Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited September 2014
    User Name: ciane
    User Name Of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone: na
    Entry Name: TriStar
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8440498
    Entry Description: Reach for the stars. This is the home of your dreams with five bedroom suites and spacious entertainment on multiple levels and patios, as well as grand entrance, home theater, workshop, gym, lab, office, studio, recreation room, playground, dream dressing room, two-car garage, pool, and hot tub.
    Pictures:
    Tcvr_zps568a8b80.png

Tovr_zps38735bb3.png

Tkid1_zpsf9115eec.png

Tmstr1_zpsc37c2662.png

Tmain1_zps1b3eeace.png

Tbase1_zpsff4c8860.png
    Possible CAP Links and Credits: I used a MrHawk stencil-removed light on the outside 2d floor (above the doors leading to front porches).
    Additional Picture/Slideshow Link:
    http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/slideshow/101/Iv/TS
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Entry Name: Jenas
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8440496
    Entry Description: Jenny and Lucas had two very different shops in mind. She loves clothes and he loves bots. So, they split a commercial lot 50-50 and each turned their half into a space they love. Now if only others will love the shops as much as they do. With clothes for every age and gender, three bot workshops and computers, and recharging stations, there should be something for everyone. No cc. No CAP!
    Pictures:
    cvr_zps95269764.png

bk_zps7dee9d44.png

Jovr_zpsdc7f82d1.png

ovr_zpsde62ad7d.png
    Possible CAP Links and Credits:
    http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/slideshow/101/Iv/Jenas

Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Sweet!! I love your entries, @ciane, but especially your shop :D
  • Options
    Almost done with my house, too. Just need to finish the master bedroom, the nursery, Jenny's "closet" (hah, more like fashion room), and some of the external stuff. Hoping I can get it done tomorrow...
    Oh yes... and remove the hot tub base, now that I've finally decided on the master suite's layout
  • Options
    Just looked at the shots you put in your image thingy on your download button (hey, it's 1am here, too, *and* I've taken my ambien... I'm lucky to be even partially speaking english right now...)... Tristar is *awesome*! What a creative shape, and I bet that was a pain to arrange.
  • Options
    Oops. Oh. Yeah. This entire big empty room that is supposed to be the office / library. I probably should do that, huh?
  • Options
    You can do it, @TRajah!
    I am so very tired this morning. I stayed up late. Hubby came home from his security route. Hubby got up to work a day shift. And, we had rain. So, of course my male Chinese Crested was not happy and very restless. And then... I got up, wishing for just another chance to fall back to sleep. It's a Monday morning on a Tuesday.
    Yay, I am glad you like my builds @TRajah. Thinking outside the box with a budget was quite the challenge. I'll get the pics done up right today, but I have to get my traveller's home and do their pictures too.
    I wish everyone luck. Have a happy, happy day.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I am not done yet, but here are the pics, link to showcase, and write up for Jenny and Lucas.
    Entry Name: Jenny and Lucas Charman
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8440927
    Entry Description: Jenny loves fashion. She loves sharing that passion with others. She wants to help them look good and feel great about themselves. Lucas loves to find out what makes things tick. He takes them apart and parts them back together again. Often, he makes them even better than they were before.
    Pictures (Sims must include 1 head shot and 1 of each outfit):
    JLL_zpsd2a1e7b8.png

