Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

Comments

• Options
    Foxley828 Foxley828 Posts: 40 Member
    Alan650111 It was Brindleton Bay where i experienced so many thunderstorms in summer :)
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Didn't do much, yet. Looked through the Build and CAS stuff, realized since my house basically has everything top of the line, I won't use anything, bought a bee coop for the rooftop garden and made a "parody version of Midsummer's Eve"
    (Which is today, IRL, btw!)
    Basically the holiday is everything that people THINK Swedes do:
    Get naked, dance around a fire, get drunk...

So my only experience with the gameplay so far is that boxing for hours in the rain makes you wet.

My big plans for this weekend is a roller skate place.

A few questions:
    1. What type of lot is best for the skating rinks? I am thinking of making a rooftop rollerskate rink in the big city. So Café, Restaurant, Bar, Nightclub, Park...?
    2. All the glass houses? I found the glass roofs, but are there glass walls? I din't see any?

No glass walls, just huge windows that you can place next to each other. I think (I may be wrong) but to use those windows you have to have the medium or extra tall walls.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I haven't seen much of the weather yet but started in Spring and the snow was just clearing. The game runs very smoothly and going to the vet is much improved. I've added a conservatory and my gardening sim is getting tired out planting his plants.

I've just discovered the garden room (with Patchy and the flower arranging stand) and that is very useful so I have stuck it some way from the house so that I can enlarge it later. There are quite a lot of ready made rooms with this pack.

There's so much to do and so little time to do it in.
  • Options
    zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    They did an excellent job on the snow footprints. They appear exactly where the Sims step. That’s an amazing detail.

And the tire treads from the vehicles! It’s pretty awesome.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Buggy but fun.

Reminds me of the trouble when City Living first came out.
  • Options
    HaleStorm87HaleStorm87 Posts: 22 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    After playing around with the camera it really does sound odd how the rain sound just cuts off competently when the camera is indoors vs outside. Its too sudden. The sound inside when it rains should be similar to the rain sound when you zoom out all the way out.

(Sorry for the post, can't seem to edit mine)

It's weird that people are saying they can't hear rain indoors. I was enjoying how I could actually hear it inside. Then again those households both had glass rooves so that could be it!?

I could hear it indoors too, but i was also play with headphones on. I find that you can’t really hear the game unless you have some on. Like I never can hear my dogs paws clicking on the wooden floor until I have headphones on.

I'm using headphones too. Even got the audio setting for headphones turned on. I jacked up the volume on both the game and my headphones but I don't hear any rain when the camera is indoors. I can hear the thunder and lightning good just not the rain.
  • Options
    dokamito154dokamito154 Posts: 8 New Member
    @HaleStorm87 Sometimes, sims can change their outfits automatically in certains weathers. Just like in the livestream, they immediately turn to cold weather outfit when it's snow outside (?). I guess you can change the outfits too in the rain weather to adapt to it.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2018
    Miricha wrote: »
    I haven't played much yet - I started in summer and am only just coming to the end of it. I love the thunderstorms - the lighting and sound is great, so atmospheric. I also like the heatwave visual effect. I've been enjoying just watching the scenery and taking pictures. Brindleton Bay looks so good in the rain.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the other seasons are like, and trying out the Spooky Day holiday I set up.

A minor disappointment so far: the tense moodlet from thunder. I assume this applies to all sims (I'm only playing one at the moment) since there's a reward trait to change that. But not everyone is naturally scared of storms! :( At least there is the reward trait available though... I'll be buying that one quite a lot I think, including for my current sim (she writes spooky stories for a living, why is she scared of thunder?!).

Overall though, I'm enjoying the EP so far :)

Declare your favorite type of weather during chat with other sims and see if that helps. I don't know if it will help or not but just a try.
  • Options
    Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    I want it to rain so I can see my sims using their umbrellas, I also made a new game and my sims are struggling to make money. So yeah that's how my game is going.
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    @HaleStorm87 Sometimes, sims can change their outfits automatically in certains weathers. Just like in the livestream, they immediately turn to cold weather outfit when it's snow outside (?). I guess you can change the outfits too in the rain weather to adapt to it.

Yep. I am still in early spring, and after sundown the sims get dressed for cold weather.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    What town are you playing that rains in spring?
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I started in fall and didn't do much yet, other than seeing rain and going through holidays. I have a bug where sims don't use umbrellas when walking pets in the rain. I sadly haven't encountered a thunderstorm yet 'cause thunder is awesome. The holidays are cool. I love the Sims singing to each other, and they're real songs like Auld Lang Syne.

All in all I've barely done anything. Need to play more.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    So far all I've done is experience a bit of Fall and celebrate one holiday, but I'm really enjoying it :)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I love it the only thing I'm not happy with is that they wear their coats and hats indoors. and there aren't any radiators. other than these two things I love it.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Bugged to high hell.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    I love it! The "Mysterious Weather" is a bit wonky though. In one day, it stormed, then got super hot, and, finally, started to snow...but, that's how the weather can be where I live, so I guess it's realistic ;)

2lmq3wx.png
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I ABSOLUTELY love it!! played 10 hours straight! my back is killing me now haha

-Yarden.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I haven't played very long. 3-4 hours, about four days in the game and I've noticed it's made a lot of things super glitchy.
    The big thing right now is my pets. I've three dogs I'm about to move out because they've gotten too hard to care for. I let all three out, independent trait, and didn't notice until I got an alert one was about to starve to death that they were running circles around the neighborhood and couldn't find their way home. I had to chase down and leash each one to take home.
  • Options
    pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone’s sims get moodlets from the weather? I haven’t played much but I started in summer and sometimes there are heat waves but they’re completely normal.

I’ve only noticed when there’s thunderstorms they get tense but that’s it
  • Options
    SimmerLiamSimmerLiam Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm quite disappointed with the male CAS (especially the hairs) but the pack is amazing so far :smile:
  • Options
    TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    I did not buy it yet (I will wait for a sale and for a moment when I can spend money on games: TS4 is getting very expensive and my finances have been doing pretty bad lately), but judging from what you guys are saying, this will be my favorite expansion so far. Seasons change according to the world? A higher chance of negative emotions? Better gardening, flower arrangement and beekeeping? All of it sounds great!
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    played it during my lunch break and its been great imo. Just what we needed to spice up this game :)
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I love it. Especially that my vampire sims can go out when its cloudy or raining without burning. Very nice touch.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2018
    Started in spring and now I'm at harvestfest. I have to say I haven't been this consumed since Sims 2 which says a lot about the pack. The thing is there are a lot of bugs like a PLUMTON. It really needs some fine tuning but if they work these issues out this pack takes the game to another level. I haven't even touch a lot of stuff. I have just been dealing with holidays and traditions. I hope that I am actually entertained and not going through some new toy phase but it feels very entertaining so far...lol

EDIT:

I wanted to add I love the thermostat. My bills actually increased from 400 to 710 from using it during the summer LOL. It was a bit of a struggle for my not so wealthy and I was happy about it.
  • Options
    LovelyL89LovelyL89 Posts: 2 New Member
    I noticed that electronics left outside, which were fine before the Seasons update, are now constantly on the frtiz (stereo and climbing wall). My Sim (handiness lvl 6) could not keep the items fixed, and neither could the hired repairman.

I believe that the rain and snow will ruin our perfect rooms that contain electronics. Has anyone else noticed this?