Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Modern Future is a very nice home @nyxi :) Very nice exterior design of it! The plants on the balcony areas of the build look great! It is nice how you have used the circular windows and the other types of windows through the home. The water features on the edges of the home look nice. Very nice pool patio area! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, relaxing in the hot tub or just enjoy resting on the loungers there, enjoying the sunshine. Child sims will have fun playing in the sand pit there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Great games room! Sims will have fun playing foosball or pool there, with the fireplace keeping the room warm. The fish tank is nice and restful for sims to watch the fish whilst there. It looks nice how you have used shades of blue through the home. Great kitchen and dining areas! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar in the dining room with their meal. The bar stool counter in the kitchen is great. Nice light filled art studio nook area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel or sketching on the drafting table, and at the same time enjoy looking out through the windows at what is happening outside. The master bedroom is very nice! Nice shades of purple red and grey that you have used there and the picture on the bedhead wall looks nice with the colour scheme of the room. It looks nice how you have placed the three sided mirror there for sims to check their appearance in. The texture of the master bathroom wall looks great. Very nice children's bedroom and nursery The pink and green colours that you have used in these rooms look nice. The castle themed bookcase in the girls bedroom looks nice. Child sims will enjoy sitting at the window study desk area, enjoying the sunshine coming in and reading a book from the bookcase. Nice shade of blue that you have used in the other double bedroom. The type of fireplace that you have used there is nice. The fireplace will keep the room warm. Nice corner sitting nook area for sims to sit and relax. The science room is great! Sims will enjoy using the various skill items there. They will like using the bot workshop to create plumbots and traits, do research on the science machine or create potions on the chemistry table, as well as enjoy reading a book from the futuristic themed bookcase. It is great that they can do all the tech and science activities in the one room. Nice living room for sims to enjoy watching tv programs on the hologram tv. The curved sofa seating in the family room is great and is a nice place for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing. It looks very nice how you have placed plants through the interior rooms. They are nice touches of green for sims to enjoy seeing.
    It is a very nice home for Oasis Landing! :)
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Well... I need to name it, get pictures of it, and run through to make sure there's nothing glaringly obvious that is wrong... but I think I just finished the commercial lot. And it's less than $100 simoleons under budget.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    100 under budget is great! Mine is under 100k, so I thankfully have 300k for the residential lot (and I used every bit of it). I didn't quite finish the upgrading yesterday, but I am close now. So, picture taking and uploads and hoping that the lots really do stay under 400k together.

I have my fingers crossed that you all finish up at least one of the builds.

Have a happy day.
  • Options
    I hope that your builds stay under the budget and that your picture taking and finishing of your upgrading goes well Ciane. :)
  • Options
    The latest news is that the food in fridge still goes bad. So, I deleted the synthesized food things entirely and the fridge. I think they'll still be under the budget, so I will buy them a brand new fridge and see what happens.

Also, do mannequins age up? I have aging off, but my child mannequin is now a teen and of course he is not wearing all the clothes I planned for a male teen either. Crazy!

Maniac Monday! I think the dogs and I will have peanut butter sandwiches.
  • Options
    I think the mannequins randomly change. Not sure of that, though
  • Options
    The good news is as soon as I told her to plan the outfits for a male child, all the old selections turned up. Yay for not having to CASt all those again. That reminds me, I didn't CASt all the outfits for the adults and YAs yet. So I guess I am not as done as I was hoping I was. But, yay, for one more day!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    User Name: TRajah

User Name Of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone: Ciane

Entry Name: Baubles and Bots Boutique

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8440009

Entry Description: Whether it's fasion for yourself or a new styling simbot, you'll find your needs at the Baubles and Bots Boutique. Shop the Bots department to select from pre-made Simbots. Or, if you're so inclined, build your own! Looking to outfit yourself? You'll find plenty of style in the women's or men's department! (Built by TRajah at 1360 West Basin Road in Oasis Landing, no CC)

