Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    DeathJohnsonDeathJohnson Posts: 166 Member
    Well I'm glad it didn't become an issue because I was probably bluffing about being able to leave. I haven't really been here all that long but I have grown pretty attached to this place in such a short time.

Moving on to something else. In A Dancing Shadow, I do kind of wonder if she'll get the idea of reading books to get a better idea on things. I'm not sure she even knows what books are though, so that could be a problem with that. I was kind of curious if she would even know how to read, so I skimmed through the story again quickly, she hasn't read any books, but the quote:
    Celiria wrote: »
    She knew their names from the signs but the interiors just confused her.

Makes it sound like at least she understands how to read the language, otherwise she wouldn't be able to read the signs.
    Insaniac Family Blog: http://sims3insaniac.blogspot.ca/
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
    My Twitch Channel: http://bit.ly/13Ccp3y
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Well I'm glad it didn't become an issue because I was probably bluffing about being able to leave. I haven't really been here all that long but I have grown pretty attached to this place in such a short time.

Moving on to something else. In A Dancing Shadow, I do kind of wonder if she'll get the idea of reading books to get a better idea on things. I'm not sure she even knows what books are though, so that could be a problem with that. I was kind of curious if she would even know how to read, so I skimmed through the story again quickly, she hasn't read any books, but the quote:

Makes it sound like at least she understands how to read the language, otherwise she wouldn't be able to read the signs.

Well we have grown attached to you and your sims so we don't want you to go anywhere "hugs" and all is ok with the world. :smile:
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Will work on the next chapter tomorrow
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member

She can read to an extent just because she knows the language for communication purposes but she doesn't know much beyond the basic necessities that were necessary as a reaper.

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @all: Will get to comments tomorrow. Thanks for letting me read your stories.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    All, I played a lot yesterday because my computer actually loaded the game up in like ten minutes, and then worked for a while before freezing. So Autumn had her babies, Daisy had hers, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 picked hers, and I had almost all of them aged into toddlers before the game decided not to work. Fortunately, I had saved after every baby and every birthday so I didn't lose too much game time. Interestingly, teen sims cannot harvest plantsim babies (probably because the game doesn't like teenage mothers!).

@IreneSwift:
    I had a sim who had two sets of twins without the fertility treatment. So, it might happen with Daisy.

Did Ivory come back from her trip to the future with a negative moodlet? My inventor who had those same experiences did.

It did happen with Daisy :) When I last checked her stats, the probability of her having twins was at 50% and triplets at 10%. Guess what she had!!!

I don't know what moodlet Ivory came back with and I can't check now. But I think she enjoyed her trip if the smiley face as she stepped out of the time machine was any indication!

I can never get my houses decorated! The sims all come up with the wish but I can't hang the lights or anything else outside! I think I did it once accidentally but every time I try again, it never works :( Good to see that the money tree is living up to its name :)

I just sent Freya to work at the fire station but because I was busy aging up babies, I missed getting her to do anything apart from performing some maintenance on the fire truck. I think that is one profession that has to be concentrated on :)

Did you get the dress? Or is it just on your wishlist? (My wishlist has so much stuff on it, I don't know if I'll ever get it all! Not to mention, I can't remember everything I put on there!!)

@EatChees: Welcome back! I kind of remember that family but I don't remember the merman being so muscled :)

@Celiria: I like the family tree :) I went to the site that you used and tried to make one for the Summers family. The problem is, though, that Autumn has so many ex-partners that they are all listed off to the left and it's very confusing :)

For the record, I knew you were male :) And then I promptly forget when I read whatever you post because I'm too busy reading the story :) Jay and Zach certainly seem to be enjoying life in their new home; I can't wait to see what they're like when they're teenagers! And it's good to see that Cassidy's writing is going well. Your new story is progressing nicely; it's interesting to read about someone who has no idea how to be a part of the human race even though they have been technically involved with them for hundreds of years.

@TadOlson:
    I have missed on doing updates when I missed playing and didn't have any pictures to upload from an earlier game.It looks like you might need a new computer for the game and it should use Windows 7 and have a dedicated graphics card like mine does even though I use a laptop.

