Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    Well i have to admit that i won't be able to get my entries up anymore :( this contest got the better of me ivanna. There is way too much left that has to be done still and i completely forgot to implement the fireplace in the living room, so now i have to tear the building down and restart if i don't want the chimney to go right trough the nursery or the bed in the master bedroom... i had fun with this challenge nonetheless though and definately plan on exploring the future further with my placeholder sim.

Other then that i just want to tell all of you that the entries posted are amazing, i love all of them! There's so many styles, new shapes in building, the cutest couples and great colour combinations going on. Great job from all of you!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited September 2014
    Lucas and Jenny are very nice! @ciane :) Very nice outfits that they are wearing. Nice colours and textures that you have used for them.The photos that you are in their slideshow are very nice! The photo of them holding hands looks so very special!
  • Options
    I am sorry that you won't be able to get your entries @Tigerkitty. I am glad though that you had fun building in the future world. Thankyou for sharing all the very great inspiration photos with us! :)
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    If this house doesn't have some of the worst landscaping I've ever done, it's not for lack of trying. LOL! I got it nice and below budget... remembered the tip about how much a floor really can make a difference in cost... then promptly built it back up $2k above just by adding plants. To the house. Not the ground. *facepalm*

If I'm not careful, I'm going to end up tweaking the details to the point of too late to add the entry....
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Minimal, TR, minimal is the key. Look at the other houses in the future. They look bare. Keep it to a minimum. But then again, I could be wrong.
  • Options
    No, you're not wrong at all. Minimal is against my nature! ;)
  • Options
    Meh. I can give a whole laundry list of things wrong with my build, but without another 6+ hours and $6k... *grins* So, I am letting it fast forward through two more days, and then removing whatever plant(s) I have to in order to get it back down below budget (I'm $300 over right now...) and then what I have is what I'll upload.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    User Name: TRajah

User Name Of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone: Ciane

Entry Name: Beyond Infinity

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8441084

Entry Description: Want to know what the future is like? Well come live in this house and you'll find it beyond your infinite dreams. Designed for a large family and well equipped, there is still plenty of room to grow, and all under $250k. (By TRajah, no CC. Built on a custom lot in Oasis Landings)

Pictures ( Sims must include 1 head shot and 1 of each outfit. Lots must include 1 aerial(overhead) of lot, 1 front of lot, 1 back of lot, and 1 floor plan of each level w/ walls up):
    Front of lot:
    Screenshot-598.jpg

Back of lot:
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-K8XfpCL5Uj8/VBi5V-miTVI/AAAAAAAAjZo/zPyx2T8bMfM/s640/Screenshot-600.jpg[/img]

Top down:
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-yk3spcIJ2kY/VBi5ajybCiI/AAAAAAAAjaI/6bZXXLGvKIs/s640/Screenshot-602.jpg[/img]

Screenshot-603.jpg

Screenshot-604.jpg

Screenshot-605.jpg

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-uApwoYv_-WQ/VBi5fboMRDI/AAAAAAAAjak/tVbR6kM0T8w/s640/Screenshot-606.jpg[/img]

Screenshot-607.jpg

Possible CAP Links and Credits: None

Additional Picture/Slideshow Link:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/105596148682718411883/Sims3BeyondInfinity?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNmktr-46aqnnwE&feat=directlink
    Post edited by TRajah on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Now it's just a matter of the launcher loading and having no issues uploading it...

As for the budget -- Ivanna, I don't know what to say on what the value ended up being. When my sim was living in it, it came to about $249,500. When I moved the sim out, it jumped to about $250,500. So... your call (obviously) on whether it counts as under budget or not.
  • Options
    Woohoo! In 6 minutes before the bell!
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    Hello Everyone!

