Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    MatriarchMatriarch Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2013
    It has been stated that the world requires IP, will it include divelots? I know scuba diving doesn't really fit the theme but its such a lovely world I'd like to put all my fairytale princesses here including Ariel.
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Matriarch, thank you for stopping by.
    We intend to place dive lots in our world, the type of clothes and objects chosen by EA for scuba diving might not fit very well with the theme, but the first official diving bell was created in 16th century.
    If we want to set our world in the time line we can say that it fits in the last period of middle ages, 15th century, for many reasons according to the type of constructions we are doing, and so scuba diving is not as absurd as it might seem :D

Your fairytale princesses will be gladly welcomed in Côtes d'Ambonnay :) We also have some ideas including fairytale's theme specially in Beauhairnais, the center island, that we'll talk about later when we start working on it.
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited October 2013

^^ To add to that, the Japanese have been diving for pearls for two thousand years and even though they did not use SCUBA, the concept of diving is nothing new. Also, who knows how long people have been diving for abalone which is so delicious it makes my mouth water, just thinking about it. :mrgreen:

LOL@ how EA will dress our divers.
  • Options
    MatriarchMatriarch Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the prompt and informative replies :D My daughters and I have been eagerly watching this world and can't wait to make it our Happily Ever After home.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You're welcome, Matriarch. :mrgreen:

I have to share this little beauty. Today is xSorcier's birthday and his sister was sweet enough to create this most special birthday cake for him. Many thanks to her for allowing me to post this picture and I wish her the best of luck in her culinary pursuits! You are welcome to visit her Creamy Cakes Blog which is easily translated by Google.

Happy Birthday, dear friend! Who said you can't have cake and eat it too? :wink:

Levi%2527s+27th+Birthday+Cake+by+Marisa.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you very much Reach ;) I'm having a great day with my family.

Matriarch, I'm very glad to know that you are enjoying our world along with your daughters.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2013
    Beautiful.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited October 2013
    Happy Birthday, xSorcier, and Muitos Parabéns!

parabens1.gif
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am in complete awe. this world is stunning. Bookmarking it for sure.
    xSorcier I hope you have a wonderful Birthday.
    I am so glad I have all the EPS and store worlds. I too, have never enjoyed ST, and I bought the store worlds for the stuff, tho have enjoyed the midevil world.
    What is CFE?
    Please tell me you are not using rugs. I don't use any mods or CC. Just had an anooying experience with the notorious "Arezzo bathroom counter,Left". discovered it when I tried to upload the newest version of my Kiana Arribadiba. Had to get a reminder from Reggie on how to get rid of it which I did so Kiana is CC free. I have no idea where I got that piece of CC. :(
    I can hardly wait for this beautiful world, each building is a work of art. I understand tho that since this is a work of art you will have to take your time and also do rl stuff. :D If you decide you need testers I raise my hand to volunteer.
    Love the idea of the haunted forest too, perfect place for one of my vampires. :D guess I am going to have to buy Grims ghastly Manor. At least it is on sale.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks, Samiam and Rukaya! :mrgreen:

Rukaya, no Jynx rugs, nor 3PCC doors are used. No mods. To reiterate the OP, the world includes no 3PCC (third party custom content) but xSorcier and I are personally using two items for ourselves, a working clock and small clock tower roof made by Cyclonesue. These two items are free and for those who wish to use them, they can be found here: Clock Tower Roof Top - 2 Tile and Tower Clock - Large. For those who do not wish to add them to their game, we will add a small roof to the tiny tower on the lot called The Docks at Côtes d'Ambonnay, pictured here.

So again, we are using no mods, no 3PCC, no Jynx rugs/doors.

We are using all EPs (EXCEPT ST and ITF, as noted in the OP), a few things from a couple SPs, a handful of store worlds for their content and rabbit holes and a bunch of store content that works for the world because that's why we bought the stuff, to begin with.

And I sympathize with you over the Arezzo door fiasco. *sigh* It attached itself to a new world a few months ago but fortunately I always use CUSTARD and I was able to alert the world builder before it was uploaded to the Exchange. (He didn't know where it came from either.)

We'd be honored to have you help test our world when we are ready. Thanks so much for offering to help!

CFE stands for Constrain Floor Elevation which is a code used for unlocking a restriction in build mode. We may use it to build a crane for loading boats on the docks.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Samiam and Rukaya! Thank you very much for your wishes and gifts :D I did have a great day!
    Rukaya, thank you also for stopping by and for giving your support and help, I'm really happy you like our work.

