Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @whatsociallife - Great name! I love all the octagon sections, particularly the top one! And I love the wall choice behind the bot displays! Fun roof overhang for parking as well! Woot!

@cmbaker16 - I do hope you get yours in on time too. Good luck!
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    @Whatsocialife Great commercial build. I really like everyone's commercial, I'm glad I decided not to enter, I would have been way out of my comfort zone. Love love the name!
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    OMG!!!...game crashed on me but I'm pretty sure I only lost one room back in-game I go...I will have it entered today I'm determined lol.
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Blast. I'm gonna have to cut some things out. Can't get it below $146k, and it's still not done.
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    LOve the entries everyone has made so far!!
    Making me feel really insecure about my own build! haha... But I an out of time to change it, so.. :p

Very happy with the extension of the deadline though Ivanna, then at least I still have a chance of finishing my build. Still have so many rooms to decorate and CASt....

futurelife.jpg

G_residence_size_2_large.jpg

future-concept-house.jpg

298be400b6205db00ce2a43ec62a0899.jpg
  • Options
    Cool inspiration pics @Tiggerkitty. Love the big windows that let in lots of sunshine as well as all the light polished wood, white furnishings and walls, and the unique shapes. How much of the inspiration ends up in your builds?

@TRajah, is 146k the magic number for the commercial lot so you have extra for the residential lot? I'm glad I kept mine all on one floor so the construction cost was less.

I'm still almost done upgrading. The end is in sight. Of course, the house lot is still way over budget. Good thing the commercial lot is underbudget. :smiley:

Here's hoping you all get your lots finished in time, and that you enjoy the last of the weekend.
  • Options
    Could someone please tell me why I ever thought designing a house on the diagonal was a smart idea?
  • Options
    *sigh* No, @ciane... $146k is the minimum I can get the 85% complete commercial lot down to, so far. I still have the most boring men's department (Really! No joke! At the moment... it's 3 pedestals, a couch, and a changing room... that's it), and still don't have any of the landscaping I want to do.

So I'm back to tweaking the residential to see if I can get *that* finished as well, and if so, if I can bring *that* in under budget...
  • Options
    @Tiggerkitty, thank you for all these inspiration pics. They help. :)
  • Options
    My house is mostly diagonal with triangle-shaped rooms. I do love a challenge. We'll see what everyone thinks about it soon. Definitely not traditional. :smile:
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    @Ciane thank you, I'm glad you like them! Well I try to incorporate a lot of the inspiration ideas into my builds, but since I'm actually a terrible builder, they end up not working out and I give up after cursing at my game for 2 weeks.... Try another idea and the same thing happens... Or I combine too many and it ends up looking totally weird (which kinda happened this time) :p Makes it so hard to choose sometimes, but I just love looking them up for ideas and to at least give it a try, whether for the current build or a totally different one later on.

@Trajah I'm glad the inspiration pictures help you out! Hope the depreciation will hurry up and help you get under budget soon! Oh a diagonal building :O Sounds very interesting! Though difficult to get right when decorating... But I guess MOO could help you out with that a lot :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Beauty and the Bot is a great build! @whatsociallife :) The name of the build is great! The exterior design of it is great! The octagonal roofing shape and the top roof level looks great! It looks very nice how you have used the glass windows through the build. The way you have done the covered over car port looks great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the build! The space themed background pattern behind the plumbot displays looks great! Great art nook area for sims to do sketching on the drafting table. It looks great how you have placed sketches on the wall in front of the drafting table. The wall and floor texture in the bot workshop area looks great! Sims will enjoy creating plumbots and traits using the bot workshop there. The cubical pattern on the seat benches looks great! Great computer study desk area! It looks great the type of seats and computers that you have used which suit the world very well. It looks great how you have set the four tables up together. Very nice displays of the plumbots with the colour effects and the column of bubbles! The salon area looks very nice. Very nice placement of and recolouring of the mannequins there. Sims will enjoy having a makeover there, and look out through the windows at what is happening outside. Very nice furnishing of the boutique area ! The jewellery boxes and stands on the counters and the shoes racks on the floor are great boutique touches. The type of counters you have used through the build looks great. It is great that you have the tube lift for sims to go from one level to the next. Very nice tables and chairs windows sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there looking out at the views and enjoying the sunshine coming it. The white hologram plants look very nice there. The clothing displays area looks great! Very nice placement and recolouring of the pouf stools in the middle of this area. The outfits that the models are wearing look very nice!
    It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy visiting ! :)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    This may be an effort in futility.... *looks at house budget and how much is left to build there, too*
  • Options
    Well, @TRajah, maybe just concentrate on the commercial lot and keep it under the 150k allocated for that. Then after you finish that, see what you can do with the house lot. I took minimal to a whole new level and am still overbudget. My plan is just to keep thinning things out as I need to.

Is food storage a real challenge for everyone else in the future? I think Twallan's overwatch may be deleting the food at the end of the day, but what isn't deleted goes bad (in the food replicator as well as the fridge). I keep swapping out fridges and ITF fridge and the Adv Tech food dispensor have been moved around and deleted. And I have robo waiters on the front lawn (because of the Advanced Technology food dispenser?)

Things are not going as smoothly as they could. There are some bumps in the road, I am learning.
  • Options
    I am sorry that you are having problems @ciane. The robo waiters appear when there is the advanced food tech item on a community lot.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I give up fighting with the game today...it keeps crashing on me so it's feeling stubborn good news is I got most of the house done just need to work on some outside areas and it'll be ready :)
  • Options
    I am sorry that you have been having game crashing problems @cmbaker16. I am glad though that you have got most of the house done. I hope the outdoors areas go well and that no crashing happens when you next work on your build!
  • Options
    Well... so far, I have a garage, very boring art studio, game room, most of a gym (gotta see which treadmill to keep), bathroom, and pool. Everything else is *allocated*, just not built yet. Working on the house while I let ideas percolate for the community build.
  • Options
    nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ahhh

I doesn't work that I can post pictures here at the moment because off this approval thing... I really don't have time anymore because I have to drive to my other university 150km away at 6am and it's already 0:30am

So I'm very sorry for that but I have to make my entry without pictures.. you can see small pictues of it of the slideshow of the house

I'm the whole week at the university and no possibilty to make it before friday.

Again very sorry but I can't do anything against this technik problem

Name: Nyxi

Lot Name: Modern Fututre

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8439091

Wish you all a wonderful week

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry that you are having problems @ciane. The robo waiters appear when there is the advanced food tech item on a community lot.

Yeah, but it's the residential lot that they are on, not a community one. I put the adv. tech food thing in family storage and they they are still outside.
  • Options
    @nyxi, adding pictures to posts is challenging.
    1st, type something in your post.
    Then, click on the icon that looks like a page (next to the smiles and links).
    Then, copy your picture location into the the box that appears and hit enter.
    It will put the picture data with the image codes at the top of your post.
    Copy or cut and paste that to where you want it in your post.

Do that for each image.

If it gives you a really hard time, as it has done for me before; just make a post and then edit it to add the pictures. But you have to use that page icon and paste the data in there and hit enter. It doesn't like it when you type the image codes in yourself or try to paste them in.

I guess it's their way to try and avoid spam.

I love your lot. The windows are awesome and I love the balconies and different shape that you used.
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    @Nyxi I am sorry you are having a hard time posting pictures. Hopefully what @Ciane has suggested will help. I really hate these new forums, though the notifications are alright. Good luck to you & do not let it stress you.

Patti
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/