Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's something that, if not in Seasons, would disappoint you?

Comments

• Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Three things:
    1. If all words experience the same weather (Oasis Springs probably shouldn't experience snow).
    2. No festivals like in TS3. However, I'm not totally expecting to get festivals as TS4 isn't just a copy of TS3.
    3. A lack of activities and moods (A sim wearing a winter coat in the middle of summer should feel uncomfortable, etc.) based on the current weather.

None of these things would be dealbreakers for me, but I would just be kind of bummed if they weren't included.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I'd be disappointed with no way to set the length of Seasons or to control what type of weather happens in each world.

I'd like to see weather separated from Seasons. For example, in some parts of the world at Christmas time, it's hot, so I'd still like to experience the holidays but be able to set what weather I want to happen during said holidays.

Another thing that I would really like to see is summer holidays for kids or the option to have summer holidays for kids.

I also - think kids should have holidays off from school - like Christmas week off, spring Break, and no school during the summer so families can celebrate together instead of trying to cram everything into after school or week-ends - and hopefully parent can get the same days off from work automatically. It rots my sims parents hardly ever have the same days off as their kids do.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd be disappointed if you could not pick the seasons you want in each world and if we did not get a lounge chair, pool slide and a diving board.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    The ability to have 70 degree days, two snowstorms, a full 24 hours of rain, and an ice storm all in the same week without switching seasons. So my sims can experience that just like I did.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    There should be the occasional "snow day" for kids and teens during the winter. What kid doesn't enjoy getting a day off from school? They could get an extra moodlet and even look for "school cancellations" on tv or radio. (maybe even get a sad moodlet if they see school is not cancelled) That's something I would really enjoy seeing.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'd like the Seasons to happen in all the worlds and I want snow to be included.

I don't care much about holidays, festivals, traits, etc. It won't make or break the pack for me. Customizing seasons would be great, but it's something I could live without if the rest of the content interests me.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So many are asking for the ability to regulate the season length and that they would be disappointed without that. Is this something we have ever had in a sims game? Personally I doubt we'd get toggles so not setting myself up for that sort of disappointment.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    So many are asking for the ability to regulate the season length and that they would be disappointed without that. Is this something we have ever had in a sims game? Personally I doubt we'd get toggles so not setting myself up for that sort of disappointment.

It will most likely be modable anyway, so while choosing seasons length would be convenient, it wouldn't be game breaking for me if we can't in the settings.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    If snow and rain were just fake animated wallpaper - with no puddles, storms. blizzards with different snow levels. even like there to be flooding (but thats unlikely)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    If Seasons EP isn't released ?

Hmmm... I won't be disappointed because I expect nothing from EA but TS4 will be less interesting.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I would be disappointed if I cannot set seasons per world. I also want to have control of the length of season. I wouldn't even mind an option to manually change the season. I have a long rotation and I don't want the season to change until I finish my rotation of sims. I want all of my Sims to experience spring, summer, fall and winter at the same time.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Yes, we had this and the ability to control which seasons were happening (you could set your world to just have summer and fall for example).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I think I would be disappointed if there weren't any new deaths.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Yes, we had this and the ability to control which seasons were happening (you could set your world to just have summer and fall for example).

I looked into it .. Sims 3 had sliders for it. I didn't play that one so didn't know. Who knows then? I'm thinking more along the lines of Seasons and effects on crops than festivals and climate control. I think one of the gurus has mentioned that toggles aren't something that's possible to implement so kind of applying that here.
    It's weird again I'm lucky because I didn't enjoy the game before this one. Not putting it down. Just saying it's not part of my wants for the game.
    Anyway didn't mean to take it off topic if I did.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    For me it would be the ability to edit/turn off specific seasons per world. So if I only want a world with spring/summer I can. Or a world with fall and winter.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Before it rains, it gets cloudy and a bit darker outside. Or just overal darker days because of a lot of clouds in the sky
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Would be disappointed if the seasons don't affect the duration of the daytime hours. And if this didn't vary between the worlds.

Speaking of worlds, I'd also be disappointed if the climates were exactly the same between all of them.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I would really be disappointed by the weather not being so ''realistic''.

