Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share

Comments

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited March 2014
    :mrgreen:

Awesome updates all. Sorry I've been busy and stuff.

Wickichick: glad that you are feeling better.

:) I will have an update hopefully later today or tomorrow!
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    Samr883 wrote:
    Can I join? I know some threads have weird rules, and I can't play/post as much as I'd like to. I usually flit through families when I get bored but I wanted to share this one. :P (I'm also really bad at storytelling)

I started a new game in Midnight Hollow and thought I'd try something different. This is Elisif.
    35341nc.jpg

She's a self employed sculptor, painter and inventor. (I regret not getting the toy shop)
    30j07dd.jpg

This is Kyle, a sim she met at Uni.
    5oruo5.jpg

I had no intention of romance for her but they started going out at Uni. After she left, she invited him over to stay where they accidentally got engaged. (Was doing romantic interactions while the game wasn't paused. I didn't cancel in time so just went with it) She returned to Uni to finish her degree and they spent a lot of time together. She returned home and they eventually got married. They quickly became my favourite couple because of how unplanned everything went and how sweet they are. They even get love letters from each other even though they live together.
    206j8qr.jpg

They eventually moved into a bigger house with a garden and had the cutest sim child I've ever had in my game. Her name is Lydia since I was expecting a boy and went with the unintentional Skyrim theme. :wink:
    24kxma8.jpg
    2utqd0k.jpg

Right now they're saving up to own a venue to sell Elisif's creations.

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. All new comers sure are welcome. We do understand not everybody can be on here all the time like wickichick so aptly explained. Joining a thread like this one does require that like she said you participate even in a limited way.

I always say this to those who just pop in and don't really comment or don't try to say something specific about a persons game it doesn't mean as much as opposed to personally commenting on whatever strikes you about a person's story. Remember your game and sharing your game is important for you, because you want others opinions on your hard work. This is no different than anybody else whose game is just as important to them. Not saying by any means that you will do that, just pointing it out so you can see how it would feel if you were to post and be ignored or unappreciated. If you can't read all our stories (which with limited time we understand, just comment on those you find interesting) that will be greatly appreciated.

Hope you become like all of us have a part of this great big slobbery love fest called Play and share lol.

Wickichick is the best forum thread moderator ever. Hope you come back often and most importantly have fun. :mrgreen:

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    Page 112 (cont.)

@LunBeauty - Congratulations to Jelly and Orion on their wedding! I can relate to what you said about moving people out of their home. I had to make the difficult decision to move the Kellermans out into their own home in my game. I'm sure Liam, Cherry, and Lucy will enjoy their new home! Good luck with the Forbidden Fruit. For me, they're sorta a mixed blessing. I'm happy when a Forbidden Fruit plant results in a boy but less happy when it's a girl. That's because male PlantSims can have children the old fashioned way whereas female PlantSims can only have children via a Forbidden Fruit. I wish EA had done that differently. Cute picture of the little hedgehog! Reminds me of Trip and his pet squirrel! As for the wedding pics, they're all quite beautiful! I do wish we had better control over the guests, though. Would make it easier to take pictures. As it goes, we have to hope the guests give us the pictures we need for our stories. And Lucy certainly is a handful! LOL

@Puddinroy - Oh, no! Your puppy is sick. I hope she feels better soon!

Page 113:

@wickichick - I'm loving how Vampuric training is like University! Makes me want to send one of my Sims to University. Anyway, it's nice that Mattie and Pondra struck up a friendship. Is Collin a possible love interest for Mattie?

@Baker9793 - Cute to see the toddlers being potty trained. Looks like a team effort! Nice to see them learning to walk and talk, too! Happy Birthday to Aurora! She aged up well. She certainly enjoys snowboarding!

@TadOlson - Emi and Ami's home is finally getting started! Woot! Must be exciting for them.

@wickichick - It's nice to get some of the backstory on vampurics. The history lesson puts what happened with Tristan Van Gould in a new light. I sorta understood before, but now I know for sure. Interesting bit about the stone mods. Your story has a way of peeling back the layers, revealing a little at a time!

Page 114:

@Colorist40 - I think the tapestry you asked about came with Dragon Valley. At least, that's the first time I recall seeing it in Buy Mode. Thanks for the comment about Malcolm taking Trip to school on his first day. That's something my own father in real life did for each of us.

@wickichick - Oh, wow! Jenna is a looker! Gavon's not bad, for a dude. Maybe Mattie will have her pick of suitors? I guess I've been watching Downton Abbey a little too much! I'm sure Mattie will help Eric out of his shyness. Mattie and Pondra's telepathy lesson made me laugh! Oh, dear! Mattie has fangs! I'm really intrigued by your story.

