Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 graphics look like

1202122232426...Next

Comments

• VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited May 2016
    And the new alvin lol I watch it almost everyday and im still shocked at how similar they look.

[imgs]

The cartoony style is similar, but I’d say it looks much better than TS4. Of course I’d prefer sims and their environment look realistic, that’s always been my dream about The Sims (and I’ve tried to make it at least a bit true with CC), but the main problem is the quality. Textures seem blurred, everything looks like cheap plastic figurines and it’s just unappealing to me. Also I really don’t like hair looking like plastic helmets, however I’d mind it less if it had some animations, at least something similar to TS2, then it wouldn’t look so much helmet-like.
    Gameplay is more important than graphics, but I do care about how my sims, their houses and worlds look (otherwise I wouldn’t spend so much time creating them), and I do believe that my level of disappointment with this game would be less significant if the graphics and art style didn’t go into the last direction I wanted.

I really like the graphics of TS Medieval, it was the only sims game I didn’t need default replacements for textures, because I actually liked them.
    KHHUGrC.png

So3YhVL.png

TS3 also has its plastic-like elements, like shining clothes (I got a mod to easily get rid of that when I want to, or keep when I do need some plastic-like clothes for some reason), and the level of detail in textures is incomparably better in TSM. Here is a comparison of clothes in similar style (the right one is a conversion from TSM to TS3, so it has TSM textures):
    RTk8325.jpg

TSM hair has vaguely similar clay-style to TS4, but the texture is much, much better (again, it’s a conversion from TSM to TS3):
    U5quuUo.jpg

It’d be amazing if TS5 went into that direction, something completely different to a plastic-fantastic universe, with good quality textures and without trying to reduce the polygon count as much as possible to run the game on toasters :/ If TS4 runs well on low-end computers, it’d make sense to target TS5 to a different audience, especially if it were also mature rated. I don’t want another sims game looking like a tablet app for kids. And if not the sims, maybe some other company would create a great life simulator.

Note: if someone wants to quote me, please remove images. We don’t need to see them more than once I think :)
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I remember when they first showed us sims 4 I didn't like the graphics at all, now I miss it when I play the sims 3.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Honestly, The Sims 4 sims remind me of a Pixar movie.
    The Sims 3 sims have an animated Barbie look, unless you completely strip them down and build them up with CC, and even then it's noticeable.

The only Sims games that had semi-realistic Sims without going into Barbie/Pixar territoriy is The Sims 2 (console) and The Sims Medievil.
    Ken_zpszfnf319i.png

:p

There are some exceptions. Like this masterpiece of a man haha.

I think it's just the eyes, mostly. Without CC eyes, they have that glossy eye look which screams Toy Doll. And then you have the pudding faces which look like a Barbie.

Easily fixed with CC and Sliders, but I don't understand why EA made it the default.

0MMZ4Ki.jpg
    D7FxM8n.jpg
    Is this a ken doll?

No, but kind of a pudding face :p

I agree. This dude is just pudding with embellishments. A lot of the pudding look seems to stem from their lips. This guy has those lips. To avoid the pudding look you have either go with thin lips or full upper lips(which often tips over into those ugly swollen lips that are popular on tumblr).
    But of course.

giphy.gif

Lips are the problem. Kurasoberina's lips in this case, not EA's.
    That's not a 'dude' by the way, that's Gabriel. Somebody's sim.

What's up with this? Are you trying to act like not knowing the name of someone else's sim is rude? Do I have to learn the name of every sim posted on here if I want to talk about them? Or is "dude" the problem? Is "dude" considered a slur on this board? Lemme redo this right: ~Gabriel~ is not an good example of sims 3's graphics because he still looks like pudding mostly, in my estimation, due to his lips.
    6gdea9.jpg
    No, you missed the point I'm afraid.

What's the point?
    That you were being disrespectful towards another simmer by calling her sim 'this dude', not even directly adressing her. There are other ways to express your opinion I think. The gif btw referred to the 'lips' comment. I can't even begin to understand what you mean by that. You are focussing on lips, trying to deduce I suppose the 'pudding look', all the way to Tumblr ( :| ), unaware probably those lips aren't even EA's. So in fact you are giving a review of kurasoberina's CC skin.