Yeah, I'm rapidly coming to that conclusion, although yesterday it loaded up fine (although it took about ten minutes) and I played for about two hours before it froze on me.

@AiHaou: Love the pictures from the Medieval game!! I love medieval history so something like that would be fun but it's probably a bit more limiting than the Sims 3 because of the lack of expansion packs.

@venusdemilosims:
    Daisy and Thomas are still an adorably married couple and Nessa what are you doing inventing in a swimsuit? Lol sims ..

You should see their toddlers - they are so cute!!! Ivory was the one inventing in a swimsuit and I was going to excuse her on the grounds that she is inappropriate but when I checked, she actually doesn't have that trait yet!! So let's just say that she's nuts :) In the nicest possible way :)

@Colorist40:
    That stinks. I hope your computer cooperates tomorrow
    Surprisingly, it did! Loaded up first time, although it took about ten minutes, and I had a decent amount of game time, which enabled me to get quite a few birthdays done :)

Oh, so that's part of what happened with Ashleigh and Shelby... It seems that Shelby has always been quite delusional then, ie. "I saw him first so it's logical that he should fall in love with me." Really, Shelby? The world doesn't quite work that way.

@Zabeth0: Another intriguing instalment from Nicolae. I don't think I'll be getting Midnight Hollow any time soon though; a bit too creepy for me! I did have a look back at Aurora Skies and it's definitely on my list if my careeracy lasts longer than one generation :)

@LunBeauty: Good start to the reality show :) I don't know that Cadence and Kenna are going to get along but you never know. I'm hoping already that Kenna does well in it because of the four characters, she is the most like me :)

@Puddinroy: Jared is very... green :) It looks like he's having a lot of fun!

I hope I haven't missed anything!! I do read everything but don't always comment on everyone's for various reasons. Anyway, I'm off to see if my game has loaded up and if it has, I'll be able to age up the plantsim babies and then post pics of everyone tomorrow!!
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Interesting fact: there are now 12 toddlers in the Alphabet game town of Twinbrook. Three of them are Autumn's children, eight of them are her grandchildren, and one is Daisy and Easter's half-brother through their father Cosmic :) That's going to make for interesting relationships come young adult and teen time!!
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @AiHaou Nice new beginning to another story. :) A werecat sounds very saucy. ;) I definitely like the creative liberties you took with your sims.

@msbeckycat Nice update. :)

@MayaRose1138 Thanks for the comment. :) I agree that Kenna might seem the most relatable with her personality, and Cadence is most likely the most superficial of the group.
  • Options
    Comments time

Page 391

@DeathJohnson That was nice of Leland to get Sam such a great gift but it still would be better if he was actually there for his daughter.

@EatChees Great pictures

@LunBeauty Interesting start, I have to somewhat agree on being nuts to sign up for something like this. I could never be on a reality show. Dealing with people I potentially don't get along with is annoying enough but to be stuck with them for three months and being filmed... yeah no :p

Good update overall, it will be interesting to see how this develops.

Page 392

@TadOlson nice update

@DeathJohnson Congrats to Sam on getting her date with Mauricio

Nice update

@IreneSwift It really would be nice if Maxis could have maids consistently work.

You will learn to plant grapes? What the hell kind of fortune is that.

Lol usually when I see play and bedroom in the same statement as a couple video games aren't on the agenda (then again maybe I've just been around Kaley and Kamryn/Ashley and Cassidy to long :p

Nice update

Page 393

@DeathJohnson From my general experience learning to drive is not a bonding experience in anyway. Having someone yell in your ear while you nervously grip the wheel terrified that you'll screw up and get yelled at some more is not conducive to a good relationship :p

That was nice of Mauricio to get her favorite song played.

and congrats to them on getting together :)

Page 394

@Colorist40 As always Shelby is a pain in the rear. It's to bad Ashleigh and Ashton's romance is doomed :(

Page 395

@TadOlson nice pictures

@DeathJohnson The scary thing is I have a friend who owns the exact hat and shirt Sam is wearing in the halloween picture :\

Nice to see they at least had some fun throughout the day despite the party being a dud.