jlj35_zps4e907c75.png

JL_zps507122c3.png

Possible CAP Links and Credits:
    http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/slideshow/101/Iv/JL
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @ciane: The Link to your sims is showing up as page not found...just thought you should know ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not done yet. I wanted to get everything in place, so I just need to upload and put in the link for that later. I hope to play them just a little bit more today.
  • Options
    Okay, I need things to depreciate by about $2k.... and *then* I still get to landscape... Meep! But, now I think (*think*) everything is done but outside lounge area, patio garden, and landscaping... I've left the sim upgrading appliances (of course... if this increases their value, that may backfire... >.> ) to unbreakable while things depreciate.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I never thought about unbreakable being more expensive. I don't think it is. Terrain paint, rocks, and some greenery was my approach though most of the neighboring lots lack terrain paint. 4.5 more hours. I need to get my sims done.
  • Options
    Yay, it does not appear to increase the value. And not only that, I seem to have added more last night after I took the ambien. The fun thing about designing after taking a sleeping pill.. you don't always remember everything you did while it was active. Things have gone down more than the $2k I was hoping they would... >.>
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Finished!!...it's finished *cries* didn't think I'd get it done with all the crashing the game has been doing lately *sigh*...Good luck to those still working hope you make it on time :)
  • Options
    I do believe my desired outdoor lounge is a bit over budget...
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Oasis Dream home is very nice! @cmbaker16. :) Very nice exterior design of the house! It looks great how you have used the skylights in the house! Nice shade of blue that you have used for the exterior. It looks very nice how you have used the hedge fencing for the pathways edges and the trees look nice how you have placed them on the edges of the front of the house. Nice water fountain feature. Very nice pool patio area! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, resting poolside on the loungers or relaxing in the hot tub there. It looks great how you have created a hot tub nook area. The water fountain on the side of the pool is nice for sims to see when sitting there on the loungers.Very nice outdoors kitchen area! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors at the umbrella covered dining table, enjoying the sunshine. It looks great how you have created a long dining table and placed seats on the sides and ends of it for many sims to enjoy eating their meal together. Great bar stool counter. Very nice balcony areas! Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment.Very nice layout and furnishing of the levels of the house! The water fountain in the entrance area is nice for sims to see when coming into the home. They will have fun dancing to the music from the stereo. Very nice design of the kitchen and dining area! The pink and white colour scheme of the furnishings looks nice, and the type of dining seats, stools and other furnishings that you have used suits well Oasis landing. Great bar counter area. The type of ceiling lights you have used looks nice.Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have done the curved sofa seating. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there, watching the hologram tv. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the walls in the office. The pink flowers on the side table are nice for sims to see when sitting at the study desk using the computer. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The walk in closet in the master bedroom looks great! It is great that you have placed the styling station in the walk-in closet room, and the clothes and shoes racks look great there. It is a nice light filled room for sims to enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The floral pictures on the bedhead wall in the master bedroom are nice for sims to see when waking in the morning, and it looks nice how you have placed them on the wall. Very nice patterns and colours that you have used for the beds and furnishings in the kids rooms. The butterfly floor rug in the girls room is nice. The brown pattern that you have used for the walls in the nursery room looks very nice. The plumbot lab and the science room look great! Sims will enjoy creating plumbots and trait chips and doing science experiments in these rooms. The playroom is a happy looking room for little sims to have fun playing with the toys and in the activity table there. The pattern on the wall is nice and colourful and the tree and bird print looks nice. Great art studio for sims to enjoy painting on the easel or sketching on the drafting table. .It looks great that you have placed the skill items in the corners of the room. Sims will have fun playing foosball, dominos and chess in the games room.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Lucas and Jenny are very nice sims @cmbaker16 :) The outfits that they are wearing look nice. It looks great how you have recoloured them. It is great that Beta their plumbot is a part of their household too!
  • Options
    Harvestables didn't work as well as I'd hoped where I originally put them, and they kept changing the value of the lot depending on what was ready to harvest. Soooo... just leaving a place where a harvestable garden would make sense. And I still need to find a way to cut out another $1.5k...
  • Options
    TriStar is a very nice home! @ciane :) Very nice exterior design of it! The star and triangles shapes of the exterior and the interior rooms look great! It looks very nice how you have used the glass windows in the build. The front steps at the front of the home looks great. Very nice pool area! Very nice outdoors patio areas for sims to enjoy resting on the loungers in the sunshine, or relaxing in the sauna or have a restful massage. Very nice outdoors dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill there and eating the meals on the futuristic themed stools or tables and chairs. Very nice futuristic themed furnishing of the levels of the home! Great basement level! The science lab is great! Sims will enjoy doing research on the science machine there and using the brain machine. Great recreation area for sims to have fun playing pool and the arcade table machine. Sims will enjoy doing painting on the easel, sketching on the drafting table or doing sculpting in the art studio area. Nice furnishing of the bedrooms. Great dressing room off from the master bedroom. Sims will have fun playing chess on the futuristic themed chess table in the office or enjoy using the computer at the study desk or read a book there from the bookcase. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen and dining area! It looks great how you have used the items from the futureshock set in the kitchen. Great bar stool counter. The type of dining seats and table suit the type of home and where it is located. Very nice light filled music room area! Sims will enjoy playing the musical instruments there, with the sunlight coming in through the windows. They will have great views of the world through the windows whilst playing music there.
    It is a very nice home for Oasis Landing! :)
  • Options
    Jenas is a great store for sims to enjoy visiting! @ciane :) The name of it, with it being the combination of both of their names is great! Very nice design of the store, both the exterior and the layout of the interior! It looks great how you have used the curved glass windows! The front outdoors area of the build looks nice. It looks great how you have done the square plant and rock gardens. It looks nice how you have placed the seats around the edges of the sculpture. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the seats there enjoying the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the areas of the interior! It looks great how you have the two separate but connected areas for Jenny and Lucas to enjoy there particular interests and store. Great bot workshop area. It looks great how you have placed the bot workshops in the corners. Sims will enjoy creating plumbots and trait chips there. The blue texture pattern on the walls throughout the build looks nice. The Simcity poster looks great on the wall. The circle pattern on the floor is great. Plumbots will be pleased to be able to recharge in the recharging stations. Great study desk areas for sims to enjoy using the futuristic computers at the tables. Sims will enjoy buying plumbots there too.Very nice styling area for sims to enjoy having a makeover by the styling station. It looks great how you have placed seats there for sims to sit on whilst waiting to be made over. The coat racks look great there. It looks great how you have done the clothes model mannequins. The way you have used different coloured bases on the mannequin pedestals looks great. It looks great that you have used the futureshock counter to place the register on. The plants decor on the wall is a nice touch.
    It is a great build! :)
  • Options
    It's *almost* there!
  • Options
    TRajah wrote: »
    Harvestables didn't work as well as I'd hoped where I originally put them, and they kept changing the value of the lot depending on what was ready to harvest. Soooo... just leaving a place where a harvestable garden would make sense. And I still need to find a way to cut out another $1.5k...

TR, I put in all the stuff and go well over budget in the beginning. Then I play it a few days and let everything depreciate. Day 3 is when I start to make executive cuts and rethink any thing that isn't working for me. Then I usually just play it one more day to get the biggest depreciation possible. I've been told that things will continue to depreciate (except for art and plants) up to a week.

Good luck cutting what you need to cut and keeping what you most love. 2.5 hours left, I think. I am getting ready to stop playing and share my sims now.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow. We are keeping you very busy today, aren't we? I hope your day has gone well.
  • Options
    With two hours left, I have finally uploaded my Sims. Yay! It's nice to be done. I will continue to root for you @TRajah.