My apologies for not being around, but I have just started feeling half way decent the last day or so. I haven't been up much, let alone on the computer, and what time I did spend on the computer was spent trying to get Rose's Party Scrapbook put together. I did do some updating though of the entry list. By my time there is about 15 minutes to go, but it will probably be a little later before I officially close it, as I do still have some more updating and downloading and CUSTARD checks to do, first. Plus, I need to get the little ones homework over-seen, so I would say you have at least another hour before I'll get it closed, possibly two. :D

@Tiggerkitty, since you aren't going to be able to get your entry finished in time, I could really use a third judge, if you have the time. ;):D

By the way, if anyone is interested, the scrapbook is potentially finished and the links are up in the party thread! ;)
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    I have immensely enjoyed looking at everyone's builds the last few days. The talent is huge and it shows in your submissions. The commercial builds have been fantastic. Good job to all!
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    Yay @TRajah, I love the gavity defying jut outs and that great over the garage look as well as around the pool. You did it!

@pchapman, I totally agree. Lots of awesome work here that took everyone outside of their comfort zone and caused creativity to soar!

Glad you are feeling better @Ivanna420.

@Tiggerkitty, sorry you found so much inspiration and so little time to perfect it in your game.
  • Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    All the entries look fantastic :) Unfortunately I ran out of time my brother was in the hospital all this week and i was up with him everyday fortunately he is well and back home today. Im glad I gave it a try :) the Sims I made I will keep playing maybe have a couple of kids :) and the community lot that is half finished i may eventually finish for them. Good luck to everyone!!
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    Sorry your brother was in the hospital. I am glad you were able to visit with him there and that he is home again now.
  • Options
    leelu, I'm sorry to hear that your brother was in the hospital, but glad to hear he is well and back home again. I certainly understand not having time to finish an entry. Hope you have a good week, dear. :D
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Ok, I have everything updated , etc. now, so I am calling this one Officially Closed to new entries!

Thank you all for some really awesome entries. You guys all did a great job in every category, and I had a lot of fun. I just hope you all did as well. I can't wait to get in-game and play around with them all! I'm sorry that some of you experienced what seems like more problems and frustrations, than fun with one. I definitely do want to thank you for sticking it out to completion on your entries, instead of just throwing in the towel. I think they are all amazing and no matter how the scores turn out, they all deserve first place. :D
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    @cmbaker - Unfortunately, I must report that I have found an issue with both of your entries during their CUSTARD checks. As you can see by the screen prints below, there does seem to be some CC attached, and it appears that it's the same item. Now, since I have several ahead of you to judge, if you would like, I'll give you until Friday evening to try to remove the CC and re-upload your entries CC free. just change the link in you entry posts to the new uploads and then post to let me know you've changed them. I really hope you can get it cleaned and re-uploaded. They are both great entries and I would hate to have to exclude them.

Here's the Lachance CUSTARD checks:

cmbakerLachanceCUSTARDcheck_zps1612fa58.jpg

Here's the Oasis Dreams CUSTARD checks:

cmbakerOasisDreamCUSTARDcheck_zps08df3e58.jpg

If anyone has any advice for cmbaker on how to remove this particular piece of CC, I'm sure she would appreciate it. I know I will. :D

