Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: ASK A SIMGURU – 11AM TO 12 NOON PST TUESDAYS

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    My user name was tinkered with, resulting in someone calling me something offensive to me. When I asked that the person not do that, my comment was deleted. Why?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Hey guys, lovely to see you here :)

Do we have any progress on gurus spending time on the forums? I know it's unintentional but I think it would help soothe everyone if they felt you guys were popping in and taking note of some of the wonderful ideas the community come up with :) we aren't all able to access Facebook or twitter so it's frustrating being the last to know or hear anything. Perhaps a widget incorporating the various sim guru twitter accounts?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,551 Member
    Dear sims gurus,

I would like to know when dishwashers and workable washers and dryers like in the sims3 ambitions will be added to the sims4 Please?

Thank you very much for answering this question
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    ok first i could glad hear something about that ideas, specially the on about the start relationship (to summarize will be like instea of start with a 0 bar going to friend, based on the sim target traits, aspiration and all bla bla bla you can have from a full hated bar to a best friend on the beginner) and the other abour bed and mechanic
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803306/mechanic-and-beds#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803321/things-quality#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802793/relationship-system-and-living-together#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802919/emotion-system#latest

now my most wanted topic:
    open world, and closed world

i really want to hear a final note about the open world please if the answer will be "nothing to say or we can give something aobut or any other vague answer then again thanks for all and let's meet at the sim 5, because as the game progress and more things will be add the big the load screen will be and have many load screen take a long time is worst than have big load screen and i prefer to play games where i have more freedom than this trapped one.
    ok again about open world, we have peoples here claim who is impossible to add a open world in this game which a guru told who is impossible too and bla bla bla, i want know a final note about if its possible or no, because i tired to hear that then i want know a sincere asnwer over it, the current engineer can be write to allow have a open world or at last a open neighborhood or no? indeed to do that gonna need a total rewrite of the game?? like make the game again from 0????

Wow. That is quite a lot of feedback. I don't think there is a final note on the open world now. I hope to reassure you that we are here and listening, and we want make the game the best experience it can be for you guys. Keep telling us what you want, and we'll do our best.
    Hit me up on Twitter @SimGuruDaniel‌ if you have more questions/comments about the Careers udpate, or the game in general.
    ok here again, as you team is seeing why here on ea and more with maxis we have that silence treatment while in others ea branchs the deve team actually speak with the users dont just "listening", you followers fans and customers are tired of this "we are listening", of contradictions with everything is possible and is too difficult and expensive, and bears take years and others common phrases used here, if you really want stop all this mess all this anger/hate is time to stop this "silence rule" if is something which come from ea bosses, go speak with them show then which the community is tired of this "silence" we want asnwers we want a dev team which can speak with us which we can try to agree with something, is not fun being the only speaking side

go to blizzard
    go to ubisoft
    go even to bioware forums
    and look the difference from here, where we have "a dev team which actually speak with custumers discuss the problems, try to go to a common denominator and not just hide in twitter and facebook, this is a lack of respect with your forum community you only see here, a guru asking peoples go to twitter and facebook because theyr prefer answer on that places instead of the forum, all the others suscesfull game companies use twitter and facebook as secondary source not primary while here is "primary and only source" and here is a abandoned where i feel like going to a ferrari car shop, then a seller come to me and sell me a a new ferrari model car missing wheels:

hey this can dont have wheels, and is missing a lot of things
    please, please, please buy this, does a test drive
    but is missing
    i don't care just do a test drive
    then...
    hey the breaks are not working, hey the headlights are also not working, this car not only missing things but also have a lot fo broken things.

you basically made a game with less content than sims 2 and sims 3 and full of bugs and bugs which are there from day one, what sort of fixing bugs team is that?? it's looking like a sims 3 over again, where we start to get bugs over bugs, then each time we get new bugs only a few part is fixed while many others are missing just to accumulate then later we see a lot of peoples angry because the game is not working

about the free trial, how do you do that to customers let' peoples test a "game" full of bugs goes on trial like that, the trial looked like the peoples where playing a trial version of the game full of bugs and glitchs, then this will make even less peoples want to buy this game since we have a lot of bugs, which your bug catch team can't deal or is too slow, you dont know something called "hotifixes" which are little patchs released to just fixe bugs????, you dont need release a big patch to fixe bugs, you can fix with little hotfixs, this could make your troubles less than just accumulate bugs and get lost on how to fix

another problem what sort of team is that which release a patch full of bugs which promisses which was tested full and in the end we get so basic visible bugs like the bartender this make looks like you really dont proper do tests as you claim, really srry but your team dont looks like a really high level professional or true care of the game, really why you don't try to follow others good companies pattern which are sucess in games look at how blizzard use beta tests for each game and each big patch, they let the players test the games firs before release something and have a team ready to fix bugs as soon they appear to fix, even after the release, again they are ready to give a full suport and fix the bugs as soon possible(at worst 2 weeks), again the support here is really poor and need a revamp fast, you are only losing more customers which your current "model of work", horrible support, too much time to fix bugs(or never gonna be fixed anyway), a total silence, really maxis you really worked hard to disappoint me and many customers with this "sort of service".