Nice update

Page 396

@AiHaou Nice pictures

Oh god that poor book :(
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    @everyone: I'll post my replies later on today and do another update
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    You're having a nice quiet morning, everything's calm... and then BAM.....

ashley-and-cassidy-family-banner.jpg

Your morning just got 1000% more awesome :D

*director's sign drops down* "Has anyone ever told you that you are way to into this?"

Ooooh you know what we need, a theme song.

*director's sign drops down* ".... :neutral_face: .... "

Oh come on, it would cool, all like Bwaaa bwaaa bwaarghh badabadada Bwaa bwaa wargh ba ba ba. *dances around making air guitar motions*

*director's sign drops down* "Okay this is weird even for him, who gave him sugar*

It's the holidays :) I've got cookies :D

*director's sign drops down* "*sigh* lets just get on with it"

When we last left our golden locked couple they enjoyed a mostly quiet day at home. Also Elaine and Reid came to visit and that was fun.

start-the-day-with-a-little-writing-practice.png

Ashley and Cassidy woke up a bit earlier than usual so Ashley decided to get some writing practice done while Cassidy kept her company and offered occasional advice.

sit-ups.png

And as the morning continued the rest of the household awoke as well starting in with their normal routines.

zach-settles-down-to-read.png

After finishing his bath Zach got dressed and settled down in the living room to read for a bit while Cassidy worked on breakfast.

doesnt-get-far.png

Or at least he tried to read, Ashley still determined to get as much mother kid time as she could decided that Zach needed hugs.

omlets-together.png

And as Jay finished getting ready the family sat down to another nice family breakfast together.

hug-for-zach.png

hug-for-jay.png

And Zach and Jay head off to school after getting goodbye hugs from Ashley.

gardening-while-cassidy-works-on-finishing-her-novel.png

After they left Ashley headed out back to get her gardening done for the day while Cassidy continued with her fantasy novel.

really-wants-to-finish.png

Ashley finished up first and was in the mood to spend some time with her loving wife. And before anyone jumps to conclusions she's looking for a date this time, not plan c..... that will probably come later knowing these two :p

promise.png

Sadly Cassidy is almost done with her book and wants to finish it, but she promises that they can spend time together as soon as she is done.

ashley-waits-paitientlyish.png

So Ashley watches some tv and waits patiently.... ish for Cassidy to finish.

A couple hours later Cassidy is finally done and heads to the mailbox to send off her new fantasy novel "The Bane" the story of a girl who awakes to find herself hated by everyone she meets and bearing an odd mark on the side of her face.

ashleys-ready.png

And as Cassidy turns back towards the house she finds Ashley already waiting for her.

not-a-lot-of-time-so-they-go-for-a-walk-together.png

Since finishing took longer than expected and the kids are going to get home soon the two settle for taking a walk around the neighborhood together.

relaxing-on-a-bench.png

They also relax for a bit on a bench just enjoying being together on this beautiful day.

park-trip.png

And they get back just in time to greet Jay and Zach as they get home from school. And since it's Friday and there's no rush to get homework done Ashley and Cassidy decide to take Jay and Zach to the park in Willow Creek.

If anyone's curious I'm simply not as big a fan of the park in Oasis Springs which is why they always go to the Willow Creek one.

space-sea-doesnt-matter.png

Once at the park Jay shows that whether it's deep space or the open sea she's still the captain :p

crows-nest.png

Meanwhile Zach heads up to the crow's nest.

pair-of-jerks.png

Sadly their fun was interrupted by a pair of jerks. I don't know if it was a glitch that they were using the children's play ship but they ended up forcing Jay, Zach and the other kids who were on it off it when they decided to use it :angry:

Where is my delete button

ashley-wont-stand-for-it.png

And Ashley beats me to the punch as she is not about to stand for seeing a pair of grown men bully and disturb the fun of the kids at the playground, especially not her kids. And she gives them a piece of her mind driving them off, as they leave though they mysteriously disappeared from existence.