@LunBeauty - LOL at the burlar! They can be so random at times. And she took a vase. She probably walked past the television in order to take it! Congratulations to Jelly and Orion on their pregnancy! Also congrats on the "birth" of baby Eremurus. You finally have a PlantSim baby! And littlel Sugar sure is cute!

@Achoo89 - I'm looking forward to your update!

@Colorist40 - I feel so bad for Gemma. No one seems to support her in her quest for learning and independence. Everyone tries to mold her the way they want her to be. I feel bad for Betty, too, but in a different way. But I don't feel sorry for Elisia. And Anson better watch out. No way is Gemma gonna tolerate him choosing her future husband!

Page 115:

@wickichick - I see the students are learning telekenisis. And I must say, Eric and Collin are definitely ripped!

@DreamOperator - Yay for your BeeSim! Are you gonna feature him in a story?

@TadOlson - Nice progress on the house. Clever of you to use the voodoo dolls in their studies! I never think to use it.

@LunBeauty - Thanks for the link to the thread about ccmerge files. I've often been tempted to try something like that. I don't have much in the way of package files but I own most of the EA Store. Not sure whether that would help.

Page 116:

@LunBeauty - Congratulations on the birth of little Olivia! She's adorable! Eremurus aged up well. Very nice pictures of your Gift Giving party on Snowflake Day! I'd have one in my game but I amlost always turn off Winter season. Olivia sure is cute! I love it when children are a mixture of their parents' and grandparents' DNA.

Quote Report[Click to report this thread] [Up]

@TadOlson - Nice to see the house coming along!

@and-it-is-on - Thanks for your comments on my Sims' trip to China! It was strange how the pictures came out pretty much how I had hoped they would. I didn't expect Ho Sung Kim to have such a strong reaction, but he did, so I went with it and worked it into the story.

@Zabeth0 - Cool story that Jake is telling to Sun Young! I love how he described having his mind taken over by another witch. Very creative!

@Baker9793 - Tyler Forrest is cool! Looking forward to his story!

Best Regards,
    Nik

P.S. I realize I'm not quite caught up, but my lunch break is over. I gotta go. I'll finish tonight.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited March 2014
    Samr883: Welcome to the thread. :) This by far the best "Share Your Sims Pictures/Stories" thread I've frequented. Everyone is so friendly and insightful. :) Your sims look great! I look forward to reading about them. :D

wickichick: I'm glad they're finally starting to grasp the concept. Compassion does make a true difference. That is the biggest difference between the vampires and the vampurics. The vampurics are compassionate while the vampires are not. Being compassionate is a big factor in humanity. The vampires gave that up when they threw humanity out the window. I'm sorry if I'm not getting the point, but that's what it seems to me.

Zabeth0: Thank you. :) I decided that Olivia will be the last child. If I feel like having another child, then I'll either have them adopt like what's been done during the last few generations, or I'll try to get another plantsim. I'm leaning more towards the adoption though since it's basically a tradition with this family. I'm a little disappointed that Olivia isn't an Imaginary Friend/Human hybrid. Unless that won't show up until she's a child. We'll have to wait and see.

Celiria: I don't blame poor Ky for not wanting to be a part of this life, especially if it involves crime and murder. Both of those things are enough to traumatize anyone no matter who they are.

Nik24X7: Unfortunately, merging files only works for the package type of CC. But from what I know, there is a way you can convert Pack files into Package files. I looked it up, but it's pretty complicated. It really only works for hair, clothing and accessories. It doesn't work for worlds or lots.
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited March 2014
    2s6t5if.jpg

Rafael pulled closed the door and locked it when he saw the cab coming down the street. He got into the cab and looked out the window at the town. He hoped the 'art scene' was more than a small building with a couple of farmers with paint brushes and house paint.

15xpdnt.jpg

Horses were just...walking around...in the snow. Even in the countryside, Russians would have rounded those horses up. They would not be out there in the snow like stray dogs.

2ngcz1h.jpg

Intellectually, he knew he was suffering from culture shock. Unfortunately, knowing that fact did nothing to alleviate it. He was just stuck, annoyed at everything around him. He hoped that he could just find something good enough to warrant all the effort of being here. Art could usually be counted on to help improve his mood.

10cj90y.jpg

Some large cities in America had Russian sections, where he could get kasha or as far as he was concerned decent pancakes, and real coffee.

zl7qbr.jpg

But if he was in Russia, he'd be in a Russian prison or a Russian cemetery, so he assured himself in the quiet of his own brain, that this was, at least for now, better.

