Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    steve7859 wrote: »
    Oh let it die then i have lost all respect for the game. If it shuts you idots up do it

Steve, you've got a real bad attitude problem. There is 0 excuse for making insulting remarks like that. After doing some homework here, I can see most everyone in this thread, does have legitimate issues with the game and the direction EA is taking it. And the fact that a lot of the limitations are hard wired into the game and cannot be undone, is definitely not good game design.

I was a defender of this game. I thought a few expansions and patches to fix and add to the game was all it needs, but the fact is, some features from sims 2 and sims 3, just wont be doable in Sims 4. Sure they can add more careers, more objects, a basement tool, but what about the fact that fences cannot be placed on the lot border? What about the fact that garages will only be doable if the house is not on a foundation? How about the fact that the world is such that we may never see raise or lower terrain?

I myself, a defender of the game, can no longer even do that. They took shortcuts, released a game early. A game that started out as an online sims, that was scrapped and quickly turned into single player sims 4, with the hardwired limitations intact. Rather than done that, they should of scrapped that entire canceled project, and built the sims 4 from the ground up and utilized the best of sims 2, and the best of sims 3, and actually programmed and tested patches for quality assurance. The fact that every patch thus far, tried to fix 2 or 3 bugs, but created 4-5 bugs in the process. I like the game, but I also acknowledge there's problems with it. And unless EA/Maxis can step up their game, and create an expansion that can override the limitations, the sims 4 wont ever reach the levels sims 2 set. Unless EA/Maxis start Quality Assuring the game, and stop relying on third party mod creators to fix their game for them, the game will end up mediocre at best. I've already lost quite a bit of respect for the game now myself.

For the sake of everyone like you who truly believed in the game and are now losing hope, they really ought to pull it together... perhaps they will. Don't worry. We can stay together as a community and keep each other company - and at the same time, we can keep honing our commentary and give them a really clear focus on what the community wants to see. It's not as good as having a better polished base game from the start would have been, but it's better than losing faith and dealing with it alone. I really am sorry that you're starting to feel our pain - but I do appreciate that you've taken the time to read and consider things :) hopefully those who have a say in the future direction of the game will do the same!
    But what happens if you actually like the game. I wasn't expecting the game to be like all the other sims games or I truly wouldn't have bought it. I was wanting a brand new sims game. If they made every sim game the same it wouldn't be fun. I like the new fresh approach of the game.
    Well then why do you bother?
    Happy simming. :)

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Im sorry, im so very sorry :(
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Oh let it die then i have lost all respect for the game. If it shuts you idots up do it

Steve, you've got a real bad attitude problem. There is 0 excuse for making insulting remarks like that. After doing some homework here, I can see most everyone in this thread, does have legitimate issues with the game and the direction EA is taking it. And the fact that a lot of the limitations are hard wired into the game and cannot be undone, is definitely not good game design.

I was a defender of this game. I thought a few expansions and patches to fix and add to the game was all it needs, but the fact is, some features from sims 2 and sims 3, just wont be doable in Sims 4. Sure they can add more careers, more objects, a basement tool, but what about the fact that fences cannot be placed on the lot border? What about the fact that garages will only be doable if the house is not on a foundation? How about the fact that the world is such that we may never see raise or lower terrain?

I myself, a defender of the game, can no longer even do that. They took shortcuts, released a game early. A game that started out as an online sims, that was scrapped and quickly turned into single player sims 4, with the hardwired limitations intact. Rather than done that, they should of scrapped that entire canceled project, and built the sims 4 from the ground up and utilized the best of sims 2, and the best of sims 3, and actually programmed and tested patches for quality assurance. The fact that every patch thus far, tried to fix 2 or 3 bugs, but created 4-5 bugs in the process. I like the game, but I also acknowledge there's problems with it. And unless EA/Maxis can step up their game, and create an expansion that can override the limitations, the sims 4 wont ever reach the levels sims 2 set. Unless EA/Maxis start Quality Assuring the game, and stop relying on third party mod creators to fix their game for them, the game will end up mediocre at best. I've already lost quite a bit of respect for the game now myself.

Thank you. I'm sorry you've seen the issues that bother many the most. But thank you for defending your fellow simmers <3
    @Cinebar I continue fighting to be heard because I think we deserve to be heard and the issues to be addressed. I'm beyond disappointed in EA above all because I believed in the ''player first' and claims which encouraged me to invest and these have all been the exact opposite of my experience. I believe in great customer service and so far that's not what I've experienced. Also because my heart doesn't want me to give up on the sims even if my head says no matter what is said or how respectfully you try to conduct yourself the company refuse to engage.

When Cinebar told me that one of the head hancho's said Sims 4 isn't a life simulation game, but actually a time fill one, that was probably the biggest shock for me. Sims for me, has always been a life simulation game. I've had so many awesome stories in sims 1 and even sims 2. And I even had some stories in sims 3, when it wasn't such a laggy buggy mess for me. That game, I've had to restart my family many many times. Sims 2, I've only ever had to restart them once. And that was only because somehow, the world I was playing on got corrupted. Heck I was pretty popular on the sims 3 site, would get into gifting wars with many people. And even though my computer can't really run sims 3 smoothly, I still intend to buy the expansions I haven't got yet. I always got this drive to finish a collection once started. Dunno why it drives me nuts not having a complete game lol.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Look ignore derail attempts. They don't deserve attention in the slightest.