In my defense they were bullying kids on a playground, they had it coming.

chats-with-giancarlo.png

While this was going on Zach saw that Giancarlo was at the park as well so he went over to chat for a bit.

jay-and-elaine.png

Elaine was there as well so she and Jay played together on the monkey bars.

And then Jay and Zach said goodbye to their respective friends as it was getting late and they needed to head home.

decide-to-get-homework-out-of-the-way.png

Once home Jay and Zach decided to get their homework out of the way before we end up forgetting like we did last weekend :p

spaghetti.png

And they finished just as dinner was ready.

family-storytime.png

Afterwards Cassidy got everyone settled in for family storytime once dishes were cleared.

thats-it.png

And with that the family headed off the bed another day finished.

What will happen next?

What will our wonderful family get up to over the weekend?

Will Ashley ever get started on her comedy book or is this just an excuse to spend more time with Cassidy?

Will my game ever stop giving me jerk sims? (seriously game it's like you keep trying to top yourself :\ )

Find out as we continue with....

ashley-and-cassidy-family-banner.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update, happy simming.
  • Options
    DeathJohnsonDeathJohnson Posts: 166 Member
    Now here with update 21...

---

On Monday, Sam woke up in an uncharacteristically rebellious mood, she didn't really know why. She didn't want to go to school, but she still knew that skipping classes would be a bad decision, so she wanted to find something else to do. Monica was already awake working at the computer, and didn't seem to notice Sam get up and enter the downstairs bathroom. Once Sam was inside, she decided to tamper with the sink as a prank, when she was done, she called Monica over about how the sink wasn't working.

Monica thought it was odd that Sam was calling from the downstairs bathroom, as she had her own bathroom upstairs next to her room that she always used, still, she had no reason to distrust Sam, and went over to check out the sink. Sam just stood quietly behind Monica as she reached to turn on the sink, and got completely drenched by spraying water.

Sims43.png

Sam couldn't help laughing at the result of the prank. Monica was in shock over what her daughter had done, breaking the sink to pull off a prank seemed so unlike her. All the water drenching Monica's clothes and hair put her into a pretty bad mood pretty quickly, and she started yelling at Sam as a result. Sam started to feel bad about what she had done pretty quickly when she saw how wet Monica was, and really regretted once she started yelling at her, it really wasn't something that happened often, and Sam wasn't used to being yelled at, but she just stood in silence listening to everything her mother had to say, until finally she ordered her out of the room so she could get clean and dried off before work.

Once Sam had left the room, Monica felt bad about yelling at her, but really didn't know what had gotten into her to pull something like this. Since Monica was busy getting ready for work she didn't have time to fix the sink, so she called a repairman for it, and decided to re-hire the maid service, deciding to make sure she kept an eye on them and they actually did their job this time. After calling the maid service, it was time for Monica to head off to work.

Sam didn't go to school though, not because she was skipping it as she wanted to, but because of the heavy snow outside, a snow day was called so she didn't have to go to school anyway. This left her a lot of time alone at the house to think about what she had done as she played her guitar, after a couple hours, she decided she should at least do her part to clean up some of the water on the floor that was her fault, before the maid could show up and do it, as she felt bad about it.

Sims45.png

After the cleaning, Sam had several hours before Monica would be home, so she mainly just sat around, watching TV and thinking. Mauricio still hadn't arranged a date for the two of them to go on, and she was getting a bit worried about it. It was his suggestion for the two of them to become a couple, so what was taking him so long to arrange another date? She was wondering if she should call him about it instead, but ultimately decided to be a little more patient before doing that.

When Monica had gotten home, Sam was upstairs in her room, but when she heard the door open, she rushed downstairs to see her mother. Sam immediately jumped into an apology for the prank she had pulled that morning. That was the Sam that Monica had gotten used to when Sam was growing up, and she readily accepted the apology, and offered one of her own, apologizing to Sam over how she had yelled at her that morning. So Monica and Sam had gotten back on friendly terms with each other.