2qcgy8o.jpg

If he ever decided that he was okay with being in one of those other two places rather than staying here, he could always go back to Bridgeport and get sold back to Russia. He was still trying to figure out why the Hemlocks were afraid of this small town, but at the moment, it was shielding him from them.

wmnjo6.jpg

Was that a police car behind a donut shop? He had to admit, after having been told all of those jokes in Bridgeport, that was funny.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello everyone. I normally lurk around this thread and read everyone stories in silence mode and I am loving everyone stories so far.

Page 115

@ wickichick: Great Updates and I like your classroom setup and hopefully Mattie and her friends learns everything they need to know to protect themselves from vampires or whatever comes their way. Can't wait for the next update :)

@ DreamOperator: Your bee sim is very nice. I like the antennas

Page 116

@ LunBeauty: What have you done to me? :) I have become addicted to your Kincaid family from the beginning.Eremurus is very cute plant sim toddler Love his haircolor and eyes and Olivia is just adorable can't wait to see more pictures of her. So happy Lyra got married and now is pregnant cant wait to see her baby too.Can't believe that Carina and Jeff broke up after moving in together but Carina is very nice looking so she will be able to find another hot boyfriend soon.Can't wait until the next update:)

@ Nik24X7: So nice to see that Jin-Zhen was able to visit Shang SimLa, China and pay the respect to her birth mother and at the same time meet her brother and step-brother. It's a little sad the reaction of Ho Sung Kim meeting Jin-Zhen for the first time after all he hasn't seen her for a long time even though is understandable that Jin-Zhen reminds him so much of his beloved Hui.At the end I'm glad that everyone got along very well. Great Update!

@ Zabeth0: Great Update :)

@ Baker9793: So sad that Erin Kennedy turned into an elder but Tyler and Holly looks like a nice couple.

@ Mikezumi: Love your family picture, can't believe Lilika is your first made asian sim since she is so pretty. I hope you share more pictures :)

Page 117

@ Samr883: Very nice looking couple and Lydia is a very cute :)

@ wickichick: Great Update :)

@ Celiria: Great Update :)

Page 118

@ Zabeth0: Very nice update :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I've been having freezing issues with my game. My game will work fine for a little while, and then all of a sudden, everything will freeze. The plumbbobs will still move and I can still see the wind blowing the branches of the trees and such. I tried moving my Story Progression mod out of my mods folder to see if maybe that was causing the problem, but unfortunately the game still froze. I don't think it's the Custom Content either because I scanned everything and came back with no corrupt or conflicting files and my game would freeze long before I put custom content into my game. I really don't know what else could be causing it. If it kept crashing, that would be one thing, but the game just freezes completely. I can still hear background noises, but my sims won't move at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    I've been having freezing issues with my game. My game will work fine for a little while, and then all of a sudden, everything will freeze. The plumbbobs will still move and I can still see the wind blowing the branches of the trees and such. I tried moving my Story Progression mod out of my mods folder to see if maybe that was causing the problem, but unfortunately the game still froze. I don't think it's the Custom Content either because I scanned everything and came back with no corrupt or conflicting files and my game would freeze long before I put custom content into my game. I really don't know what else could be causing it. If it kept crashing, that would be one thing, but the game just freezes completely. I can still hear background noises, but my sims won't move at all.

Hello Lunbeaty sorry to read that you are having freezing problems. Im not tech savvy so I doubt I'll be much help. Have you check to see that all your mods are updated, the reason Im asking is because last time my game froze was because one of my mods was not updated and I understand that you scanned everything but does it include also all you sims3packs? I would check everything that got installed preciously before the freezing started. Sorry I can't be much help but I do hope you get it fix soon, Good Luck :)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2014
    Dragonrose69
    Thank you :D Yarrow is not a handful. He's just having a good laugh. All the kids have good traits and there is no friction in the house, although they do have their favourites that they roll wishes for. :D
    I tried going back quite a few pages to see if there was something of yours to comment on. I gave up and started working from the start of the thread instead. Forgive me if the comments I make are no longer applicable because of the time that has elapsed.
    I thought Molly was very pretty and I love the shade of green you chose for her sweater as green is my favourite colour. Duchess is an adorable cat. I am a crazy old cat lady from way back :D

LunBeauty
    Congrats on the birth of Olivia. She makes a sweet toddler. Eremurus is a cutie and Sugar is an adorable kitten :D

wickichick
    I remember when you went to the dentist in September. Good luck with the extraction on Thursday *hugs*

