Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: ASK A SIMGURU – 11AM TO 12 NOON PST TUESDAYS

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 220 SimGuru
    Hi Gurus here is some things I'd like to see added to make an already good game even better.

Hottubs

Cars

Dance Clubs

Open Resturents

Being able to hang selfie pics on the wall our sims take together

Tying sims as girl/boyfriend,fiance,best friends and best friends forever in cas

Sims facing each other when dancing

The Slowdance

Sims staying cuddled till you tell them to stop

Romantic interactions when lying in the bed.

Long and short curly hair for females

Dregs for male and female sims.

The Kiss Neck Option for Adult Sims

The Kiss lip peck and jump in arms sims do when their proposed to at anytime.

Larger worlds with a system in place to let us place down lots like we could in TS3.

Autoroofs.

We definitely want to get a lot (most?) of these in the game.

Dregs for male and female sims. > Dregs?

I *think* we can add socials to make Kiss Neck/Peck/Jump in Arms available more generally. Not 100% positive.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    brainybee wrote: »
    Can you guys please do something about autonomous relationships forming in non-played households during rotational play? I am not pleased when I come back to a household and my happily married couple has been seeing other people on the side. Sometimes their affairs are with relatives.

This and why does it only happen to married and going steady couples? Why not single sims?

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Ok folks, closing this thread to new questions. We will keep trying to answer during the day. See you all next Tuesday!
  • Options
    bootsguy wrote: »
    I hope you will add the "THIS ROOM" option on the Light Switching On/Off because until now the only existing options for switching on/off are "THIS LIGHT" and "ALL LIGHTS" and it takes time to switching on and off of lights one by one. Thanks from Alimodian, Iloilo, Philippines and Dinagyang Festival.

We talked about doing this. There were some technical challenges given the way the block system interacts with rooms - that is, blocks don't always define rooms. But it's potentially doable.
  • Options
    bootsguy wrote: »
    Can you also change the time for this ASK THE SIM GURU earlier from 11 am - 12 noon to 9 am - 10 am PST? Thanks...

Well, most Gurus aren't in until after 9 PST.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey Simmers, just wanted to say thank you for all the great ideas that you have listed here today. However, this thread is meant to be asking Gurus questions. If you have ideas, then you should create threads in the Ideas section of the forum, so the Ideas team can get to see them. SimGuruDaniel is doing his best to respond to as many of you as he can but he won't be responding to the lists of ideas. He's not ignoring you, he's just focused on trying to answer specific questions where he can.
    Thanks.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    Hello Gurus!

My main question at the moment is in regards to your marketing plan. TS4, to me, as well as the GP were ill marketed and to be honest I didn't even know of the GP until you released it. Going forward, will there be lead up to future packs? Will we be able to experience PEPS again?

Thank you.

We announce Outdoor Retreat was coming back in December but I can understand that not everyone may have seen that. With regard to future plans, we can't really comment on specifics at this time. What I can tell you is that free content updates will not get announced in advance. Paid content updates, such as Game Packs and Expansion Packs will be announced in advance. You can find out more information in our new Latest News section of the forum.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    @catloverplayer‌, thanks for all your great ideas. I urge you to post these in the Ideas section of the forum so that they get seen by the Ideas team.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Dear sims gurus,

I would like to know when dishwashers and workable washers and dryers like in the sims3 ambitions will be added to the sims4 Please?

Thank you very much for answering this question

Hey Memina, nice to see you :) And, I think you already know the answer to this question. We can't say. We can't talk about future content.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Hey guys, lovely to see you here :)

Do we have any progress on gurus spending time on the forums? I know it's unintentional but I think it would help soothe everyone if they felt you guys were popping in and taking note of some of the wonderful ideas the community come up with :) we aren't all able to access Facebook or twitter so it's frustrating being the last to know or hear anything. Perhaps a widget incorporating the various sim guru twitter accounts?

Hi Sparkfairy1, fancy meeting you here :)

Thanks for your question. As you know, the Gurus main job is making the game, working on new content, blitzing bugs and enhancing the gameplay. Coming on the Forums is something they do in their spare time. They don't have much spare time. Many of them do "lurk" in the background, reading the threads, gathering ideas and feedback and taking information back to the team to see how it can help us to make changes to the game.

