Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I finally got my lot finished but have one more thing I am trying to get finished on Jenny and Lucas. I've tried working on the shop but my focus is not there.

I did get my lot saved to my library and was able to share it from there. But when I placed it in LP to finish up the pics the bot machine was gone. Then I went into the future and placed a new one there and the bot machine was gone again. Is this happening to anyone else?

• Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited September 2014
    When J&L went back to SV to finish upskilling - the bot machine had gone from the starter house. I wondered if the repo man had been :D

Edit: just cranked up my game this morning and it had disappeared again!
    Post edited by whatsociallife on
  • Options
    Mine stays in the house whether in the present or in the future, and the price seems to reflect that it is still there in the bin. But as soon as I place the lot from the bin the bot machine disappears and the price is lower.
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    @Romagi, and everyone else, too! If the bot machine keeps disappearing from the home and you can't figure out why, I won't dock any points for it not being there. This really sounds like a game issue to me, not that I'm an expert or anything.

Also, I thought I would mention, that there is a surprise party going on today for our lovely Rosemow! If anyone is interested in popping in to leave some kind words for her, We can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769588/let-the-party-begin-surprise-rosemow-you-are-our-guest-of-honor#latest :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Is it possible to avoid having to wait for posts to be authorized - and how long does it take roughly?
    My sims are ready :-)
  • Options
    Entry Form

User Name: romagi
    User Name of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone: Ivanna
    Entry Name: The Cassiopeian
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8430843

Entry Description:

Future home featuring 5 suits (Master, guest, twin boy, twin girl and twin toddler), in-home theater, Game room, playroom, study/library, artist/designer office, scientific/robotic research room, pool, hot tubs, patios, balconies, rooftop garden and play area for toddlers and one for the older children, 2 car garage. All for the astoundingly low price of $249,082 ~ by romagi ~ Enjoy!

All requirements and wish list items are included! Upgraded to unbreakable and all alarms installed.

Pictures (Lots must include 1 aerial (overhead) of lot, 1 front of lot, 1 back of lot, and 1 floor plan of each level w/ walls up):

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Possible CAP Links and Credits: N/A
    Additional Picture/Slideshow Link:

http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/romagi/library/The Cassiopeian?sort=9&page=1

• Options
    edited September 2014
    User Name: romagi
    User Name of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone: Ivanna
    Entry Name: Lucas (Lucky) and Jenny Cole
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8432487
    Entry Description:

Irresistible sweethearts with a passion for each other and the future.

Since they started in the present and are now in the future, and have been back and forth so many times, they have jobs and outfits for each time.

Pictures (Sims must include 1 head shot and 1 of each outfit.):

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Possible CAP Links and Credits: N/A

http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/romagi/library/The Cassiopeian/Cole?sort=9&page=1
    Post edited by romagi1 on
  • Options
    Is it possible to avoid having to wait for posts to be authorized - and how long does it take roughly?
    My sims are ready :-)

As far as I know any of my posts that had to wait never did show up. :\

• Options
    Whatsociallife, I'm not sure what that's all about. I have heard others say they are having the same issue, and that they would just keep trying to re-post and eventually it let them. Since you have plenty of "points" and have done plenty of other postings, I don't know why it would tell you that. I know ciane had problems with posting on the surprise party thread this morning. She did finally get her posts to go through though. She said something about one thing at a time and then editing it to add things. Hope that helps.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    User Name: whatsociallife
    User Name Of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone: None
    Screenshot-236.jpg

Entry Name: Lucas & Jenny Wells
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8431343
    Entry Description:
    Despite everyone saying they were too young and it wouldn't last, Lucas and Jenny got married and built a life for themselves in Sunset Valley. Then the portal appeared. After travelling to the future they vowed to make the move permanently and worked hard to raise the funds. Lucas and Jenny are now ready to change their lives and make roots in Oasis Landing.

Pictures ( Sims must include 1 head shot and 1 of each outfit. Lots must include 1 aerial(overhead) of lot, 1 front of lot, 1 back of lot, and 1 floor plan of each level w/ walls up):
    Lucas.jpg
    Jenny.jpg

Possible CAP Links and Credits:

Lucas traits: Genius, Computer Whiz, Handy, Bot Fan, & Irrestible.

Athletic 3
    Charisma 3
    Painting 3
    Handiness 10
    Logic 6
    Bot Build 9
    Adv Tech 6

Jenny's Traits: Irrestible, artistic, loves photography, natural cook, and Nurturing.

Athletic 2
    Cook 4
    Charisma 2
    Laser Rhythm-a-con 3
    Painting 7
    Social Network 2
    Adv Tech 3
    Photography 6
  • Options
    Love the entries, Ladies! I will get them added to the entry list a little later. ;)
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    WhatSocialLife, I had that problem all morning. Believe me it was frustrating. No matter what I wasn't authorized when I copied and pasted my data from word.