Sims46.png
    Insaniac Family Blog: http://sims3insaniac.blogspot.ca/
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
    My Twitch Channel: http://bit.ly/13Ccp3y
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    Just popping in to say hello. I've thumbs up on some updated stories ^_^ To TadOlson, no my account was not hacked, I do have two accounts. ThistlesAndRoses is always a name I use as back up. Aaeiyn is usually my main. Now, y'all know LOL and yes, I'm having Becky Baker be the "girl that gets around", LOL. I'm still in TS3 phase. I haven't bought nor even interested in TS4. I do want to get back into the project and at least kill my sim self to get passed generation one, my God, will generation one ever end? LOL just saying hello, and I thumbs upped everyone's updates.
  • Options
    For anyone interested in voting there is a poll on the sims 4 forum at the moment regarding the possibility of them removing the like and lol buttons from the forum since people have been abusing them. Just thought I would mention it in case anyone wants to go over and vote for or against the idea.
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited December 2014
    Celiria, thanks for pointing that out, I definitely voted.

As for my story, I realized why I upped and quit. I was re-building my simself's home, since everyone has moved out, except for my simself, simself husband, and their two young teenagers, Ezra and Aria. I remember a bug that wouldn't allow me to build a wall. I guess it's gone now, 'cause it's not blocking my path anymore which is good. That's the main reason I kind of gave up on my story 'cause I couldn't rebuild my home xD Here's the new home!

2rrkqd4.jpg

I don't think I ever introduced you guys to this family I made a LONG time ago. This family is based off of my real life friends! Meet Justin and Cheyanne!

2450lsn.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    33l1fy8.jpg

Somewhere in the dingy hours of morning:

Granny: "Oh, Deedee, you've come for a visit!"

Deedee: "Yes, Granny, are you accepting visitors?"

293j5gy.jpg

Granny: "It never fails to amuse me how every time you come and see me you know I very well might eat you, and you come anyway. As it so happens, I'm more thirsty for tea and talk than hungry for you, at the moment, though you do look delicious, dear."

2mczzbq.jpg

Deedee: "I really need your guidance."

Granny: "Of course you do, dear. More than you think you do, even."

2sbn515.jpg

Deedee: "I've been trying to save Rafael, and I've looked through so many tomes, and I'm getting no where."

Granny: "Ah, the impatience of youth. Everything is so pressing. So important you can't be bothered to explain it properly. So, remember, I have rules. So many rules, and sometimes I even follow them. Once upon a time, I spent a hundred years or so being an insufferable know-it-all and answering all questions before they were asked, but that turned out terribly dull. So, now, even though we both know what you're talking about, you're going to explain to me what you're doing. But you'll be a good girl and wait until we're drinking tea, won't you?"

nyaef6.jpg

Deeedee: "Yes, Granny, I'm sorry."

25svdch.jpg

Granny: "Yes, of course you are."

kch5zc.jpg

Granny: "Don't worry, I won't poison your drink. You really shouldn't drink coffee, it can be very bad for you. Tea is much better."

xmu711.jpg

260si9h.jpg

Granny: "Now, then I'll save you just a little trouble, we all know who Rafael Zolnikov is, and apparently everyone wants him for amusingly different reasons. I'm content to wait until you're all done with him, because no one will be able to use him after I do. So, explain from there."

14a8q6g.jpg

Deedee: "Zelda cast a Koschei's Love spell on him. I've been trying to find anything to break it, but haven't been able to."

2nlzkpk.jpg

Granny: "You didn't find any way? Honestly, why did I bother writing all those notes if no one ever bothers to read them."

28a7xok.jpg

Deedee: "I read them. The only way in the notes that would break the spell would literally destroy his capacity to love, and that's not saving him."

21ovqbr.jpg

Granny: "And if you want to break the spell, that's the only way you can, my dear."

fu1092.jpg

Deedee: "I don't want to break the spell, I want you to break it."

Granny: "You had your three days, dear, now let Zelda have him."

x55z14.jpg

Deedee: She sighed, and reluctantly said. "...actually...Zelda acted early...she was like an hour early."