Pictures ( Sims must include 1 head shot and 1 of each outfit. Lots must include 1 aerial(overhead) of lot, 1 front of lot, 1 back of lot, and 1 floor plan of each level w/ walls up):
    Screenshot-552.jpg

Screenshot-556.jpg

Screenshot-557.jpg

Screenshot-558.jpg

Screenshot-559.jpg

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-AQPrwDBAms4/VBcrmZaNPrI/AAAAAAAAjXA/6l0ca9EPDXI/s640/Screenshot-575.jpg[/img]

Possible CAP Links and Credits: no CAP

Additional Picture/Slideshow Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/105596148682718411883/Sims3BaublesAndBotsBoutique?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCP3r7Z6wlaC-uwE&feat=directlink
  • Options
    @ciane, you're doing way more than I did if you're going so far as to CASt the outfits on the mannequins. :D I do admit, this isn't my most 'attentive to details' entry. But, at least it's something, and it's enough I'm willing to put my name on it. ;) And if I hope to have ANY chance of finishing the house as well (which is very iffy, but I want to *try* anyway), I gotta call the boutique finished now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    *facepalm* But I *had* a burglar alarm! I had the game just playing in the background while I put up the post for Baubles and Bots... had more stuff I needed to let depreciate. Came back to find out the house had been robbed. :p I had to hunt to find what the thief took. Now I get to let a new holographic TV depreciate again.
  • Options
    Oops! Might it be easier to back up to the last save? Sorry that happened to you.

I love that shop! It looks ultra crisp! Love the triangular prisms on top! Great shape and great use of those billboards too!

And yes I CASt each mannequin in all outfits, except I got lazy when I got to the adults and YAs. So I have to go back and do those now.

I want to play long enough to depreciate that new fridge I had to buy, but luckily the food seems to be staying good in it now.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Baubles and Bots Boutique is very nice @TRajah! :) Very nice exterior design of the build! The shape of the building is great! Nice pattern that you have used for the exterior and it looks great that you have used the skylights in your build. The outdoors water fountain and plants feature is so very nice! It is very nice for sims to enjoy seeing when they come to the store. Great types of windows that you have used which suit the type of building and Oasis Landing world. The large billboard signs look great! Very nice furnishing of and layout of the interior! Nice sitting areas where sims can enjoy sitting resting on the sofas or chairs watching other sims doing shopping. It looks great how you have set up the displays of the models with clothes to purchase and the plumbots to buy. It looks very nice how you have done the shoes cabinets! The curtained off dressing rooms look great! Very nice styling salon area. It looks great how you have placed the clothes racks there. Sims will enjoy coming there for a makeover. It looks very nice how you have done the area with the sculpture between the curved angled black sofa seating! Very nice area of the build where sims can enjoy using the bot workshop to create their own plumbots. It looks great how you have set up the desk tables there with the futuristic computers on them for sims to enjoy using.
    It is a great place for sims to enjoy visiting! :)
  • Options

Nah, it was simple enough to re-CASt a new one.

I do wonder what set off a bunch of flyaway tiles, though. In the house. They weren't there before I moved the lot from the smaller lot onto the full one.
  • Options
    So, has anyone figured out how to do a kitchen without a fridge? Because, y'know, the fridge looks clunky compared to the counters. *snicker*
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited September 2014
    My house is done so I'm posting this now and will update once I get my pics done cause as soon as I finished saving the final version *phew* the game crashed on me lol. So I'll be back with the rest of the info and pictures :).

