Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Desktop

Comments

• Options
    Daydreamer0215Daydreamer0215 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @james64468 said:
    > Daydreamer0215 wrote: »
    >
    > I am posting here because I am a new member and cannot make my own threads. Anyhow, I was wondering the same thing. Although, I cannot spend thousands of dollars on a desktop/pc. The most I could spend is honestly $500 dollars. Does anyone know of a pc that would provide decent graphics, minor lag, and allow me to use cc and mods for that price? (This is my first time buying a pc so I don't know what to look for or where to start).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Right now It kinda hard. If you said 800.00 I could find one. Is this USA?

Yes, it is for USA. I mean, I have been looking at desktops at stores, but I am not sure if they are good or bad. I cannot post links sadly.

I do have their names though.

CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA3120W Gaming Desktop PC with AMD FX-4300 Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive (Monitor Not Included)

iBUYPOWER WA563GT2 Gaming Desktop PC With AMD FX-6300, GT1030 2GB, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR3, and Window 10 Home (Monitor Not Included)

Are either of those okay? Thanks for helping me though.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    > @james64468 said:
    >
    > I am posting here because I am a new member and cannot make my own threads. Anyhow, I was wondering the same thing. Although, I cannot spend thousands of dollars on a desktop/pc. The most I could spend is honestly $500 dollars. Does anyone know of a pc that would provide decent graphics, minor lag, and allow me to use cc and mods for that price? (This is my first time buying a pc so I don't know what to look for or where to start).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Right now It kinda hard. If you said 800.00 I could find one. Is this USA?

Yes, it is for USA. I mean, I have been looking at desktops at stores, but I am not sure if they are good or bad. I cannot post links sadly.

I do have their names though.

CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA3120W Gaming Desktop PC with AMD FX-4300 Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive (Monitor Not Included)

iBUYPOWER WA563GT2 Gaming Desktop PC With AMD FX-6300, GT1030 2GB, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR3, and Window 10 Home (Monitor Not Included)

Are either of those okay? Thanks for helping me though.

I wouldn't do either. Fx processors are weaker on ipc than Current gen processors from AMD and Intel. It be better to save up 800.00. Let me bring someone a lot more knowledgeable in this conversation. @chesterbigbird
  • Options
    > @james64468 said:
    >
    > > @james64468 said:
    > > Daydreamer0215 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I am posting here because I am a new member and cannot make my own threads. Anyhow, I was wondering the same thing. Although, I cannot spend thousands of dollars on a desktop/pc. The most I could spend is honestly $500 dollars. Does anyone know of a pc that would provide decent graphics, minor lag, and allow me to use cc and mods for that price? (This is my first time buying a pc so I don't know what to look for or where to start).
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Right now It kinda hard. If you said 800.00 I could find one. Is this USA?
    >
    > Yes, it is for USA. I mean, I have been looking at desktops at stores, but I am not sure if they are good or bad. I cannot post links sadly.
    >
    > I do have their names though.
    >
    > CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA3120W Gaming Desktop PC with AMD FX-4300 Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive (Monitor Not Included)
    >
    > iBUYPOWER WA563GT2 Gaming Desktop PC With AMD FX-6300, GT1030 2GB, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR3, and Window 10 Home (Monitor Not Included)
    >
    > Are either of those okay? Thanks for helping me though.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wouldn't do either. Fx processors are weaker on ipc than Current gen processors from AMD and Intel. It be better to save up 800.00. Let me bring someone a lot more knowledgeable in this conversation. @chesterbigbird

I mean, I could do the $800, but I was needing to purchase a monitor. I have a $900 budget, but I was needing to purchase a monitor. :neutral:
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    > @Daydreamer0215
    > I wouldn't do either of those, They are fairly weak.
    > You can get a monitor for around $100 depending on what size you were after.
    > This is one i do recommend for Quality
    > It will play the game well and comes with no generic parts.
    > Budget Monitor

Okay, thanks! I looked at the monitor and I actually have a ViewSonic I think. Do monitors change much over the years? Anyhow, thanks for the recommendation (of both the pc and monitor).
  • Options
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    > @Daydreamer0215
    > I wouldn't do either of those, They are fairly weak.
    > You can get a monitor for around $100 depending on what size you were after.
    > This is one i do recommend for Quality
    > It will play the game well and comes with no generic parts.
    > Budget Monitor

Okay, thanks! I looked at the monitor and I actually have a ViewSonic I think. Do monitors change much over the years? Anyhow, thanks for the recommendation (of both the pc and monitor).

Monitors do change but not as often
    If you have a 1080p monitor then no need to buy another, If it's an old crt screen then i would buy one though LOL.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    c0mputergeneratedc0mputergenerated Posts: 3 New Member
    help somebody how do i start a new thread
  • Options
    > @c0mputergenerated said:
    > help somebody how do i start a new thread

Just a note, you are typically suppose to post on pages relating to your issue/question. However, I can answer this question for you. New members cannot create their own threads. You have the rank of "Member", which you earn after gathering enough points on your profile. I would link it, but I cannot because I am a new member as well.
  • Options
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    >
    > > @chesterbigbird said:
    > > @Daydreamer0215
    > > I wouldn't do either of those, They are fairly weak.
    > > You can get a monitor for around $100 depending on what size you were after.
    > > This is one i do recommend for Quality
    > > It will play the game well and comes with no generic parts.
    > > Budget Monitor
    >
    >
    > Okay, thanks! I looked at the monitor and I actually have a ViewSonic I think. Do monitors change much over the years? Anyhow, thanks for the recommendation (of both the pc and monitor).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Monitors do change but not as often
    > If you have a 1080p monitor then no need to buy another, If it's an old crt screen then i would buy one though LOL.

