Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've compiled an extended list of Cheats and Commands

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have not tried this yet in Sims 4 - but in Sims 2 and 3 if you brought up the cheat line and typed the word HELP it would bring up a list of all the cheats that are in the game. Also if you check the readme file you can also generally find all cheats in there as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have not tried this yet in Sims 4 - but in Sims 2 and 3 if you brought up the cheat line and typed the word HELP it would bring up a list of all the cheats that are in the game. Also if you check the readme file you can also generally find all cheats in there as well.

It only shows you a very limited amount of cheats (rosebud, motherlode, etc). I've found all these by breaking down the source code. I do not believe they were intended to be "official" cheats, but rather kept for developers only.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    L_R_TL_R_T Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @TwistedMexican said:

> It only shows you a very limited amount of cheats (rosebud, motherlode, etc). I've found all these by breaking down the source code. I do not believe they were intended to be "official" cheats, but rather kept for developers only.

Aren't those kinds of cheats the best ones though? lol
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    Are still waiting for a skills cheat?

Skills cheat is here!

stats.set_skill_level <skilltype> 1-10

skilltypes are in two varieties. AdultMajor and Skill. Leaving the Adult off should still allow the command to execute.

Types:
    Major_Fishing
    Major_Mischief
    Major_Guitar
    Major_Reaping?
    Major_Programming
    Major_Gardening
    Major_GourmetCooking
    Major_Comedy
    Major_Charisma
    Major_Writing
    Major_VideoGaming
    Major_Violin
    Major_RocketScience
    Major_Painting
    Major_Piano
    Major_Logic
    Major_Handiness
    Major_HomestyleCooking

Skill_Child_Social
    Skill_Child_Motor
    Skill_Child_Creativity
    Skill_Fitness
    Skill_Child_Mental

Hahahahahahaha, awesome :p
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    L_R_T wrote: »
    > @TwistedMexican said:<br />
    <br />
    > It only shows you a very limited amount of cheats (rosebud, motherlode, etc). I've found all these by breaking down the source code. I do not believe they were intended to be "official" cheats, but rather kept for developers only.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Aren't those kinds of cheats the best ones though? lol

lol sure, but I'd say quite of a few of the ones I've found here rank among them ;) aspiration rewards, achievement rewards, skills, relationships, handymen. Pretty sure the Sims 3 aspiration point cheat had that treasure chest beat to death.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• Options
    L_R_TL_R_T Posts: 6 New Member
    > @TwistedMexican said:
    > L_R_T wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > lol sure, but I'd say quite of a few of the ones I've found here rank among them aspiration rewards, achievement rewards, skills, relationships, handymen. Pretty sure the Sims 3 aspiration point cheat had that treasure chest beat to death.

So you said you'll be putting all of these cheats in the reddit at some point?

Also, yeah.. I used the hell out of that cheat in S3 :o
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    L_R_T wrote: »
    So you said you'll be putting all of these cheats in the reddit at some point?<br />
    <br />
    Also, yeah.. I used the hell out of that cheat in S3 :o

Yep, as soon as I deem all working cheats found. I've made /r/sims4cheats so I can create a wiki page for it. There's simply too many parameters to just list them, it needs a full page with proper formatting.

• Options
    Lollirot2010Lollirot2010 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @TwistedMexican said:
    > EAfan99 wrote: »
    >
    > Are still waiting for a skills cheat?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Skills cheat is here!
    >
    > stats.set_skill_level <skilltype> 1-10
    >
    > skilltypes are in two varieties. AdultMajor and Skill. Leaving the Adult off should still allow the command to execute.
    >
    > Types:
    > Major_Fishing
    > Major_Mischief
    > Major_Guitar
    > Major_Reaping?
    > Major_Programming
    > Major_Gardening
    > Major_GourmetCooking
    > Major_Comedy
    > Major_Charisma
    > Major_Writing
    > Major_VideoGaming
    > Major_Violin
    > Major_RocketScience
    > Major_Painting
    > Major_Piano
    > Major_Logic
    > Major_Handiness
    > Major_HomestyleCooking
    >
    > Skill_Child_Social
    > Skill_Child_Motor
    > Skill_Child_Creativity
    > Skill_Fitness
    > Skill_Child_Mental

Question, how do you change just the regular cooking skill they acquired from cooking for 1st time or whatever? I saw the gourmet cooking and thought that was it, but it's a totally different skill that I did not even know existed lol. Now I have noticed you have homestyle cooking as well, but not just regular cooking. Is there a way to edit that? Also what is the difference between regular, homestyle and gourmet? How do you even acquire the homestyle and gourmet regularly if you don't cheat to raise the level?