User Name: cmbaker16
    User Name Of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone:
    Entry Name: Oasis Dream
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8442776
    Entry Description: Is a 4BR/5BA Home with Open Kitchen, dining, living, & office. Master bedroom is complete with Bathroom, a walk-in closet and private balcony w/hot-tub. In the basement you'll find a Playroom for kids, Home Gym, Art Studio, Science Lab, Plumbot Lab & Game room. Outside you'll find the grandest pool & dining area for entertaining guests along w/a playground for kids. With a Rooftop garden no one can resist this home away from home.
    Cost: $279,092 (just in case you needed to know)
    Pictures ( Sims must include 1 head shot and 1 of each outfit. Lots must include 1 aerial(overhead) of lot, 1 front of lot, 1 back of lot, and 1 floor plan of each level w/ walls up):
    Front
    erhqg5.jpg
    Back
    2v30cwo.jpg
    Aerial
    2irrh9d.jpg
    3rd Floor-Boy & Girl room/bath
    24feo15.jpg
    2nd Floor-Master Bed & Bath + walk-in Closet, Nursery & Bath, 3 Balconies
    200qis7.jpg
    1st Floor-Kitchen, Dining w/Bar, Holographic theater, & Office (Open Floor Plan)
    2nsc015.jpg
    Basement-Playroom, Art Studio, Science Lab, Plumbot Lab, Home Gym w/bath, & Game Room
    2ibj2np.jpg
    Possible CAP Links and Credits: N/A
    Additional Picture/Slideshow Link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12679184/#Comment_12679184
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • Options
    Cool! I really like the look of your house from the front
  • Options
    TRajah wrote: »

Nah, it was simple enough to re-CASt a new one.

I do wonder what set off a bunch of flyaway tiles, though. In the house. They weren't there before I moved the lot from the smaller lot onto the full one.

I am thinking you left a code on when you saved once. MOO is notorious for doing that. I just wish I was far along enough to have placed the house down again. I always tweak as I am taking pictures. I am getting closer though. :smile:

And maybe put that fridge in a pantry.

Nice look, cm!
  • Options
    The exterior of your house looks great @cmbaker16! :) The design of it is very nice! It looks great how you have used the skylights. I am glad that you were able to save the final version before your game crashed! I hope your picture taking goes well!
  • Options
    *hunts down Zoo to give her a big hug* MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Builders tricks learned from the Zoo U! WOO! Between that and Jool's tricks ( http://jools-simming.tumblr.com/tagged/Creative+help+and+ideas ), I've gotten two goodies into this family room that otherwise I would have had no idea how to do.
  • Options
    (The particular trick in this case, to use ctrl+floor (or platform) to *remove* a section of platform/floor that doesn't want to delete the way I wanted it. ctrl+place results in placing a 'negative' floor tile or platform)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    User Name: cmbaker16
    User Name Of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone:
    Entry Name: Lachance
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8443018
    Entry Description: Lucas is a fan of Technology and Jenny, his wife, Loves Fashion and anything artsy. When a strange portal crash landed in their yard Jenny didn't know what to think but Lucas couldn't help but inspect it. They met a time traveler who took them to the future. Jenny fell in love with the view and Lucas fell in love with the technology. Now that Lucas has built them their very own Plumbot will these two fit in more?
    2v95cuc.jpg
    Lucas Lachance

Traits:
    Irresistible
    Genius
    Computer Whiz
    Handy
    Lucky (I figured his friends called him Lucky for a reason)

LTW: Collect High-Tech Gadgets

Skills:
    Advance Technology-1
    Athletic-3
    Science-3
    Handiness-3
    Inventing-3
    Bot Building-4
    dmcyhk.jpg
    Jenny Lachance

Traits:
    Irresistible
    Artistic
    Photographic Eye
    Natural Cook
    Nuturing

LTW: Fashion Phenomenon

Skills:
    Advance Tech-1
    Painting-3
    Photography-3
    Cooking-3
    Athletic-3
    Writing-3
    Street Art-3
    bi5mrq.jpg
    Beta (Just in case)

Traits:
    Competent Cleaner
    Handibot
    Efficient
    Possible CAP Links and Credits: N/A
    Additional Picture/Slideshow Link:
    j7erlc.jpg

1z18w7o.jpg
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • Options
    I will finish these up tomorrow as it's almost 10pm and I'd like some time to just play :)
  • Options
    Looking good, @cmbaker16 !!