ok basically you already see what almost everyone agree in what we want right, basically is that, even the free tests
    open or semi open world - that load screen everywhere dont really work, could work in the past with bad computers and bad programs but we are in 2015 now, load screen is the last thing to have in a game.
    toddlers
    story progression- please remove that useless storyprogression cuz this only make the things worse than help, peoples want sims marry, moving, have childs, have works, have they own storys, not being random deleted, or random paired with others sims, without any means.

smart sims - no matter how we look the sims compared again with previous sims are not so "that smart" the only smart thing on then is when a need is very low they go to rise that up, excluding they still very "robot" sims doing basically the same thing with little different

more lots - the 2 current cities are a joke, 2 cities with 21 lots each in a total of 42 lots world, which is less than my real life neighborhood
    real emotions - the current emotion system compared with previous sims games emotions which where claimed by gurus being "fake" where more reals than the current ones, how a child being sad for his family break or to see his father/mother cheating is fake while in the sims 4 "real emotions" everyone is happy, you can break and the child will be happy you can cheat and your child and wife will be happy(even without the trait to allow cheat), why the wife/husband could not want to break and even leave the family, why a sim with family lover trait could not wish to go back to his old family, for what i read the sims 2 and the 3 (specially 2) their had much more "realistic actions than there"
    unique sims - another promisse from the adversiting which is currently not being real, traits, aspirations or works basically dont matter much for the sims, their almost do the samething based on they mood, if a sim is creative he goes to make drinks or play with the clay or paint or play a little in a instrument(even sims without traits toward that).

someone mentioned which a guru told in a interview which the sims in the sims 4 are not smart on purpose which you dev team dont want their to play alone because you believed which none player would like to just watch, but this only show how your team really dont know nothing about your own players and community, because actually a good amount of players love to see the autonomous sims, including myself and this is a playstyle lik, "god mod", like playing simcity where the city can live by herself and you only need to "help" and not dictate what their gonna make, peoples want smart sims, their want see they sims surprise then, we love see them being alive

you literally make a game which only need 48h for a person get bored or annoyied which the lack of content and amount of bugs or even less based on the feedback from the freetrial testers.

ok now my personnal list about what i want

- open world or at last semi open with option to enable or disable
    - more options in menu options which is another thing who you really must give to the players their want more freedom in their choices currently are too fews we need more options like:
    set the age (in numbers)
    set level of ai
    set story progression
    option to enable/disable same sex romance and to enable disable romance between cousins(i asked it a long time ago but i never saw i answer then i could be glad to hear if this is possible we have some users which dont like but as you must see we have others peoples like me which like it and i few the relationship incomplete without it and dont really "real", i'm not asking for full incest but you team is aware which even in your estate where you work this is not illegal, this is more about "taboo" than laws then like same sex must be more like a possible in game option
    option to enable/disable romance between teen and young adult - or at last when we have 2 teens of different age if one age first then they can still have romance, because as the game progress many teens start to have different ages and can age more soon than others and i dont like to age a sim just to do that i feel not natural, again i'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or like it, but for me when a teen just age to young adul this means which he still young not old and if their had a true romance before i feel unfair to break it.

- disable the cake age when doing a birthday party, i would like to be able to celebrate more birthdays to my sims without have to fear killing then in the process or make then age too fast, i feel a little bad, and i normally dont do a birthday party, because again i want a natural game where the sims will progress naturally, then could be good if cake age is disabled during the birthday event to make us more free to have more "birthday events" like i want to celebreate which my sim goes to half of his current sim days age, to have more roleplay and freedom, the cake can still work outside birthday celebrations.

to end again please maxis if you true respect your fans, your community and your game and want the sims 4 be a sucess to sold like others sims games, stop that police while still in time and not only hear but also speak we are tired of this.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 220 SimGuru
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    Good morning! First off, I just want to say that there are some really neat features in build/buy mode (this being important to me, since I am more a builder who shares on the gallery). I love the fact that you can pick up and move a entire house, move windows around on a wall along with other wall deco, and I also love the spandrels and roof trims! However, it seems as though the new added features came at a extreme cost! I still can't believe you can't delete a single floor tile without first having to build a room around it, or that textures, colors and pattersn do not match throughout the catalogue (since we no longer have CAST). Are there any plans to improve on these things?? I have also noticed that the footprint on many objects is way too large! A coffe/end table can be taken up with one item due to this! I have brought this issue up before in a past chat and it was aknowledged, however, I noticed in the recent Outdoor Retreat game pack the same issue is occuring! There is a stack of pots that would be a great decoartive object on a counter, but it will not sit on the counter!! These little things are extremely frustrating!!