Oh okay. Thanks for all of the help you have given me. :)
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Hello all,
    I am in the market for a new desktop computer after the computer I've been using for a few months decided not to boot. I looked around on some auction sites and found a few desktops that I think may be suited to my purposes:

h.t.t.p.s://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1539347771

h.t.t.p.s://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1540343418

h.t.t.p.s://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1537877511

I don't mind having to play on medium graphics settings as my old PC was of the Intel i3-2100 series with AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics and 8gb of RAM, and the PC before that was a Pentium dual core CPU with 2gb of RAM and an nVidia 9500 GT graphics card.

I would really appreciate it if anyone on here would be able to tell me which of these PCs meet requirements to play the game, including the base game, three game packs, six stuff packs and all four of the current expansions. I was able to play Cats and Dogs on my i3 PC on medium graphics.

Thanks in advance. I have broken up the links to the site and all prices are NZ$.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2018
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I am in the market for a new desktop computer after the computer I've been using for a few months decided not to boot. I looked around on some auction sites and found a few desktops that I think may be suited to my purposes:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1539347771

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1540343418

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1537877511

I don't mind having to play on medium graphics settings as my old PC was of the Intel i3-2100 series with AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics and 8gb of RAM, and the PC before that was a Pentium dual core CPU with 2gb of RAM and an nVidia 9500 GT graphics card.

I would really appreciate it if anyone on here would be able to tell me which of these PCs meet requirements to play the game, including the base game, three game packs, six stuff packs and all four of the current expansions. I was able to play Cats and Dogs on my i3 PC on medium graphics.

Thanks in advance. I have broken up the links to the site and all prices are NZ$.

All of these have some pretty old hardware. I would speak to @chesterbigbird if your in NZ
  • Options
    Hello all,

Those ones you linked are not very good at all. Do please keep in mind older used hardware can fail at any time.. so you are buying with risk.
    This ones are better spec wise
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/desktops/no-monitor/auction-1538566856.htm?rsqid=33154b7f0a324a06afc08f817622e081
    What's the most your wanting to spend?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Ideally I would like to spend less than $400 on a new desktop, but I understand if this budget will not get me what I need to play the game. Thank you for your help and recommendation @chesterbigbird
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hello all,

Those ones you linked are not very good at all. Do please keep in mind older used hardware can fail at any time.. so you are buying with risk.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/desktops/no-monitor/auction-1538566856.htm?rsqid=33154b7f0a324a06afc08f817622e081

@chesterbigbird The pentium processor on this computer might have issues with the game . We have seen others having issues with pentium processor
  • Options
    Am I correct in assuming that all of them meet minimum requirements although the components are old?
    @phoebebebe13 what processor would you recommend if not the pentium?
    I realise that recommended requirements for the game list an i5 processor or better.
    Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Am I correct in assuming that all of them meet minimum requirements although the components are old?
    @phoebebebe13 what processor would you recommend if not the pentium?
    I realise that recommended requirements for the game list an i5 processor or better.
    Thank you for your help.

Your welcome. Minimum requirements are for base game only. If you want to survive the entire complete game and all it's add ons, I would own a computer with recommended requirements Processor i5 or AMD FX 8000 series if you going for older hardware. Like chester mentioned, you buy older used hardware, you risk having in break down. Then your stuck with nothing. It's better to save and buy new hardware
  • Options
    Hello all,

@chesterbigbird The pentium processor on this computer might have issues with the game . We have seen others having issues with pentium processor

That pentuim does out perform some of the older i5s.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Hello all,

That pentuim does out perform some of the older i5s.
    I just know this game does not like pentium processors . I have seen a few in DxDiag both laptop and desktop. Could be due to age
  • Options
    BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    I ened up get getting the HP Omen can’t wait to set it up all up and start playing.
  • Options
    I ened up get getting the HP Omen can’t wait to set it up all up and start playing.

Not the best choice, But hope you enjoy it.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

Why wasn’t it the best choice?
  • Options

HP gives you generic hardware, It might have a low power supply The cases are not the best when it comes to cooling and you may have rouble upgrading it in the future. The case and the cooling is just as important and the hardware inside. People in here gave you better choices for a computer

Enjoy your new computer
  • Options

HP gives you generic hardware, It might have a low power supply The cases are not the best when it comes to cooling and you may have rouble upgrading it in the future. The case and the cooling is just as important and the hardware inside. People in here gave you better choices for a computer

Enjoy your new computer

Only if my budget stayed the same when I first posted it but it didn’t. I had to change a couple of things and none of those computers fit my budget. For the price yea it was better. However, it’s an amazing computer and runs my main games perfectly.
  • Options

Enjoy your new computer

Only if my budget stayed the same when I first posted it but it didn’t. I had to change a couple of things and none of those computers fit my budget. For the price yea it was better. However, it’s an amazing computer and runs my main games perfectly.

Just keep in mind they are really not good for upgrading and you need to be very mindful of your temperatures.
    Because they lack the cooling of other gaming desktops if they get any amount of dust inside it will overheat.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Would this desktop be able to play the game without issues?

h.t.t.p.s://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1545176018