Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

Comments

• marisa92388marisa92388 Posts: 7 New Member
    All was good until the very first snow fall when half the neighborhood froze to death outside my home while jogging...
  • RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    Stayed home from work sick today and binged for 8 hours... can’t say I’m proud of that but so far I am absolutely loving it :lol: I’ve gone through summer, fall and just finished up Winterfest!
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    All was good until the very first snow fall when half the neighborhood froze to death outside my home while jogging...

lol! Sounds funny to watch happen
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I’ve played 6ish hours now? The only reason I’m not still on is I did promise my youngest sister she’d get a turn lol I then spent a hour helping her build and change her sim . So far I’ve gone through spring and summer in Windenburg which gets a ton of rain and lightning but of course every time I try to capture the lighting I miss it by a moment! It definitely changes my gaming style a bit. I’m playing on long and I’m playing on speed 1-2 instead of 2-3! My plan is to play each rotating Family for 4 seasons but only let the other played houses age for two alongside the current household. I am loving their reactions to weather and my current family’s little girl is in scouts and one badge away from promoting again.
    The only annoying bugs for me so far are the calendar not letting me plan a future event and the Build/Buy mode lag! I’m loving the seasons and seeing the gradual changes towards the next season is awesome. I don’t know if it’ll last forever but for know I’m definitely enjoying it!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2018
    @BekahSue wrote: »
    I love it! The "Mysterious Weather" is a bit wonky though. In one day, it stormed, then got super hot, and, finally, started to snow...but, that's how the weather can be where I live, so I guess it's realistic ;)

2lmq3wx.png

I think those days are supposed to pretend that another household is using the weather machine :p
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @candy8 wrote: »
    I hate to say this but I am not really impressed I waited a long time for this but it doesn't come up to my expectations as far as the Sim Franchise goes. It really doesn't cut it. I feel that it isn't even as good as Sims 2 now that is really, really bad. I don't even think it is as good as Sims 2. Now I know a lot of players think it is great I dont' know why I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe they never played Sims 2 but that is ok for them. I still think that Sims 3 was the best even if it had a lot of glitches, all I can see with Sims 4 is that they COPIED everything from Sims 3 and just made a few changes here and there. You can think what you like but that is my option I think this is it for me I keep thinking it is going to get better but it never does Stupid me never learn. Curious what Lazy Gamer says he has been playing a long time too, sometimes I think he tries to be kind but doesn't really want to say what he thinks.

I would argue that this pack offers more new content than The Sims 3 Seasons did.

The majority of what you find in The Sims 3 Seasons was available in The Sims 2 accross various packs. Only a small chunk was unique to The Sims 3.

The Sims 4 has very little from The Sims 3 Seasons, and more feels like a return to The Sims 2 content (In-depth Gardening, Flower arranging, Father Winter, Greenhouses not being extra DLC etc, New Years).

The Sims 3 Seasons was in a lot of ways a hybrid between Sims 2 Seasons and Bon Voyage.

The only thing carried over from Sims 3 that was unique to Sims 3 was some of the Holiday names. And 3D weather effects.

Can anyone else think of content in Sims 4 Seasons that was only available in Sims 3 seasons previously? I sure can’t.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

lol! Sounds funny to watch happen

LOL im literally watching a lot of blue people jogging as well. I am really worried some of my played sims may die...lol
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am enjoying some of the gradual effects. I am watching the creek in Willow Creek. Each day it freezes over more. I love it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    RubyDoo wrote: »
    Stayed home from work sick today and binged for 8 hours... can’t say I’m proud of that but so far I am absolutely loving it :lol: I’ve gone through summer, fall and just finished up Winterfest!

Oh wow haha. I played for approx. 8 hours too and all I've seen is fall in BB and in the SM park xD I sort of want to take it all in at once, but I've waited for seasons for so long that I'm really taking my time with this one. Looking forward to the next 8 hours of winter (which, no, hasn't started yet :D)
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    So far it's the only EP for Sims4 that has been able to rival the awesomeness that has been Sims 4 game packs, for me at least. I love the weather. It finally makes me feel like I have a reason to decorate and use all the seasonal decor I got with Spooky Day and the free holiday pack. I've only played fall and winter so far (14 day long seasons, I tell ya), but it's been great aside from the calendar bug I've had.
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    It is enjoyable, for the worlds and households that it works for. It pretty much corrupted my save.
  • JoFCUKJoFCUK Posts: 11 New Member
    I haven't tried much of it if I'm honest. I'm in winter at the moment and all my NPC's keep dying from the cold :-(

I have been visiting one of the community lots in San myshuno, the skye fitness gym, and every NPCS that visits is grey coloured (presumably because they are cold) and if they go t the roof where the basketball court is they die. I would have thought the NPC sims would have been smart enough to change into cold clothing if going outside. Has anyone experienced this? My poor toddler is constantly sad from witnessing everyone dying.
  • WaterCoffeeWineWaterCoffeeWine Posts: 28 Member
    > @Invisibleaes said:
    > The only annoying bugs for me so far are the calendar not letting me plan a future event and the Build/Buy mode lag!

