Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to get My First Pet Stuff??

Comments

• Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Yes!
    Monday wrote: »
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    I was very, very close to voting for No, and to be honest, I probably still won't get it.

I'm intrigued by the apparent disease, and I like the new hair that's been shown. But that's not much to like, all things considered. So, if I'm feeling particularly low at some point, need instant gratification, and the stuff pack is on sale, maybe. Problem being, the stuff packs are so rarely on sale that even if I did choose to buy it, it likely won't be for a very long time.

Add on to the fact that's been mentioned before, that selling DLC that requires an Expansion to get all of the content leaves an awful sour taste in my mouth. :(

Sigh. I just want werewolves.

@Monday , I don't know if they will run it again this year, but last year they had a "Summer Sale" (at least in the United States) that included the Stuff Packs. I got a bunch of them that I was missing at that time! <3

Also, I have one question: since you stated that you really want Werewolves and you also stated that that you don't like the idea of selling DLC that requires an expansion to get all the content -- if EA gave us Werewolves but you needed Vampires or another pack to get everything out of it, would you still by it?!? ;)

Ha, yes, actually I think the Summer Sale is why I have almost all of the Stuff Packs that I do, now. I figured it'd be my only chance to go for it, so I did. And, I've been pretty happy with the content I got from them as well, so there you go.

And see, this is where my argument falls apart and it really is all just about preference and how much you like what's being sold. I would likely be all over a werewolf pack offered under those conditions. (Doubly so if it included regular old body hair.) I'll grumble about the methods, but goodbye to what little beautiful money I have.

My kingdom for a werewolf!

:D "My kingdom for a werewolf!"!!! <3@Monday Yes, it all depends on if you think it is worth it or not! B)

@ Everybody, I think part of the reason I'm not outraged is that I used to work in retail for many years. So many people would walk into our store (which sold decorative items), and would complain about the prices, but when the shop had to close because we were loosing money, some of those same people complained we were closing! :/:p Yes, this might be a cost cutting measure, but if the way so many people complain about the Sims 4 not being as good as TS3 is any indication, then do you really think TS4 is raking in the dough the way TS3 did? People are complaining about 4 hamster boxes counting as 4 different animals. But many of the small pets in previous versions of the Sims were basically just the same object with the same interactions. ;) I saw online someone was saying that the little desk and chair in this pack were obviously pulled from C&D ... but each pack has to have a limit on how big it can be. It they had left that desk and chair in C&D, then they would have pulled something else out, like the robot vacuum for example. Then if they had made this My First Pet SP and included the robot vacuum in it, none of us would have even known that it was "pulled" from the C&D EP! At least this way is more honest! :) (And that is assuming that the chair and desk were really pulled from the pack. While I'm sure they were, there is no proof that they couldn't have just designed the desk and chair to look like the existing C&D furniture.
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
    I guess....
    I was very, very close to voting for No, and to be honest, I probably still won't get it.

I'm intrigued by the apparent disease, and I like the new hair that's been shown. But that's not much to like, all things considered. So, if I'm feeling particularly low at some point, need instant gratification, and the stuff pack is on sale, maybe. Problem being, the stuff packs are so rarely on sale that even if I did choose to buy it, it likely won't be for a very long time.

Add on to the fact that's been mentioned before, that selling DLC that requires an Expansion to get all of the content leaves an awful sour taste in my mouth. :(

Sigh. I just want werewolves.

@Monday , I don't know if they will run it again this year, but last year they had a "Summer Sale" (at least in the United States) that included the Stuff Packs. I got a bunch of them that I was missing at that time! <3

Also, I have one question: since you stated that you really want Werewolves and you also stated that that you don't like the idea of selling DLC that requires an expansion to get all the content -- if EA gave us Werewolves but you needed Vampires or another pack to get everything out of it, would you still by it?!? ;)

Ha, yes, actually I think the Summer Sale is why I have almost all of the Stuff Packs that I do, now. I figured it'd be my only chance to go for it, so I did. And, I've been pretty happy with the content I got from them as well, so there you go.

And see, this is where my argument falls apart and it really is all just about preference and how much you like what's being sold. I would likely be all over a werewolf pack offered under those conditions. (Doubly so if it included regular old body hair.) I'll grumble about the methods, but goodbye to what little beautiful money I have.

My kingdom for a werewolf!

:D "My kingdom for a werewolf!"!!! <3@Monday Yes, it all depends on if you think it is worth it or not! B)

@ Everybody, I think part of the reason I'm not outraged is that I used to work in retail for many years. So many people would walk into our store (which sold decorative items), and would complain about the prices, but when the shop had to close because we were loosing money, some of those same people complained we were closing! :/:p Yes, this might be a cost cutting measure, but if the way so many people complain about the Sims 4 not being as good as TS3 is any indication, then do you really think TS4 is raking in the dough the way TS3 did? People are complaining about 4 hamster boxes counting as 4 different animals. But many of the small pets in previous versions of the Sims were basically just the same object with the same interactions. ;) I saw online someone was saying that the little desk and chair in this pack were obviously pulled from C&D ... but each pack has to have a limit on how big it can be. It they had left that desk and chair in C&D, then they would have pulled something else out, like the robot vacuum for example. Then if they had made this My First Pet SP and included the robot vacuum in it, none of us would have even known that it was "pulled" from the C&D EP! At least this way is more honest! :) (And that is assuming that the chair and desk were really pulled from the pack. While I'm sure they were, there is no proof that they couldn't have just designed the desk and chair to look like the existing C&D furniture.

