Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited November 2014
    Sicowkaksin and Alaina heard that pools are available for them to play in. Sure enough they built a pool in their yard.
    2vhzuhi.jpg

Alaina was always jealous of the cartoon people in the game she often played called Sims Forever [really the sims 1] as they had pools that they could swim in, and they didn't in the world they lived in. Needless to say, she was excited.
    23sejvr.jpg
    4iel1x.jpg

Alaina tried her hand at grilling.
    f4eejm.jpg

It turned out well.
    2dtyctf.jpg

Sicowkaksin eats it with her.
    2639309.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @TadOlson Great update!

@IreneSwift I guess it's hard for sims to find someone to spar with unless they're in China. I haven't seen many sims outside of that litte sub-world who know Martial Arts. Good job on her putting out that little fire too. :)

@Celiria Noooo! Not our verdant haired heroine. :( At least Cassidy is there for Ashley. :(

@ddsims3world Hehe, I love the random speech bubbles, lol.

@Colorist40 Those are some lovely looking sims. :)

@AiHaou I really like your sims so far. :) They're really interesting.

Just a little notice, I am doing quite a bit of spring cleaning with my game, basically cleaning out CC. I found a few corrupt files, unfortunately, which caused my launcher downloader to keep crashing, so I got rid of everything and am now reinstalling stuff a little bit at a time, starting with my store content.

Oh and this is weird, but I converted some stuff from ATS3 to package files and scanned it with Delphy and for some reason everything conflicts with each other. I don't know what's up with that.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    OK, I'm getting the same glitch again, and this time I'm seeing the message that my comment will have to be approved. It isn't very long, and there are no unusual characters, so I don't know what the issue is.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @TadOlson I know. It's happened to me before too. But this time was different. I didn't get that message that says your comments have to be moderated. So I thought everything was OK.

Thank you for your comment on my update.

It looks like Cory and Angel had a very good day.

@Celiria I want my sims to have well-rounded lives, not just work all the time. So, if there isn't time to do both, it's too short for me. How long is the longer lifespan?

Yes, I agree, it would be harder for either Kaley or Kamryn to be left alone.

Do you have a mod to add the mood, or is there a cheat within the game to do it?

@Colorist40 The reason I asked if you like to torture your sims is because you want me to torture Kristy by making her carve pumpkins every fall. That's not nice. If she wishes to do it, I'll probably let her, because it means she's willing to get grossed out for it. But I'm not ever going to make her do it if she doesn't.

@Sc3niX My game is only updated to 1.57. So if it was updates that messed up the firefighter career, they would have had to be earlier ones that that. Someone in the Ambitions forum said that it's especially bad in Isla Paradiso, so I would assume you meant that patch, but what they said sounded like it's only because of houseboats and travel on water to get to fires that it's so bad there. Either way, it doesn't sound like there's a solution for it, not even with mods. But I've figured out my own way of dealing with it, which I mentioned in my latest update.

@Celiria Great update! It's good to see that Traci has helped Ashley to feel better.

You may be right. I don't think Des wants a woman who can beat him up so easily.

Lincoln was only asking Ashley to move in as friends, but he's sent her love letters too, so he might have been hoping for it to develop into something more if he got her to move in with him.

@LunBeauty Kristy still has to spar several times to achieve the skill challenge, and I don't want to send her to China to do it, so putting the equipment in town and having her train someone seemed to be the best way to do it. And the fact that they can do whatever they want while they wait for emergencies made it easy to train Des and spar with him.

Edit: I left out the page numbers, and it posted fine. That is so ridiculous!
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @IreneSwift

Make a post (just a filler post with one word or something) and then copy the text you want into an edit of that post. The approval check glitch only occurs on new posts not edits of posts.

• Options
    @IreneSwift The long life stage I believe is 4 times normal. So 52 days for child, 52 days for teen, 80 days for young adult, and 80 days for adult.

There is a cheat to add buffs though in this case I used the mourning interaction at the gravestone and the reminisce about sad memories to make her sad. I've been told you can use a cheat to change the emotion though I haven't figured out how to do it.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    IreneSwift-Great update!I always sent my sims to get the flu or allergy shots.My sims study skills online.They didn't have work so I sent them to the pool where they went fishing.
    Celiria-Great update!It's great to have somebody to help in dealing with the loss.Thanks for the comment.
    ddsims3world-Hi there!Great picture!
    Colorist40-Great pictures!
    AiHaou-Great update!
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.
    Here's today's update from Glen Harbor in early spring of 1662.
    Cory and Angel Frankovitch were both up very early that morning and it was still dark outside when they were both eating breakfast.
    15705215426_a8b9e5015f.jpg
    They both decided to play social games on the iPads after breakfast because it was too early to tend the garden.
    15543749857_df06cea2c7.jpg
    They bot studied hard all day on the iPads with Cory working on athletic skill and Angel working on fishing until it was time to get ready for work.
    15727010861_de1bc50f48.jpg
    They both started rushing out the door by 2:30 though Angel was using the washroom first and ended up a little late for work because he needed a toilet before he left.
    15543047349_a7e6285548.jpg
    Cory stopped to collect a rock after work while Angel started heading home.
    15543049109_88dc3f5fb3.jpg
    They both arrived at home and Cory started to open the bed and it fell on her and gave her a sore back before they both went to bed at 7PM.
    15109550993_08171deee9.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson Great update!

