Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

Right here is the problem to me: There are a thousand other games with clear rules and scripted storylines, and nothing had been done like The Sims. I can play better rpgs than this one and have many but when I want to Sim, darn it, I don't want scripted play ever. Unless I understand that is the type of game it is supposed to be like the Stand Alone TSM. Or the Sims Life Stories.

'Yet, before Wright, computer game designers usually created games with clear rules, scripted storylines, and distinct outcomes that limited pretend play. Nothing like The Sims had ever been done before and it became the best-selling computer game of all time as players embraced the challenge of managing the complicated domestic lives of their digital characters.'
    That's because EA don't let them. They're gonna sue and basically monopolize a whole genre of gaming. EA wants to have life simulation and sport games all by themselves. Maybe this is the reason why they don't even care about the popular demand and concerns.

If another company were to make a life simulation similar to The Sims without the fear of battling lawsuits and copyrights, that will tumble the company powerless.

There are other life simulators, they just aren't as huge as The Sims.

If an awesome company could create a life simulator, I think they can. It just would have to be different from The Sims, I don't think they could get sued for it.

The trouble is as with many corporations people can't risk even the suggestion because any other small company wouldn't have the funds to fight.

I don't want another company to make it. I want EA to really start engaging with the community and providing what's missing. I cannot understand why ten years after sims2 it's suddenly too hard to give us options, to have different animations for different options and to give us a sandbox. They've had ten years of our investment since-you would think that would expand options for us? Not shut them down and change the core of the game without advertising it.

I know you remain extremely hopeful. I have lost hope but if you will look at what most of us believe that this game is the salvaged TS4 Olympus and because that game was to be for a tablet and an MMO, you might see where I have now lost hope. The engine isn't going to support a lot of things. It can't, and with the game's 'vision' to attract those gamers who play iPhone games it's not going to change 'it's core' gameplay. If you keep that core gameplay in your mind it will start to dawn on you (it did me) that no matter what we ask for and or wished changed about this game it is what it is, and therefore why some are requesting let it die, though harsh, and get to the PC game already. lol Because to be honest with you Sparkfairy EA's mindset is the mobile market and they aren't going to change this games core. And with the instant up in our face loading screen there isn't room for cars and or other life stages. Unless they add preteens in some EP a few years from now.

They have said in so many ways they 'could' do things but it's not feasible meaning they don't or can't spend the time, money and man hours on some things and the load times are their first concern. It's sort of clear the direction of the game now, so I know you want to have hope against hope the game will improve, and I'm not saying for some, some new GPs and or EPs might be fun for awhile. But the core gameplay isn't going to change and neither are the loading screens. And to be honest they are worse than the TS2 for breaking immersion because they pop up inside the Sims' houses etc. allowing no room for the player to at least see the Sim walk out and go somewhere even if they disappear down the sidewalk like in the TS2. Some houses you can do that, but not all so it is what it is.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2015
    All I see in the 96 pages and I did have something to say in it I was supporting the game. Is that half of it is the topic its self and the rest of the people are derailing the topic.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm sure they're interested @sparkfairy1‌ they probably even agree with some or even most of it (of course, everyone has different opinions, just like the players themselves.) I really want to believe that they're working to bring their vision closer to ours - I'm waiting for news. I want to love it. I really do. Until I hear that they aren't going to fix it, I'm holding onto hope.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,557 Member
    well me i did not come in this topic to be disrespected nor to act like a troll i simply stated my opinion on the subjec of this thread witch is old and second no matter what is posted in this topic will not change what is already in the sims4, so its time to move on allready.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    steve7859 wrote: »
    Look ignore derail attempts. They don't deserve attention in the slightest.

Im not derailing at all i genuinely enjoy reading what you all have to say

Then quit calling people idiots and posting scary gifs and start contributing to what you want to say about the game. Join the conversation even if we disagree about the game, because how do I know you are actually a nice person when you just called us all idiots. You can think it but you don't get to say it. :\
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    well me i did not come in this topic to be disrespected nor to act like a troll i simply stated my opinion on the subjec of this thread witch is old and second no matter what is posted in this topic will not change what is already in the sims4, so its time to move on allready.

No simmer ive seen is trolling!
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I'm sure they're interested @sparkfairy1‌ they probably even agree with some or even most of it (of course, everyone has different opinions, just like the players themselves.) I really want to believe that they're working to bring their vision closer to ours - I'm waiting for news. I want to love it. I really do. Until I hear that they aren't going to fix it, I'm holding onto hope.

