Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to get My First Pet Stuff??

HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member

Are you going to get My First Pet Stuff?? 313 votes

I guess....
6%
Sims2girl211TheLibrarySimBeardedgeekmock68SimsayCDDaemonPawsShaddBoimimizoutegarapoesasouthernwriterkappowanClaimingTheFifthsummertaffy68ToreshinboCupcakeViolenceLunarKatriGamingTweetyHeyitsmesierraTTNsimmerkurthummel900 21 votes
Yes!
23%
auroraael14poeticnebulaPallystyleIcewolftobumonFeenkittyJasealan650111BlkBarbiegalAngel_mixSimMommy05Writin_RegPugLove888BrokenChaos69happysimmer2007Klthfkokoro80simgirl1010DJQ1308cchant86 75 votes
Ugh no
53%
knazzericmnfrshGRIMMYBreeSashaMstybl95Goth583jeepjeepcatOmri147AndreaTheHeromissmani09MrsTomato1018SimpatsyannKelleygirlJanlMidianasimbsimNihmoMikeytKartaiCynna 167 votes
I don’t know yet
15%
GoldmoldarMartinvColorist40simm621kemiszAnmirlaCherryrose_xSjofnKaeChan2089KLAlexiseizelbyj3n1ynmuseman98Cellini2point0Sonata13SingerlovesstormsXxAirixXBMSOcheifeagleeyecatmando830 50 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes!
    Yup. Getting a few extras for friends too. Just wish it'd hurry up and get here already. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes!
    Guess it's okay to restart this poll... but there is another one.
    Yup for me too. I'm looking forward to the little critters and the disease... and their secret lives. I like the hair.. especially that female one that I can see paired nicely with a fairy type sim in the future.. not sure why... just looks elven to me. The rest like build buy. I like the aquarium table. The rest is just filler though (for me). I can see using the window couch, the other couches to make hard corner couches and the blinds. The little kid stuff I won't use as much.. maybe that rat/splat rug for grins in almost any eccentric apartment.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    This poll already exists. Can it be combined with the other?
  • Options
    I guess....
    Sorry I figured this already existed but i'm just playing around with the forums and haven't been a member for a long time but I love the sims and this has really helped me!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes!
    Yes I will be purchasing.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes!
    Well yours is worded a little different and it's been a rollercoaster in the last week some people might be flipping around in their choices :D
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Yes!
    This one is slightly different. The other poll is just yes or no without any options for those who are undecided or not as enthusiastic but still might purchase.
  • Options
    Yes!
    I'm glad you're starting fresh, for whatever it matters. People have had more time to really think it over by now. :)
  • Options
    I guess....
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well your's is worded a little different and it's been a rollercoaster in the last week some people might be flipping around in their choices :D

Yes so many people are going back and forth... I totally see where they are coming from but I feel like at the end of the day, most people no matter what they think will probably get it.
  • Options
    I guess....
    Thanks for your helpful thoughts... I know I will get it either way and I am excited about it but I do see where people are coming from... anyone know what time it will be released??
  • Options
    Yes!
    10 am Pacific.
  • Options
    I guess....
    10 am Pacific.
    Thank you!

• Options
    I guess....
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

SimsVIP wrote an article showing how this pack is nothing but mere scraps of content that should have gone right into The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs. It seems to be mostly recolors of meshes already in the game, and expand upon sets of furniture which Cats & Dogs added. The other selling point of the pack is the actual small pet, which is a hamster with numerous recolors. Pass.

I would understand if it actually added a wide variety of new objects (including new meshes) and other small pets such as turtles, birds, expanded functionality for the small critters currently in-game, and more, but this pack is really nothing but recycled content with a fresh coat of paint.

With so many other great games releasing as of late, I simply cannot condone or support The Sims with its current horribly anti-consumer actions. I'll gladly open my wallet for The Sims/EA when it ends this type of shortchanging, and actually expands upon the game/franchise with brand new gameplay, full of depth. Until then, it's absolutely shut tight for 'em.
    I completely see where your coming from and I feel like they are bringing people in since you can match your pets to your sims and for the four rodents that we are receiving. I feel like comparing to laundry day stuff this is a complete bust and we are not getting as much out of it seeming as this was slapped together in an instant. Although this does suck I would be more disappointed if this was a wasted game or expansion pack so at least we get a couple of new things without wasting crappy things on the game and stuff packs. If Seasons is like this when it comes out I will not be happy so I hope that they are putting this energy into betting things like Seasons so that we get the full experience and so that it can come out as great as the past expansions.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Ugh no
    Although this does suck I would be more disappointed if this was a wasted game or expansion pack so at least we get a couple of new things without wasting plum things on the game and stuff packs. If Seasons is like this when it comes out I will not be happy so I hope that they are putting this energy into betting things like Seasons so that we get the full experience and so that it can come out as great as the past expansions.

I really hope so! A Seasons pack holds a lot of potential to breathe some much needed fresh air into this game.
  • Options
    I guess....
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Although this does suck I would be more disappointed if this was a wasted game or expansion pack so at least we get a couple of new things without wasting plum things on the game and stuff packs. If Seasons is like this when it comes out I will not be happy so I hope that they are putting this energy into betting things like Seasons so that we get the full experience and so that it can come out as great as the past expansions.