Do you have any mods enabled? If so try turning those off. I heard a streamer mention that mods could prevent you from creating custom events on the calendar. Good luck!
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    So far, I really like it! I played for about 5 hours yesterday and explored winter, spring and the first few days of summer. I've yet to see fall. The pack didn't come without its bugs and glitches, of course, this was to be expected, but they don't mess with my gameplay a whole lot. I love the aesthetics, the graphics, the calendar and the weather forecast.

Some things that bugged me were the lack of holiday icons and tradition options. Don't get me wrong, there are 47 options for the tradition activities, but some of them contradict each other and aren't exactly typical social acitivities that you would expect to see in a holiday event. For instance, there is a "Baking" option, but not a "Cooking" one. Cooking is a fundamental activity of many holidays, at least where I live.

Overall, though, I think it's an amazing EP, probably the best one so far. As a veterinarian in real life, I'm kind of biased when it comes to the Cats and Dogs EP, as I love animals so much and couldn't wait to see them in my beloved game too. Thank you, Sims team, for such a lovely EP!
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I've only played for a few hours after work last night and i've enjoyed it so far. I've been pretty lucky when it comes to bugs and the only thing that's really happened to me is not being able to plan events, and freezing in live mode.

I started in fall as that's has always been my favourite to play and it's visually stunning. Rain ect hasn't made my computer lag which I was a little worried about so i'm very happy. I've enjoyed the holiday traditions and it really lends itself to family play which is what I prefer. Currently playing through 7 day seasons for all 4 and then deciding whether to make them longer or not. I have to say what CAS items we have they have done an amazing job, the textures are stunning.

In summary, a little buggy but so so fun.
  • Mullewap78Mullewap78 Posts: 10 New Member
    I hate this pack so fare - every map is ruined with slobby placed ice/skating cages - the modern ones end up in Windenburg and I have a ice one on my parking lot at Oasis Spring - 3 years of city planning gone because I dont like the "art-style" and the randomness of pop-up-slobby-placement in my world.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    RubyDoo wrote: »

You mean thats not what sick leave is for...? Oh.

:D

SO glad to see everyone satisfied! I feel like this is a first for a TS4 EP. Not seeing many negative opinions yet, and when I do they're pretty constructive. That just makes me want to play sooo much but I'm on a business trip right now so for the next week this forum will have to do in terms of simming fix :(

Can anyone please tell me what are the new recipes? And what do the new food stalls serve? I googled and there doesn't seem to be any specific info about it anywhere yet.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I was on the fence at first, the bugs were irritating me, but the longer I ve played the more I m enjoying it. I loved my custom holiday of bonfire night, I enjoyed Harvestfest too, I love it when they sing together and the arts and crafts that kids make. Only been through fall yet, but I m so glad I ve bought seasons, did nt realise I was missing the weather so much.
  • cokolinocokolino Posts: 5 New Member
    > @CIASimtridge said:
    > I was really looking forward to this pack because I absolutely loved The Sims 3 Seasons. I do enjoy this one, however, I am disappointed that there is no tanning or burning in the sun.

I agree with you, yet I think they gonna add it to the game eventually, and it's gonna be better developed than ever before. Just my opinion. Because look what they got with the Vampires pack, it's better than even before. I think they gonna make something similar to Island Paradise, but better than ever. :D Or maybe I'm just too optimistic :D
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I am very happy with it, improved the game by 100%
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    It's pretty good. I've never been the biggest fan of seasons eps, but this is the best one in the Sims series so far content-wise. Some things still irritate me XD;; like the fact that my Umbrella broke after being 2 seconds in a storm (I'd forgotten that weather was not consistent across worlds and mine had a light drizzle but then I traveled to Brindleton and BOOM a huge thunderstorm UGH). Not even enough time to save it. ; .;
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    > @Invisibleaes said:
    > The only annoying bugs for me so far are the calendar not letting me plan a future event and the Build/Buy mode lag!

Do you have any mods enabled? If so try turning those off. I heard a streamer mention that mods could prevent you from creating custom events on the calendar. Good luck!

Nope, I play mod free till a series is over after a bad Sims 3 experience lol I only do C.C. makeup because I dislike the provided ones.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Love itso far, except Spring and Summer has been nothing but rain no Sun at all. They have had rain to garden, to be in pools and anything else they want to do outside is in the rain because it won't stop, so just turned it off for now for some sunshine.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I'm loving it. I use my sims club to help me fulfill the tasks for holidays. Just wish it would stop raining for once. My sims entire summer was just rain.
  • beckyZOOMbeckyZOOM Posts: 56 Member
    I am actually enjoying so far! You know what would of been cool? A weather reporter career haha!

My only dislike is that i expected more clothing, and those hats are just ugly - Sorry. A huge paddling pool would of been cool too! But tbh, it's great, the weather really does make such a difference to game play.