Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 graphics look like

jimmy neutron
look up the pictures and you will notice it
the plastic looking hair, and how none of the objects really have texture
if you've seen the show u will know what i'm talking about

Comments

• Options
    angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    The Sims have lego plastic hair. Awful.
    I actually like Sims 4 base game's hair styles, and I don't think Sims 4 should look over-realistic, because then it would feel more like GTA than Sims :) but this is just my opinion. And by the way, I LOVE the new hairstyles what we have gotten with Outdoor Retreat and what we will get with Get To Work :) lots of variety! Happy Simming!

the get to work ones look, nice. i still miss the realistic look of sims 3 tho. i'm glad u like the style of it! i wish i could too without a bunch of mods haha
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    Or this.

Beep... Beep!!

RREdit_zpsqpriwbfv.png

It's insane how ell they fit in o.O
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    jimmy neutron

I've been saying this since before it was released lol :P

Here are the pictures I posted that showed the wacky facial expressions too.

latest?cb=20130503184703

Cindy_Libby_laughing_by_Rikusbrother.jpg

the one with libby and cindy laughing look pretty close to how they smile in sims 4
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Or this.

Beep... Beep!!

RREdit_zpsqpriwbfv.png

It's sad that the background looks like you took it from Sims 4 and photoshopped Wile E Coyote and Road Runner in.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Yeah, play-doh hair wallpaper backgrounds, plastic eyes, wacky animations ....
  • Options
    jimmy neutron

I've been saying this since before it was released lol :P

Here are the pictures I posted that showed the wacky facial expressions too.

latest?cb=20130503184703

Cindy_Libby_laughing_by_Rikusbrother.jpg

the one with libby and cindy laughing look pretty close to how they smile in sims 4
    That's why I used that one, the first one the hair looks the same and the basic style and their emotions are the same as well.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Or this.

Beep... Beep!!

RREdit_zpsqpriwbfv.png

It's sad that the background looks like you took it from Sims 4 and photoshopped Wile E Coyote and Road Runner in.

That's exactly what I did. ;)
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    its not that bad
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    I think most of us would have been happy with having improved Sims 3 graphics i.e. no more pudding faces, better hair textures, and better textures for objects and such. We don't need super realistic graphics, but the cartoony look of Sims 4 is horrible.
  • Options
    YourraxusYourraxus Posts: 282 Member
    The hair could have been better imo, but I'm somehow pleased with their look.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    Some simmers have been making really cartoonish sims and I think they are more appropriate for the world EA has created.
    My more realistic sims made in CAS don't fit as well, and then add on the CC I prefer, and they really don't fit.

This guy, yeah he fits.
    12-28-14_7-16nbspPM-2.png

These two? No they are at odds with the cartoonish trees, grass and sky.
    12-31-14_4-58nbspPM.png

But I don't care, I'll live with the style clash. :|:p:)
    01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Akiruka wrote: »
    Well, i find this rather insulting, the faces look nothing like that.
    I'm sorry, but i don't want a super realistic style, i'm happy with the way it is.

I don't want super realistic either, but if they had done some tweaking to the S3 graphics onto 4 I would have preferred that ...
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Some simmers have been making really cartoonish sims and I think they are more appropriate for the world EA has created.
    My more realistic sims made in CAS don't fit as well, and then add on the CC I prefer, and they really don't fit.

This guy, yeah he fits.
    *Removed links, this site won't let me post with them :/*

The thing I dislike the most must be the lack of detail on their faces. In fact, it's the thing that annoys me most about this game, that along with everything being an octagon instead of circle.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png

Ugh CK..... You and your beautiful Sims...... I love her. She's so pretty!
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options

This guy, yeah he fits.

The thing I dislike the most must be the lack of detail on their faces. In fact, it's the thing that annoys me most about this game, that along with everything being an octagon instead of circle.

This is true. I find myself wanting to put freckles and moles on sim faces to add more detail.
    TS4CAS2014-12-0620-08-09-87.png

I am also seeking eye brows that look more like it's made up of individuals hairs instead of being drawn on with a pencil, and lips that look like they have skin texture. And of course eyes that have more detail in the pupil. Oh and the dark haired female has 3D eyelashes made up of individual lashes instead of TS4's monolash.

Yeah, no circles.
    If you got the computer to handle it why not have ultra mode render lamps that are round?
    Are we back in 1999 or what?
    09-21-14_7-35nbspAM.png

Before we saw screenshots of TS4, my hopes for objects were more like what Holy Simoly was making The Sims 3. I understand wanting the game to run on low performing machines, but that's what the low and medium levels are for while Ultra is for machines that can really perform.
    Sims3_Krypto_GREEN_560.jpg
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png

That's actually Maxis-made June Kay.
    02-28-15_6-07nbspPM.png

Perhaps tweaked a little, I'm not sure, but obviously smothered with cc.
    Yeah, now looking at the pics together, cas-tweaked.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    In Sims 3, I did not care for the sims in the beginning, but they did improve with time. It became easier to make nice looking sims the more you worked with it. I did prefer the art style better.

In Sims 4, it is a different art style. I like where they are going with CAS, but I don't really care for the exaggerated expressions and walks. It needs to be toned down a bit. Some of the hair is alright.

@CK213 Your sims look really good. Your do a really nice job, but you always have.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited March 2015
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png

That's actually Maxis-made June Kay.

Perhaps tweaked a little, I'm not sure, but obviously smothered with cc.
    Yeah, now looking at the pics together, cas-tweaked.

Ahhhh...... Okay I see...... But still, when I compare this:

01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png

to this:
    02-28-15_6-07nbspPM.png

There is like NO competition!
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options

This guy, yeah he fits.

This is true. I find myself wanting to put freckles and moles on sim faces to add more detail.

I am also seeking eye brows that look more like it's made up of individuals hairs instead of being drawn on with a pencil, and lips that look like they have skin texture. And of course eyes that have more detail in the pupil. Oh and the dark haired female has 3D eyelashes made up of individual lashes instead of TS4's monolash.

Yeah, no circles.
    If you got the computer to handle it why not have ultra mode render lamps that are round?
    09-21-14_7-35nbspAM.png

Before we saw screenshots of TS4, my hopes for objects were more like what Holy Simoly was making The Sims 3. I understand wanting the game to run on low performing machines, but that's what the low and medium levels are for while Ultra is for machines that can really perform.

If the only the game looked like the renders :/
  • Options

This guy, yeah he fits.

Yeah, no circles.
    09-21-14_7-35nbspAM.png

If the only the game looked like the renders :/

it looks so pretty ;A;
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top