Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2018
    Disappointed that sims don't autonomously go indoors into the warm rather than stand in the yard like idiots freezing to death.

Edit: Yes ok "plum" will do fine, lol :D
  • Options
    Katnip264Katnip264 Posts: 68 Member
    I'm loving it so far. There are a few bugs here and there (I don't have mods or cc) but I'm sure that will get patched soon enough. The weather and new activities have added so much more to my current household (I'm on the second generation of my very first legacy challenge). I had been getting a bit bored with them but the weather and calendars and holidays (and events) have added so much fun to it, again. :smile: (On a side note: I was having a bday party for a sim to go from child to teen and one of the elders who was invited died right in the middle of it. The grim reaper came around and stayed the entire party. The best part was it happened during a thunderstorm which the sims were already tense about. NOw they won't stop crying. I wasn't crying. I found it kind of hysterical. :D )
    Simmer since the beginning. Anxiously awaiting Seasons. On Origin--> kitkatcny Happy Simming! B)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Disappointed that sims don't autonomously go indoors into the warm rather than stand in the yard like plum freezing to death.

What are you expecting sims to grow a brain of course they are dumb. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Joey_XuX wrote: »
    What town are you playing that rains in spring?

San Mushino (I can never spell that right)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2018
    I must say, so far, that nothing interests me except the weather from an aestetic point of view, and some of the build things.
    The holidays are meh (it's still too much work to decorate for example. The fact that you have to go into build mode makes me refuse to do it. Same with having to manually buy gifts and flowers instead of them doing it automatically).

So basically so far I look at the weather and enjoy glass ceilings. That's it. By far my most disappointing expansion pack, but then it's one I have never asked for.

edit:
    Since I play on Long lifespan I increased Seasons to 14 days instead of 7. It helps a bit, because i can have at leat one holiday a season without it feeling crowded.
    With only 7 days per season, it feels like having more than one holiday every second season is WAY overcrowded. And imagine having two per season? Your sims would be off work 4 days a week or something!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    onmyown1986onmyown1986 Posts: 149 Member
    I am purely commenting on game content rather than bugs and glitches, as I have experienced some of these, but obviously nobody is going to be happy about those! I feel generally positive, but there are some small niggles, most of which I would really like to see changed in a patch. I like the weather and seasons, and having different holidays. I like the gardening improvements too. I think the beekeeping idea was really good but I think it lacks depth. I'd like to have seen that a bit more detailed, and honey to take longer to produce and require more work etc. Father Winter annoyed me. I love the way he arrived and left, but I hated that he then stayed around as a normal NPC and called me to invite me out for drinks etc. Just no! I also wish Sims automatically changed into their outside clothing when going out in winter and then back to normal when they went inside. The new clothes, hats etc are disappointing. Some are nice but there's not an enormous amount of choice, and most of the hats look awful. I love the calendar but there are a couple of minor ways it could be improved. It would be helpful if you could save holidays you have created so that you can add them easily into calendars in the future -it is a bit irritating to make Easter for example, and then if you want to change the date of it have to re-enter the information, and redo it all for a new household etc, and I also wish it showed when the festivals (spice, geek con etc) are. I really wish that they had made a new neighbourhood, or even just a lot that you could place in any neighbourhood with season related things. I loved that in Sims 3 there was a lot where things like the ice rink and roller skating rink would be depending on the season. I think they really missed a trick not doing that in this expansion - it wouldn't need to be a full festival like in Sims 3, but a community lot containing seasonal related activities that changed depending on season and food carts etc would be much better than rinks randomly spawning, particularly since it is harder to find things in Sims 4 due to the lack of open world. I'd also like specific parties for things like New Year, so you can have an event without guests deciding to leave before the thing you have invited them for happens!
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I’m loving it. It’s fun having different weather effects and customizable holidays to spice up/disrupt my Sims days.
  • Options
    concieconcie Posts: 4 New Member
    > @ParmaViolet87 said:
    > I only played it for an hour last night, but from what I've seen so far I am absolutely smitten by this pack. The scenery is stunning. The features Ive played with are so much fun and I have barely looked at anything! I've only played summer so far and I'm excited to explore more.
    >
    > I'm confident to say this is one of the best packs. Maybe the best of them all? :blush:

I know right! Its gorgeous!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I downloaded it last night but was too tired to actually play it. Looking forward to try it tonight. I'm curious to know how you guys like it so far though! Are you enjoying it?

While I do not have Seasons yet due to a ten month long hiatus I took from the entire Sims franchise I do feel like now I can give The Sims 4 a second chance by someday returning to the series to get my adult Sims naked and in the rain. I don't want my Sims "singing in the rain" I want them "streaking in the rain". Naked weather is about to take a whole new meaning with this Simmer.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Love it. No complaints at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I really enjoy it, couldn't download when I wanted, lost internet, but it's fine started up my house Kyla is romancing Pat though she's still convinced it's a dream as scarecrows don't come to life as she sees it. Yes I know it's Patchy but Pat is better, anyway, I saw there was a season's premiere so I had rotate to a house with a television. She is slowly adding walls and extending her roof it snowed in her house where the roof was missing ha. She saved Marcus and Brant from freezing by asking them to show their cold weather...they got lucky I kind of wanted to see that.

Anyhoo, the Pancakes celebrated first with decorating their tree I gave them a dog and twins Kasey and Tate, their dog Rocco is apparently afraid of everything except the fridge.

Switched to the Goths, I had gotten Bella pregnant so she had Rachelle, the game named her. Mortimer started the decorations while Cassie and Alex watched the premier then she took the tot and Alex to the snow-covered park to play.