I also still have some hope left. I think by the first EP I'll know whether or not to let go of it.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Well, I suppose we could all start individual threads for you to talk about our disappointment. Would you like that?
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Yeah, let the thread die and those with discontent will maybe go away too. See, I know what you are doing there. Nope, not going away, getting my entertainment here and not trying to derail, show malcontent, nor dirty your nice, clean, sunshine and unicorn farts of sparkles threads. Guess we can't get the same treatment. Shame. #sigh
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

Things can, do, and will change with the base game. They have in every edition of the series. It's really silly to claim that they won't - in fact, they already have, and the gurus want to hear from the community about what changes they would like to see. If you don't like the thread or don't like the criticism, there are lots of other threads. The fact that this one shows up on the page and that irritates you sounds like a personal problem, and not one that should become the problem of everyone who is enjoying thread.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Me too. But I do wish people would educate themselves in the etiquette rules, there's absolutely no need for some of the rude behaviour shown today.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I just thought it's time to remember what this thread is about:
    CursedDice wrote: »
    That's the message from this video on Sims 4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY__IL8Cz8k

Agree with all of it
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    I just thought it's time to remember what this thread is about:
    CursedDice wrote: »
    That's the message from this video on Sims 4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY__IL8Cz8k

Agree with all of it

I also agree with it for the most part. I can also add to it. You see we also love the game.

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Oh let it die then i have lost all respect for the game. If it shuts you idots up do it

Steve, you've got a real bad attitude problem. There is 0 excuse for making insulting remarks like that. After doing some homework here, I can see most everyone in this thread, does have legitimate issues with the game and the direction EA is taking it. And the fact that a lot of the limitations are hard wired into the game and cannot be undone, is definitely not good game design.

I was a defender of this game. I thought a few expansions and patches to fix and add to the game was all it needs, but the fact is, some features from sims 2 and sims 3, just wont be doable in Sims 4. Sure they can add more careers, more objects, a basement tool, but what about the fact that fences cannot be placed on the lot border? What about the fact that garages will only be doable if the house is not on a foundation? How about the fact that the world is such that we may never see raise or lower terrain?

I myself, a defender of the game, can no longer even do that. They took shortcuts, released a game early. A game that started out as an online sims, that was scrapped and quickly turned into single player sims 4, with the hardwired limitations intact. Rather than done that, they should of scrapped that entire canceled project, and built the sims 4 from the ground up and utilized the best of sims 2, and the best of sims 3, and actually programmed and tested patches for quality assurance. The fact that every patch thus far, tried to fix 2 or 3 bugs, but created 4-5 bugs in the process. I like the game, but I also acknowledge there's problems with it. And unless EA/Maxis can step up their game, and create an expansion that can override the limitations, the sims 4 wont ever reach the levels sims 2 set. Unless EA/Maxis start Quality Assuring the game, and stop relying on third party mod creators to fix their game for them, the game will end up mediocre at best. I've already lost quite a bit of respect for the game now myself.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options

Then quit calling people idiots and posting scary gifs and start contributing to what you want to say about the game. Join the conversation even if we disagree about the game, because how do I know you are actually a nice person when you just called us all idiots. You can think it but you don't get to say it. :\

Its the Cheshire cat from Alice madness returns, its not scary to me so im sorry if you find it scary. Sorry if you thought it was i didn't know. I really didnt know.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2015
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Yeah, let the thread die and those with discontent will maybe go away too. See, I know what you are doing there. Nope, not going away, getting my entertainment here and not trying to derail, show malcontent, nor dirty your nice, clean, sunshine and unicorn farts of sparkles threads. Guess we can't get the same treatment. Shame. #sigh

<3

Edit: In case it wasn't evident, I love this. And I laughed so I loved it even more :)
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member

That gif I can already tell you, wasn't meant to be scary. It looks like he was trying to trigger seizures in people who have admitted to being prone to them. Hence the flashy part of the gif.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    The video speaks so much truth. It's relevant till today as nothing ever improves about the game anyway. You paid for more content? Alright let's take away a few in secret. If something does improve then the video might not be as important as it was. However, this is all we have for now and until then.
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »
    Oh let it die then i have lost all respect for the game. If it shuts you idots up do it

Steve, you've got a real bad attitude problem. There is 0 excuse for making insulting remarks like that. After doing some homework here, I can see most everyone in this thread, does have legitimate issues with the game and the direction EA is taking it. And the fact that a lot of the limitations are hard wired into the game and cannot be undone, is definitely not good game design.

I was a defender of this game. I thought a few expansions and patches to fix and add to the game was all it needs, but the fact is, some features from sims 2 and sims 3, just wont be doable in Sims 4. Sure they can add more careers, more objects, a basement tool, but what about the fact that fences cannot be placed on the lot border? What about the fact that garages will only be doable if the house is not on a foundation? How about the fact that the world is such that we may never see raise or lower terrain?