The next biggest frustration for me at the moment is the MOO cheat!! I was beyond estatic when it was patched in! I did ask on Twiter of one of the Guru's if items that had been MOO'd would transfer through the gallery, and the answer was "yes"! Turns out, that is most definitely NOT TRUE!! Bryony has a thread dedicated to the never ending issues here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/804176/testing-moo-need-more-testers-for-the-1-13-patch/p1 One of the latest patches was suppose to take care of these issues, but testing on player end shows NOTHING was done! I am currently working on a build, and when using this cheat, I am constantly finding objects missing that the cheat was used on! I at one time saw with my own eyes a computer and two items on a desk dissapear (I used the moo cheat on these) when I placed wallcovering on a adjacent wall!! Why these items would dissapear when placing wall covering is beyond me, but leads me to believe that these things where never tested on EA's end! This also brings up the issue of items resized using the cheat. These items as well do not transfer through the gallery along with Debug items, collection items or sim made items, and appliance/plumbing upgrades. I would like to know when these issues will be addressed and a reliable patch will be released?? My frustration level at trying to build something and constantly having items disappear is beyond exasperating!

PLEASE PLEASE resolve these issues!!!

Heya. Single floor tile editing is tricky given the way our room-as-block system works. However, it would be great to have some tools to make the types of edits that you want to make more easily.

As for MOO, we did put in a fix to for its interaction with the gallery. It sounds like not everything is working perfectly there, so it's something we'll investigate further. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Hello Gurus!

My main question at the moment is in regards to your marketing plan. TS4, to me, as well as the GP were ill marketed and to be honest I didn't even know of the GP until you released it. Going forward, will there be lead up to future packs? Will we be able to experience PEPS again?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Can we please get a word on future free patch content? Please....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    > @Hinnoriel said:
    > What's the best idea you've gotten from simmer?
    >
    > Is there a way to Turn off cc for townies? (My townies look crazy)
    >
    > Is there a way to rotate a room before placing it?
    You can rotate rooms using the keyboard. On my laptop, it's "semi-colon" and "full stop" keys. hope this helps.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sorry long list of questions.

What are the maps I find in neighborhoods for?
    Why were the rotating and zooming and the fourth speed features not included in the UI?
    With Sims 4 being out for a few months now, what really is the direction the Sims 4 is headed?
    Can the Sims 1 and Sims 2 be available for sale on a permanent basis on Origin? I want my fellow Simmers to be able to play the older games.
    If Origin becomes no longer used by EA in the future, what will happen to our games that we have downloaded? We will lose what we paid for forever?
    What is the engine that the Sims 4 runs on? Is it the same one used to make mobile games? Will that engine be able to make the Sims 4 an actual life simulation game or will it remain a questing game?
    Will EA keep to their word and make all life stages available in the Sims 4 game via patches at least?
    What does the eye or hair color carry forward in the genetics when having babies in live mode?

About the life stages:

Can our babies have a sling object wrapped around the adult Sim so parents can walk around and multitask while carrying them?
    Can children get play interactions in the game again?
    Can we get a private school in which the kids can still live at home like TS2?
    Can a bus come by our house to pick up children and teens again?
    Can teens and elders get more different interactions than the adults?
    Why don’t my Sims react or most of the time unable to save a Sim when they die? Most of the time they just keep sleeping in bed. It’s like major life and death events are completely ignored by other Sims.

Wow, Scobre. That's quite a lot of questions, including quite a few I can't comment on, either because I just don't know, or it's outside my area of expertise. (Origin, sales, etc.)

What are the maps I find in neighborhoods for? - Not sure what you're referring to.
    Why were the rotating and zooming and the fourth speed features not included in the UI? - Not sure what you're referring to. Zoom and rotate is in the camera UI. Super speed 3, as we call it, only activates under certain conditions.

As far as the family play questions, yes we will be adding more interactions and features at some point. As usual I can't comment on timing/specifics.

As far as reactions go, yes, this is something I am looking into improving.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Regarding gamepacks I loved outdoor retreat and can't wait to see the next one. What I'd like to see this year.

1)A tropical vacation location gp with the world being similar to Isla Paradiso or Sunlit Tides,A carnival cruise,resorts your sim can check in to,scuba diving(Ovouisly swimming in bodies of water needs adding to the patch)hottubs,more items for the pool like a pool bar,waterfall,floaties,etc,new interactions like search for shells,wave watching,sunbathe,frisbee etc.

I'd love to see ocean themed furniture added like the surfboard benches we had in island paradise and a starfish in a net we can hang on the wall. I'd also like to see the hanging swordfish from island paradise come back that could be hung from the ceiling. And beach clothing,sunglasses and hats is a must. A tropical radio station with steel drums would be nice. Maybe a Sauna Added as well.

Also new seafood recipes would be awesome.

And this gamepack needs to add large tropical aquariums as well. We need them in game.

2)A Carnival GP with rides like the ferris wheel,roller coasters,carousels,gondelas,bumper cars and maybe a tilt o whirl.

I'd love to see some new carnival games included as well as new carnival food recipes. I'd love to see the kissing booth return from TS3 Seasons and also a Dunking Booth both of which your sims could use for simions or kiss or dunk the npc if you wanted them to.

A Holiday Gamepack with Halloween,Thanksgiving,More Christmas and New Year's Eve added complete with fireworks and a champagne bottle sims can use to toast in the New Year's with. Prehaps a New Year's station with an insturmental version of Old Ang Syne. Maybe a Special New Year's Eve Kiss sims can do. Also we need more christmas items. Missing are the mistletoe,poinsettie,stockings to hang off the mantle,nutcrackers and gingerbread houses. I'd also like to see more contemporary xmas songs like white christmas,silver bells,sleigh ride,the christmas song etc added to the winter holiday station.

• Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    chealsycat wrote: »
    Today we're celebrating Old New Year in Russia. If you're puzzled, read about that here
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13101328/#Comment_13101328

I wish some nationals costumes from different countries would be added to the game one day. Like the costumes of Russian New Year personages
    Ded Moroz
    993668975.gif
    and Snegurotchka
    95672066_0_af617_d4ea2776685f_orig.gif
    Aren't they beautiful?

Personages from other cultures would be great too :)

Those are great! It's hard to add costumes from very specific nationalities because not everyone would get the references. But if it fit a particular theme we were going for, it might work.
    Thanks for answering :)
    I meant adding things like that in some add-on like Seasons, where we could also have costumes from different national holidays like Chinese New Year, Carnivals in Rio and Venice, Thanksgiving Day etc. Btw, Seasons in Sims3 are really great. I wish we could get such add-on in Sims4 one day :)

PS: I love your bear avi :)
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    not here to ask a question per se, but just wondering what the deal is with you guys and bug fixes. what takes so long? does it bother you that so many of our games have been rendered unplayable by the amount of bugs in this game? bartenders not working, outfits constantly reverting back to everyday one (this is ESPECIALLY annoying when you spend so much time putting together your sims outfits), sims taking hours to eat, etc. there are even bugs that have been there since day one that you have not fixed, like no last name change after marriage, lack of reactions to serious life events, etc.

it's honestly very sad and comes across as you guys do not care about this game anymore. and with gurus like grant saying things like "it's too hard to add this" and "it's too expensive to do that" it's leaving us with no hope for this series. why would you waste resources providing a free trial for those who have not bought the game instead of fixing the game for those of us who have bought it? it doesn't make sense to me and i know i'm not the only simmer who feels this way.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not a person who criticises a lot and every little thing but I severely dislike the fact that we as players have to run after you as developers to get some information. You are supposed to provide us with sufficient information on where you want to go next with the game, but instead we simmers are always clueless and have to stalk you on twitter to acquire SOME kind of knowledge concerning your future plans for Sims 4.

No offense but your marketing strategy is atrocious.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2015
    the previous post was the one i wanted to post but was unable here a complement

ok i'm really tired of what i hear about everything is possible or is too difficult and impossible or will take years and plese, please please or because we are targetin low end pcs

now is my time to say please, really please guru i really tired to hear from others users about open world not being possible and stop to ask i'm really tired, the only reason i'm still here is because of it, otherwise i could just stop to post, one of the reasons i dont buy the OR is that, i not gonna spend any bucket until i hear a real answer toward this,

please i want a honest and real note about open world, already passed 4 to 5 months, the game is going bad, i dont like that "load screen everywhere model and a lot of peoples, i was waiting something like the sims 3 if i was aware of this game being like that forever i never could even thing in buy it, if you target is low ending pcs make a low end pc game and a normal pc versions of game, target only low end pcs, will make peoples with good pcs feel bad because, we are in 2015 we are expectating the best not the worst, making a game for low end pcs just make majority of peoples which normally have good games looks like this game is some sort of "tras-h" and was made for amators or peoples which dont care for the game and just wanted release a game.