Im not derailing at all i genuinely enjoy reading what you all have to say

Then quit calling people idiots and posting scary gifs and start contributing to what you want to say about the game. Join the conversation even if we disagree about the game, because how do I know you are actually a nice person when you just called us all idiots. You can think it but you don't get to say it. :\

Its the Cheshire cat from Alice madness returns, its not scary to me so im sorry if you find it scary. Sorry if you thought it was i didn't know. I really didnt know.

Thank you. I accept your apology and yes, I'm not usually freaked out by gifs but that one for me is actually very creepy, but I thank you for apologizing. Happy Simming!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited January 2015

Thank you. I'm sorry you've seen the issues that bother many the most. But thank you for defending your fellow simmers <3
    @Cinebar I continue fighting to be heard because I think we deserve to be heard and the issues to be addressed. I'm beyond disappointed in EA above all because I believed in the ''player first' and claims which encouraged me to invest and these have all been the exact opposite of my experience. I believe in great customer service and so far that's not what I've experienced. Also because my heart doesn't want me to give up on the sims even if my head says no matter what is said or how respectfully you try to conduct yourself the company refuse to engage.

When Cinebar told me that one of the head hancho's said Sims 4 isn't a life simulation game, but actually a time fill one, that was probably the biggest shock for me. Sims for me, has always been a life simulation game. I've had so many awesome stories in sims 1 and even sims 2. And I even had some stories in sims 3, when it wasn't such a laggy buggy mess for me. That game, I've had to restart my family many many times. Sims 2, I've only ever had to restart them once. And that was only because somehow, the world I was playing on got corrupted. Heck I was pretty popular on the sims 3 site, would get into gifting wars with many people. And even though my computer can't really run sims 3 smoothly, I still intend to buy the expansions I haven't got yet. I always got this drive to finish a collection once started. Dunno why it drives me nuts not having a complete game lol.

Rachel Franklin called the game a sitcom.

That was like disappointment #2 for me.
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    The video speaks so much truth. It's relevant till today as nothing ever improves about the game anyway. You paid for more content? Alright let's take away a few in secret. If something does improve then the video might not be as important as it was. However, this is all we have for now and until then.

This thread irritates me. Just saying.

The game has far improved since this video (as horrible as this video is) was posted.

And the content they added is better then the equivalent in any other sims game. outdoor retreat, also a much better deal then any crappy sims 3 stuff pack.

should I remind you all of
    Katy perrys sweet treats, and diseal stuff, horrible horrible, pieces of "content".

sims 4 is just better.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    @Stephen First of all, I do not hate you. I have been mad at you. In fact I almost reported you for your comment, but I didn't. I wanted to give you a chance. Now understand that I generally only go after trolls.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

For the sake of everyone like you who truly believed in the game and are now losing hope, they really ought to pull it together... perhaps they will. Don't worry. We can stay together as a community and keep each other company - and at the same time, we can keep honing our commentary and give them a really clear focus on what the community wants to see. It's not as good as having a better polished base game from the start would have been, but it's better than losing faith and dealing with it alone. I really am sorry that you're starting to feel our pain - but I do appreciate that you've taken the time to read and consider things :) hopefully those who have a say in the future direction of the game will do the same!
    But what happens if you actually like the game. I wasn't expecting the game to be like all the other sims games or I truly wouldn't have bought it. I was wanting a brand new sims game. If they made every sim game the same it wouldn't be fun. I like the new fresh approach of the game.

That's fine, but a few changes don't mean that the new style will go away. Ans if anything, it's further reason for you to tell them what you want to see added to the game. People are never going to agree about everything but the sims series has always been about options - you could choose not to do things you didn't like. What most of us are asking for is more options. Aren't there some options you'd like to see? Isn't it better to participate in the brainstorming so you're more likely to see things added that you would enjoy? And certainly it's in everyone's best interests for the game to appeal to a wider audience - more fans means more money for the game, more money means more content being developed. It's really a win/win situation, when looked at from a positive perspective :)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    The video speaks so much truth. It's relevant till today as nothing ever improves about the game anyway. You paid for more content? Alright let's take away a few in secret. If something does improve then the video might not be as important as it was. However, this is all we have for now and until then.

The game has far improved since this video (as horrible as this video is) was posted.

And the content they added is better then the equivalent in any other sims game. outdoor retreat, also a much better deal then any crappy sims 3 stuff pack.

Katy perrys sweet treats, and diseal stuff, horrible horrible, pieces of "content".

sims 4 is just better.

I don't consider half a base game better. There is just WAY too much missing content, secondly the game seems so claustrophobic, and thirdly it's not a sims game anymore.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    LaAbby wrote: »

sims 4 is just better.

I don't consider half a base game better. There is just WAY too much missing content, secondly the game seems so claustrophobic, and thirdly it's not a sims game anymore.