Reading the Forums takes time. It's not quick. And it's probably more important for them to read the feedback and get it back to the right people on the team than it is to write posts. I know that's probably not the response you want but, as you know, I am always very open about our process and how we interact here on the Forums.

That Twitter widget idea is interesting. I'm going to investigate that further and see what's possible. Definitely intriguing...
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Can you guys please do something about autonomous relationships forming in non-played households during rotational play? I am not pleased when I come back to a household and my happily married couple has been seeing other people on the side. Sometimes their affairs are with relatives.

We've received this feedback from several of our rotational players. We have been taking a look at the autonomous relationships to see what is going on here. We have nothing to announce at this stage but please know it is on our radar.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    not here to ask a question per se, but just wondering what the deal is with you guys and bug fixes. what takes so long? does it bother you that so many of our games have been rendered unplayable by the amount of bugs in this game? bartenders not working, outfits constantly reverting back to everyday one (this is ESPECIALLY annoying when you spend so much time putting together your sims outfits), sims taking hours to eat, etc. there are even bugs that have been there since day one that you have not fixed, like no last name change after marriage, lack of reactions to serious life events, etc.

it's honestly very sad and comes across as you guys do not care about this game anymore. and with gurus like grant saying things like "it's too hard to add this" and "it's too expensive to do that" it's leaving us with no hope for this series. why would you waste resources providing a free trial for those who have not bought the game instead of fixing the game for those of us who have bought it? it doesn't make sense to me and i know i'm not the only simmer who feels this way.

I am so sorry that you feel this way. The team takes feedback from players very seriously. We do address as many of the bugs as possible and as quickly as we can. All we ask is that you continue to bring bugs to our attention when you find them so that we can work to fix them.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    EXPANSION PACK IDEAS

Below is my review on the 2 DAY TRIAL, sorry for it being so long .

Hey there, thanks for this lengthy post. You have made some interesting points and provided some great feedback. To be honest, this is not really the thread for this as this is a place for you to ask a Guru questions. I would suggest that you put this into the Feedback section of the Forum.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    My user name was tinkered with, resulting in someone calling me something offensive to me. When I asked that the person not do that, my comment was deleted. Why?

Can you PM me with full details? I will look into it.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Hey guys. I have to go grab some lunch, but I'll be back later to answer the questions I missed. Thanks! (apparently this never posted... grrr)
  • Options
    I kind of wish that the game would recognize step parents because I think that is not right for the kids to be having romantic thought when they get to be a YA about their step parents.

A romantic thought, as in a Whim? Hm, I'll see what we can do.
    When I said they were having romantic thought I meant more like I don't think its appropriate for the kids as YA to be flirting with their step parent that basically raised them.

Oh, yes. Agreed. I am pushing for a step-parent relationship bit as well.
  • Options
    Hello! Would you consider bringing back townie parties? It would be cool if our Sims could get invited to neighbour's parties like in TS3. :)

Indeed! I think it would work really well in TS4.
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I have run across increasingly long loading screens on older games on two separate systems, both of which exceed the recommended system requirements by quite a bit. They're up to a minute long at an 80 hour save. I've seen reports of this elsewhere as well. Is this an issue which is going to be addressed at some point in the future?

Edit: I tried all the suggestions on the AnswerHQ site, but none worked. Since it is on two systems, not just one, I'm inclined to think that it's not just a system configuration issue.

Second edit: Here are my system specs so you can see I'm not just running on a slow machine.

http://pastebin.com/QMvYAXyk -- Desktop
    http://pastebin.com/1cQj1LuK -- Laptop

Length of load screens is something we will continue to monitor. We put a lot of effort into preventing them to get longer as we add more content and as players' save files get larger.
  • Options
    Hey guys, lovely to see you here :)

Do we have any progress on gurus spending time on the forums? I know it's unintentional but I think it would help soothe everyone if they felt you guys were popping in and taking note of some of the wonderful ideas the community come up with :) we aren't all able to access Facebook or twitter so it's frustrating being the last to know or hear anything. Perhaps a widget incorporating the various sim guru twitter accounts?

I know it's frustrating for you guys and I would like to us to spend more times on the forums as well. One of the challenges is that forum threads tend to get very long very quickly -- a thread might be 10 pages by the time I get to it. It's often easier to spend 30 seconds answering a quick question on Twitter than 30 minutes reading through an entire thread.