Thank you for having good eyes on this. All of the haters are still going to put there money into the pack anyways
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I'll only get it if the next GP is good so I'll buy it as the bundle. That way from the site I buy them from it will be practically free so I won't feel like I've been robbed. If the next GP isn't one for me then it'll remain a no until it goes on a serious sale!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    Yes!
    I'll only get it if the next GP is good so I'll buy it as the bundle. That way from the site I buy them from it will be practically free so I won't feel like I've been robbed. If the next GP isn't one for me then it'll remain a no until it goes on a serious sale!

@Cherryrose_x , that's not a bad idea! B)
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I don’t know yet
    @PugLove888 I figured the next GP will be paired with laundry day and this new pet pack. I can wait and hope the next GP is a good one. ;)
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I guess....
    Yes but not on release... maybe on a sale. This is the first pack I won't be buying on release.
    I've seen it all, and there's only 2 objects I like. The rest I don't care for.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I don’t know yet
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Guess it's okay to restart this poll... but there is another one.
    Yup for me too. I'm looking forward to the little critters and the disease... and their secret lives. I like the hair.. especially that female one that I can see paired nicely with a fairy type sim in the future.. not sure why... just looks elven to me. The rest like build buy. I like the aquarium table. The rest is just filler though (for me). I can see using the window couch, the other couches to make hard corner couches and the blinds. The little kid stuff I won't use as much.. maybe that rat/splat rug for grins in almost any eccentric apartment.

Yes, there is an another but it is an Yes or No and no maybe. so this one fits the bill.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes!
    Yup. Getting a few extras for friends too. Just wish it'd hurry up and get here already. :p

thats nice of you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I guess....
    I will get it but I won't pay for it.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Ugh no
    I love the sims, I have all extensions, gamepacks and small packs, but I will not buy "first pet". I disagree with that kind of pack that will have people paying for items that they will not be able to use unless they buy the C&D extension. That's manipulation, I don't like that. Bad attitude EA.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I don’t know yet
    Maybe,still undecided.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2018
    Sorry I figured this already existed but i'm just playing around with the forums and haven't been a member for a long time but I love the sims and this has really helped me!

No need to apologize. You did nothing wrong. I simply noticed this is the same poll, yes worded slightly different, and wondered if this thread could be combined.

I have no intentions of changing my mind. I will not be purchasing this pack. I'm actually not against SP expanding on EP. Actually I thought this should have been happening all along. Where some SPs are fresh, original concepts and others support EPs. The problem is, aside from a couple costumes/clothes this pack isn't fully expanding on the EP. It's content intentionally kept out of the EP. And saying the reason is because the EP team had to choose between the vet career or completing the rest of the bedroom set? Or providing more than two pet bed options? C&D came with 4 cat condos and not one dog house. This SP adds another cat condo, now 5 are available to cats and still no dog house.

The developers can miss me with that excuse. this SP is poorly executed and the developers should have come with their A game if they wanted buy-in from the players and fan base rather than resistance and backlash. I still enjoy the game, still play the game, still like the gurus as I'm sure they were following instructions from their boss. However, I will not verbally or financially support this pack.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    garapoes wrote: »

34y3ck9.jpg
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Ugh no
    Still not going to purchase this pack. I don't like both bb and CAS content and the rodents are just huge and ugly objects. Yes, there were rodent-objects in TheSims and TheSims2, but they were at least small and cute, and they were a part of big EP, not the main feature of a separate pack ;) So there is nothing in My First Pet pack for me.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Ugh no
    My main reason is it does not include all small caged animals, since it is missing birds and reptiles. Also it is basically recolors of old content and stuff it looks like they orginally should have included in C&D. Personally my first pet was a fancy parakeet.
  • Options
    Yes!
    My main reason is it does not include all small caged animals, since it is missing birds and reptiles. Also it is basically recolors of old content and stuff it looks like they orginally should have included in C&D. Personally my first pet was a fancy parakeet.

I used to have parakeets too! B) I wish they were in this pack! <3
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes!
    Yes, I plan on getting it. I want the fish coffee table, the small critters, and the new disease. Wish some of the new objects and clothes weren't just recolors on already existing objects, though. Although they are really cute and I like them.
    garapoes wrote: »

???
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes!
    For people who aren't buying this pack you're missing out on the round coffee table aquarium and the holiday sweaters for toddlers,children and pets.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes!
    I collect The Sims -- ever since the original. Yes, I am definitely purchasing! Plus, I like the newer pet additions and the fish coffee table!

Yes I will defiantly be counting down the minutes... truly I feel like the coffee table will be hard to match just throwing it into your current household, thats the only thing that im worried about with it. I have played the sims 3 on the wii mostly (thats when I got introduced to sims) and now have played ts3 on my computer though I play ts4 on it and love it way more so I haven't really gotten the chance to experience all of those packs from the past games. though I think that they are doing a great job with the sims 4 and will make a lot of players content until moving onto the sims 5 if that comes

With that coffee table you can use it for seafood restuarents and maybe 1 day if we get marine aquariums in TS4 we could use it for that.
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    I guess....
    Minus well
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Ugh no
    For people who aren't buying this pack you're missing out on the round coffee table aquarium and the holiday sweaters for toddlers,children and pets.

Cat, I admire your unwavering enthusiasm. I hope you enjoy your Stuff pack. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Ugh no
    Looks like the No's are still winning. Glad to see most people aren't falling for EA's gimmicks :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Ugh no

Not missing out. The coffee table is a complete joke. The holiday CAS items can easily be replaced by custom content.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes!
    bixters wrote: »
    Looks like the No's are still winning. Glad to see most people aren't falling for EA's gimmicks :)

Why should you be glad? Let people enjoy what they want. Many people love WoW but I did not and it doesn't affect me in any way if people buy it.
  • Options
    TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    Yes!

I can't wait for it. I buy all the packs and feel I'm getting a good enough value for the little extras it adds to my gameplay and decorating options.