One thing about The Sims 3 Seasons I loved, was the gradual subtile changing weather. For example when it was heavy raining, it also slowly stopped raining instead of just BAM! No rain anymore.

The subtile gradual changes were my favorite about that pack. Also trees slowly losing their leaves in Fall, slowly regaining their leaves in Spring.

And I hope they will manage to modify the backdrops in a way so that they slowly/gradually change with the Weather/Seasons.

Personally I never really liked the whole hot and cold meters. I don't know, it was always a limiting factor for me to take my Sims outside for too long, because of the risk being frozen to death or having a heat stroke.

I also do not really care about festivals. I'd rather have them spending more time at seasonal activities instead.

Another thing I loved is that sometimes it would lightly snow in the first few days of spring. Usually during the night. Or how storms felt stormy and I wanted to keep my sims indoors near a fire.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'd be disappointed if different worlds didn't have different experiences of seasons and weather.

This exactly. I don't want snow or much rain in Oasis Springs, but I'd love it in Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    amandaneun wrote: »
    Assuming we get Seasons at all, of course, and I'm sure we will as it's SEASONS.

I'm sure no one has suuuuuuuper high expectations, but what would you possibly be disappointed by?
    For example, would you be upset if there were no festivals like in TS3? Would you be upset by not being able to choose season length?
    Would you be upset by too few new traits or CAS items? Would you be upset by a lack of holidays such as Spooky Day?

What would disappoint you if not found in the initial EP?

EDIT: This is not a thread meant to encourage complaints, or assumptions about how EA will screw up.
    I'm just curious to know what people really want to see so badly, that they'll be disappointed by its lack of appearance.

For me, personally, I would say festivals and new deaths/illnesses. Perhaps some we've never seen before.
    Death by allergies? I don't know if that was ever a thing.

Maybe something like a "seasonal sadness" or a "seasonal discomfort" :blush:

what would be disappointing?
    the fact that it will be made with the sims 4 :o

which so far expansion packs have been a constant disappointment generally :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    If there was no way to adjust seasons differently for each neighborhood/world.
    If there was a very limited amount of activities/restrictions that are season-related.
    If you could not select a different outfit for each season.
    If we keep getting repetitive boring whims like in C&D

I do have low expectations though... But basically, if there's anything missing from Sims 2 Seasons, I'll be disappointed (I honestly don't remember Seasons in Sims 3).
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd be upset if:

• No Lunar Cycles
    • Snow doesn't accumulate, it's just terrain paint.

that's all that could really make me mad.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    tajanakamentajanakamen Posts: 26 Member
    > @aricarai said:
    > I'd be disappointed with no way to set the length of Seasons or to control what type of weather happens in each world.
    >
    > I'd like to see weather separated from Seasons. For example, in some parts of the world at Christmas time, it's hot, so I'd still like to experience the holidays but be able to set what weather I want to happen during said holidays.
    >
    > Another thing that I would really like to see is summer holidays for kids or the option to have summer holidays for kids.

Yes, please to summer during Christmas! I'd love to recreate my own holiday experiences of swimming, BBQs, running around in togs and shorts instead of having a default Christmas during winter. Snow and warm clothes are not my normal Christmas experience and wouldn't be the normal experience for most of my sims.

And the summer holidays thing would be fun- plus, it would give you some extra time to work on skills and have play dates with other kids!
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I would be disappointed if I couldn't choose different seasons for different worlds.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I'd like to see weather separated from Seasons. For example, in some parts of the world at Christmas time, it's hot, so I'd still like to experience the holidays but be able to set what weather I want to happen during said holidays.

Another thing that I would really like to see is summer holidays for kids or the option to have summer holidays for kids.

Yep. Christmas is near the start of the summer holidays here in Australia.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I also - think kids should have holidays off from school - like Christmas week off
    Only a week? :o
    :p

spring Break
    .... There's four main breaks per year down here.
    and hopefully parent can get the same days off from work automatically. It rots my sims parents hardly ever have the same days off as their kids do.
    It'd be nice for sims to be able to book xyz break off work, in advance.

I think term breaks for sims only make sense if you have ageing off, otherwise, your toddler ages up at the start of the break, and is a teen by the end of it. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif