Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: ASK A SIMGURU – 11AM TO 12 NOON PST TUESDAYS

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The thread is now open for questions.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Thank you so much for the help last week finding the rotating tools and happy Anniversary Sims! I also can’t type happy enough for the family tree patch coming today.

Can we get smarter Sims?
    Can our Sims take care of their children better?
    Since the UI and loading screens are causing headaches for many Simmers, can the white color of them be changed to blue and can the icons be increased in size?
    Why do the genetics seem broken since the December patch?
    Can our Sims eat faster?
    Why is linear game play being forced on all players and then we are punished if we don’t want to play that way like having the game kill a child for failing, unsuccessful party, or unable to move on in a career? We either have to resort to not doing those activities or mod them out.
    I know this is a silly suggestion but since there is a big unicorn stuff animal in the game, would it be possible for the Sim children to scream “It’s so fluffy!” in Simlish?
    If toddlers are ever added could there be an age up option for all life stages and aging up early come without a consequence for aging a toddler up early?
    Will there be a forum party on the anniversary?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Hi Gurus!! In your opinion, what is one of the best new developed features in sims 4? In your opinion, what is the one thing in sims 4 that needs the most improvement? Thanks!! :):)
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    What have you got planned for the 15th anniversary?
    When will the next game pack be released?
    When will the first Expansion pack be released?
    What about stuff packs?
    Will we and if so when will we be getting toddlers? :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Can you investigate the headaches people are reporting from sims4 and the forums? Just a few alterations and I think it would help simmers a great deal :) I think its the bright white and green, perhaps theres a way to make it less ott ;)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812157/can-we-discuss-the-headaches-caused-by-this-game-poll/p1

I hope @Cinebar doesnt mind me asking as I see this open! ;)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2015
    Is the bug reported here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13195747#Comment_13195747 & http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/806033/sims-are-changing-their-outfits-when-going-to-a-different-lot & http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812126/clothing-issues-that-still-need-fixing- about Sims being stuck in Everyday #1 on the radar?

Does the patch fix children & teens being allowed into bars & lounges?

And especially: Did you play Sims before you joined the Sims team?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Will NPC's like policeman, robbers, firefighters and repairman possibily come back? I hate that the only options to repair stuff are either get a new and spend a ton of money or have my sim repair it and take a huge time doing so while also having a chance of him dying.

Is it possible to make carpools come back?

Is it possible to even add lifestages to the game?

Is it possible for you guys to take a look into the bear NPC? Sometimes he does not wear his outfit but still makes sims all around get tense.

Thanks
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited February 2015
    When is the bartending bug being fixed and the Sims standing on the sidewalk when you open the game or change house holds being fixed?
  • Options
    When is the bartending bug being fixed and the Sims standing on the sidewalk being fixed?

Bartender bug is fixed. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Might we see a neighborhood editor which will allow us to 'add' vacant lots to the existing worlds and or new worlds? I know you can't talk about content not yet released, however, maybe a hint, lol, or at least you are looking at reworking worlds. I would love to have more vacant lots added to the existing worlds. I play rotational and always have since the TS1. Though, I may or may not go through many generations for my Sims (not all) I add and add more Sims to my games, as either extras, and or potential partners later, and or just to make the type hoods I like and I long since ran out of room in this game, about the first week.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Are lockable doors on the horizon?
    Also, are you all planning on returning assigned beds or being able to assign beds?

Thanks a whole bunch for the new patch! I'm really enjoying it!
  • Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    Anshin wrote: »
    PLEASE, will terraforming / terrain sculpting be added to the game?

It's a challenge, but I'd like to see it.

Can you actually confirm if terraforming will eventually be added to Sims 4?

Also, any word on split levels?

Thanks!

This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Hi Gurus! I'd just like to say a huge thank you for the Geneology addition in today's patch! I know you can't talk about future content, however, I would like to ask, we will be hearing news on upcoming content soonish? Only, I've been pondering over the 'Celebrate the Sims' banner quite a lot and I've (along with many others) spotted quite a lot of things that seem... new? (Police outfit, clown, alien, to name but a few). I'm not asking you to talk about future content, I'm just asking, can we expect to hear news on that front soon? I understand if you can't answer and I'd just like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for the wonderful patch you have released today! Keep up the good work! :D
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just a note to bring something to your attention. I had two sims living apart and while they were apart, the male upgraded all his appliances and sinks and things in an effort to get to level 10 handiness so he could go to the grotto to fish.....

So when I did move them in together at her house, I replaced all her things with the things that he upgraded. But after doing that, they weren't recognized by the game somehow and they kept getting whims to buy a stove, or buy a fridge for not owning a necessity. Also, things he brought with him like his punching bag and treadmill were not recognized either and he kept getting whims to buy those again even though they were right there.

I also wasn't able to drag leftovers to the fridge or dishes to the sinks he replaced either.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am a little confused about the family tree because in my game the relationships haven't changed. I have a mom that got married and she has a daughter but its still saying the half sister is a sister to the daughter and the step dad is nothing to her. But in the family tree it says the sister is a half sister to her and the person the mom married is her step dad. Can you explain how its suppose to work.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    hurfr wrote: »
    What have you got planned for the 15th anniversary?
    When will the next game pack be released?
    When will the first Expansion pack be released?
    What about stuff packs?
    Will we and if so when will we be getting toddlers? :)

We've got a few surprises for the 15th - today's update with Geneaology & cute valentine's stuff for example. Yesterday's Mac announcement. It's always fun to celebrate an anniversary!
    - we can't talk about any future content releases - sorry friends!
  • Options
    Can you investigate the headaches people are reporting from sims4 and the forums? Just a few alterations and I think it would help simmers a great deal :) I think its the bright white and green, perhaps theres a way to make it less ott ;)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812157/can-we-discuss-the-headaches-caused-by-this-game-poll/p1

I hope @Cinebar doesnt mind me asking as I see this open! ;)

We've heard that feedback, we're looking into some options on our end. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    When is the bartending bug being fixed and the Sims standing on the sidewalk when you open the game or change house holds being fixed?

What @Sigzy05‌ said. Bartender bug was fixed in today's patch. Yay!
    I have raised another ticket on the sidewalk bug. We thought we had fixed it and are concerned to see it is still there.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    I have at least 5 sets of Sims Trophy figures and keep digging up time capsules with more. Is there any way to have them filled with something else after that collection has been completed?
  • Options
    Is the bug reported here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13195747#Comment_13195747 & http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/806033/sims-are-changing-their-outfits-when-going-to-a-different-lot & http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812126/clothing-issues-that-still-need-fixing- about Sims being stuck in Everyday #1 on the radar?

Does the patch fix children & teens being allowed into bars & lounges?

And especially: Did you play Sims before you joined the Sims team?

I'll ask the team about those specific issues. There are times when you visit a lot where a particular situation might be happening so your Sims might change clothes. But we'll check it out.

I played a TON of Sims before joining the team. I owned all the EPs for TS1 before I joined during Unleashed and played the heck out of them. So many dates :p Between working on Superstar & Makin' Magic I actually worked with some co-workers to write up a Definitive Sims "Bible" of sorts capturing everything we'd done so far. It's only about TS1 but it was pretty fun to work on. Did you know Sims in TS1 could spontaneously combust?
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited February 2015
    SimGuruLyndsay, I would like to ask, if you could bring back one feature or piece of content from each of the previous games in the Sims series, what would you bring back and introduce to TS4?

EDIT: SimGuruBChick, you can answer too if you like! :D
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015

What @Sigzy05‌ said. Bartender bug was fixed in today's patch. Yay!
    I have raised another ticket on the sidewalk bug. We thought we had fixed it and are concerned to see it is still there.

I just checked it my self, I'm no longer having issues with them, Bob Pancake is completly bug free xD Huge thanks for the fix, it was really annoying :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Friendly_fairyFriendly_fairy Posts: 11 New Member
    Good Evening

I would like to ask if it would be possible to sell the expansion and game packs of the sims 4 in retail stores with the serial code only?

Thank you for your time
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top