That said, we do ending reading the majority of threads, even if we don't reply. But yes, I would like us to be more present as well.

Thanks!
  • Options
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    Hello Gurus!

My main question at the moment is in regards to your marketing plan. TS4, to me, as well as the GP were ill marketed and to be honest I didn't even know of the GP until you released it. Going forward, will there be lead up to future packs? Will we be able to experience PEPS again?

Thank you.

Honestly, I would love to be able to talk openly about future content. Not being on the marketing side of things, I don't have a lot of say in the matter. :( Hopefully our plan will evolve as we go forward.
  • Options
    Why were the rotating and zooming and the fourth speed features not included in the UI? - Not sure what you're referring to. Zoom and rotate is in the camera UI. Super speed 3, as we call it, only activates under certain conditions.
    Would "Super Speed 3" cause instability if used in regular play (as opposed to when everyone's asleep or at work/school)?

I remember older SimCity games had "African Swallow" as the speed higher than Cheetah (which corresponds to regular speed 3). Wouldn't it be a nice reference to the old games?

So, speed three already basically runs as fast as your computer can handle. During super speed three, for performance reasons, NPCs are prevented from simulating, which means you can't have the mailman, the maid, walkbys, etc. It's hard to communicate to the player that "certain gameplay functions might not work if you go to speed 4."
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sorry long list of questions.

What are the maps I find in neighborhoods for?
    Why were the rotating and zooming and the fourth speed features not included in the UI?
    With Sims 4 being out for a few months now, what really is the direction the Sims 4 is headed?
    Can the Sims 1 and Sims 2 be available for sale on a permanent basis on Origin? I want my fellow Simmers to be able to play the older games.
    If Origin becomes no longer used by EA in the future, what will happen to our games that we have downloaded? We will lose what we paid for forever?
    What is the engine that the Sims 4 runs on? Is it the same one used to make mobile games? Will that engine be able to make the Sims 4 an actual life simulation game or will it remain a questing game?
    Will EA keep to their word and make all life stages available in the Sims 4 game via patches at least?
    What does the eye or hair color carry forward in the genetics when having babies in live mode?

About the life stages:

Can our babies have a sling object wrapped around the adult Sim so parents can walk around and multitask while carrying them?
    Can children get play interactions in the game again?
    Can we get a private school in which the kids can still live at home like TS2?
    Can a bus come by our house to pick up children and teens again?
    Can teens and elders get more different interactions than the adults?
    Why don’t my Sims react or most of the time unable to save a Sim when they die? Most of the time they just keep sleeping in bed. It’s like major life and death events are completely ignored by other Sims.

Wow, Scobre. That's quite a lot of questions, including quite a few I can't comment on, either because I just don't know, or it's outside my area of expertise. (Origin, sales, etc.)

What are the maps I find in neighborhoods for? - Not sure what you're referring to.
    Why were the rotating and zooming and the fourth speed features not included in the UI? - Not sure what you're referring to. Zoom and rotate is in the camera UI. Super speed 3, as we call it, only activates under certain conditions.

As far as the family play questions, yes we will be adding more interactions and features at some point. As usual I can't comment on timing/specifics.

As far as reactions go, yes, this is something I am looking into improving.
    The ones you dig up in the neighborhood. It say you found a map or something like that.

About the UI. The zooming and rotate was in the Sims 1, 2, and 3, so it was a shock to know it wasn't included in the Sims 4.

Showing an example of the Sims 3 one here:
    2.png?w=500&h=375

As you can see there are arrows and plus and minus signs for the zooming and rotating on the bottom left side. In the speed section there is another speed arrow underneath the time. This made it possible to speed up during a current action.

That's nice about the family play questions. I hope that some of the things we won't have to wait for a GP or EP for it to happen, but some of them I could see in an expansion pack. I really do hope the community is told in the direction the Sims are heading towards. We all love the games and would like to know the future of them.

I believe the treasure maps help you dig up rare collectibles.

The rotate and zoom controls are under the camera button in the top right.
  • Options

This and why does it only happen to married and going steady couples? Why not single sims?

We're going to look into this, guys. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top