30w8cqt.jpg

Granny: "Ah, very well, then, as is my custom in these circumstances, I give you permission to kill Zelda."

mvq92b.jpg

Deedee: "I don't want to kill Zelda! I want you to cure Rafael!"

Granny: "I know, Dear, but perhaps you should calm down and have a closer look. Though I suppose you will, sooner than you think... Besides, I looked into the version of future where you ended up together, and you were so miserable, I'm really doing you a favor."

Deedee: "It's not about me, he's not a doll to be put on a shelf until he's useful!"

huit8m.jpg

Granny: She laughed. "Mmmhmm. Okay, dear, why don't you tell me why you're so reluctant to destroy his capacity to love, then? For me, it'd be easy, in fact, he'd be more useful to me without any capacity to love any more. That would leave so much room for other motivations."

i5xili.jpg

Granny: "I rather miss Koschei's ridiculous suffering. Rafael would be a great new Koschei."

Deedee: "So Koschei was real, then?"

Granny: "Yes, he was. And just between you and me, that spell wasn't named for it's developer, but it's most famous victim. Before he was immortal, he was a young prince, and quite the looker."

Deedee: "...You didn't...?"

Granny: "My conscience hasn't been dead quite that long, my dear. I was the poor fool who tried to rescue the handsome prince without knowing the consequences."
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Celiria Thanks for the comment. :) I definitely agree. I would never do something like that. I have trouble getting along with certain kinds of people as it is. I'd be that person who was kicked off the show after the first season because I couldn't get along with anyone, lol.

@Celiria Nice update. :) It seems that this family is always doing something fun. How do you manage to let them have time during the day for them to do so many things? I also think that Ashley just wants to spend more time with Cassidy, which is sweet. :) Also, once the game starts giving you certain kinds of sims, it's not going to stop unless you manually intervene, somehow.

@DeathJohnson Nice update. :)

@Zabeth0 I wonder what they have planned for Rafael. I hope they don't hurt him. :( Nice update! :D
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Update: 12/3/2014
    Chapter 2:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Monday morning both Tammi and Jedediah wake up at the same time and make the bed. Tammi pays the bills while Jedediah tends to the garden. Today is Tammi and Jedediah's first day of work. Tammi and Jedediah are making sure they are ready and psyched up.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Tammi did 2 sing-a-grams today. Tammi also was treading on dangerous ground finding a attractive interest and flirting with him. Jedediah went to his cooking job shortly after. Jedediah's boss wants him to eat out with a group at the coffeehouse so after work Jedediah and Tammi eats out then retires for the night.
  • Options
    @LunBeauty

With Ashley and Cassidy both working from home they generally have plenty of time to do what they want without much trouble. That's the benefit of working on your own schedule.

And I have been intervening, I've been deleting the obnoxious ones :p
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Zabeth0-That is a cat toy for pets because they have Katy and it's her toy.Thanks for the comment.Katy is so cute.Great update!
    Deathjohnson-Great updates!
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.
    AiHaou-Great update!
    msbeckycat-Great updates!
    GBA91101Nver4get-Great written update!
    Puddinroy-Hi there!
    MayaRose1138-I hope you can get a better computer soon and back up your files from the old one and get them transferred to the new computer.Great written update!
    Celiria-Thanks for the comments.Great update!
    Aaeiyn-I had a minor glitch with my account once and it wasn't because it got hacked.Great picture!I'm glad it's not glitching out anymore.
    I'll have my own update ready a little later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's today's update from Oak Leaf where I fixed the issues with public lots and removed parking from them.
    I removed the bike stands at the hospital in build mode from edit town.
    15742456847_898fcc9af4.jpg
    I checked the city hall for parking and removed the bike racks from there.
    15742179439_0b6531698c.jpg
    The tavern had no parking when I checked it.
    15305959234_e466295d48.jpg
    I removed parking from the library and the elixir shop.
    15927556842_d77b30e61b.jpg
    I added some kitchen appliances to the pool upstairs.
    15927560762_e4108e5faa.jpg
    I also added some gambling upstairs for adults and older to enjoy.
    15742471597_9fa3c29669.jpg
    I made some changes to allow tents to fit downstairs.
    15740777138_8395f7ac18.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Monday came, and the work week began again. Kristy had extra time in the mornings now, so she took care of her indoor garden plants after breakfast.

