Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I love when people who wish to silence others resort to rudeness. That of course strengthens your argument...

It's perfectly possible to follow the forum etiquette rules and express yourself without insulting others.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    I love when people who wish to silence others resort to rudeness. That of course strengthens your argument...

It's perfectly possible to follow the forum etiquette rules and express yourself without insulting others.

i don't know... i kind of felt put in my place. of course, that place is a pedestal.
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    [/quote]
    How would TS4 have horse game play that could even be as entertaining as Barbie's Horse Adventure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zKhO6NCchE

[/quote]

Okay that's bad when this game has open world, and the Sims 4 doesn't.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Thank you guys. I totally appreciate the support.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    This guy that narrates the video sounds like a really hateful person. He sounds like he wastes his time and energy hating. I don't agree with what he says. Personally, I find Sims 4 more fun that Sims 3. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of features that Sims 3 had. Still, I think it's a better base game the Sims 3. The game play is more amusing with emotions. Also, I think that the worlds are beautifully done. They are a little smaller than Sims 3, but I think a lot of the games short comings will be rectified with new patchs and game packs.
    As so many have said, "Let the hate die!!"
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    This guy that narrates the video sounds like a really hateful person. He sounds like he wastes his time and energy hating. I don't agree with what he says. Personally, I find Sims 4 more fun that Sims 3. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of features that Sims 3 had. Still, I think it's a better base game the Sims 3. The game play is more amusing with emotions. Also, I think that the worlds are beautifully done. They are a little smaller than Sims 3, but I think a lot of the games short comings will be rectified with new patchs and game packs.<br />

*eyeroll* I swear...

If you really can't handle negative criticisms then I just don't understand why some continue to read this thread. Why come in just to say "Oh you all are haters! TS4 is the best evar! Boo!" and the leave? At least provide us with some constructive criticisms and points and attempt to hold a discussion or debate. There are several people here who enjoy their time in TS4 immensely and who exchange ideas in a respectful and intelligent fashion with those of differing opinion. I stay out of excessively happy threads because I have nothing to contribute, why do you think that what you just stated would be any different than me coming and trolling on one of those threads?

Thanks for your contribution.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    This guy that narrates the video sounds like a really hateful person. He sounds like he wastes his time and energy hating. I don't agree with what he says. Personally, I find Sims 4 more fun that Sims 3. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of features that Sims 3 had. Still, I think it's a better base game the Sims 3. The game play is more amusing with emotions. Also, I think that the worlds are beautifully done. They are a little smaller than Sims 3, but I think a lot of the games short comings will be rectified with new patchs and game packs.<br />

Actually I think it is more disappointment in the game than it is hate - seeing a lot of these simmers in this thread go back all the way to the first series and many are also comparing this base game with all 3 of the ones before. I can understand their disappointment because true simmers do not want to dislike any sims game deep in their soul. For many of us Sims has become a refuge - and for what ever reason many of these people feel it is suddenly not their go to safe place any more.

We look at this game much deeper than just a game. Perhaps that will help you understand why this rendition has become somewhat devastating to many simmers. The sims 4 is just not easy for people who have depended on it for 15 years to suddenly have the "friend" their safe place - in their view - simply destroyed. It is not hate at all.

They need to tell why they are devastated and at least have hope that the ones who make it will fix it and give them back the game they love. It is easy to tell people well just play the old ones then - but everyone also loves new versions too - but to make it so radically different than it was is just very disappointing to many.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Actually I think it is more disappointment in the game than it is hate - seeing a lot of these simmers in this thread go back all the way to the first series and many are also comparing this base game with all 3 of the ones before. I can understand their disappointment because true simmers do not want to dislike any sims game deep in their soul. For many of us Sims has become a refuge - and for what ever reason many of these people feel it is suddenly not their go to safe place any more.

We look at this game much deeper than just a game. Perhaps that will help you understand why this rendition has become somewhat devastating to many simmers. The sims is just not easy for people who have depended on it for 15 years to suddenly have the "friend" their safe place - in their view - simply destroyed. It is not hate at all.

They need to tell why they are devastated and at least have hope that the ones who make it will fix it and give them back the game they love. It is easy to tell people well just play the old ones then - but everyone also loves new versions too - but to make it so radically different than it was is just very disappointing to many.

Thank you @Writin_Reg‌ <3
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2015
    Are people still trying to get this thread closed? Seriously? I may not agree with a lot of the viewpoints, but this conversation has been quite civil so far.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Some people are irrationally threatened by others opinions. Everyone's opinion is just as valid-as long as it's delivered within the rules! :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,358 Member
    Well at least you gave it another try and discovered its not for you.
  • Options

he sounds like a loving, caring person. i bet he feeds the elderly out of his own funds and builds houses for the poor and rescues kittens and puppies from the shelter. i wish he could have my babies, because he's probably all muscle and brains and hotness.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Some people's children.