How is it not a sims game anymore? its still a life sim, no matter how you look at it
    ^ please answer.

The only things really missing now are open world CAS and toddlers, the rest has been added back in, (actual gameplay elements that aren't just aesthetic ) anyway.

• Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    So about the topic. The one that a couple of posters are clearly upset enough to try and derail the thread. Again. I have to reiterate that I don't want the game or the franchise to die and I've enjoyed the game enough so far to have gotten my money's worth. But I do find it sad that even some of the staunchest supporters of the game are also a little disappointed in it.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

sims 4 is just better.

If the thread irritates you, don't come into it. It is that simple. No one forces you too. I will never understand why people feel the need to go into a thread they don't like, just to say they don't like it.

As far as the game goes, that is your opinion, and your entitled to it. It does not mean others have to feel the same way. If your happy with it, fine, go play it instead of coming into threads, and trying to put down other peoples opinions.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2015

That's fine, but a few changes don't mean that the new style will go away. Ans if anything, it's further reason for you to tell them what you want to see added to the game. People are never going to agree about everything but the sims series has always been about options - you could choose not to do things you didn't like. What most of us are asking for is more options. Aren't there some options you'd like to see? Isn't it better to participate in the brainstorming so you're more likely to see things added that you would enjoy? And certainly it's in everyone's best interests for the game to appeal to a wider audience - more fans means more money for the game, more money means more content being developed. It's really a win/win situation, when looked at from a positive perspective :)
    @blueasbutterfly Of course there are things I want in the game but its only been out since September are you expecting it to like TS3 all at once it takes time. This game has potential to be good and so far I haven't been disappointed as for the things I want to see I am willing to wait for them. I hate toddlers so I don't have problems like most of you that they aren't in the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    No, I go after hardcore trolls. The ones who wouldn't know the meaning of sorry.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

sims 4 is just better.

Reply of the day! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Yes me too. I feel like I've had so many kicks when I'm already down over this game. The comments dismissing disappointment really hurt too.

Seriously I really wanted to love it. I tried so, so hard but it just ended up upsetting me and my oh told me I was only hurting myself trying so hard, that it shouldn't need to be a challenge to love the sims. My family get it, the sims is part of who I am. I'm a collector too-so I understand that desire. So to be quite honest it broke my heart that they've released paid dlc when so much is wrong for customers like me. It hurts that three and a bit months on there's no comfort or compassion for customers like us from EA you know? If they want me to forget the sims give me a refund and come out and say it. Because this is like torture for me, and I know a lot of other customers too who have put their heart and soul and spent all their gaming budget on the sims for years. It feels like they've taken advantage of my love for the series, and that's what hurts most. It's very unfair to keep stringing people along because those people have feelings.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    So some folks said that they got sims 3 to run better with some mods, Any chance someone knowledgeable can PM me which mods to try getting? If it can improve sims 3's performance, I'd at least have sims 2 and 3 to fall back on.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member

sims 4 is just better.

How is it not a sims game anymore? its still a life sim, no matter how you look at it
    ^ please answer.

The only things really missing now are open world CAS and toddlers, the rest has been added back in, (actual gameplay elements that aren't just aesthetic ) anyway.

People at EA/Maxis have referred to TS4 as both a sitcom & a time management game. The Sims series has always been a sandbox life simulation.

Sandbox play style has yet to be added, not that it should've been removed in the first place.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

sims 4 is just better.

The game hasn't improved since this video in my eyes.
    And that comes from someone who was once a fangirl. Respect! :)

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Must i remind that like rome video games where not built in 1 day we will get the missing stuff back but we need to be patience and in the mean time you can always play pass sims game while waiting or other video games or read a good book.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    JULES1111 wrote: »

sims 4 is just better.

If the thread irritates you, don't come into it. It is that simple. No one forces you too. I will never understand why people feel the need to go into a thread they don't like, just to say they don't like it.

As far as the game goes, that is your opinion, and your entitled to it. It does not mean others have to feel the same way. If your happy with it, fine, go play it instead of coming into threads, and trying to put down other peoples opinions.

Im still waiting fo rthe reply to my original reply which was:
    ^ please answer.

Im not putting down anybody, just wanting to have a Nice, Nice conversation.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited January 2015

sims 4 is just better.
    Why is the thread irritating you, is it because you couldn't take so much truth? You'll get there.

That's because Sims 3 never needed to patch all those "missing features" hmm? That game is so complete the only things it needs are more objects and thus we got Stuff Packs.

I wouldn't call a neighborhood that is 10% the size of an average Sims 3 world an improvement. When the game never had terrain tools to begin with and all it has is an absolutely fake environment.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member

sims 4 is just better.

^ please answer.

People at EA/Maxis have referred to TS4 as both a sitcom & a time management game. The Sims series has always been a sandbox life simulation.

Sandbox play style has yet to be added, not that it should've been removed in the first place.

To me time management is stuff like Hayday. That's not what this game is supposed to be. :(
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    You shouldn't have to rely on third party mods to play the game.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    draft messed up on me. Didn't intend to reply hit the wrong quote then can't get rid of saved draft. Wish this forum would allow us to exit out of a draft.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top