I myself, a defender of the game, can no longer even do that. They took shortcuts, released a game early. A game that started out as an online sims, that was scrapped and quickly turned into single player sims 4, with the hardwired limitations intact. Rather than done that, they should of scrapped that entire canceled project, and built the sims 4 from the ground up and utilized the best of sims 2, and the best of sims 3, and actually programmed and tested patches for quality assurance. The fact that every patch thus far, tried to fix 2 or 3 bugs, but created 4-5 bugs in the process. I like the game, but I also acknowledge there's problems with it. And unless EA/Maxis can step up their game, and create an expansion that can override the limitations, the sims 4 wont ever reach the levels sims 2 set. Unless EA/Maxis start Quality Assuring the game, and stop relying on third party mod creators to fix their game for them, the game will end up mediocre at best. I've already lost quite a bit of respect for the game now myself.

For the sake of everyone like you who truly believed in the game and are now losing hope, they really ought to pull it together... perhaps they will. Don't worry. We can stay together as a community and keep each other company - and at the same time, we can keep honing our commentary and give them a really clear focus on what the community wants to see. It's not as good as having a better polished base game from the start would have been, but it's better than losing faith and dealing with it alone. I really am sorry that you're starting to feel our pain - but I do appreciate that you've taken the time to read and consider things :) hopefully those who have a say in the future direction of the game will do the same!
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    The video speaks so much truth. It's relevant till today as nothing ever improves about the game anyway. You paid for more content? Alright let's take away a few in secret. If something does improve then the video might not be as important as it was. However, this is all we have for now and until then.

As long as there is no sandbox play the video will remain relevant for me.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

I have to say, I have nothing but immense respect for someone who is willing to admit that there may be another side to a view they themselves didn't take. I applaud you for that.
  • Options

Im sorry i didnt set out to upset anyone on purpose i really am sorry. I have jail bars im being punished. Ive never seen jail bars and i did ask them to delete my account im going to make a new one and no not to troll!!! None of you will know who i am and i can start again without all of you hating me!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Thank you. I'm sorry you've seen the issues that bother many the most. But thank you for defending your fellow simmers <3
    @Cinebar I continue fighting to be heard because I think we deserve to be heard and the issues to be addressed. I'm beyond disappointed in EA above all because I believed in the ''player first' and claims which encouraged me to invest and these have all been the exact opposite of my experience. I believe in great customer service and so far that's not what I've experienced. Also because my heart doesn't want me to give up on the sims even if my head says no matter what is said or how respectfully you try to conduct yourself the company refuse to engage.
  • Options
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    I would say if all has been said its time to bury this thread and let go to the topic graveyard
    There's a lot of civil conversations going on in the thread, I see no reason to bury it.
    Im not trying to redeem myself that would make no difference to you all clearly but we have to see each other please at least act adult about it as im not hiding away! Dont like me fine LOL away if it makes you feel special. I say it as is always will and always have.
    You are acting like a toddler coming in a thread you've already tried to derail yet again calling people idiots. If anyone has some growing up to do, it's you.
    Right I see no civil conversation here. It should be buried by now but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 just like to fight in it.
    If you would stop looking at the obvious 1-2 trolls and actually look at the conversation that is going on, you wouldn't be saying that at all unless you simply disagree with the topic at hand and it irritates you in which case simply leave the thread. Very simple.
    Where the past 2 pages have been fighting?

Why does this thread concern you and a few others? You have many areas of the forum to enjoy. The General could really use some happy, productive threads about the TS4. Have you posted any new pictures about your game? Are you not going to share anymore pics and stories for others to read a new Sim story in the TS4? See, there are many areas for you to enjoy the forum. When things get under my skin I go to the Memory Lane and share all kinds of Sims tales about the TS1, TS2 and the TS3. I enjoy talking with people no matter which game. And we have lots of fun in that area, too. If I feel like venting (thank you EA that you do allow people to vent) I go to the Feedback section and gripe, lol. Sometimes people just have to vent then they dust themselves off and get on with it. I don't hate the TS4 but I sure wish it was a different in some areas.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

For the sake of everyone like you who truly believed in the game and are now losing hope, they really ought to pull it together... perhaps they will. Don't worry. We can stay together as a community and keep each other company - and at the same time, we can keep honing our commentary and give them a really clear focus on what the community wants to see. It's not as good as having a better polished base game from the start would have been, but it's better than losing faith and dealing with it alone. I really am sorry that you're starting to feel our pain - but I do appreciate that you've taken the time to read and consider things :) hopefully those who have a say in the future direction of the game will do the same!
    But what happens if you actually like the game. I wasn't expecting the game to be like all the other sims games or I truly wouldn't have bought it. I was wanting a brand new sims game. If they made every sim game the same it wouldn't be fun. I like the new fresh approach of the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top