1tendingindoorgardenplants.jpg

Hal got a raise, for the work he had done in investigating the crime scene at the military base on Friday. Later in the day, he got another raise, because his job performance had reached 100%. As he left work, he was given a promotion to level 10, dynamic DNA profiler, thus completing his LTW.

Kristy was called to a gnome invasion before she finished maintaining the fire alarm. It was easy to find the gnomes in the white snow.

2catchingangrygnomes.jpg

Once she returned to the station and got back to the maintenance work, she finished it quickly.

3firealarmmaintenance-1.jpg

When Hal arrived back home, he practised with the training dummy until he reached the next level and earned a new belt, orange this time.

4practisingwithtrainingdummy.jpg

5halearnsanewbelt.jpg

Then he finished his painting and went to the computer to do a forensic analysis.

6halcontinuespaintinghisstilllife.jpg

But right about that time, he began to feel ill.

8halrunsforensicanalysis.jpg

Kristy finished the maintenance just in time to get a call to a large house fire across the river. It was after her working hours before she was finished putting it out and rescuing the trapped sim. After returning the fire engine to the station, she went home.

7kristyfightsalargehousefire.jpg

Hal gave Kristy a welcoming hug when she arrived home, but didn't kiss her. Then he decided to go get a flu shot, which ended his illness immediately.

9gettingaflushotatthehospital.jpg

While he was gone, Kristy collected the money from her investments, using the computer.

10collectinginvestimentincome.jpg

Now that he no longer had any germs to pass along, Hal finally gave Kristy a kiss when he got back home.

11kissinthebathroom.jpg

At dinner, Hal told Kristy about his promotion and raises. They went upstairs to bed right after dinner, as it was getting late.

12chattingoverdinner.jpg

Tuesday morning, Hal wanted to spar with someone, so after he and Kristy had finished their morning workouts, he asked her to spar with him. They went downstairs to the kitchen to do it. Hal was still no match for Kristy. She won, 2-0. But his skill improved with the practise of sparring with a grand master.

13sparringbeforebreakfast.jpg

Hal left for work a bit late as a result, but he's at the top of his career now. A few minutes once in a while isn't going to get him fired or demoted.

14breakfast.jpg

After finishing with maintenance on the fire equipment, Kristy stayed outside to play in the snow.

15makingasnowmanatwork.jpg

She started a snowman, but wasn't able to finish it before getting her first emergency call of the day, to a large house fire. After putting out the fire and rescuing 3 trapped sims, she was promoted to level 8, backdraft specialist.

16largehousefire.jpg

Hal got the mail when he got home. There were two love letters for Kristy, one from Newton Baker, the other from Dudley Racket. Now, Hal is getting really irritated. By now, everybody knows that Kristy is married. These guys were totally out of line writing love letters to his wife!

17halgetsthemail.jpg

Kristy got another call later in the day, to a gnome invasion across the river.

18catchingangrygnomes.jpg

The homeowner, Sinbad Rotter, who is a criminal, seems to be quite a coward, the way he was carrying on over a few angry gnomes on his property!

19panickingatgnomeinvasion.jpg

Kristy finished her snowman and made two more before time to go home.

20makingsnowmenuntiltimetogohome.jpg

When she got home, she and Hal made 3 snowmen together at home.

