Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited October 2013
    ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! It makes me so happy that you two are making a world!
  • conoJasconoJas Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    Beautiful world!!
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2013
    Beautiful! Bookmarking this and hoping to see more! ^_^
  • RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi xSorcier and Reachsims,

I just wanted to add my compliments with everyone else. Your world looks wonderful! :D
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited October 2013
    And I'll echo that. :mrgreen:

It looks so wonderful! A really unique and beautiful theme. Bookmarking this for sure!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2013
    Astounding! Left me so awed I lack the words to further express myself. Just awe inspiringly beautiful.

When can I move in? I mean me, the heck with the sims....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited October 2013
    It all looks so wonderful.
  • xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi guys! I must say thank you to everyone for your support, your words have been AMAZING! I'm so touched by all the responses we are getting that I'm almost ready to cry...

So as Reach said, let's keep things interesting :)

As a resident of Armagnac, I would rather live at the Boulanger's House. Boulanger means baker and you must know that along with some other things, the French are famous for their bread. The typical French household buys fresh bread every day so bread is a very important thing to the French. :D

As for this Baker's House, there are two bedrooms and the great Wood Fire Oven in a comfortable and simple kitchen. This home is a nice size for the young family and costs less than $40K.

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-79.jpg
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am so excited for this world. It looks wonderful! I will be eagerly watching your progress.
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 2013
    I loved the look of this world so much that I went ahead and purchased MH, just to have the RHs for this world. The idea of a couple of small rustic villages spaced a goodly distance from each other is brilliant. It truly gives the feeling of a medieval time and place. And if there are empty lots (of varying sizes) tucked away here and there between the villages, it would be ideal for my type of play! Of course, this might not be your vision and if not, I'll still enjoy your beautiful and creative world. Guess I'll go and check out MH now that I have it. :D

edited October 2013
    I think that everyone has a vision of paradise, and that you've replicated that vision for a lot of people.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    This looks absolutely amazing!! Bookmarking for sure :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited October 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I think that everyone has a vision of paradise, and that you've replicated that vision for a lot of people.

Well said, Zach!

And the Baker's Cottage is super lovely
    edited October 2013
    Zach, I'm amazed with your words! You too Aminovas, your support, from both of you guys, means a lot to me :)

Also Thank you GreenCats and Clayworld, we'll be posting news every day to let you know more about Côtes d'Ambonnay.

:shock: Starsaphire2, I never imagined that someone would buy a Store World just to be able to get this world. It means a lot for us :D Thank you so much for that.

Reach has family in town for the next few days so she hasn't had much time to be on the site but she still is busy at work and we'll hear from her soon.
    edited October 2013
    As we promised here is a picture from another house in the Village of Armagnac. This one is the Carpenter's House. This is one of the many houses that Reach and I have done together. Working as a team, I don't know what to call it, but it's like something magical happens and even though we can get the job done alone, there's something extra special that happens with the builds we do together.
    The carpenter has been busy building a family and so, this little home has four bedrooms, two baths and has room for the baby. Sleeps six comfortably, includes a crib and is modestly furnished for $50K. There's also a workshop out front and a large cellar for further expansion.
    That cellar will come in handy if anymore children come along.

Screenshot-81.jpg

Screenshot-82.jpgScreenshot-85.jpg
  • roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited October 2013
    This is absolutely amazing! All the details! I don't think I need Sims Medieval anymore lol.

Well done, xSorcier and Reach :D
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks again, so very much, to everyone for all the lovely comments. xSorcier and I both expected we might read some nice things here, but we have truly been floored by your response.

It has been so much fun and it's such a privilege to work with my dear friend xSorcier on this project. wub.gif

I thought you might want to see another spot in our rustic, little village. This is the Old Farmstead of Armagnac, another one of our team builds. It sits across the street from our archery range (which includes a small "viewing" area - LOL). While this old farm could be used as a residential lot, it is actually the site for the fall festival during the fall (autumn) season. For that reason, the house is unfurnished with the exception of the bathroom fixtures. For most of the year, however, the lot will look like this. Almost entirely hidden from view, there is a treehouse from Generations in the far back left. If you come for a visit, please tend to the chickens. The cows might need milking as well. I hope you all like it.