I have recently found out that my boyfriend has been unfaithful to me. Apparently, he's been seeing a girl for five months. I saw pictures of them on Facebook as well as statuses proving their relationship. Part of me just doesn't care, yet another part of me is so hurt by this. That part of me feels the sting of rejection. The girl is also pregnant and apparently has been long enough to be able to go to the doctor and determine the gender of the baby through ultrasound. I'm feeling so many mixed emotions right now. I'm pretty much thinking to myself "Well, I should have expected this." and another part of me just wants to scream.

In other words, my mind is a jumbled up mess right now. I apologize for venting my storm of emotions here and I promise that this is the last time it'll ever happen...unless it's Sims related, lol.
  • Options
    Comments time

@ddsims3world Lol, great picture :)

@Colorist40 Nice sims, and no worries on the Hulins. Do it as you can and as you feel like doing it no need to rush on my account. The most important thing is that you enjoy doing it and forcing something out often ruins the fun.

@AiHaou that is kind of funny when you think about it that the game the sims play on their computers is more advanced in ways than the one we got :p

Nice pictures

@TadOlson Great update

@LunBeauty Sorry to hear life is rough :( nobody should ever expect something like that. People should have the common courtesy to not cheat. Not wanting to be with someone is one thing and is fair but people should end the relationship first rather than skulking behind someones back. I hope things look up for you soon.

• Options
    *curtain raises* To be or not to be that is not the question, the real question is what will happen today on.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

No this isn't a special Shakespeare episode I was just trying to come up with an intro and that came to mind

*director's sign drops down* "Awww, I was excited. I make a great Mercutio.

You realize he dies right, then again who doesn't in that play.

*director's sign drops down* "O.o Dude SPOILERS"

Really? It's Romeo and Juliet. Most people have read it (or been forced to read it if you went to an American high school). Plus I think after 400 years the spoiler period has solidly ended.

Notice: If we have spoiled Romeo and Juliet for you we apologize but seriously, it's been out for 417 years :p

Yep Romeo and Juliet references, we're classing this show up.... but don't expect it to last long, this is me we're talking about so there's bound to be a woohoo joke or some other low brow humor soon :p

When we last left off Ashley started managing to cope with her parents passing after some kind words and advice from Aunt Traci.

first-harvest.png

And as the next morning starts Ashley is pretty much back to her normal cheerful self :)

Also her harvests are starting to earn some good money. She earned around $160 from this harvest :)

new-computer.png

Which she used to finally get a computer set up in their house. I also got them a better bed.

finish-up-the-routine.png

Ashley wasted no time in using the new computer to start working on her first official comedy routine.

pancakes.png

Meanwhile Cassidy went to the kitchen and started on breakfast.

chatting-over-breakfast.png

Ashley took a break from working on her routine to enjoy pancakes with Cassidy.

Apparently they were really good pancakes too as both of them became flirty over breakfast.

more-plan-c.png

Which lead to more distraction from Ashley working on her routine, though I doubt she was complaining (Plan C for the win :p p.s. I told you the classiness wouldn't last :grin: ). Luckily Cassidy doesn't have work today so she won't have to worry about being late.

finish-up-the-routine.png

After having their fun Cassidy went to take a cold shower while Ashley finished up writing her comedy routine.

cassidy-feels-like-making-cookies.png

Cassidy also baked cookies because she felt like baking cookies. Honestly there is no real reason behind it she just randomly got the whim to bake cookies just out of the blue.

jog.png

Ashley finally completed her routine so she and Cassidy went for a jog.

visit-the-club-in-willow-creek.png

They went over to Willow Creek so that Ashley could try out her new routine at the local club.

kiara-again.png

As they entered they ran into Kiara Abernathy. For those who don't remember she was the girl at the park who Ashley tried to be friends with and instead Kiara made fun of her face.

Well now she gets to see what she missed out on. If she'd been nice who knows how differently things could have gone. But it doesn't matter. Ashley has Cassidy and that's perfectly fine with her :)

trying-her-new-routine.png

Ashley went up to the mic and tried out her new routine. And finally her comedy pays off (quite literally) as she earns $75 for the performance.

