out, I've learned I'm in the minority, but I just can't get over the fact that I hate where TS is going with the graphics & design. Obviously the decision to design TS4 the way it has been was a deliberate choice, and you can't really say it's bad graphics, unless you go into details like with the squirrel comparison, which really is horrible. But if you look at how most other games have developed over the last 10 years, you see a huge improvement in style. TS has remained relatively same. Don't get me wrong, the style has changed with every sim game, it just hasn't improved. I won't go on much longer since I'm sure someone's going to come and say this is how the sims are supposed to look, but it just frustrates me to no end that if I want to create & play in an environment that simulates real life, I have a more realistic experience playing a game with reptilian space creatures or talking dragons than a game that's supposed to be about the everyday life of regular people. But yeah, I've come to understand that most simmers prefer the cartoony design, so I'll try to be content with what TS3 and CC can offer me.

Well said :) Like you I was really hoping we would get more realistic sims and environments to play in. I would imagine that like so many other things with this version the cartoon approach was easier and less expensive to do. However some simmers really like it in this style and I am pleased that they will have the next five years or so to enjoy. For the rest of us it means waiting it out until TS5 in the hope that someone from the company is prepared to put in the time and effort into finding out what the players want.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

That's why I said MOST.

I think your example is a good way of showing that TS3 sims can look different. But with many other sims (even mine), their differences are mainly due to CC and there's nothing wrong with that. Again, it just doesnt make sense to say that's due to the game itself when it's actually because of CC.

Thank you but I still dont agree. If people learned to use the sliders you can create sims without the need for CC. Most of the time I don't even put makeup on my sims. If I do it is so little its hard to even notice. My sim I posted has very little eyeshadow and thats all. You can hardly tell she has any.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »

That's why I said MOST.

Exactly, I have 2 types of eyebrows in my game but I basically just use one and I have custom skin because I think EA could have done a better job with their skins.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    tumblr_nhf7tvzg791u1fms4o1_500.png

by nandasugarin on tumblr
    if you just learn how to use sliders and get some nice cc look how beautiful you can make your ts3 sims look
    can't do this with ts4
    I don't like that sim at all to be honest. What happened to her nose...? And my mouth looks like that when I've been ice skating for six hours.
    Sims in 3 can look totally allright without cc, not pudding face to say the least. The rest is preference.
    What I don't get is how people keep calling sims in 3 pudding face, when it's the sims in 4 that all look similar and have very dull skins.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I see so many people posting sims like that and I cringe every time. Maybe its just me but I've never been into making my sims look like little china dolls with a swollen nose lolol. I have never even heard of such a thing as "nose blush" before this thread. Guess you learn something every day :#
    WLfAA9V.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top