• Options
    so... do you guys think anybody of importance as ea/maxis is actually aware of this thread? or is there a hopelessly thick, vascularized-adipose layer of sycophants cushioning them against the tide of disgruntled, unwashed masses.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

I think as always it is a difference in perception. That does not equate to hate, it just leads to a different judgement on the situation. To me the guy in the video is speaking out of love and passion for the sims. His disappointment is not so much with the game but what EA has done to it. The only thing I disagree upon is his belief the game should be allowed to die. That is my judgement on the situation.

And my judgement, sadly, on the game's shortcomings, is different from yours. Since the company appear to be very selective about the things they are doing to improve the game it is hard for some of us to see EA ever acknowledging all the issues. That might be seen as an admission of failure.

Assuming that you have played TS3 or TS2, both map views are considerably bigger than TS4. As a builder I know how precious few building lots there are and I also know there are no real venues in the game. Accepting that this might change in the future it is worth remembering that TS3 base game shipped with a hospital, two restaurants, two swimming pools, a police station, a military camp, a science centre etc.

I also think you are very lucky to be able to enjoy the game as is. I am hoping that if EA ever get around to fixing the things I want to see in the game that I might be able to join you. And in my judgement that is love of the sims not hate.

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    I cannot understand why if it upsets people they visit this thread? It's fine if they want to visit here but it's not ok to be mean and call others names however you claim to feel about the game :( it's against the rules and that much should be obvious to anyone anyway, you don't need to be told that!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2015
    And while ignoring the statement calling me and others names, because derailment is the goal I guess, knowing off topic will get this thread closed and they are good at that, I found I still don't like the animations concerning use of the computer. No matter what you tell the TS4 Sim to do on the computer it is the same animation as the one for when they troll the forums. Why is that? That was when I had enough of the game today and turned it off. Because doing research should not be the same animations as laughing aloud etc. as when they troll the forums in the game. Short cuts I guess. And or just use the same animations for everything. Practice programming...laughing, Write...laughing, Research...laughing, Do Reports..laughing, Troll teh forums...laughing... sorry, if I can't see them change course in this game and make it better in the areas people have already spent months telling them about then yes, it should die. I guess those things don't matter on a tablet game because people can't really see that much on an iPhone but I can on a PC and I pay attention to everything, and short cuts grind my gears. :p
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    And while ignoring the statement calling me and others names, because derailment is the goal I guess, knowing off topic will get this thread closed and they are good at that, I found I still don't like the animations concerning use of the computer. No matter what you tell the TS4 Sim to do on the computer it is the same animation as the one for when they troll the forums. Why is that? That was when I had enough of the game today and turned it off. Because doing research should not be the same animations as laughing aloud etc. as when they troll the forums in the game. Short cuts I guess. And or just use the same animations for everything. Practice programming...laughing, Write...laughing, Research...laughing, Do Reports..laughing, Troll teh forums...laughing... sorry, if I can't see them change course in this game and make it better in the areas people have already spent months telling them about then yes, it should die. I guess those things don't matter on a tablet game because people can't really see that much on an iPhone but I can on a PC and I pay attention to everything, and short cuts grind my gears. :p

I was trying to recreate some bugs and my sims went to the bar and their money kept going down at an alarming rate even though they weren't doing anything - the loading screen already burned my eyes and then their money was going poof? That's when I turned mine off.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    This has always bugged me about "new" interactions in 4 @Cinebar‌. Most of the time it is just a choice of text for the same animation. It started creeping into 3 (evil showers anyone?) but seems to have gotten out of hand in 4.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

I was trying to recreate some bugs and my sims went to the bar and their money kept going down at an alarming rate even though they weren't doing anything - the loading screen already burned my eyes and then their money was going poof? That's when I turned mine off.

Yeah, that's a known bartender bug, your Sim keeps asking for a drink but they don't serve it. That started in my game I think in Nov. I loaded it one time in Dec I think to check a patch to see if they listened about careers and aspirations being too linear and scripted and nope, they didn't, so I turned it off that day, too. No one asked for easier, I don't think, what they asked for was choices, Non Scripted Choices. But since time management seems to be important to the gurus in the game like it's a mmo, I have no desire to play it if it's not a life simulator but about the scripted play.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I agree @brainybee‌ in 3 it was sort of silly and sometimes seemed pointless but it never occurred to me to be annoyed with it because I ignored it. There was so much else going on that it didn't bother me... my sims' personalities were in my head as much as in game so evil shower... meh, whatever. But in 4 everything is thrown in your face in such a loud and ostentatious way, and it seems like *everything* is that way. Serious case of being underwhelmed and over stimulated at the same time, it's an odd sensation.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    brainybee wrote: »
    This has always bugged me about "new" interactions in 4 @Cinebar‌. Most of the time it is just a choice of text for the same animation. It started creeping into 3 (evil showers anyone?) but seems to have gotten out of hand in 4.

Yes, I don't know how they missed my big mouth on the TS3 telling them everyday for the last two years what needed improved in the TS3 as you mentioned. From my point of view for me to enjoy it and or the future games more. If I enjoy something more, I spend more money. Kaching. lol And I said then if people couldn't see the direction then they would make a new game just like the one we have now. I was blasted often, lol, but here we are.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top