So... First type anything in the comment box as you have above. Then you can copy in text (and maybe pic links if you are lucky.)

I put in the text first and then edited my post so that it wouldn't have to be approved. I also used the paper icon to add each image link as that is often finnicky for me. Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. I was in the Surprise Party for Rose thread.
  • Options
    User Name: whatsociallife
    User Name Of Person Who Referred You, If Anyone: None

Entry Name: Linear Landings
    linear.png

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8431722
    Entry Description: Designed by Jenny & Lucas Wells:somewhere to call home. Completely maxed out with all their requirements, this house is big enough for them to have a good sized family too. Playtested and all plumbing upgraded to unbreakable.

Pictures:
    views.jpg

plans.jpg

Possible CAP Links and Credits:
    Additional Picture/Slideshow Link: http://s833.photobucket.com/user/sandymdh/slideshow/Oasis Landing Contest
    Given the size of the house there is a huge slideshow!
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Y'know, I like both of y'all's entries better than my WIP. Well done :)
  • Options
    I love the ins and outs to both those residences!

WhatSocialLife, I like the contrasting color on your build.

Romagi, I kind of like the way he is dressed all in that subtle shade of green.
    And, I love this statement: astoundingly low price of $249,082

I don't know what's up, but I'll see just current page and type and then woah... there's a whole nuther page. Maybe, it's just normal weekend after release of new game heavy forum traffic.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So, I think I might just give up if it doesn't happen soon. Lucky got the Pioneer of Plumbots so I thought I would go ahead and try for Trensetter for Jenny but.....I have half the town wearing future clothes from her stands (says I only need 4) and it still will not give her Trendsetter. I've played them long enough, look who showed up at their shop all grown up!

@whatsociallife, got both of yours rec'd! Great color choices and love that you thought of using the golf!

Sully.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe it's four from the same display instead of all combined?
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Romagi1 I really like how you did all of Lucas clothing in that same shade of green and Jenny in that yellow. The colors really compliment each other when they are together. Also, on your house the way you have everything upgraded is great! Awesome job on your house.

@Whatsocialife Your Jenny & Lucas look so cute together. Great job on your build. I especially like how your build takes up the entire lot the way it does and the little playground is so cute.

Well done both of you! I love seeing everyone's entries.

@Ivanna I am trying to watch the threads to see if you start a new contest. I have been playing Sims 4 and I have to say it is a very nice base game. I like it much better than I did Sims 3 when it first released. Sims 4 plays much better on my hubby's laptop too. Anyways, should (knock on wood) ha ve my new PC this next weekend so... I will be able to participate in your new contest you are working on/thinking about, etc.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Maybe it's four from the same display instead of all combined?

I lost track after 20 so I know that each stand has had over 4 changes from it. I'm just wondering if since they are called a Legacy that you can only have one at a time in a generation.

• Options
    Patti, It'll probably be a little while. So Don't stress. I want to finish up Rose's party today and then this one, first. :D

Romagi, I think that actually sounds quite plausible. I'm afraid that I haven't played in the future enough before the contest to know for sure, though. I'm really sorry, this location has given you such a hard time. I hoped it would be a fun one for everyone. :\

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Oh, like there can only be one boss at the top of a career field?! Hmm, this is the first time playing the future for me. I avoided it before because my sims always get that jump out of bed bug after traveling. I assumed they'd get it again traveling to the future (right or wrong) so I just built with the new toys in the other worlds.
  • Options
    TRajah, I always tell people, we are our own worst critic. Just because you like them better doesn't mean all the judges will. ;)
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    @pchapman, I've got yours rec'd now too! I really need to stay on top of this contest better!

Love how you used the round windows, especially there at the kitchen sink!

Great sims too! Redhair and freckles, sooo cute! Love the colors you used for her clothes too. And Lucas with his dark hair and blue eyes! My fav coloring for men! LOL

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The Cassiopean is a very nice home! @ romagi1 :) Very nice exterior of it! The balconies, rooftop level and the way you have done the windows through the build looks very nice! The layout and the furnishing of the interior is very nice! Lucas and Jenny are very nice sims! Very nice shades of green and yellow that you have used for their outfits,
    I will enjoy looking at the pictures of your build a little later. I am so sorry that I can't post on all the very nice details and features of your build, but am feeling tired from the very nice party. I am so sorry.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Lucas and Jenny are very nice sims! @whatsociallife :) Very nice outfits that they are wearing. It looks very nice how you have recoloured them using red and black, and green colours . Linear Landings is a very nice home for them to enjoy living in! It looks very nice both the exterior of the home,the outdoors areas and the interior, with lots of great features and details! I will enjoy looking at your slideshow pictures of your build later on. Like I wrote to Romagi, I am so sorry that I can't post on all the very nice details and features of your build, but am feeling tired from the very nice party. I am so sorry. Your build and your sims are very nice!