then please i really want a honest tought about it, please i want something right, again your team have more than enough time to decide it, and it's feature is a very important and complicated to be place too much later, if indeed this gonna happen jus say, then i happy stop to bother here because keep peoples which false hope is very frustrating.

i'm not lying when i told which i liked the game at first sight, but when i compare with sims 3 and sims medieval this game looks like so empty and claustrophobic we have tiny worlds and have load screen everywhere just make the things worse.

and about the tiny world, we can hope have a revamp in the current size of the 2 towns which you must agree that towns looks like villages, this if you get both of then and put together, if you put each one separated they looks like 2 neighborhood, my real life neighborhood is big than that 2 cities together.

really please give a sincere and true answer toward open world and size of the towns, because again if is about play a little town i prefer the sims medieval which i can walk to others places than this thing.

how do you team managed to make a game which only make peoples want to play more the sims 2 and sims 3 and even after say to peoples "forget the sims 3", you just ended make a game which peoples are wanting to forget and go back to play sims 3.

stop to focus on make game packs, expansions or whatever, gathere your team and focus in make the base game the best base game possible, otherwise making exp and game packs, not will save this game since the base is broken, yeahs many peoples probably will buy anyway but not all of then and as the things get worst less and less peoples will buy because not everyone is so easy to be used forever.
    what you need to do
    1 - speak more with customers here to know what to do and give us what can be made
    2 - fixing bugs
    3 - improve base game to a acceptable level
    4 - then finally go make exp, game pack whatever you want

that is the priority i see in others companies but is not used here, this is a sucefull model.
    i dont know if you read the article about lol dev team and how they are the top sucefull companie game with only one game, they just showed wich they hear the fans and speak they just copy blizzard model(they said that) they see how blizzard give a really awesome support how they discuss about they games with the fans, what fans want what they can give, they never say "it's too difficult or expensive", they normally say we gonna try and is on our list which actually ending happening, they keep a tracking to fans about what is happening behind the scenes, this is how a companie gatherer true followers which gonna buy they games happy with almost none complain because, customers can trust on them, trusth is about ask and give, not just ask.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Now for bug fixes I'd like to see.

Sims changing into their default one outfit every time they go on a lot is very annoying. It takes me longer to do pictures for stories because of it. If you watch the Let's Plays for outdoor retreat you can see a lot of let's players reporting this issue.

Mixologist leaving or not doing their jobs.

Not being able to tell a sim to leave anymore.

Whenever you load your saved households their standing at the road regardless of what they were doing when you left them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    Oh, my other issue with the game: Is there any way that in-laws and steps can start being acknowledged as family? I really don't like that when my sims age to young-adults that romance is one of the conversation choices with the step parent. It's a bit less gross when it's in-laws, but sometimes those interactions happen autonomously as well.

Edit: Regardless of the romance interaction, both steps and inlaws are family so it would be nice if that were in the relationship information.

Another edit: And I forgot to add, can romances stop being initiated by played sims when you're rotated into another household? I am not sure if this has been addressed yet or not.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Oh, my other issue with the game: Is there any way that in-laws and steps can start being acknowledged as family? I really don't like that when my sims age to young-adults that romance is one of the conversation choices with the step parent. It's a bit less gross when it's in-laws, but sometimes those interactions happen autonomously as well.
    I hate that to after all the step parent basically raised the child to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sorry long list of questions.

What are the maps I find in neighborhoods for?
    Why were the rotating and zooming and the fourth speed features not included in the UI?
    With Sims 4 being out for a few months now, what really is the direction the Sims 4 is headed?
    Can the Sims 1 and Sims 2 be available for sale on a permanent basis on Origin? I want my fellow Simmers to be able to play the older games.
    If Origin becomes no longer used by EA in the future, what will happen to our games that we have downloaded? We will lose what we paid for forever?
    What is the engine that the Sims 4 runs on? Is it the same one used to make mobile games? Will that engine be able to make the Sims 4 an actual life simulation game or will it remain a questing game?
    Will EA keep to their word and make all life stages available in the Sims 4 game via patches at least?
    What does the eye or hair color carry forward in the genetics when having babies in live mode?

About the life stages:

Can our babies have a sling object wrapped around the adult Sim so parents can walk around and multitask while carrying them?
    Can children get play interactions in the game again?
    Can we get a private school in which the kids can still live at home like TS2?
    Can a bus come by our house to pick up children and teens again?
    Can teens and elders get more different interactions than the adults?
    Why don’t my Sims react or most of the time unable to save a Sim when they die? Most of the time they just keep sleeping in bed. It’s like major life and death events are completely ignored by other Sims.

Wow, Scobre. That's quite a lot of questions, including quite a few I can't comment on, either because I just don't know, or it's outside my area of expertise. (Origin, sales, etc.)

What are the maps I find in neighborhoods for? - Not sure what you're referring to.
    Why were the rotating and zooming and the fourth speed features not included in the UI? - Not sure what you're referring to. Zoom and rotate is in the camera UI. Super speed 3, as we call it, only activates under certain conditions.

As far as the family play questions, yes we will be adding more interactions and features at some point. As usual I can't comment on timing/specifics.

As far as reactions go, yes, this is something I am looking into improving.
    The ones you dig up in the neighborhood. It say you found a map or something like that.

About the UI. The zooming and rotate was in the Sims 1, 2, and 3, so it was a shock to know it wasn't included in the Sims 4.

Showing an example of the Sims 3 one here:
    2.png?w=500&h=375

As you can see there are arrows and plus and minus signs for the zooming and rotating on the bottom left side. In the speed section there is another speed arrow underneath the time. This made it possible to speed up during a current action.

That's nice about the family play questions. I hope that some of the things we won't have to wait for a GP or EP for it to happen, but some of them I could see in an expansion pack. I really do hope the community is told in the direction the Sims are heading towards. We all love the games and would like to know the future of them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I'm not a person who criticises a lot and every little thing but I severely dislike the fact that we as players have to run after you as developers to get some information. You are supposed to provide us with sufficient information on where you want to go next with the game, but instead we simmers are always clueless and have to stalk you on twitter to acquire SOME kind of knowledge concerning your future plans for Sims 4.

No offense but your marketing strategy is atrocious.

couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    So nice to see this thread open again!

Been sitting on these quite a while...

- Why does Mischief have its own category for socials? Most of them would fit in perfectly fine under Funny or Mean.

Forgot this question. The main reason is that Mischief socials are associated with their own skill. They also tend to have a somewhat different tone than purely funny or mean socials -- they're often jokes at the target's expense, but ones that that they can laugh along with if they're in the right frame of mind.
    Side note - two of the Mischief socials, "Noxious Cloud" and "Ask Due Date" (on clearly non-pregnant Sim), seem to be almost universally mean-spirited. Maybe those should be Mean?

Now for the mostly new questions...

- Why is the harvestable quality scale so misleading? Sims will complain about food made with Normal through Very Nice produce. Are they really that snobby? TS3, TS4, and TS4 internal quality scale in this order:

Horrifying, Normal, Sickly (TS4 plants start here)
    Putrid, Nice, Frail
    Foul, Very Nice, Meager
    Bad, Good, Scrubby
    Normal, Great, Common (TS3 plants start here)
    Nice, Excellent, Sturdy
    Very Nice, Superb, Hearty
    Great, Magnificent, Vigorous
    Excellent, Pristine, Lush
    Perfect, Perfect, Pristine

- Why are Sims cranky for so long after a poor-quality meal? The moodlets last four hours - long enough that a bad breakfast can completely wreck your workday. I had to make a mod where brushing your teeth would nuke these moodlets: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=543928

- Why is there a Villain path in the Secret Agent career? Is it to provide the Secret Agent with guys to bust? We could have used the Criminal career for that. Secret Agent should have been like Law Enforcement from TS3, with Forensics as the second path.

- Since removing careers would be ill-received, would it be possible to have some careers only available in some towns? For example, the two-in-one Entertainment career makes sense in a little town like Willow Creek, but in a bigger city, you'd have a full Comedy (Clown/Stand-Up) and Music (Classical/Rock). Likewise, one town might have an army base, while Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have Sim-NASA bases. Or maybe being able to start with a different town with a different set of careers?

- Would it be possible to change the "aspiration" system? Instead of giving you a laundry list of goals with no leeway (I call them Lifetime Wishlists), could they work like TS2's aspirations and generate whims? We already have skills generating whims. Then, instead of the Lifetime Wishlist, you just get a Lifetime Wish that is the culmination of all of the wants and such. I get that the Lifetime Wishlists give you a sense of progression along the way to your goal, but they are just too linear and drain the fun from the game. Careers already give you the sense of progression just fine and have done so for a long time. Making aspirations influence day-to-day whims would also give Sims a slightly deeper personality.

- Still don't know the reasoning behind having broken toilets spout water from the bowl up and become completely unusable.

- Technical question: Why was there a lockout on the "take bite-of-food / swig-of-drink" actions? I understand that it ensured that Sims talked at the dinner table, but Sims would just stare into space with a forced grin if they were eating alone. I removed the lockout in my mod and it makes Sims eat much more quickly - it's already a very well-received mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=546600

Also, why does the "talk at the dinner table" action come with all those hand-and-arm gestures and remove the Sim from eating? Only serves to slow down dinner.

I'm not sure about the harvestable quality scale. But Sims are only aware of the final quality of the food, not the quality of the produce used.

It looks to me from the tuning that bad meal buffs last for 2 hours. However Foodie Sims have strong reactions. I do like the idea that brushing your teeth gets rid of the buff. Great idea!

Limiting certain careers to specific towns would trade player freedom for "realism." In this case I don't feel like it would be worth it.

Funny you should mention aspirations -- we've discussed tying them more closely together with whims.

Food lockout: Good question. My understanding is that without a lockout Sims will just plough through their meals with little awareness of what is going on around them. (or chewing). I get that it's frustrating that it feels like your Sims are being inefficient. It's something I'd like to play around with and see if I can improve.
  • Options
    brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited January 2015
    Can you guys please do something about autonomous relationships forming in non-played households during rotational play? I am not pleased when I come back to a household and my happily married couple has been seeing other people on the side. Sometimes their affairs are with relatives.
  • Options
    Anshin wrote: »
    PLEASE, will terraforming / terrain sculpting be added to the game?

It's a challenge, but I'd like to see it.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Hi, I have a question.
    What is the reasoning behind not having a 64bit version available for the Sims 4?
    I understand you can't speak to what you will add in the future but is it something you'd personally like to see ?

Can't speak to this, sorry.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I have a list of suggestions. Please skim through my list and when you have time I'd be grateful if you actually read it all.

Before I get started I want to say that I think you would benefit greatly from participating in conversations with your community outside of this Q&A (I mean on the forums, not just on twitter and very rarely on reddit). As it is now the people who come here get the feeling you do not care about them. Yes, you do post on twitter but there are many people who do not like twitter. You may think they need to "get with the times" but you'd be smart to remember there are a great many people here influencing others and in turn influencing the image of your company and your devs. People talk, and whether it's positive or negative, word spreads fast. It doesn't matter if those people who are being influenced are participating in conversations here as long as they're reading them.