*EDIT* Nevermind, I added homestyle cooking to my sim and it changes the regular cooking, and once I got him to 5 it popped up saying gourmet cooking was unlocked. Thanks so much for finding all these cheats!
  • Options
    I'm trying to help you with that, actually. Putting all of these in some kind of order anyway. I figure it's the least I can do this thread is beginning to get loooong
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    fizzyyzziffizzyyzzif Posts: 22 Member
    Here's a little helpful cheat..
    I'm sure everyone knows that we can hold ALT for free placement of objects, now without the need of a cheat, but if you still want a little bit of help from the grid, pressing F5 changes object placement from 1/2 tile to 1/4 tile. :)
  • Options
    fizzyyzzif wrote: »
    Here's a little helpful cheat..<br />
    I'm sure everyone knows that we can hold ALT for free placement of objects, now without the need of a cheat, but if you still want a little bit of help from the grid, pressing F5 changes object placement from 1/2 tile to 1/4 tile. :)

Great to know! Thanks for posting.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    [See 1st page for list of cheats]
    Post edited by Hellbiter88 on
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    Just trying to help summarize this forum for you a little bit... appreciate all the work!

Amazing list! I'll refer people here for the meantime lol

Also to address a few things, the e_buff_mood are actually the cowplant_essence_buff, I added them because they are stronger :)

As for the question marks on the Party, it's exactly what it sounds like. You type that command and a ton of people will show up for a party on your lot. They leave after a few sim hours have passed.

• Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Thannks for sharing! Will check these out very soon! :D
  • Options
    k i think i fixed it. i've been so excited just reading this thread i haven't even tested half of these myself :) off i go!
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    MiCi462MiCi462 Posts: 13 New Member
    Just wondering if there was a way to remove a skill from a sim?
  • Options
    MiCi462 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there was a way to remove a skill from a sim?

Not entirely but stats.set_skill_level skillname 1 should effectively do the same thing.

See the list above for skillnames.

• Options
    k i think i fixed it. i've been so excited just reading this thread i haven't even tested half of these myself :) off i go!

Woops, I left off Major_Bartending (Mixology)

• Options
    AlazarRazrAlazarRazr Posts: 120 Member
    @TwistedMexican You are my new best friend!
    I would love to see someone build an object with all of these in menu form.
  • Options
    AlazarRazr wrote: »
    @TwistedMexican You are my new best friend!
    I would love to see someone build an object with all of these in menu form.

That's the plan. As soon as I figure out how to add scripted content :)

• Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    *happy dance* Thanks!!!!!
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    So I found a few more emotional buffs:

Anger
    • feelingangry
    • unfaithful
    Uncomfortable
    • e_buff_uncomfortable
    Embarrassed
    • e_buff_embarrassed
    • peedself

I managed to use the following in order to throw my sim into a state of enragement and ultimately die... but I don't recommend doing it this way because I kept resurrecting him with The Book of Life and he kept dying again on the spot, happened 3 times. Maybe clear all his buffs before Grimmy can reap him if you want to resurrect him in the future?

social_angry
    e_buff_angry
    feelingangry
    unfaithful
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    So I found a few more emotional buffs:

Anger
    • feelingangry
    • unfaithful
    Uncomfortable
    • e_buff_uncomfortable
    Embarrassed
    • e_buff_embarrassed
    • peedself

I managed to use the following in order to throw my sim into a state of enragement and ultimately die... but I don't recommend doing it this way because I kept resurrecting him with The Book of Life and he kept dying again on the spot, happened 3 times. Maybe clear all his buffs before Grimmy can reap him if you want to resurrect him in the future?

social_angry
    e_buff_angry
    feelingangry
    unfaithful

Awesome, if you haven't already please add it to your huge list, I'll probably check there for the bulk of it when I finish.

• Options
    Alright guys, looks like I'm running out of commands. I might be able to pull out a few more but if not, here's my final trick ;)

Make your sim act like a maid!
    They'll behave normally, do everything you tell them to as soon as you tell them, and do whatever they want when you aren't directing them. The difference? The second there's a puddle, a dirty plate, or trash to be taken out, they'll stop their own actions and go fix it.

Turn Maid Behavior on:
    sims.add_buff buff_Role_ServiceNPC_Maid

Turn Maid Behavior off:
    sims.remove_buff buff_Role_ServiceNPC_Maid

• Options
    msbintheremsbinthere Posts: 6 New Member
    can you please put the kids skill cheat example i got the adult skills right but cant do the kids this is what i put stats.set_skill_level_Child_Mental
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top