21makingsnowmenathome.jpg
  • Options
    @DeathJohnson: Yeah, those proms let out just in time for teens to have run home or get in trouble with curfew. :D I guess so they can have the whole Cindarella-Gotta-Run experience. :D Either that or so there is no time to do anything with all those heady lovey feelings. :D (You know, things the game totally allows, like you know, kissing or hand holding or something. :D) Very nice, more Mama&daughter time. :D Too bad the party was so lame, but lol@Monica going out like that to the park! :D Nice they got a picture to remember it. :D Aw, Sam playing princess (probably didn't want to reapply the tiger make up!) :D

Oh dear, she pranked her mom! O.O I'm glad she apologized and her mom accepted it. :D

@AiHaou: Lol@SimHarmony! :D The werecat is talking about a mouse! Lol. :D Wow, that's one dedicated papergirl. :D

@MsBeckycat: Sounds like a good start. :D Nice having them both make dinner, that way if one of them makes something horrifying the other can make sure they eat. :D Also a good idea to make sure they can both cook without burning down the house. :D

Wow, she's busy at a sing a gram, but yeah, don't run around on Jed! :D

GBA: Well, if she can't complete her LTW, at least she's keeping busy and leaving the family something to remember her by. :D Sounds like they are in a bit of a pinch. Did you know that Danica could discuss cooking with natural cooks and sometimes she'll learn a recipe for free. :D

@Maya: Sounds like you're going to have an exciting update tomorrow. :D Score. :D Hey, I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's nice to have the option for a more atmospheric situation. :D Also, I'm amused by the number of things I've been using from it without knowing it was from the world. :D (I had a brief time when I bought it- for the toys, I wanted the drum so my virtuoso kid could play an instrument when she aged up (which hadn't happened by that point)...- that I moved Jake's family to MH- but I had never moved someone to another town before, and didn't realize Jake would lose all his friends and all that, and then my computer crashed and lost that whole game, and I just decided not to do it again. As a side effect of this, I'll probably use some of these worlds more.) But I can understand different worlds will appeal to different people. :D

@Celiria: Lol@"Your morning just got 1000% more awesome" :D Lol- is Zach reading that book with closed eyes?! (Just imagine the force training scene from Star Wars with Ben Kenobi advising Zach to 'see' the words through the force! lol) Yay, Zach's getting his share of hugs too! :D It's good that Ashley understands that her wife is a writer, and needs to strike when the writing is hot. :D They are so cute on the bench together, like their first date, though without all the doubt and the freaking out. :D It's nice the kids are getting a varied playground diet...space ships sometimes and sea ships others. :D Wait, what?! Adult men on the playground bulling kids off? Yeah, that'd not be taken lightly in the real world either. How lucky is that? Both their friends happened to be there...oh, right before they had to go...well, hey, at least they got to see their friends and say hi and bye :D Ah, yes, better to do it and not have to do it just in time for school. :D

@Aaeiyn: Lol- well, you're working on the whole town, so it must feel like the endless generation! Oh, really? Well, building can be very frustrating, so I'm glad it cleared up! :D Wow, is that three garage doors in a row? Wow, that's a huge house! :D

@LunBeauty: Thanks. Well, Deedee has good intentions- but Granny's stated intentions are quite horrible. :D
  • Options
    @TadOlson: Looks like you're bringing Oak Leaf in line with your other towns. :D (Why should they miss out on tents? Now they have them. :D)

@IreneSwift: Brilliant! :D 2 raises, a promotion and completing his LTW! Score. :D Poor guy's probably going to be bored now... nah, he's married to a beautiful celebrity firefighter and there are still burglars trying to get into their mansion at night and paintings to make to keep things interesting. :D Lol@Gnome invasion, they totally should have worn little white parkas. :D Aw, he's getting sick. Lol- sounds like he considered how this sickness was limiting his kisses, so he went to the hospital and had it put out of its misery. :D Yay, they are cute sparring together in the kitchen. :D Wow, look at that Bay Window burn! It's a rather large house fire. :D Fitting to get a promotion off of it. :D She's getting there. :D Lol! Maybe Sinbad stole them? Nice they are out together playing in the snow. :D
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Zabeth: Granny looks mean, great update! nope, I didn't know that you could get recipes for free by talking with other sims. I've only had the base game for 5 yrs now and there's still so much I don't know about it. Thanks for this tip :)

@Tad: Great update, I really like how your building looks

@Irene: Great update, the snowmen were so cute. It's nice that Hal got a promotion and got an orange belt.

An Update: I don't know if I'll be able to post an update tonight or not. My county is under a flood advisory and I might lose power. I'll post an update tomorrow though. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top