What I'd like to see in the Sims 4(not in order of importance):
    • The ability to swim in lakes
    • More interactions with lakes or pools of water in general (sitting near and splashing feet or wading into shallow water and splashing around)
    • The ability to talk while Fishing
    • Breed bugs from Outdoor retreat similar to how one can breed frogs.
    • Portable toilets
    • Sims autonomously doing more things such as; gardening, cleaning the house, ect
    • Bring back autonomous drinks. Decrease how often they get the drinks and/or the weight gained
    • Keep and continue to add onto multi-tasking
    • Make it so sims have less "dead time". When doing single actions sims often pause and do nothing or just look around.
      - This can even be seen in your own life stream when SimGuru Sarah attempted to "tell campfire stories".
    • Sims should be able to talk and eat at a faster pace than they currently are able.
    • Less autonomous walking in on other sims, don't remove - just lower the chance signifigntly.
    • Sims personalities should be affected more by the traits given to them. As they are now they all seem too similar and the only difference seems to be a random buff or two
    • Please continue to add more traits. Loner is fine but to me it doesn't fit if I want a shy sim. A person can like being around other people even if they are nervous to do so.
    • Add the ability for elders to have the same normal walk as all other life stages. Just because you're old doesn't mean you have poor posture.
    • Ability to make any lot a rental and any lot a residential.
      - This is a limitation I do not understand. I like the idea of living in
      Oasis Springs, and then renting a different house (maybe the one next door) and staying there for awhile. Or living in Granite falls and vacating in Oasis Springs.
    • Ability to Hike with other sims and have sims talk and hike (group interaction)
      If you can't do that, I'd like the ability to "go for walks" in base game worlds Or do both.. Both would be nice
    • An option to increase autonomy. Yes, I love playing and controlling my sims but I also like big families. If it's an option the player can choose to play their own way (example being none, low, medium, and full.) As it is now full seems more like normal. The sims seem kind of smart until you have 4~8 of them, then it begins to become painfully obvious how "dumb" they are.
    • Option to take babies from the crib, and carry them around, while watching tv/sitting
      -perhaps add a baby sling so that the parents can carry their child in front of them while their hands remain free.
      -if the sim needs to put down the baby make it have to return it to a bassinet or crib (not necessarily the one it came from)
    • Sims autonomously care for their babies more (while they're crying) As it is now the parents are so out of tune with their children they may as well be taken away by child services.
    • 'd love to see Herbilism expanded upon in future GPs or EPs, it's fun.
    • Tweek for "Bring Sim here" while camping. Some times you have to click the sims icon several time before this option will apear.
    • Ability to store food in the coolers (less freshness than fridge, but more than if it were left out)
    • Ability to feed and clean tanks of collectible pets. (perhaps don't make them die, just get moodlets)
      -(Can use the cooking animation for seasoning for feeding and the "swipe" animation from "put in inventory" for cleaning"
    • More options to customize game play. I understand you don't want to make the game too easy or too hard but not everyone has the same perception of difficulty.
    • Ability to get part time jobs, as adults.
    • Make the part time jobs more detailed. It'd be nice to get something small as a reward for permotion, even if it's just clutter.
    • Make it possible to be tipped "tending bar"
    • More items that are only obtainable through word working
    • Option to sell food to a "market", similar to how you can sell cupcakes to the "bakery"
    • Ability to sell veggies/fruits to a "farmers market"
    • Ability to sell crafted items from handiness to a "flea market"
    • Open neighborhoods. I understand worlds will probably never be open like the sims 3 but I'd like the ability to visit lots next to mine without a loading screen. If possible/worried about performance on dated computers perhaps add an option to settings to force a load? Or make the insides of houses render nothing inside unless you step in the lot.
    • Add the ability to alter how many sims walk around outside lots. At the moment it is 20 (I believe) but perhaps I'd like more or less. I'd just like the ability to choose what is most appropriate for my system.
    • Add ability to see npcs "barters, performers, maids, mailmen" in townie tab so we don't delete them.
    • Ability to turn off culling (stops sims from being deleted unless the user deletes them themselves, but still have a 180 sim limit)
    • Ability to turn off townie generation period.
    • If open neighborhoods is absolutely not possible I'd like activities to be added to base game/future lot surroundings. (like the pop up food stands, I want to go do things without loading all the time)
      - Stands to purchase food or clothes as well as stands for games and other activities.
      It really sucks feeling like you don't want to leave your lot because of loading screens interrupting immersion.
    • Alternatively perhaps add neighborhoods that only have (2~3) lots on them but are open and have sims be able to autonomously use anything in the area as long as the lot is non residential. The sims that walk around can even just be the ones that live there, or just have the special neighborhoods only be community type lots.
    • Washing Machines and Dish Washers
    • Sims that autonomously clean around the house(emphasis)
    • Dusting and sweeping animations
    • More ethnic hair - real curls and waves, thick hair
    • Game systems
    • Pool tables
    • Arcade lot type that attracts teenagers to it the way elders used to be attracted to lounges (which imo is too bad it's been altered. YA and A already had bars and clubs)
    • More pool interactions and items. (pool noodles, inflatable chairs, marco polo)
    • Swimming Skill
    • Dancing Skill or just more dance moves and styles
    • Singing Skill
    • If the worlds will always be closed, I personally don't see a point in cars but I would love to have bikes and go biking around the neighborhood.
    • Story Progression with the ability to turn it off (Sims act like they are now, except will never autonomously start a relationships)
      -I personally want sims to get jobs, quit jobs, level skills, move in or out of places, start romances, divorce,have affairs, or live happily, have children, change clothes after aging up, even hair, ect.
      -Ability to turn story progression on/off depending on played/unplayed households. Ability to select which played households have story progression and which don't.
    • Ability to give Sims a Committal Trait (does not stack with Non-committal) (These Sims will never accept or initiate romantic interaction without the player telling them to and will become stressed/annoyed when other sims try to flirt with them or if they quit their job)
    • Ability for sims to write (without a computer)
    • Add something to the Base game hidden lots, even if it's something in an ep.
    • I see fairies fly around in the "Sylvan Tree" hidden lot, I'd love to be able to catch them or interact with them
      -Or just anything special to happen with that area. It's very pretty to visit but is lacking in usefulness.
    • An ability to name Cowplants
    • More dialogue and interactions with toys (For children and those with the Childish trait)
      -I love the toys and how they can talk to you and become your friend. I'd love to see more interactions from these "beings"
    • Please continue to make collectible items usable in some way, even if it's for a skill or to unlock something. I enjoy when they're useful (bugs to herbilsm, fish for cooking)
    • Ability to lock doors.
    • Change "Never Weary" trait name to something more like "Less Weary"
    • Add back an actual "Never Weary" trait that cost a higher price.
      - It's the players choice how they want their characters to behave, I don't see how that is "game breaking". This is not a game that can be beat, but rather should continue to be a game of possibilities.
    • Family Trees
    • Last but not least; toddlers...
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top