Hugs for you both
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2013
    Happy Birthday Sorcier!! happy-birthday.gif
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love the new pics! It is all so intriguing :D

Happy Birthday xSorcier!
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited October 2013
    That is such an awesome cake! Your family sounds wonderful xsorcier!

Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you DarkMirage, Aminovas and Zach! That cake was delicious :D
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited October 2013
    You are welcome xSorcier, and I think it would be so much fun to test this awesome world, get to play in it first thing. :D
    Reachsim thank you for the info, sometimes I am a little dim when it comes to all the terms. :?
    Again I find this world amazing. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited October 2013
    Happy (Belated) Birthday, xSorcier! Hope it was a great one!

And seriously, I have no desire to get IP, especially as I've heard of many people having some serious problems with it.......BUT, I may indeed break down and get it, once your world is ready and released, because I sooooooo want to be able to play it! Please keep the updates and pictures of your WIP, coming!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi Serendipity, thank you very much :)
    We've working every single day on this project and we are preparing some new pics to show you soon how Sarlat is looking like.
  • Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 2013
    Happy belated birthday, xSorcier. Looking forward to the new pics.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Starsaphire :) you'll have some news today ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sarlat is finished!

An overview of the city shows our successful incorporation of three of EA's rabbit holes whose lots we have decorated moderately.

Screenshot-60.jpg

Some of our builds...

Screenshot-52.jpg

Peeking through two houses, we see a tiny and intimate central park.

Screenshot-53.jpg

The French are famous for their outside eateries.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-KPRr5ftkQQQ/UmvkNEE9ccI/AAAAAAAABgg/vbstJaN5lZw/w700-h395-no/Screenshot-55.jpg[/img]

A glimpse of something which will be left as a surprise for later...

Screenshot-57.jpg

Here we have on the left Sarlat's own church, converted to a museum, the old winery on the right and in the middle a peek at Golde's Antiques and Tiny Treasures.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-DlJlGe9CPMg/UmvkKTyubSI/AAAAAAAABgI/gnwBi3URK_o/w700-h395-no/Screenshot-51.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh my word! Reach and XSorcier, Sarlat is stunningly beautifully and looks very much like the real Sarlat-la-Canéda. You have included so many exquisite details. You have done an amazing job of capturing the essence of an old French market town - as if you picked up the prettiest section of a real world village and somehow inserted it into the Sims. I have a strong feeling that this will end up being my favorite world.

*sniffs, sighs and dabs away tears of joy*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you so very much, Sam! We are most grateful for the comments and the support. Côtes d'Ambonnay is my favorite world already and I think we are only about one third of our way through this project. (That's my best guess - xSorcier's opinion might differ on that.) xSorcier is currently on vacation so we are building all day, every day for the most part, because the holidays are coming and our other obligations will slow down progress on the world until New Year's. Check your messages? *HUGS*

To those who follow the progress, as promised, something is coming your way, in a few hours... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    aarcher22aarcher22 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2013
    MAMA! I love your guys world!!! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you, Sweetheart! wub.gif

As promised...

Golde's Antiques and Tiny Treasures - Fully furnished with changing decor for all four seasons
    Antique Shop Shell - Unfurnished for your own use

The only antique shop in town, we specialize in antique clocks and exquisite mirrors. Visit our toy workshop and try your hand at creating play things for your little ones. Seasonal special sales can be found year round so be sure to drop in often. Build by xSocier, decor by Reach for Côtes d'Ambonnay - our French Medieval World but you are welcome to make use of this in your own world right now.

As a nice asset to your own game, Golde's Antiques sells the Multitab year round. The NPCs will buy the Multitab which will result in a town with plenty of skilled sims.

Includes the Seasonal Lot Marker and lots of store content but no 3PCC. CUSTARD clean. Brought to you from xSorcier and Reach, 10/2013. Thank you for your support, and we also appreciate the recs! There are more pictures on the uploads. :D

Our little store...

Golde%2527s+Antiques+in+Summer.jpg

xSorcier is shopping and stops for a complimentary latte.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-j7MOxGGXBlg/UmwabCay-DI/AAAAAAAAAXY/iIiwiLazR8w/w700-h436-no/Golde%2527s+Antiques+specializes+in+clocks+and+mirrors.jpg[/img]

Try your hand at making toys in our toy workshop?

Golde%2527s+Antiques+includes+a+toy+workshop.jpg
    Post edited by Reachsims on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top