I can already see this being a very lucrative career choice but I'm going to play fair and limit how much she can do per day. I will allow her to do three routines per day and she's not allowed to repeat routines during a single set. Since she only has the one routine at the moment she is done for the day, but hey $75 isn't to shabby for a first real performance.

tickling-and-congratulation.png

After Ashley finishes the couple head out back to a bench and Cassidy cheerfully congratulates Ashley on her first pay check as a comedian.

happy-for-ashley.png

Cassidy always knew Ashley would do well :)

lillies-and-roses.png

The two decide to go for a walk by the lake for the remainder of their afternoon in Willow Creek. Ashley spotted some lilies as they were going by and picked them for her garden, she also found some roses as well.

happy-afternoon-together.png

But Ashley keeps her focus on the most beautiful flower standing right in front of her.

nobodies-around.png

And nobodies around so they have the privacy for some kissing down by the lake side as the finish up their afternoon in Willow Creek.

new-plants.png

When they arrive home Ashley heads to her garden to plant her new flowers.

chess-match.png

After which the two enjoy a relaxing game of chess.

ashley-finally-wins-one.png

And Ashley's practice yesterday bears fruit as she finally wins a game against Cassidy.

cassidy-starts-on-dinner.png

As it starts to get late Cassidy fixes dinner.

ashley-works-on-a-new-routine1.png

Meanwhile Ashley starts working on another comedy routine.

dinner-together.png

The couple enjoy their dinner together before Cassidy heads off to bed.

ashley-stays-up-late-working.png

Ashley stays up late though finishing her routine. She told Cassidy they would definitely have a family together some day and the sooner they get the money to get everything set up the sooner she can make Cassidy's wish come true :)

And that's it for this episode.

Will the two be able to expand their family soon?

Will Ashley's comedy career take off?

Will the American high school system ever stop shoving Shakespeare down students throats? (seriously I get he's good but nothing is fun when your being forced to read it :\ )

Find out next time (except for that American high school bit, that likely won't come up :p ) on.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the episode. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    Just a couple things.

1. I just realized I forgot to resize the first picture of my update. It's not a huge deal so I'm not that worried about fixing it but if it causes issues for anyone let me know and I will go back and resize it.

2. This is the last episode before I switched to the new age spans. I ended up just deleting the non-important families rather than changing worlds so all the familiar faces should be there.

Specifically if anybody is curious the families that stayed were:

Kiara Abernathy

Zuri Costello

Mitchell Temple (these are the three kids Ashley met at the park when she was a child, I'm not sure if I ever showed Mitchell but I kept him just in case)

The Hutchinsons (Cassidy's family)

Traci Jaramillo (Ashley's aunt)

The Kelly family (the family of the guy Ashley and Cassidy chatted with)

The Bryan family (The family of the woman that Ashley chatted with during one of her jogs)

The Hawk family (the jerk who hit on Kaley and Kamryn, he's kept to himself since then so he gets to remain for now)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @everybody I asked on the general forum, but I'll ask here too: is there any way to completely reset the sims 2 worlds back to their original state?

Page 358

@Celiria Wow, that's a really long lifespan. I don't blame you for not wanting to use that one. It seems they went from one extreme to the other.

@TadOlson Are they actually able to work on athletic skill with the iPad? That is so unrealistic!

Ouch at the bed falling on Cory. You have retuner set to prevent anybody from being killed by it, right?

@LunBeauty I'm so sorry for the terrible pain you are going through right now. You are better off without a guy like him, for sure, but that doesn't make it any easier, I'm sure. I'm praying for you.

@Celiria It sounds like things are really looking up for the girls, financially, with the garden now producing marketable produce, and now the computer so Ashley can finally make some progress in her comedy, and make some money at it. Hopefully, it won't be long before they can start adding to their family.

I'm wondering, after reading your updates, can Sims 4 sims eat cookies or other dessert after their regular meal without getting a stuffed moodlet, or whatever the equivalent might be? I don't like that moodlet one bit in Sims 3. If they get a phone call in the middle of their meal, then finish their food, they get a stuffed moodlet, even though they didn't eat any more than usual. And if they wish to eat spaghetti and ice cream during pregnancy, they have to eat all of both of them, and they get stuffed then too.

Congratulations to Ashley for her first earnings as a comedian. Congratulations also for her first win at chess.

Page 359

@Celiria Did you mean you didn't crop the first picture? The forum itself resizes pictures to make them fit the page, so I don't think it should be an issue, only that it's wider in proportion to the height than most of them.
  • Options
    Thursday morning, after Kristy finished maintenance on the fire engine and alarm, she sat down to continue studying the ambrosia recipe. While she was studying her recipe, Des Eyre, Kristy's only coworker, quit the job and left, to go to work as an aspiring mime.

1learningambrosiarecipeatwork.jpg

The alarm went off, and once again, it quit before Kristy could get to the truck. After that interruption, Kristy spent the rest of her work day painting, and finished the painting for the diner. So, after work, she delivered it.

2deliveringpaintingtothediner.jpg

Since the fire issue is a known glitch, rather than the way the game is supposed to work, I used MC to promote Kristy to level 3 in the career, where she would be if she had been able to respond to the 4 fires that had dropped up to that point.

Friday, Kristy was called to another small house fire, which she successfully put out.