The Old Farmstead of Armagnac

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-rv_ujUtATEo/UlLxjZrNWTI/AAAAAAAAAP4/sCnotfhUEv0/w700-h436-no/The+Old+Farmstead.jpg[/img]
    Post edited by Reachsims on
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited October 2013
    *Sigh*
    Pastoral perfection
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 2013
    The carpenters house and the Old Farmstead of Armagnac are both wonderful additions. I can hardly wait to get my hands on this world, I think I am more excited for this world than I was for Dragon Valley. I am having such a hard time not attaching a wish list. :wink:

Will there be another com. lot with a pond for ice-skating for the winter festival?
    I didn't realize that the festival seasons could be divided up between lots. I am floored! :shock:
    edited October 2013
    bump!
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited October 2013
    :!: Good news! As a test, xSorcier temporarily uninstalled the Showtime expansion pack and we are thrilled to report that he was successful at installing and loading Côtes d'Ambonnay without any problems so it looks like the world can be played without Showtime. We have ceased using any more content from this EP. The only thing we feel we might miss if it was removed is the decor object used to build the crane at the docks, near Sarlat. (Then again, we may rebuild that crane using CFE.)

Other news... we are looking into placing a large pond somewhere as we wanted to include a lake fishing spot which would also serve as a frozen pond for ice skating in the winter. Naturally, we'd like this same lot to include the Winter Festival.

@Starsaphire - Feel free to make any suggestions you like. There are surely ideas afloat that xSorcier and I have not yet grabbed hold of. Thanks to everyone for the support! We love our little world. :mrgreen:
    edited October 2013
    Is that farm a community lot or is it a residential lot? It is perfectly gorgeous either way - I am just curious.

Everything you both have made so far is just so perfect beyond words. The Ren Faire will also look fabulous in this world I think.

I definitely look forward to this.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2013
    Reachsims wrote:
    :!: Good news! As a test, xSorcier temporarily uninstalled the Showtime expansion pack and we are thrilled to report that he was successful at installing and loading Côtes d'Ambonnay without any problems so it looks like the world can be played without Showtime. We have ceased using any more content from this EP. The only thing we feel we might miss if it was removed is the decor object used to build the crane at the docks, near Sarlat. (Then again, we may rebuild that crane using CFE.)

Oh, that's wonderful news, and going above and beyond. Thank you so much, on behalf of all of us who really want to play your glorious world, but were lacking that EP.
    Admittedly, on my part, it's my own fault, because I just can't bear to compromise my principles, and condone, by paying money, for what I think was a terrible mistake for the game, by EA, but still.
    Thank you both very much for being so accommodating *hugs*
    I can't wait until its ready!

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited October 2013
    Perfect is a HUGE compliment Reg! I'm very grateful for that.
    The farm is actually a community Lot and will host the Fall festival during Fall.

We are not planning on placing the Ren Fair in the releasing version of this world but we'll have the Archer's Gauntlet in the Archery Range d'Armagnac and the violin will be in some other lots too. But of course, if you'll want to have the venue in the world you'll have an empty lot to do so :)
    edited October 2013
    Excellent - that really is a wonderful place for the festival. Yes I will most likely eventually add the faire - but I always like to try the worlds first as they come. I like to feel what the creator feels and sees when they were building. That way I never add something I may later regret or wished I hadn't. I am aware it is easy to remove - but I just rather not do anything until I am sure anyway. I like to enjoy both of YOUR visions of the world.

Yes I did see the archery things in the garrison I think it was. It looked perfect as everything else so far. That was a marvelous idea.

This world is so exciting - I can feel it in my bones with every new addition. Obviously everyone else does too. I am so glad you two were inspired to create this.

In dreams - I LIVE!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top