I really hope so! A Seasons pack holds a lot of potential to breathe some much needed fresh air into this game.
    Haha! yeah thats why im not as mad about this pack... if seasons comes out like this then I will have a problem
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ugh no
    Not ugh no, just no. Apart from the fact I’m not interested in Sims 4 pets in general, I’d never buy it for all the obvious reasons, no need to repeat them. Constantly wondering what I would have been like if they’d pulled this trick for Sims 3. Meaning: I know where those who love the game are coming from and why they will buy it. It’s easy to have principles when you’re not really involved. But I’d never have allowed myself to come up with all the excuses I read over here. A disgrace is a disgrace, also when it hits a game you happen to like.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I guess....
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Not ugh no, just no. Apart from the fact I’m not interested in Sims 4 pets in general, I’d never buy it for all the obvious reasons, no need to repeat them. Constantly wondering what I would have been like if they’d pulled this trick for Sims 3. Meaning: I know where those who love the game are coming from and why they will buy it. It’s easy to have principles when you’re not really involved. But I’d never have allowed myself to come up with all the excuses I read over here. A disgrace is a disgrace, also when it hits a game you happen to like.

completely understand where your coming from

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I was very, very close to voting for No, and to be honest, I probably still won't get it.

I'm intrigued by the apparent disease, and I like the new hair that's been shown. But that's not much to like, all things considered. So, if I'm feeling particularly low at some point, need instant gratification, and the stuff pack is on sale, maybe. Problem being, the stuff packs are so rarely on sale that even if I did choose to buy it, it likely won't be for a very long time.

Add on to the fact that's been mentioned before, that selling DLC that requires an Expansion to get all of the content leaves an awful sour taste in my mouth. :(

Sigh. I just want werewolves.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Yes!
    Monday wrote: »
    I was very, very close to voting for No, and to be honest, I probably still won't get it.

I'm intrigued by the apparent disease, and I like the new hair that's been shown. But that's not much to like, all things considered. So, if I'm feeling particularly low at some point, need instant gratification, and the stuff pack is on sale, maybe. Problem being, the stuff packs are so rarely on sale that even if I did choose to buy it, it likely won't be for a very long time.

Add on to the fact that's been mentioned before, that selling DLC that requires an Expansion to get all of the content leaves an awful sour taste in my mouth. :(

@Monday , I don't know if they will run it again this year, but last year they had a "Summer Sale" (at least in the United States) that included the Stuff Packs. I got a bunch of them that I was missing at that time! <3

Also, I have one question: since you stated that you really want Werewolves and you also stated that that you don't like the idea of selling DLC that requires an expansion to get all the content -- if EA gave us Werewolves but you needed Vampires or another pack to get everything out of it, would you still by it?!? ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I don’t know yet
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    Monday wrote: »

@Monday , I don't know if they will run it again this year, but last year they had a "Summer Sale" (at least in the United States) that included the Stuff Packs. I got a bunch of them that I was missing at that time! <3

Also, I have one question: since you stated that you really want Werewolves and you also stated that that you don't like the idea of selling DLC that requires an expansion to get all the content -- if EA gave us Werewolves but you needed Vampires or another pack to get everything out of it, would you still by it?!? ;)

Ha, yes, actually I think the Summer Sale is why I have almost all of the Stuff Packs that I do, now. I figured it'd be my only chance to go for it, so I did. And, I've been pretty happy with the content I got from them as well, so there you go.

And see, this is where my argument falls apart and it really is all just about preference and how much you like what's being sold. I would likely be all over a werewolf pack offered under those conditions. (Doubly so if it included regular old body hair.) I'll grumble about the methods, but goodbye to what little beautiful money I have.

My kingdom for a werewolf!
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m offended they’re still trying to pass off that 1 hamster as 4 separate small animals. I can’t stress this enough. Absolutely ludicrous.
  • Options
    I guess....
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m offended they’re still trying to pass off that 1 hamster as 4 separate small animals. I can’t stress this enough. Absolutely ludicrous.

Also i don't understand why in build mode they had to make it a different cage for the 4 animals.... like can I just get the cage and choose what rodent I want in it by clicking on it? I think that would be a lot more convenient...
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Yes!
    I collect The Sims -- ever since the original. Yes, I am definitely purchasing! Plus, I like the newer pet additions and the fish coffee table!
  • Options
    I guess....
    I collect The Sims -- ever since the original. Yes, I am definitely purchasing! Plus, I like the newer pet additions and the fish coffee table!

Yes I will defiantly be counting down the minutes... truly I feel like the coffee table will be hard to match just throwing it into your current household, thats the only thing that im worried about with it. I have played the sims 3 on the wii mostly (thats when I got introduced to sims) and now have played ts3 on my computer though I play ts4 on it and love it way more so I haven't really gotten the chance to experience all of those packs from the past games. though I think that they are doing a great job with the sims 4 and will make a lot of players content until moving onto the sims 5 if that comes