4smalloutdoorhousefire.jpg

The entire family was in a panic over the fire. Even the paper girl started to freak out when she delivered the paper.

5panickedhomeowner.jpg

Back at the station, Kristy spent the rest of her shift sketching outside.

6sketchingoutdoorsatwork.jpg

Saturday morning, when Kristy went out to get the newspaper, she got the surprise of her life. She had finally stayed put long enough for Hal to find her. She saw that his former bravado was gone, replaced by a quiet maturity she had never seen in him before. There was a sadness in his eyes, like the sadness she often saw in her own eyes, when she looked at herself in the mirror. She had never stopped loving Hal. She had tried to forget him with other men, but she couldn't, and she had finally lost all desire to try again. So, she invited him inside, to hear what he had to say to her.

7halfinallyfindskristy.jpg

Hal told Kristy everything. He told her that he had not realized how much he loved her until she was gone, and that he had finally understood that he had unconsciously sabotaged their relationship, because he was afraid of getting too close to any woman for fear they would reject him if they got to know him too well. He described how he had followed her around the world, always arriving too late in each of the places where she had lived. He had lost his job from taking too much time off for travel, and he had sold everything he had to finance his search. He came to her with nothing left but himself, a cheap camera, his high school diploma, and the few items of clothing he carried with him.

8halandkristytalk.jpg

Hal asked nothing of Kristy but forgiveness. He didn't feel worthy of even her friendship. If she wanted nothing more to do with him, he would go back home and never trouble her again. If he had come to Kristy in Riverview with his apology, she would have made him prove himself before she accepted him back, but the tenacity of his search for her, in the face of repeated disappointment and discouragement was proof enough to satisfy her that he really had changed his ways. She asked him to stay. She told him how much she had missed him, and that she still loved him. With this encouragement, Hal asked Kristy to marry him, and she accepted.

9halproposes.jpg

10sealedwithakiss.jpg

Afterward, Hal & Kristy went to the spring festival. They decided to try the Love Inspector first. It said, “Uncontrollable – Love Inspector feels terrible for taking your money to observe something so beautiful – Love Inspector should be paying you!”

11loveinspector.jpg

After that, they kissed out of sheer joy at being together again.

12kissingatfestival.jpg

Then, Kristy serenaded Hal with her guitar.

13kristyserenadeshal.jpg

Unfortunately, with Kristy being a celebrity, it seemed other people weren't willing to mind their own business. So they got a picture together in the photo booth, and left for a more secluded place.

14interruption.jpg

The Riverwalk Park is still in the downtown area, and it has a great view of the river. But for some reason, hardly anyone ever goes there. So Kristy and Hal had the place to themselves. They had decided on a private wedding, but they also decided to dress up for it. They exchanged rings....

15privatewedding.jpg

...made their vows to each other...

16privatewedding2.jpg

...and sealed it with a kiss.

17firstkissashusbandandwife.jpg

They had only one photo of their wedding. But it was enough. They would never forget this day.

18weddingphoto.jpg

Now that they were husband and wife, they headed straight home to bed. It wasn't night, and they weren't sleepy, but they had a lot of lost years to make up for.

19makingupforlosttime.jpg

Eventually, they went downstairs to eat dinner. Hal wanted to learn to cook, so while Kristy made cheesesteak, Hal's favorite meal, he made some country bread in the stone oven.

20cookingtogether.jpg

After their first meal as husband and wife, Kristy fed Charlie. Hal had to use the bathroom, then he got frisky with Kristy.

21halgetsfrisky.jpg

It seems that even in their own home, they weren't safe from intruders. His rudeness cost this gnome his freedom.

22intruder.jpg

Later, they took a break to go outside and play a round of horseshoes, before they went back to bed for the night.

23playinghorseshoes.jpg

While they were at the festival, Kristy got a couple more photos for the collections. A photo of Hal gave her “my main squeeze,” and the protest going on at city hall gave her the “political demonstration” photo. In the process, Kristy completed the Human Form skill challenge. She has only one photography skill challenge to finish, Paparazzi, for taking photos of sims she doesn't know.
  • Options
    @Celiria I'll be fine. It's just that sense of rejection. It's basically him saying "You're not good enough for me, so I'm going to go for someone else." I've wasted too many tears over other guys in my past and I definitely don't want to waste any on him.

Very nice update! :D Ashley and Cassidy are about as adorable as Kamryn and Kayley were. :) Although, I think the next heir/heiress should be given purple hair!

@IreneSwift Thank you very much. Like I said above, I'll be okay. It does hurt just a bit though.

Aww, Hal and Kristy! They're so sweet. :) Isn't Hal the guy from her past who did something that really hurt her? I can't remember.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift Yeah, it feels like there should be one half way between normal and long.

I honestly don't know on the cookies, I've never tried. I remember back when Ashley was a kid they had cookies and then had dinner a bit later but I didn't check their hunger from one to the other. I'll try to remember to check next time I play.