So "dude" is the problem? If you're so sensitive that me referring to a pixel person as a dude is a problem then I don't know what to tell you. Report my post? Even though "dude" isn't even a mean or bad way to refer to someone? I don't even know. This is really weird.

By lips, I mean their shape as I clearly stated in my first post. You pulled that skin thing out of left field.

But now that you mentioned skins another issue I had with sims 3 graphics is how sometimes their skin glowed when they went outside. They looked so ugly when that happened. I like the outdoor lighting in sims 4 a lot more. :)
    I didn't mean you had to agree with me ;)
    The shape of the lips you can change any way you want to so I really can't follow you. Puffy cheeks yes, but the shape of their mouths? No. I don't like the mouths in Sims 4 by the way. To be honest I prefer Sims 3 mouths vanilla, but I'm fine with kurasoberina's version as well.
    I agree with you outdoor lighting in Sims 3 isn't perfect (though it depends on the world and the time of day). On the other hand indoor lighting beats Sims 4, that's really bad.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    And the new alvin lol I watch it almost everyday and im still shocked at how similar they look.

[imgs]

The cartoony style is similar, but I’d say it looks much better than TS4. Of course I’d prefer sims and their environment look realistic, that’s always been my dream about The Sims (and I’ve tried to make it at least a bit true with CC), but the main problem is the quality. Textures seem blurred, everything looks like cheap plastic figurines and it’s just unappealing to me. Also I really don’t like hair looking like plastic helmets, however I’d mind it less if it had some animations, at least something similar to TS2, then it wouldn’t look so much helmet-like.
    Gameplay is more important than graphics, but I do care about how my sims, their houses and worlds look (otherwise I wouldn’t spend so much time creating them), and I do believe that my level of disappointment with this game would be less significant if the graphics and art style didn’t go into the last direction I wanted.

I really like the graphics of TS Medieval, it was the only sims game I didn’t need default replacements for textures, because I actually liked them.
    KHHUGrC.png

So3YhVL.png

TS3 also has its plastic-like elements, like shining clothes (I got a mod to easily get rid of that when I want to, or keep when I do need some plastic-like clothes for some reason), and the level of detail in textures is incomparably better in TSM. Here is a comparison of clothes in similar style (the right one is a conversion from TSM to TS3, so it has TSM textures):
    RTk8325.jpg

TSM hair has vaguely similar clay-style to TS4, but the texture is much, much better (again, it’s a conversion from TSM to TS3):
    U5quuUo.jpg

It’d be amazing if TS5 went into that direction, something completely different to a plastic-fantastic universe, with good quality textures and without trying to reduce the polygon count as much as possible to run the game on toasters :/ If TS4 runs well on low-end computers, it’d make sense to target TS5 to a different audience, especially if it were also mature rated. I don’t want another sims game looking like a tablet app for kids. And if not the sims, maybe some other company would create a great life simulator.

Note: if someone wants to quote me, please remove images. We don’t need to see them more than once I think :)
    I really hoped TSM showed us sims the way they'd do them in a successor, with more advanced CAS though (that's not too good imo). Not sure about the hair though, it looks a bit like straw.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    The sims 2 and 3 have much better graphics than the sims 4. I have never liked the graphics in the sims 4 game. The rocks look all brown and like big blobs. There is no texture in the game. That's just one of a hundred things I dislike about the sims 4.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited May 2016
    The sims 2 and 3 have much better graphics than the sims 4. I have never liked the graphics in the sims 4 game. The rocks look all brown and like big blobs. There is no texture in the game. That's just one of a hundred things I dislike about the sims 4.

Sorry for the double post, :/
    Post edited by Starglitters9909 on
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I didn't mean you had to agree with me ;)
    The shape of the lips you can change any way you want to so I really can't follow you. Puffy cheeks yes, but the shape of their mouths? No. I don't like the mouths in Sims 4 by the way. To be honest I prefer Sims 3 mouths vanilla, but I'm fine with kurasoberina's version as well.
    I agree with you outdoor lighting in Sims 3 isn't perfect (though it depends on the world and the time of day). On the other hand indoor lighting beats Sims 4, that's really bad.
    Yeah the mouths I don't really care for in the Sims 4 either. Helps after mods and CC, but I find default Sims unrealistically thin lips or overly puffy lips. That joker smile too, super creepy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    EA MAXIS needs artists like the ones for Disney, Dreamworks & Japanese Anime.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top