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Beyond Infinity is a very nice home! @TRajah :) Very nice exterior design of it! It looks very nice how you have used the beam structures in the build! The layout of the build is great! The different areas of the build look great! It looks great how you have done the front pathway with the steps at intervals! The plant gardens on top of the roofing areas looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The indoors water feature where the tube lift is looks great! Very nice hone theatre area for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the comfortable seating watching movies. The red of the seating suits well the type of room and it great that you have the popcorn machine there for sims to have snacks! Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the equipment in the gym. It is great that you have the dance bar there for sims to enjoy using when dancing. Very nice indoor pool and hot tub area! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. It looks great how you have positioned the hot tub in the middle area of the pool and have a water fountain on the edge of the pool. Great science lab for sims to enjoy doing research on the science machine, or create plumbots or trait chops on the bot workshop. Plumbots will be glad to be recharged in the recharging station there. Nice sitting nooks in the home. The kitchen is great! Great design and furnishing of it! The island kitchen counter is great! The type of kitchen counters and cabinets that you have used suits well the Oasis Landing world . Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals there. It is great that you have the bar stool dining counter facing outdoors in front of the window so sims can enjoy looking outdoors at the views whilst dining. Very nice light filled dining room ! Nice types of dining seats and glass table that you have used there. The ceiling light looks very nice. Very nice living room! It looks very nice how you have placed the seats in the room, for sims to enjoy watching tv. It looks nice how you have placed the plants on the sides of the room for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting there. Very nice sitting nook for sims to enjoy relaxing on the hanging chair, having a read of a book. Very nice music room! The black and white colour scheme of the room looks very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa there warming up in front of the fireplace, listening to the piano being played, or reading a book. The children's playroom looks great! Little sims will have fun playing with the toys or reading a book there. The colourful pattern on thewall looks great! The spaceship floor rug looks great! Sims will have fun riding the rocking horse. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. Nice shades of colors and patterns that you have used for the beds in the bedrooms. Nice book alcove area in the double bedroom. Very nice walk in dressing closet and laundry room! It looks great that you have placed the styling station there, for sims to have a makeover. The clothes racks look great there. Very nice master bedroom! Great layout of the master suite area! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants on the sides of the bed for sims to enjoy seeing when laying in bed. Very nice bedroom armchair sitting area in front of the fireplace for sims to sit and relax and chat. It looks nice how you have a hot tub area off from the master bedroom and living room area. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the sauna, Very nice outdoors kitchen area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals in the woodstove oven and eating their meals in the sunshine at the dining table there. Very nice curved seating nook area that you have designed, and sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there or on the loungers in front of the fireplace. The separate art studio building is great! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel or sketching on the drafting table there. Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that your brother was in hospital @leelujack. I am glad that he is feeling better now and has been able to come home today.
  • Options
    I recommend this for finding cc, particularly the part in the blue box about moving .dbc files out and looking at them one at a time. (I actually use that method to install my store stuff, in a way. I fill up a .dbc file to just over 300 but under 350 and then move it out and let a new .dbc file be created. I rename them one up and keep moving them out until done. It is the way to keep your store stuff from uninstalling itself.):
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html
  • Options
    Thanks ciane, I need to add that one to my list of helpful links. Crin's site is an invaluable tool in itself! :D
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    Love all the works! too bad I didn't had the chance to check-out Into the Future, it loooks like an awesome EP
  • Options
    I always like all the new build things we get with a new EP @onigirilover. It's nice to have another "elevator" that takes up less space than the one with Late Night. I'm not sure what I think of synthesized food since I believe in organic, natural, and unprocessed foods; but the Sims love it.
    Yes, crinrict has a lot of helpful links and compiled facts @Ivanna
    A lot of us have so much extra stuff installed in our games that it's impossible for the launcher to even show us everything that is loaded. Moving out the .dbc files and putting them in one at time makes it easy to see everything in that file. It's just that the computer must have a zero file in order to read a one file. (Think of the last line of code in the file telling it to look for the next number up.) And so, you rename each file temporarily to end in 0 (zero) to look at just that one file and then back to it's correct number for it to all show up in game later.
    Then the dcbackup files that are created each time a file is installed are just that - backup. They aren't needed and they cause bloat. Interestingly, they are the package equivalent of the sims pack. So they could be saved to place in a mods/package folder and show up in the game as cc rather than reinstalling. The downside is that they are a bunch of numbers and thus finding a specific file is therefore very tedious. So, some noted bad cc has the numbers identified so you can search in the dcbackup folder and just delete the bad file after you have found and uninstalled it in the launcher (as uninstalling with the launcher only removes it from the dccache folder, not the dcbackup folder).
    My approach is to just delete or move out the normal backup files from the dcbackup folder, leaving the ccmerged file. I also move out all the download files after installing them so they don't show in the launcher any more (though they will be in game). These I keep as backup elsewhere for reinstalling purposes. TMI?