I always shrink the pictures myself just out of habit and at least on my screen you can see the size difference because the forums re-size is bigger than what I usually re-size them to. For the most part I don't think it will be a big deal which is why I'm not that worried about fixing it but you can never tell with different computers whether it might cause some weird issue so I figured I would mention.

@LunBeauty sorry but no purple hair. Since sims 4 uses pre-sets there is no purple hair color currently in game and I've never seen any hair color cc that I liked enough to mess with the current options. I may have her wear purple though since you asked, I need to get away from blue, green, and red anyway :)
  • Options
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.I hate when others sneak around behind your back to cheat instead of just being honest and telling you they might want to end things.
    Celiria-Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    IreneSwift-I use a study skill online Mod and I changed the settings in Retuner so the murphy beds can still cause a sore back and bad mood when they fall on a sim though they can't kill anymore.Great update!It's great that your sim got married and might be able to start a family.
    I'll have my update ready a little later.
  • Options
    I've got a special update before my regular one about some fixes I made in my game.I took the time to check a few of the castes and catagories in story progression I neglected to check and found it gated to manage inventories as true which might've been causing some very annoying glitches with inventories.I've also got some more NRaas Mod files and there are 68 files in the Mods folder from NRaas.
    Rudy Wagner and Lacey Walker were both up a bit late that morning and tried to get their homework done before heading to school and had to finish it at school instead.
    15552625017_10d4941fdc.jpg
    They both ended up having to walk to school and ended up late because of that.The day went by very quickly while they were in school.
    15118419513_3287db7c27.jpg
    They both stayed after to do their homework and ate dinner before heading for home.
    15551932569_23e4a89c05.jpg
    They got the garden tended to and got bills paid before rushing to get to bed by 8:30 in the evening.
    15552987280_21e11becfe.jpg
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were also getting to bed by 9PM when I used NRaas Sector to check on them and they became active.
    15552366358_f26bb21e18.jpg
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Leticia teachers her younger sister Mariana to walk.
    513sc0.jpg

Araceli pays for evening school.
    1j0xtk.jpg

Hunter also pays for evening school.
    2qjg3kx.jpg

Zach[ary] plays with his toys.
    34ipnac.jpg

Araceli goes to her first fire.
    2ltimvc.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Join us for more....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple they enjoyed an afternoon in Willow Creek after Ashley finally earned her first paycheck as a stand up comedian.

cassidy-making-breakfast.png

Cassidy starts the day off by fixing breakfast.

couples-breakfast-together.png

Ashley wakes up a bit later since she was up late the night before working on the computer. But she is up in time to enjoy a nice chat with Cassidy over breakfast.

play-guitar-for-a-little-bit.png

After their meal Cassidy gets dressed and plays her guitar for a bit.

trees-coming-in-nicely.png

Meanwhile Ashley heads out back to work on her garden. Her apple and cherry trees are growing in quite nicely.

have-a-good-day-at-work1.png

And she finishes her gardening just in time to give her wife a kiss goodbye before Cassidy heads off to work.

try-out-her-new-comedy-routines.png

After Cassidy leaves Ashley gets out of the house as well to go and try out her comedy routines at the lounge in Oasis Springs.

someone-other-than-cassidy.png

She's clearly getting better as someone that isn't Cassidy watches her performance for a change. The $150 she earns doesn't hurt her opinion of her comedy skill either :p

fine-tune-her-routines.png

After getting her paycheck she returns home and works on refining her routines.

really-happy-with-what-shes-got.png

At least she finds the refinements funny. Hey as they say if you can't make yourself laugh why would you expect others to.

After finishing her work for the day she chats with Traci for a bit. She knows her aunt won't be around too much longer so she wants to keep in touch while she can.

welcome-home.png

Speaking of in touch :p

Cassidy is greeted by Ashley as she returns from work.

Cassidy had a tough day at work and asks Ashley for a backrub.

thats-not-a-backrub.png

Uh Ashley, that's not a backrub.

Oh who cares, it's not like Cassidy's complaining :p

quck-meal-and-off-to-bed.png

The two finally separate and have a quick meal before heading to bed.

And that's it for this episode. What will happen next?

Will the public find Ashley's refinements to her routines as funny as she does?

What will Cassidy do as she heads into her days off? (she really seems to have a lot of those)

Will Ashley learn the actual meaning of a backrub? (will Cassidy even bother to correct her :p )

Find out on the next episode of.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and as always, Happy Simming :)
  • Options
    @TadOlson I agree. It's one of the worst things anyone can do in a relationship.
    Great update! :D

@AiHaou So cute! I love when bigger siblings teach their younger siblings skills. :) Plus it frees up the parents so they can do whatever else they need to do.

@Celiria It looks like Ashley is getting a little better in the comedy skill. $150 isn't so bad. I'm sure she'll earn a lot more soon enough. :) I notice that with some jobs, your sims have a lot of days off. I'm sure Cassidy can do things around town to earn money. Maybe she can scavenge for collectibles and sell them. :)
  • Options
    Comments time

@IreneSwift He left being a firefighter.... to work as a mime. That has to be the biggest career drop I've ever heard of (admittedly I'm biased, I detest mimes)

I have to say the firefighter career is great for skilling since there seems to be a lot of downtime.

You really have to give Hal props. Not many guys would travel around the world after a girl. It really does show how much he cares.

Honestly even for a private wedding they could have found somewhere better than a downtown sidewalk, but hey to each their own. They are finally married and that's what counts in the end.

Nice update :)

@TadOlson Nice pictures

@AiHaou nice pictures

@LunBeauty Honestly I'm fine with their current income. Cassidy's salary will pick up over time, comedy is looking like it will make a ton as she gets better and can write new routines, and Ashley has her garden which is most days makes just as much as her comedy is. So I don't think money will be to big a worry. So Cassidy just gets to enjoy her days off spending them with Ashley :)
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Cory and Angel Frankovitch were both up early though they'd cut sleep short to get up early enough so they could get something done before having to get ready as if they had work and go out to a community lot.They played social games on the iPads and Angel learned guitar skill on his iPad while Cory learned fishing.
    15730442042_92cc4a4d86.jpg
    15726968551_c9843eb7a1.jpg
    Cory also improved gardening with tending the garden and they were both studying for most of the morning until they had to stop to have showers and eat.
    15543005519_6520738cf0.jpg
    15705183706_f115c95124.jpg
    Angel went to the pool to go fishing while Cory went to Garden Market to use their washroom and collected rocks before she ended up fishing at the pool.They both made decent catches and eventually had to get ready to go home.
    15728916385_73928e2006.jpg
    15544066250_06ebcab7a7.jpg
    They both stopped to use the toilets and eat before going home and getting to bed with a full moon.
    15544069010_0fffecc176.jpg
    15727003811_2ef66c79ea.jpg

Ahhh the I have to get up early to get things done kind of day. I hate those, although it seems they accomplished their purposes. Why was Cory collecting rocks? Were they valuable and she was going to sell them?

I am glad that they for a change caught a decent amount of fish. They should be able to eat well, or if not at least sell them for cash.

Great update.

• Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Since Kristy has mastered martial arts, and she has no one to spar with, she doesn't practise much any more. But when she wishes to, I let her do it.

1simfupractise.jpg

Since she's started going to the dance studio, she gets in lots of strength training there. So, to balance her workouts, she mostly only runs on the treadmill at home or work.

2treadmill.jpg

Sunday morning, she made country bread for breakfast, but in spite of her high cooking skill, she burned it. So she made cheesy bread instead.

3cheesybread.jpg

Kristy went to the dance studio Sunday afternoon. She reached level 2 in dance skill as she practised.

4atthedancestudio.jpg

That evening, as she played her guitar, she finally mastered the skill. Since she had purchased and learned all of the extra music as she improved her skill, she also achieved the Master Guitarist skill challenge, for learning all available music.

5masteringguitar.jpg

I placed martial arts equpiment in the fire station, so Monday morning, Kristy started training Des.

6trainingdesinsimfu.jpg

She got called to a small house fire in a garage.

7garagefire.jpg

Des had continued to practise while Kristy was on the call, and had learned the skill. When Kristy got back, she sparred with him. Of course, she won, 2-0.

8sparringwithdes.jpg

Kristy had her old laptop with her, so she collected the money from her investments while she was at work.

9checkingonrealestateatwork.jpg

Kristy finally received a promotion to level 2 in the firefighter career. Since it was spring, Kristy was having allergy problems, even though she hadn't picked any flowers. So, she went to the hospital that evening for an allergy shot.

10allergyshot.jpg

By Tuesday morning, Kristy's money trees had all reached perfect quality and dropped seeds, though she didn't have time to harvest or pick up the seeds until after work.

10bmoneytreeseeds.jpg

Kristy had purchased the last 2 available recipes, baked angel food cake and ambrosia, so after she finished her maintenance work on Tuesday morning, she started learning the baked angel food cake recipe.

11learningrecipeatwork.jpg

Kristy wanted to master painting, so Tuesday evening, she sketched until bedtime.

12sketching-1.jpg

As always, the first thing Kristy did at work Wednesday morning was maintenance on the fire engine and alarm. At least now she has nice weather for the outdoor job.

13maintainingfirealarem.jpg

She started learning the ambrosia recipe afterward.

14learningrecipe.jpg

Some people dropped by to visit at the fire station. Kristy introduced herself to Amy Bull. They became friends as they continued to chat.

15visitors.jpg

Kristy told her friend, Lincoln Baker, a funny story, then out of the blue, he asked her to move in with him! Needless to say, she turned him down. There is no romantic relationship between them, and Kristy doesn't need a housemate.

15blincolnbaker.jpg

Then, while Kristy was in the restroom, Lincoln gave Amy Bull a heat of the moment kiss, which did not go over well at all!

16inappropriate.jpg

While this drama was transpiring, the alarm went off, and Kristy went to put out another small garage fire. The homeowner, Max Racket, promised never to play with fire again, if she would put it out for him.

17anothergaragefire.jpg

Back at the station, Kristy worked on a painting she had started the previous day, which had been commissioned by the diner. Lincoln was still there, and played his portable keyboard nearby, as she painted.

18painting.jpg

Wow there is no one in twin brook who knows sim fu? She should open up an academy and teach for money. Not like she needs the money though lol.

Well into every good cooks life a little whoops must fall. I love homemade bread, but in spite of my trying to give up bread and have done better I still struggle with keeping away from muffins and buns. Well who wants hamburgers or hotdogs without a bun? lol

That move the lady is doing in front of Kristy I always find funny, but know it is a classic ballet move.

I think that is great Kristy can play an instrument and master it. I was never good at it. I cannot for the life of me read notes lol. I never took an instrument per se, but in seventh grade we all had to take a short course on piano and I hated it. It was hard for me. I used to have a friend who could play piano, guitar, violin and sing. I envied her.

That statue seems to be listening to Kristy lol.

Hey glad you took my idea in starting to train others. I know I just wrote it now and you already had done it, but hey great minds think alike ha ha ha.

Youch let me suffer no way would I go for an allergy shot lol.

I can see that Kristy is excelling in everything she does. Can't say the same for myself ha ha ha. That is why sims are so fun we can live our lives through them vicariously lol.

I would like to be a firefighter and save lives, but the reality is I never ever could do it. Even in game as the career for me glitches I can't play it. I think someone is depriving me lol.

Oh well. I had to smile as it looks like those people who stopped by wanted to thank their heroes. It seems Kristy has fans who appreciate her life saving job.

Whoa that man Lincoln is a fast mover lol. I know it wasn't for romantic purposes, but why would he ask her? I assume he needs money or help with rent lol.

Then again maybe it was for romantic purposes after all he out of the blue kissed Amy. I am glad he didn't do that to Kristy as she would have dropped him. I know she is good and doesn't like violence, but in a case like that I think she would do that.

I don't think having laundry facilities in the garage is smart Max. I never would have thought it would have been, but I guess the game proved me wrong lol.

Nice painting Kristy can't wait to see it finished.

Really nice update.
  • Options
    Celiria wrote: »
    And now we continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple.... Kaley and Kamryn passed away :(

juice.png

And as the new day starts Ashley is still struggling to cope with parents deaths. She wakes up early and tries to calm down a little with a glass of orange juice but it doesn't do much.

So she decides to just try and work on her garden for a bit....

water-with-tears.png

....but that doesn't go well either as she ends up just crying some more (this is an actual interaction in the game called "water plants with tears" O.o It's a nice touch but a bit depressing :( )

comforting-from-cassidy.png

Cassidy waking and hearing the sobbing from the backyard goes outside to try and comfort Ashley.

cassidy-helps-out.png

And she stays and helps Ashley finish her gardening for the day.

cassidy-makes-breakfast1.png

Afterwards Cassidy heads in and fixes breakfast

silent-meal.png

Though Ashley's mood is still low so the meal just goes by in silence.

kiss-on-the-cheek-before-work.png

Cassidy wants to stay with Ashley but she has to go to work, and since she left early yesterday not showing up today probably wouldn't reflect well. So she just gives Ashley a kiss on the cheek and tries to comfort her a little more before heading off to work, still wishing that she could do more to help Ashley through this.

sad-jogging.png

Ashley decides to get out and go for a jog but even being outside on a beautiful day isn't making her feel any better.

in-front-of-tracis-house.png

And eventually she finds herself in front of Traci's house. While she hadn't planned to go there she figures it might help to talk to her aunt, after all Kamryn was Traci's sister so this must be hitting her hard as well.

ask-for-advice-from-aunt-traci.png

To her surprise though Ashley finds Traci in a decent mood. Confused about this she asks advice from her Aunt about handling her parents deaths, and how Traci isn't a wreck like she is.

her-sister-was-happy.png

Traci moves to sit next to the distraught young girl and answers simply that she's not upset because she knows Kamryn was happy. She misses her sister of course just like anyone would miss a loved one who dies but she knows that Kamryn had no regrets. Kamryn and Kaley were happy. They were happy to have each other, they were happy to have gotten to raise Ashley as their child, they were happy to see Ashley get married, and they were happy just to get to live the lives they had lived. While death is sad Traci knows that Kamryn went with no regrets having enjoyed every minute of the life she'd had.

hug-from-traci.png

The older woman stands and pulls her niece into a hug. Death happens, and it hurts. But it doesn't help to fall apart over it and that isn't what Kamryn would have wanted for Ashley. She would want Ashley to remember the happy times and continue on to have more happy times in her own life with Cassidy. Remember the joy of Kaley and Kamryn's lives not sorrow at their loss. It's okay to feel sad, but don't let that ruin the joy you can feel in your own life.