Then I found one of my sims in the next house about to die from freezing got the first notification, had to turn up his heat, they just had a baby couldn't let him die either. They are a couple I have played in 2, 3, and four, they always have a boy first but this time they had Elsie, game named her. They are waiting on their second child, the last house was Catarina's had to decorate for her and her family BB in Winter is so pretty.

Okay guess that's it ugh my pics a burning in the folder heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    I love how in the Fall you can hear crows and geese in Willow creek. I had my first Halloween, which was great and I loved it. I only had 3 trick or treaters though. And someone else pointed out an issue that I am also having, the children can only pick between two costumes... yoda and sausage. I know there's a lot more so I'm hoping they fix that.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I love it. My favorite part of any of the Sim series is the gardening aspect, and let's just say I'm tickled pink. 10 new plants, and finally able to do something with all those flowers.

I like that it adds an extra challenge to gardening with the seasonal plants, while adding the weed vacuum to help speed things up a bit. Now that my Sims have plenty of produce in the fridge (other than the new plants) I can do the Sell All and start making more money. Eventually I'm going to move my O'Dourkes to a new farm I placed in Brindleton Bay.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    That's amazing, two days that I play almost the entire day!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2018
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Disappointed that sims don't autonomously go indoors into the warm rather than stand in the yard like plum freezing to death.

LOL mine do the same. I love your avatar btw :lol:

The sounds of Sims playing about in the snow is giving me ASMR :blush:
    Post edited by ParmaViolet87 on
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SophiebrooksSophiebrooks Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having major issues with gameplay. The rain looks beautiful but that’s all I’ve seen becuase the game randomly freezes up and stutters. I removed all of my mods and reduced my graphics and it’s still lagging like crazy. My game used to run super smoothly with the highest everything and mods and now it can’t even function with either of them. Someone help !! And am I the only one ?
  • Options
    Arica69Arica69 Posts: 31 Member
    Does anyone notice that there are a lot of duplicated items that all do the same thing with the description just changed. Can’t show picture look at outdoor lights (pumpkin and tombstone)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's easily the best EP for TS4, there's a very good amount of gameplay and content andit changes a lot of previous EP's.

That being said, holidays are a little repetitive but nothing too crazy.

A lot of bugs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Arica69 wrote: »
    Does anyone notice that there are a lot of duplicated items that all do the same thing with the description just changed. Can’t show picture look at outdoor lights (pumpkin and tombstone)

That's decor stuff -- maybe you don't want the macabre notion of tombstones for your holiday decor, but pumpkins are just fine.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Arica69Arica69 Posts: 31 Member
    Arica69 wrote: »

That's decor stuff -- maybe you don't want the macabre notion of tombstones for your holiday decor, but pumpkins are just fine.

What I was referring to is we paid for it in other stuff packs (spooky and other packs) and we are paying again for the same item that does the same stuff in the Season Expansion. So instead of supplying new items they gave us the same item with just a different name and explanation.

• Options
    Roxy25PRoxy25P Posts: 20 Member
    All was good until the very first snow fall when half the neighborhood froze to death outside my home while jogging...

Glad I'm not the only one noticing that. Just a few moments ago I took my Sim to the Gym to workout and he got interrupted. Don Lothario died from being frozen to death outside of the gym while he was jogging. Now everybody is bawling including my sim who hadn't even met Don yet. I hope this gets patched because I see a lot of sims jogging with tank tops and shorts and they keep freezing their tushies off.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I just got it early this morning and was only able to play for around 30 minutes, long enough to make my Sim, place him on a lot, take his money away and send him collecting. He has a bee hutch, a tent and 3 mushroom plants so far, that's it. I love playing Rags to Riches style! :)

So far it's running great! Much better than I expected since my laptop is basically a toaster. I started in Autumn and when I first began gameplay, the weather was light rain and cool. Cian has the Loves Outdoors trait so he didn't mind the rain at all, even though he was getting soaked. One detail I noticed right away was the splash effect wherever Cian stepped as he ran around the Island in Windenberg, very cool! And I love the sound of the rain, how dark and hazy it looked outside and the transition to Sunny was so realistically gradual. Love that!

I can't comment about any glitches/bugs or what have you yet since I just started playing and haven't experienced much gameplay yet. But, so far, what little I have played has been wonderful, I love it and can't wait to play again later tonight! I hope it's still running well once I get more 'stuff' on the lot and delve more indepth into gameplay.

I did the build a bundle option and also got Parenthood and Backyard Stuff, so I have a TON of new things to discover and play around with. I'm absolutely giddy! \o/
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am enjoying the new EP Seasons, just don't like the bugginess of the game. Hopefully that will get worked out soon. I have no CC/MODS in my game right now because I figured some of the MODs I like would not work. The bugs that I see are sims take forever to get their food, they stall in one place for long periods of time.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Also I know people were saying that it doesn't look like a blizzard during the winter with the little snowflakes, but I just finished having my sim's wedding outside in winter and you can definitely tell it's a blizzard. Visibility becomes horrible to the point that it turns into white out conditions with the backdrop turning completely white and snow falling more heavily. I'm almost surprised my sim's survived through their wedding because the husband was ready to run inside while his wife tried to ply their guests with food and drinks outside on the roof in order to get them to stay.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2018
    So far, I really <3it!
    Yesterday my daughter saw my sad little starter house, felt bad for my Sim, and built me a decent home, for later! :o
    But my Sim needs more money to use it, lol.
    (not wanting to use money cheats with this save)
    While at the jungle vacation, I noticed the puddles when it rained...
    I'm trying to ignore that the steady rain doesn't touch the puddles... :(
    FjSqZCC.png
    But so far, I am really enjoying the rest... :D