Katiardguez
    Thank you :D I rarely make sims, preferring to breed them, but I had seen so many threads about people trying to make Asian sims and, being half-Japanese myself, decided I should give it a try.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:

Hello Lunbeaty sorry to read that you are having freezing problems. Im not tech savvy so I doubt I'll be much help. Have you check to see that all your mods are updated, the reason Im asking is because last time my game froze was because one of my mods was not updated and I understand that you scanned everything but does it include also all you sims3packs? I would check everything that got installed preciously before the freezing started. Sorry I can't be much help but I do hope you get it fix soon, Good Luck :)

All of my mods are updated to be compatible with my current patch that I have my game updated to. So I don't think that's it. I scan my custom content (packs and packages) daily. Even before I put Custom Content into my game, it would do this. But see, the thing is, whenever my sims were in the University World, I had a little lag, but never complete freezes. It only happened when they were in their home world. First it was with Appaloosa Plains, but I read that there were some issues there, so I moved the family to Dragon Valley. The game worked fine for a little while, but then the same thing started to happen again. I wonder if it's an issue with the world or my save file is getting too big? I just performed a "Save As" recently and removed the last save file that I had before.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    LunBeauty wrote:

All of my mods are updated to be compatible with my current patch that I have my game updated to. So I don't think that's it. I scan my custom content (packs and packages) daily. Even before I put Custom Content into my game, it would do this. But see, the thing is, whenever my sims were in the University World, I had a little lag, but never complete freezes. It only happened when they were in their home world. First it was with Appaloosa Plains, but I read that there were some issues there, so I moved the family to Dragon Valley. The game worked fine for a little while, but then the same thing started to happen again. I wonder if it's an issue with the world or my save file is getting too big? I just performed a "Save As" recently and removed the last save file that I had before.

Do you have Savecleaner? Here is the link:
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2012/11/save-cleaner-by-kuree.html

It might help you with your saves
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty
    I would definitely look into Savecleaner. Traveling of any kind, including Uni, really blows up the size of the file. I am no expert on this stuff since I have very few EPs and am patched back before Generations, but I do use mods. Occasionally I will get freezing (though not very often) and it's usually because a sim has got stuck somewhere or on aging up. I am in the habit of resetting all objects in town using MC every now and then. It might be worth a try.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I just tried it. I'm going to go into my game later to see if it helped. I use MC to reset the town daily, but just to be on the safe side, I'll do another reset everything when I get into my game. If this helps my game, I will be forever thankful to the both of you. :) But my save went from around 668 MB to 456 MB. So that should make a big difference, hopefully. :)
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    edited March 2014
    All the custom-memories on my profile/studio are basically photos, feel free to check them out. I do pay a lot of attention to detail. Lol... It's OCD.
    TBImXnt.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    I just tried it. I'm going to go into my game later to see if it helped. I use MC to reset the town daily, but just to be on the safe side, I'll do another reset everything when I get into my game. If this helps my game, I will be forever thankful to the both of you. :) But my save went from around 668 MB to 456 MB. So that should make a big difference, hopefully. :)

Have you also tried nraas overwatch? I use it because it helps me with stuck sims, missing toddlers, turning all inactive stereos and tv. Also it deletes all the extra cars that inactive sims uses for no special reason. The only thing is that at 3am it will freeze the game for few seconds to go through the process but imo its worth it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:

Have you also tried nraas overwatch? I use it because it helps me with stuck sims, missing toddlers, turning all inactive stereos and tv. Also it deletes all the extra cars that inactive sims uses for no special reason. The only thing is that at 3am it will freeze the game for few seconds to go through the process but imo its worth it.
    I also could not live without Overwatch! Some saves are not so bad and only 50 or so cars will be removed each night, but some saves it seems that every man and his dog is spawning cars and hundreds of cars will be removed :shock:
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited March 2014
    :mrgreen:

Mikezumi
    Love Sorrel! Cute kids.

LunBeauty
    Olivia is a cutie. So is your plant baby! Love the hair!

Baker9793
    Great start on your legacy.

