Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside Contest♥ Winners Announced!

Comments

• Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    @Kgaff I think it stinks to There is a way around though. posting a broken link to a flikr account or something and someone else can post the pics for them. The new measures didnt stop some troll having a disgusting profile pic.
    I look forward to seeing your entry :)
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I have completed my entry and it apparently awaiting approval before it gets posted. :o
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    Entry Form:

Username: walkingstick
    Name of lot: Summer retreat
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8396842

Description: This breezy summer residence has two bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. It has a spacious kitchen/dining room, a living room, a study, and a large conservatory, plus an outside cooking and eating area. There isn't much of a garden but you don't need that when the beach is on your doorstep :D

Pictures (6 max to include front and back view):

Screenshot-36_zps30dc3462.jpg

Screenshot-40_zps16d1c7f5.jpg

Screenshot-12_zps8bec6783.jpg

Screenshot-14_zps08f9f23e.jpg

Screenshot-20_zps9f2f8926.jpg

Screenshot-27_zps4ad03d5f.jpg

Link to further pics/slideshow: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/642475/walkingsticks-builds-new-lot-summer-retreat-p18#latest

Back story (not compulsory):
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    I've just had a look through all the other entries. Awesome stuff! Rec'd and liked them all.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Summer Retreat is a very nice home Walkingstick ! :) Very nice exterior of it! The rooftop tower looks great! The blue open shutter windows look very nice! Very nice outdoors porch patio patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors in the air at the table there. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing in the hanging chair there. Sims will have fun doing star gazing using the telescope from there. The front steps entrance to the house with the way you have placed plants either side of the steps and along the edge of the porch looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice light filed sunroom for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats listening to music from the grand piano whilst the sunlight comes in through the windows, or have fun playing chess there at the window chess table. The boat on the coffee table is a nice touch. Very nice living room. Nice comfortable seats that you have placed there for sims to enjoy sitting chatting, and watching tv together as a family. The butterfly display on the table would be pretty for sims to see when sitting there. Great study room. The shelves on the wall there look great Sims will like sitting at the desk,having a read of a book from the bookcase or using the computer. The patterned blinds there look great. Nice kitchen and dining areas. The patterned floor mat under the dining table looks nice. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them whilst eating at the dining table. The texture and colour of the kitchen counters looks nice. Great bar stool counter. The fruit bowl on the counter is a nice touch for sims to see when cooking meals or sitting on the bar stools. The star clock looks nice on the wall. Nice texture of the kitchen walls. Very nice master bedroom. Nice colour and pattern on the bed. The children's bedroom is great! Nice balloon themed wall pattern that you have used. The boat on the dresser is a nice touch there. Great bunkbed nook.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited August 2014
    whatsociallife
    I thought I would give you a pic of the beach house I made. As I said, it was on a 64x64 lot, so isn't eligible, but you asked for a pic :)
    Seaboard Chateau
    14764294429_ef1c47c5cb_z.jpg

and more pics on my WIP thread
    or My Flickr Album
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    A quick fly-by from me. What gorgeous builds walkingstick and MolliesDollies - very traditional beachy homes. I'd definitely live in either of those :-)
  • Options
    and if anyone has trouble posting pics just link them all to a slideshow for now and add them when you can :)
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    Whatsociallife, just wanted to let you know Walkingsticks Summer retreat cleared my CUSTARD check. Also for anyone wondering, Mollies' Seaboard Chateau did as well. I know she isn't entering, but Since I just had to have it ,too, I checked it. ;)
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    I did an entry for the unlimited part of the comp but I used links from Photobucket and my post has not been approved. Any posts with outside links are subject to approval and no one knows how long that takes. Would it be okay if I redid my entry using just links from my studio? It might get duplicated at some point.
  • Options
    I'm going to try again without the photobucket pics

Entry Form:

Username: Kgaff
    Name of lot: Isla Romantica
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8407946
    Description:Your own private island with a 360 degree view of ocean! This home has wrap around porch with pavilion, 4-bedrooms, 3-baths, upstairs laundry room. The main floor is all open with the kitchen, living and dining rooms. Outside is a pool with a slide and a cocktail patio.
    Pictures (6 max to include front and back view):
    Front
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Back
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Living, dining rooms from open kitchen
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Master bedroom
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Layout first floor
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Layout second floor
    screenshot_original.jpg

Link to further pics/slideshow: at my showcase if it ever gets approved!!

Back story (not compulsory):
  • Options
    Isla Romantica is a very nice home @Kgaff! :) It is great that your build is an island! Great design of and layout of the island! Very nice exterior of the home! The roofing is great! Very nice gazebo style roofing area of the porch! Sims will enjoy doing star gazing using the telescope there. It looks very nice how you have done the front and back steps, and have the flowers either side of the steps! The hanging baskets look nice there. Sims will enjoy sitting out on the seats on the porch in the sea air. Very nice pool area! Sims will enjoy swimming there, or relaxing poolside on the loungers in the sunshine. Very nice outdoors circle sitting area near the trees, for sims to sit and relax on the comfortable seats, enjoying the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living and dining room areas are nice. Nice shades of yellow and blue that you have used. Very nice type of dining seats that you have used for sims to enjoy sitting and eating their meals on. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa having a read of a book from the bookcase, in front of the fire. The fish tank looks nice there for sims to enjoy seeing the fish they have caught. Nice pattern that you have used for the masterbed. The tropical trees wall pattern strip on the wall looks nice, and nice shade of orange you have used for the walls. The pattern on the kitchen flooring looks nicel Great layout of the floors of the house. The porch shutter type windows adds to the nice look of the home.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    I am sorry that you are having problems with your pictures.
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »

Entry Form:

Lovely home Kgaff. I just love the name. Good job!

Patti
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    Ivanna420 wrote: »
    Whatsociallife, just wanted to let you know Walkingsticks Summer retreat cleared my CUSTARD check. Also for anyone wondering, Mollies' Seaboard Chateau did as well. I know she isn't entering, but Since I just had to have it ,too, I checked it. ;)
    Thank you for checking it Ivanna, and for downloading! It was a favorite of mine to build, I hope you love it!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    pchapman wrote: »
    Kgaff wrote: »

Entry Form:

Lovely home Kgaff. I just love the name. Good job!

Patti

Thank you! :D
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    Is there an end date for the competition yet?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Copied and pasted from end of first post on the first page:
    Contest Closing Date is Friday 29th August at 12pm GMT
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    Ah, thank you
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    Mollies, I haven't had the chance to play with it quite yet, but I know I'll love it when I do. As soon as the Surprise party that I'm hosting with ciane has concluded it is my first priorty. ;)

whatsociallife, Kgaff's Isla Romantica has also past the CUSTARD check. :D
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    piglovinggirlpiglovinggirl Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2014
    finishing up furnishing - should have uploaded in the next day or so (assuming no crashes)

really fun, it includes my first attempt at U stairs!
  • Options
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    This needs a little bump!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    wildtessawildtessa Posts: 953 Member
    If my game ever finishes downloading I would love to try and enter!
    Download, save, comment, favorite my new S4 creations! TessaMichele
  • Options
    Hope you get a chance to enter wildtessa!
    Plus many thanks Ivanna420 for being such a star and doing custard checks (*)