happy-not-great-but-happy.png

By the time Ashley leaves Traci's house she's feeling better. Still not great but she's at least feeling like she can move on.

cherries.png

As she heads home she sees a cherry tree growing behind the playground and decides to pick some cherries for her garden.

planting-the-new-tree.png

And she plants it next to her apple tree at home.

practice-chess.png

After that she practices chess for a bit so maybe she might be able to beat Cassidy some day.

attempts-dinner.png

As it starts to get late she decides to make dinner for when Cassidy gets home as an apology for the worry Ashley has caused her (though knowing Ashley's cooking it may cause more worry :\ )

pulls-into-a-full-kiss.png

As Cassidy arrives home expecting to find Ashley still mourning her parents she is surprised as she is grabbed and pulled into a deep kiss.

ashleys-dinner-not-as-good.png

Sadly the dinner Ashley made doesn't turn out nearly as well

cassidy-is-just-happy-ashleys-feeling-better.png

But Cassidy doesn't care, she's just happy to have the cheerful girl she married back and to know that Ashley is feeling better :)

cassidy-pulls-ashley-off-to-bed.png

And Ashley is certainly back to her normal self as she whispers naughtily in Cassidy's ear before guiding her off to the bedroom for some plan C.

and with that this day in the lives of Ashley and Cassidy comes to a close. What will happen next?

Will Ashley's comedy career finally take off?

Will Ashley ever learn to cook? (I really think we just need to stick with Cassidy's cooking honestly)?

Will plan C become a new running gag? (Yes)

Find out on.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the episode. Happy simming :)

Awww so sad. I think it is stupid that you had to make her sad, because she didn't get the sad thing from not being around when her parents died, but at least you were able to get her sad to make it more realistic.

It was sad to see her crying over her gardening. I haven't ever seen that interaction, but to be fair I don't play sims 4 that much and I don't usually spend my sims time gardening. Do you get that option just by gardening or does your sim have to be in a certain mood?

Poor Cassidy. I know she wants to comfort Ashley, but you really can't do much in a situation like that. The best thing is to just let her know you care and give her space.

Ahhh good she decided to go to visit Traci, well at least after she arrived there. Somehow I think her subconscious brought her there. It is a good thing she went as a person who is related to the deceased can help and bring some understanding and comfort. I have a pen pal whose husband died recently and of course not being able to relate totally as I have never lost a spouse due to death. I asked her some things in a letter to help me understand what she was going through better and she didn't answer my questions in her letter so I decided to send her a book written by a woman who had gone through it. She said it really is helping her. You can kind of understand how a person feels, but unless you actually go through it, you can't totally understand.

Traci is a wise woman. Although hearing things like that at first may help, you will still grieve a lot.

I am glad it helped her though. It is nice that she realizes that life has to go on though.

She is young and will bounce back. The fact they were able to go with plan c shows that.

Good update.

• Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @TadOlson I know. It's happened to me before too. But this time was different. I didn't get that message that says your comments have to be moderated. So I thought everything was OK.

Thank you for your comment on my update.

It looks like Cory and Angel had a very good day.

@Celiria I want my sims to have well-rounded lives, not just work all the time. So, if there isn't time to do both, it's too short for me. How long is the longer lifespan?

Yes, I agree, it would be harder for either Kaley or Kamryn to be left alone.

Do you have a mod to add the mood, or is there a cheat within the game to do it?

@Colorist40 The reason I asked if you like to torture your sims is because you want me to torture Kristy by making her carve pumpkins every fall. That's not nice. If she wishes to do it, I'll probably let her, because it means she's willing to get grossed out for it. But I'm not ever going to make her do it if she doesn't.

@Sc3niX My game is only updated to 1.57. So if it was updates that messed up the firefighter career, they would have had to be earlier ones that that. Someone in the Ambitions forum said that it's especially bad in Isla Paradiso, so I would assume you meant that patch, but what they said sounded like it's only because of houseboats and travel on water to get to fires that it's so bad there. Either way, it doesn't sound like there's a solution for it, not even with mods. But I've figured out my own way of dealing with it, which I mentioned in my latest update.

@Celiria Great update! It's good to see that Traci has helped Ashley to feel better.

You may be right. I don't think Des wants a woman who can beat him up so easily.

Lincoln was only asking Ashley to move in as friends, but he's sent her love letters too, so he might have been hoping for it to develop into something more if he got her to move in with him.

@LunBeauty Kristy still has to spar several times to achieve the skill challenge, and I don't want to send her to China to do it, so putting the equipment in town and having her train someone seemed to be the best way to do it. And the fact that they can do whatever they want while they wait for emergencies made it easy to train Des and spar with him.

Edit: I left out the page numbers, and it posted fine. That is so ridiculous!

Well I don't like the squishy pumpkin guts either, but I do it or have done it, because pumpkin carving was fun lol. Besides if all she has to be "tortured" with is a little squishy pumpkin guts she should count herself good lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top