Wickichick
    I love the classroom. I hope you feel better on Thursday.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Mikezumi wrote:
    LunBeauty wrote:

I also could not live without Overwatch! Some saves are not so bad and only 50 or so cars will be removed each night, but some saves it seems that every man and his dog is spawning cars and hundreds of cars will be removed :shock:

Here's a list of the following Nraas Mods that I have:
    Master Controller
    Story Progression
    Overwatch
    Error Trap
    Woohooer
    Traveller
    Go Here
    Traffic
    Decensor

I think that's about it. I have Story Progression set to Blood only.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Celiria: Wanting to hear it from her own mouth instead of a letter was a good detail, it rang as very real to me. :D Well, dying your hair, getting a tattoo and trying to run away aren't unheard of for teenagers, though not everyone has her reasons. I really love that pick with her at the table (I don't want to get used to it!) with her eyes half closed and her hands curled up, it really gave good emphasis to the depth of her feelings. :D

Samr883: Lol, adorable. (In my opinion that's good lighting for the subject matter, and I like the shadow of her hair against her cheek, though I can't really tell you why...I just think that the monsterous cow plant is better in the lower lighting, and the fearlessness of a child not yet afraid of monsters shows through.)

Nik: Thanks :D That was actually one of the Jake using magic frames I've been waiting to roll out :D He looks like he's loving a strawberry sundae or something :D This is one of the screenshots I can see being silly out of context with. :D But I'm glad I got to use it in the 'real' story first lol. :D At least my game has lasted that long :D. Gosh, by the time I get you out of the flashback, you'll probably be thinking 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is annoying lol. :D

LunBeauty: Hmm, you'll have to let us know if she gets super IF hybrid powers :D I like family traditions, it's pretty cool :D In Sims 2, I had a family whose family tradition turned out that every single child in that family would go on vacation and rake the zen gardens and find the ninja and learn teleportation. :D It's really fun to have a family tradition your sim passes on to every generation. :D But I can understand if you have a sim that cute that captures the features of three generations, plus you have a plantsim to explore, and you got the wished for baby the first time :D

Whew, I am so glad there are technologically proficient people around here to help out, and I hope you don't mind me listening in :D

Katiardguez: Hiya :D Thanks. :D

• Options
    edited March 2014
    zabeth
    Interesting pic of the ghosts at the graveyard! My houses get quite full of ghosts after several generations have passed. I really enjoy watching what the ghosts get up to when they visit :D

Puddinroy
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:
    LunBeauty wrote:

Here's a list of the following Nraas Mods that I have:
    Master Controller
    Story Progression
    Overwatch
    Error Trap
    Woohooer
    Traveller
    Go Here
    Traffic
    Decensor

I think that's about it. I have Story Progression set to Blood only.

Also check the overwatch settings by going into town view and click on city hall-nraas-overwatch and select "Setting" and make sure from top to bottom #22 which should be "reset check" and #27 "stuck check" I have them both set to true. If I remember anything else that might help you at least a little bit I'll let you know.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited March 2014
    This isn't related to my Black Rose story, just a side thing I have been fiddling with.

Since computer issues caused me to lose a bunch of my sim files including saves, stored sims, households and other things I decided to recreate my original sim.

celiria-rose-2.jpg

This is Celiria Rose. Many of you probably won't recognize her but I did a christmas special with her and a bunch of my old story characters. I finally got her recreated based on the old pictures I had and figured I would post for people to see.

Also just to note while the character shares my user name and I would consider her the closest I will ever get to a sim self we actually look nothing alike in categories like hair color, eye color, gender, and the fact that she is a hell of a lot prettier than I am :P

I also apologize for being so slow about commenting, I will try to get comments done tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Mikezumi: Thanks :D Ghosts can be very funny in this game. :D
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey everybody grrr I still have a few more pics before I can upload my Shrek, but I guarantee it is almost done and will be up I promise tomorrow. I have never had to work this hard for an update, but I hope you guys will like it. It is a little longer than I like, but hope it won't turn you all off lol.

Comments will come tomorrow as I was busy today, and wanted to get my pics uploaded to tiny pic etc.

By the way anybody notice in my studio now how you can delete multiple things now? How cool is this? I love it.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    Zabeth0 Great update and thanks for the comment.
    Mikezumi Great picture!
    Samr883 Hi there and welcome! Great pictures!
    wickichick Great update!
    GBA91101Nver4get Great written update!
    Celiria Great update!
    and-it-is-on Thanks for the comment.
    Baker9793 Thanks for the comment.
    Dragonrose69 Thanks for the comment.
    Nik24X7 Thanks for the comments.
    LunBeauty I hope your game isn't freezing because of an overheated computer since it happened to me before I sent it to the repair shop.I've got over 45 NRaas Mod package files and rabbit hole rugs and almost no lag at all.
    Katierdguez Hi there!
    PeterTheSims3 Hi there!
    Puddinroy Hi there!
    Colorist40 Hi there!I really enjoy reading about the game you post here though it looks like those kids are in a harmful situation.I hope it changes for the better soon or they get removed from there.They'll get hurt badly if they stay.
    I'll have to post my update a bit later.I forgot to upload the pictures.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top